[Sweet Apple Acres] Painting the Farm Orange (Closed; Red Cedar/PretzelPony/SteelEagle)

Hippo

HappleBloomBanner_zps996468fa.png

Well now, what could have gotten into Applejack to make her so upset? It couldn't have been anything Apple Bloom had said, could it? Naw. Apple Bloom was a sweet bastion of innocence who smelled flowers and played with puppies all day and did everything else with such a saccharine scent about her that the fact she didn't run around with angel wings and a petticoat on was due to budgetary reasons alone, surely. She didn't know anything at all about Twilight and Applejack's friendship sessions together and she sure didn't mean to tease her sister about it constantly in very innocent ways. What was a friendship session anyway? Apple Bloom certainly didn't know. So why was Applejack all telling he about salads, which was in no way a way of saying shut up? No cause...so she must have been telling her to eat a salad.

"Applejack, yer such a silly pony. Ah don't even have a salad," Apple Bloom replied bluntly, giving her sis a manure eating grin. Good thing they had other things to work on or poor ol' Applejack would just have to take it!

And speaking of taking it, Applejack's poses were pretty good. Maybe she could paint the apple mare during one of her actions poses that she struck just as APple Bloom returned with a basket, placing it in place just as the apples came raining down. Though that did get her to thinking when or where she planned on doing the painting. For a painter she did less painting than Apple Bloom would have thought she would do, but Abby supposed the lure of the greatest activity in all of the land- farming on Sweet Apple Acres with the Apple family- was too powerful a lure. It would be up to them to pull her away from the Orchard's teat and back into focus, or else she would become too enamored and never leave like that one weird pony almost did. Trenderhoof was outlawed by all applicable Apple family laws for good reason, the weirdo creep.

"So Pressy, when ARE you gonna get ready ta start painting? Ah mean, ya say yer a painter an' all but Ah ain't seen any evidence yet..." Apple Bloom teased pleasantly, excited to see an artist in action.

• 1 month later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

"Calm yer hooves, Presteza. No reason to rush. Besides, you still haven't painted me."

"What poses were you lookin' for again?"

Presteza was still pretty much fully calm now. Calmly she trotted over to another Tree and gave another Strong buck, taking off a third of the apples above her and then delivering another kick that took down the rest. Hearing applejack's thoughts on the matter of painting both her and the princess, she realized she was right. She couldn't start shifting her focus from one model in the present to a model who may or may not even be showing up because she was excited. That would be incredibly unproffesional -and not to mention rude- to forget about her friend just because a new member of royalty was stoppping by.

"Yer right, Applejack." admitted the mare with an embarrassed chuckle, "Sometimes I get a li'l too caught up in thinkin' about wot's ahead o' me... Anyway lemme think a second." For now, Presteza seemed to think best while she was active and in this context that meant she had to keep bucking if she wanted to be at her mental peak. Taking a deep breath, the mare once again lifted up her hind leg and hit the trunk of the tree with a powerful kick and almost immediately after that she delivered a second quicker kick that wasn't as strong but managed to get every apple down,"Like I said, I like ta get pictures o' ponies doin' things they love... but in yer case I wanted ta get a side o' ya that most ponies don't see... this Might be tough..." Making her way to another tree she seemed to almost unconsciously repeat the process she'd used on the previous tree as she carried an intensely thoughtful look on her visage,"Usually I ask ponies who model fer me ta get in a pose that feels 'natural' to 'em."

"So Pressy, when ARE you gonna get ready ta start painting? Ah mean, ya say yer a painter an' all but Ah ain't seen any evidence yet..." Apple Bloom teased pleasantly, excited to see an artist in action.

The mare looked at Applebloom and gained a strange look, was that a challenge? Even if it was from a filly, Presteza couldn't turn down a challenge... and there was no way Applebloom was going to get away with questioning the world's future greatest super awesome artist and get away unscathed. Walking back to the cart and levitating a paintbrush from her saddlebag and a couple jars from her bag as well and unscrewed their lids swiftly. Before Applebloom could move the mare galloped past the filly and after Applebloom was sure to have felt what seemed like a million tickles on her face. If the filly had any reflective to inspect herself with she'd find she had an incredibly detailed painting of a tiger over the entirety her face.

