Equestria Divided Rp (Check OCC for Signups)

Shadowbolt0

Noctrina had a huge grin on her face, there wasn't a thing Accipiter could do about it now, she'd locked him out from her own troops. And gladly for her, there wasn't a **** thing he could do to stop her.

That's when she 'felt' something. Midnight, in her head, was feeling off. Almost as if something was dangerious, but she couldn't hear, see or feel anything.

'Duck now!' Midnight almost screamed in her head, she knew something was wrong now. The air pressure around them was changing, similar to that of a Pegasus flying, but it was different. But she knew that it would be took late to raise their shield. Noctrina instantly dropped her body low to the ground. Not once had she questioned Midnight, for she saw a blade pass right where her head had been, but she felt it hit her. She frowned, she didn't feel any pain, maybe it had..

That's when the part of her mane that covered her eye, the left one which was colored blue, was cut clean off. She just watched as her blue mane crashed into the ground, and turned her eyes to the pony responsible. Her left blue eye, and her right red eye, looking straight at him with pure and utter hatred.

"You guys stay here, he's mine" she ordered, walking forwards growling. She raised her shield, flaring her wings and in a single, powerful flap of them, launched herself forwards at the pony that had not only tried to kill her, but managed to score a hit on her! She knew the air, any pegasi did, so she knew where they'd be and when, meaning there was not going to be a thing they could do stop her. And she was right, the front of her shield smashed into the cloaked figure in the air, sending them flying backwards and hard into the ground.

Noctrina went back slightly, her opponent was a unicorn, meaning she'd have to be careful of his magic, and what blade skills they possessed.

"I thought you'd be tougher" she taunted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out on the battlefield, Lightning Dusk had just taken out another M&S flunky, nice and easy. It almost wasn't a challenge to the pegasus. Most of her team was still intact. And she planned to push straight down the middle, when a hoof touched her on the shoulder. She half expceted to see Skyfire behind her, but it was another pegasus, Lightning. The mare looked like she'd seen a ghost.

"What's wrong?" lightning asked her.

"Ma'am, our team got taken out, all of us! Stormwing were planning an ambush in the mountains, and i think that super solider monster you mentioned was one of them"

Lightning wasn't liking it. Earthborn were holding their own on the ground for the most part, the sky was theirs, but now Stormwing had joined the battle which means a whole lot of trouble. She knew what she had to do, and flaring her wings, she flew off