"Oi, Applejack!" Shouted the silver maned unicorn as she looked towards Applebloom. "Take a look at this li'l tiger I found! Don' worry it'll dissapear with water if I remember right." After showing off her artistic skills she gave the little yellow filly a look and said,"still think I might not be the best painter In Equestria?"

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

"Then just try and keep your mouth shut, Sis." Applejack wasn't about to not be polite, but for being two sisters that understand each other very often, Apple Bloom sure wasn't getting the picture. Regardless, Applejack just didn't want her to speak any more about Twilight.

"I don't know, I mean, I can't tell ya. I guess the only way I can feel comfortable doing the things I do is if I don't think about it. I'm not going to be able to tell you my favorite poses. I don't think about this kind of stuff." Applejack leaned an eye on Apple Bloom. "Although I bet I know someone who does. And you know, I think Sis is right. We haven't seen you paint yet."

Applejack started rolling into a speech pattern that was more laughable than to be taken seriously. "Maybe, Apple Bloom, she's a con artists. Maybe she doesn't paint at all! Maybe she's painting us a lie." Applejack gave Presteza a smug look. However, in the back of Applejack's mind, she knew that if Presteza really was making up the painting thing, then she could no longer trust her and would probably chase her off the farm. There is to be no dishonesty at Sweet Apple Acres.

But then, Apple Bloom's face was taken and painted on by Presteza. And within seconds, Apple Bloom's face turned that of a cute tiger, with stripes, wiskers and all. "Heh, wow, Apple Bloom. You sure look catty.

Without warning, Winona came out of a bush, and started growling at Apple Bloom. Because she could not recognize her, she not only thought she was a stranger, but also a danger to the farm. *BARK BARK*

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Apple Bloom's little remark pointed towards her favorite prospective painter must have hit home like an arrow to a target. Her face wrinkled in a darish little pout as if she was halfway offended while still being playful. Yeah, she knew that look. Her sister had that look all the time! In fact she almost had it just a few seconds in the past but with less playfulness and more anger and embarrassment. Well, she was a salty one sometimes even if she was still the best sister of all time. Pressy as a painter was still up in the air, especially if the prospect of lying was invoked. She didn't think so and she knew AJ was just kidding, but bring up lying as an apple and a small part of you wanted to investigate every possibility. Luckily for this intrepid emotional detective the prime suspect on art crime decided to clear jher name in a flash and a half in a cool display of skill and adorableness!

It was a whirlwind of motion and tiny pricks against her face but before Apple Bloom could gather herself for a complaint, it had finished. She scrunched her nose against the feeble assortment of materials on her face. She didn't know what had been painted on until the two older ponies talked about it. A little ol' tiger? Well, she spposed it must have been good if Applejack played along with a pun. She wasn't the punniest of mares after all. The real kicker was how Winona acted, bursting out of the bushes with worry at the supposed intruder. Apple Bloom couldn't see and she didn't have a mirror but if it confused Winona of the Apples then it must have been good enough to at least make her look like something else. Apple Bloom giggled.

"Well, Ah can't tell what tha hay Ah look like but Ah reckon you must be one heckuva painter to get Winona up in a tizzy! Here girl! Here, Winona, Winona, Winona!"

• 3 weeks later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

"I don't know, I mean, I can't tell ya. I guess the only way I can feel comfortable doing the things I do is if I don't think about it. I'm not going to be able to tell you my favorite poses. I don't think about this kind of stuff." Applejack leaned an eye on Apple Bloom. "Although I bet I know someone who does. And you know, I think Sis is right. We haven't seen you paint yet."

"Heh, wow, Apple Bloom. You sure look catty.

In Presteza's opinion Applejack's delivery needed work, she was no expert on comedy besides some of the high brow comedy books from back home. Applejack's little pun however did manage to get a small smile out of her though,"Nice one there, Applejack." Her fellow hat wearing mare's suggestion about Applebloom potentially having some good ideas for poses that her older sister could do for her (second) artistic friend and fellow athlete. Pressy was about to ask the little yellow filly what she thought about it but suddenly a playful looking collie jumped out of a bush ,started growling then and barking at Applebloom.

The cream colored unicorn was ready to stand to try and defend Applebloom but soon she realized that this dog was actually rather familiar. This was the apple family's dog; Winona. Presteza absolutely loved dogs! She remembered back in Trottingham when her Dad brought home a Bulldog in the hopes of teaching her and her brother responsibility. That plan backfired a little bit as often the serving staff wound up takign care of the creature alongside the foals and the creature became a spoiled (if lovable) canine.

"Well, Ah can't tell what tha hay Ah look like but Ah reckon you must be one heckuva painter to get Winona up in a tizzy! Here girl! Here, Winona, Winona, Winona!"

She had been hoping to get to know Winona a bit better after she'd first seen her at the Zap apple Harvest. She was about to try and pet her bust decided it was best they get these chores done. The sooner they got all the chores done the sooner she could play with Winona! Heading back over to the trees she began to return to her bucking work, delivering another pair of kicks to each tree she hit and managing to help the apple siblings make some very good time,"So Applebloom, wot kinda poses do you think I should paint yer sister in? don't hold back yer creativity..." she said with a mischievous wink to the yellow earth filly.

"Take it easy there, girl." Applejack tried to ease Winona up, but unfortunately, Winona had been trained too well on intimidating intruders. Apple Bloom may have figured there was no way Winona would attack her, after all, since when does Winona bite anypony? But Winona saw no pony, and Applejack saw the glimmer in the dog's eyes that showed she meant business.

And then, with a vocalization of Apple Bloom towards Winona, the collie leaped towards the filly showing all lengths of her teeth. In a quick reaction, Applejack lassoed Winona and pulled her down, keeping her from ever reaching Apple Bloom's painted on face with her sharp teeth. "Winona, don't worry, it's just Apple Bloom." Winona quit her growl, tilted her head to the side and slowly approached Apple Bloom, sniffer her face and hooves. It was the yellow filly after all! Winona barked playfully and started licking Apple Bloom, the tension from Applejack's rope now loose.

"Ah gotta hoof it to ya, Pressy, that is one mighty fine paint job. I guess you really are a painter!" Applejack took her own strikes against the next tree, her legs pounding the tree with artistic force.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Apple Bloom wasn't afraid of Winona for not even a fraction of a second or a moment in time, even as she bared her teeth and growled and barked something fierce. Even at the worst, Winona was all bark and no bite. When Apple Bloom was just a filly, a real little filly, one time Winona had played a bit too fiercely and bit Apple Bloom and drew a smidgen of blood. It hurt back then but looking back on it, if that was the worst that Apple Bloom could expect from her little dog then Winona would have to step up her game a few stages to present a threat. If Winona and Apple Bloom had gotten into a tussle then Abby knew she would get the better of it. She was stronger and more nimble than her strong and nimble doggie and would have Winona down on the ground in just a few seconds in a hammerlock. What could she do but giggle as she planned to rub that doggie belly until Winona yelped in happiness? Heck, Winona would end up licking a tigress at that rate!

Luckily, Applejack talked some sense into the pup and Winona used her sense of smell to identify the smallest Apple as the best Apple and licked her face, the well-done paint job holding up under a storm of joyful licks. Apple Bloom giggled and grabbed Winona around the waist and wrestled her to the ground, entirely focused now on some rough play. Winona wagged he tail and barked a few times playfully as she tried to fight for leverage, but Apple Bloom was able to get behind and all Winona could do was turn her head left and right in an attempt to nip at the filly. Finally Apple Bloom forced her mutt onto her back and started rubbing the belly, calming Winona down and getting her to roll out her tongue in bliss. Apple Bloom knew how to make her little doggie happy! Now now, who the heck could see this little one as anything other than a threat? She needed to find a ball and fast. Catch wouldn't wait.

"Hmm, you should make Applejack dress up as a puppy and make'r woof a lot," Apple Bloom added absentmindedly as she peeked in and out of trees, "AJ, ya know where a ball is? Maybe Pressy could paint it all like a vampire bat an' get Winona ta attack it extra viciously!"

• 8 months later...

WWWXRbf.jpg

"Ah gotta hoof it to ya, Pressy, that is one mighty fine paint job. I guess you really are a painter!" Applejack took her own strikes against the next tree, her legs pounding the tree with artistic force.

“I plan on bein’ the best!” The cream colored unicorn said with a proud grin on her face. “I’m even plannin’ on learning some other artistic styles, sculpting, dancin’, writin’, poetry, maybe learnin’ ta act sometime… Some say magic is an art buuuuuut…” The mare looked to her horn and huffed with a bit of dissapointment in her tone. “I’m not too good with magic except when I’m paintin’... so I think that might wind up bein’ a discipline I’m gonna have to pass on.”

Presteza offered a hoof to the collie for the canine to smell, she remembered reading somewhere that when meeting a new dog you were supposed to lay your hoof flat out in front of them so they could smell it and figure out you were friendly. Hopefully, Winona would realize the young painter was a nice pony.

She knew that she couldn’t spend much time saying hello to the adorable canine member of the Apple Family, there was still much work to be done. Once she’d given Winona enough time to smell her out, Presteza went straight back to work and began bucking again. If Bucking were an art form, this mare truly showed promise. The more she watched Applejack, the more her form began to more accurately mimic the orange Earth pony. She had an impressive amount of energy as well as she was more or less darting to each tree and bucking the apples off them with enough gusto for three ponies...

"Hmm, you should make Applejack dress up as a puppy and make'r woof a lot," Apple Bloom added absentmindedly as she peeked in and out of trees, "AJ, ya know where a ball is? Maybe Pressy could paint it all like a vampire bat an' get Winona ta attack it extra viciously!"

Abby’s words reached the painter’s ears just as she was about to kick another tree. The mare’s mind reflexively conjured up an image of Applejack in a Winona costume. The orange mare all covered up by a canine costume and with a bit of black paint on her snout brought a smirk to the painterpony’s lips... shortly followed laughter that was failing to be stifled. “Gotta admit… that would be a side ponies don’t get ta see o’ Applejack often… but I don’t think yer sister’s gonna go for it.” She looked to the Farm-mare that was still hard at work with the bucking, “Wot do you think?” she asked in a playful tone.

• 4 weeks later...

Apple Bloom comments might have been over spoke, Applejack might have preferred her to not speak as much as she wanted. She just gave both Apple Bloom and Presteza a look. The look that said, 'no way in Tartarus am I doing that.' Instead of entertaining the thought, Applejack decided to keep asking about the poses she had been scheduled for in the first place. "How about we do some poses of me doing whatever you said you wanted. Can you do one of me bucking a tree? Do I need to hold a pose?"

Winona had enough of the all-conquering Apple filly who allowed her charge to escape with nary an attempt at catching her aside from a gainful swipe at her tail. Apple Bloom might not have been the most educated of fillies but that was mostly because they didn't offer courses in the sort of activities and jobs that she excelled at. Dog wrestling 101? She could be a professor in it. Nopony could tell her she wasn't a dog wrestling savant and Winona's tally of defeats spoke to that. Another thing she was an expert in- reading Applejack like a book. Better than any sort of so-called classical novels or textbooks. Reading Applejack required something special! Like right now her face was totally reading "unhappy with the current discussion" so she went ahead and decided to discard it.

So the new discussion was something she'd have to be happy with. And it was just fine. even if Applejack wasn't gonna dress up like a cute little doggie and play along with that fancy fiction they were still on tap to deliver unto Pressy some good old fashioned Apple goodness. Speaking of- she was doing pretty good so far. She was bucking too fast, to and not through, but not bad for a rookie. She'd still need some serious training before she could ever work the fields long term but heck, for a hoity toity painter type she was doing just fine. And she was about to get some nice Applejack poses! "That's right! Still lotsa good stuff. Ah think gettin' mah sister in the middle of a nice buck would do you just fine, Pressy. Whatcha think?"

tTYuTr8l.jpg

"That's right! Still lotsa good stuff. Ah think gettin' mah sister in the middle of a nice buck would do you just fine, Pressy. Whatcha think?"

Apple Bloom comments might have been over spoke, Applejack might have preferred her to not speak as much as she wanted. She just gave both Apple Bloom and Presteza a look. The look that said, 'no way in Tartarus am I doing that.' Instead of entertaining the thought, Applejack decided to keep asking about the poses she had been scheduled for in the first place. "How about we do some poses of me doing whatever you said you wanted. Can you do one of me bucking a tree? Do I need to hold a pose?"

The painter held her hoof to her mouth to hide her amused smirk, sadly the covering couldn't hide her audible giggle from Applejack's reaction. Once the young mare finished exorcising her case of the giggles she looked back to Applejack and smiled, "Aww... well that paintin' would be cute. I think A good look at a buck would work nicely..." The painter took a momentary break from her own bucking and inspected applejack and then looked at Applebloom and Winona. A smile spread over her face and then she perked up brightly, "I've got it! Applejack, can you do a buck while Applebloom and Winona cheer for ya? I think that would like pretty good!" The Painterpony circled around and looked carefully as she framed the painting in her mind, "And don't worry about holdin' still... I've got a good memory fer this sorta thing."

• 4 weeks later...

"Alrighty then." Presteza's approval of the pose prompted Applejack to get herself into position. She squared the closest tree and kick it with her hind legs. The kick was strong, graceful, and fierce. Apples fell from the tree in scattering positions, not one of them hitting anypony below it. "Lemma do it again a few times. Make sure you get the right angle."  Applejack positioned herself again, rotating herself around the tree, kicking it at every stance. The poor tree might have gotten a misunderstanding what exactly Applejack was kciking it so often for. Eventually, apples stopped falling and stray leaves were the only thing that would decsend from the tree.

Applejack turned again and kicked the same tree. "No. No, that's not right."  She kicked it again. "No, don't use that one, heh, that wasn't a good kick. Come on, Applejack." She kicked again, and then sighed. "I don't know if I've ever had this kind of pressure before kickin' a tree. I've had ponies watching me buck before, but never paint. I want to make sure the pose is just right." Applejack repeatedly kicked the tree, shaking her head in disapproval of her stance.

"I've got it! Applejack, can you do a buck while Applebloom and Winona cheer for ya? I think that would like pretty good!"

Apple Bloom was totally excited to cheer for her sister bucking. She was excited to cheer for her sister when she wasn't bucking! In general she was just excited to cheer for her sister doing jst about any little thing. Why wouldn't she be? Her sister was the best sister of all the sisters in the world and one of the strongest, most capable mares. And she was a heroine., don't forget that. All in al, Apple Bloom had plenty of reasons to cheer and she had even wrote an essay for school on the subject. True, that wasn't the assignment, but it was cooler in the assignment in the wake of her sister returning from Canterlot having kicked all that Changeling butt. They said that love saved Equestria but Apple Bloom not-so-secretly thanked Bucks McGillicuddy and Kicks McGee. “Sounds good ta me! C'mon Winona!” Apple Bloom said before patting her pup, who followed Abby to the place she was directed. Then she got into cheering mood and started cheering as Applejack started to buck!

“Woohoo! Y'all buck like a champion!”
The first buck was as good as any other. Her sis was a champ after all at pretty much anything she did.
"Lemma do it again a few times. Make sure you get the right angle." 
“Y'all can do it!”
"No. No, that's not right." 
That was a silly kick. “C'mon AJ, yer tha best!”
"No, don't use that one, heh, that wasn't a good kick. Come on, Applejack!"

Huh? “AJ AJ she's our mare if she can't do it no...go AJ!”
"I don't know if I've ever had this kind of pressure before kickin' a tree. I've had people watching me buck before, but never paint. I want to make sure the pose is just right."

“Err...go AJ? Y'all aint suffering from performance anxiety, right? Also, what's a people?”  

• 7 months later...

EPJ2ESCm.jpg

The painter sighed internally as she watched the scene unfolding before her. This wasn't good... she'd heard of this before with a lot of models. In a nutshell she remembered reading an article about the "Hoofthorne effect" In which an individual would modify or attempt to improve their behavior due to being watched and in a way pressured by their audience. 

"Maybe ya need a break, Applejack? Take a moment to relax, eh?" she asked in that friendly cockney accent of hers. "If ya like we can try again tamorrow... Well, if ya don't have as many chore loomin' over ya." She than got to another side of the tree and threw up her hind legs, slamming her hooves onto the tree with a resounding thud, a rain of apples falling to the soft grass below. "Maybe yer outta buckin' energy? I could try and capture ya in another situation, sound better?"

Applejack was nervous for some reason, so nervous she was using words she had never used before. Although she couldn't really pinpoint what it was that was making her nervous. It could have just been an over-desire to be perfect. She wasn't willing to quit now. "No, I got this, we got this. I don't need no rest. Today is actually perfect for it, aint it Apple Bloom?" Winona barked in agreement along side.

When Presteza suggested that she was out of energy, it struck Applejack the wrong way. And unfortunately for Presteza, Applejack didn't have the mental focus to hold herself back.
"What!? Out of buckin' energy? Are you crazy? Why, I got more energy than a five-bit snake herder in an Appleloosa ranch house." Applejack quieted her voice. "But if what yer saying is you want to try a different pose, I have many other great poses, I'm sure." Applejack gave a cheeky smile, after she planted her own intentions into Presteza's suggestions. "Let's go to the cornfield, maybe you can get a good pose there."

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Applejack's performance was so uneven it was earning rave reviews from only the small part of Apple bloom's mind that appreciated the abstract art of failure in an unironic and charmed manner. It was like watching a beautiful moon rise- at noon, like that day that Nightmare Moon returned and for a brief moment in time day was night. Heck, the day that some artist could come in and outdo Applejack in a buck was a day Apple Bloom never thought she'd live to see. Her big sis wasn't on the heavy cider, was she? Probably not. Just wasn't doing her best work, and in front of an artist who was here to immortalize you? Yikes! Big time!

But Applejack wasn't about to go down without a fight, she reckoned. "Yeah, it's a mighty fine day for it!" Why, she had all the energy in the world and once she corralled it and directed it, this little painter mare wouldn't know what hit her! Why, whatever Applejack would choose to do would surely showcase all of her most exciting and intense poses. She'd be an Equestrian star for sure! If only they could see her doing something cool like rodeos or corraling stampedes, bucking Apple trees or saving Equestria! Or maybe even...

Cornfields?

Huh?

“Yeah...'cause tha corn is comin' in...real...real nice an' all this, uhh, time of year? Umm...go corn bucking! Y'all can do it, Applejack, buck that corn! Or just harvest it, Ah guess that'd be the term...”

M51XWcxl.png

Pressy blinked and recoiled a bit at Applejack's tone. She seemed a bit offended from the possibility of her being tired but not wounded, which was good; the last thing this painter would ever want to do was risk upsetting her new friend and current model. At the suggestion of the cornfield the mare blinked once or twice as she considered her options as the potentially embarrassing and/or comedic events that could happen there, "umm... sure! Back ta the wagon, I guess, right?" 

The dissapointment in Apple bloom's voice was rather obvious. To be honest, the painter from trottingham was a bit saddened by this development herself, corn picking was not nearly as impressive as applebucking was... and more importantly it would not be the most fun place for a pony like her to be despite her admiration of the farm-life...

"Lead the way, Applejack!"

• 4 months later...

"Yeah.  No.  You don't buck corn.  Although we could try that as a pose."  Applejack shook her head.  "Nah, that's stupid."

She walked to the corn field with her little sister and her friend, probably hauling all of her painting gear with her.  Applejack didn't even think to ask to help carry anything.  She was too worried on trying to find the best environment.  The Sweet Apple Acres corn field was small and seasonal.  Some years they didn't grow corn at all.  It all depended on what kinds of crops they wanted to grow, as sometimes they would use the yield to grow other vegetables that don't take as long to grow.  Corn takes all year, assuming winter gets wrapped up in time.  This year, the corn yield was higher than most years, and the height of the corn was near harvest height, the stalks were tall and strong.

"Alright here we are.  Let's head on in."  Applejack walked into the corn field realizing right away she could not see behind her after she got a few stalks in.  "Just keep walking forward, you should see the way the corn lines up."

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom was put in her place but she didn't much fret, since she sure as heck didn't think corn needed to be bucked. She was mostly just putting on, or trying to put on, a front for the artist. But if nopony else was going too commit to trying and create a good time then she wasn't going to either. She followed dutifully and in her own way, trailing behind ever so slightly. She was trying to use this time to really come up with ideas to help corn sound better than what it was, but in the end it was just corn. They weren't called the Corn family. They were the Apples. Oh well. Applejack got some strange sense of performance anxiety of the deal, Apple Bloom wasn't gonna press it.

In due time they made their way to the corn. It was growing good and strong this time of the year. They walked into the rows, hiding each other somewhat well. Applejack was broad shouldered and strong so it was harder to miss her while the artist had her materials. Apple Bloom was smaller, daintier, and didn't have supplies. Luckily, she had the loudest voice. "This here is our super corn field! Here, we grow corn! Or potatoes. Or beans. Some years we grow celery or cabbage too, and Granny Smith has this awesome cabbage soup recipe! Ah wanna cook it this year for tha annual school-student luncheon thing. Y'all have cabbage soup before, Pressy?" she asked, continuing to walk forward.

pINumgK.jpg

The sight of the cornfield made a lovely picture as well. It was almost like a small sea of green with millions of flecks of gold dotting the scene like the freckles on Applejack's face. There was then a sight and feeling that made Presteza pause for a moment... Corn was still a plant... and plants produced pollen. She may have taken one of the pills that her brother brought her at the end of the running of the leaves, but now with this gigantic field full of leave, dusty dirt, and given the season an insane amount of pollen she couldn't help but worry she might have needed to take two... or three.

She already felt an itch in the back of her nose so she just scrunched it up and gave a soft snort. She was a tough mare! Her family sent her her remedy with love in their hearts so she was sure she would be able to brave this maze without a care in the world through her willpower! 

so in she went.

Since Applebloom was actually behind her she couldn't see the slight pink tinge on the painter's snout, but she would have heard the occasional sniffle as Presteza followed along behind her sister.

"It's bloody amazin'! It really is true wot they say ba-ah... *sniff* Back home. The apple family farm puts a whole lotta others ta shame."She said to Applebloom's first statement and train of thought and then chuckled as the heard the question about the soup. "... Actually now tha-ahhat.. that you mention it I don't think so... back home our family had personal chefs that made stuff for us and it was usually, super fancy-shmancy stuff... with names that were hard to pronounce." The mare chuckled nostalgically.

• 1 month later...

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png\

Did that cornsilk go with Applejack's mane? Umm...not really. She was Applejack, not Cornjack, but at least her mood had improved. Apple Bloom was sure it was going to because AJ never stayed mad for long. She was an even keeled sort of mare with a heart of gold and no doubt all she needed to do was get back to basics. Or corn, whatever came first. So even though she liked a mite silly with it all because, well, it didn't really click with what Apple Bloom thought, she sure as rain wasn't going to come down on the whole idea like a fat filly on cake. Besides, they needed to get to the arting sooner rather than later.

"Ah think yer lookin' mighty good, Applejack," Apple Bloom offered up encouraging words as Pressy was offered up by Applejack for a spirited opinion. Speaking of the painter from Trottingham, she was sniffling up something fierce. Hopefully she didn't have some sort of allergy going on because that would seal the deal on this beig the worst media tour of Sweet Apple Acres ever. Was a painte part of the media? Hmm. She'd have to as Miss Cheerilee. Asking Pressy would be rude and she wasn't sure if even Applejack, as perfect as she was, knew. Besides, there was a more interesting subject than allergies out there. "Well, Ah'm sure we could cook you up some of tha best cabbage soup ever later if ya wanted. How many servants didja have back home anyway?"

Archived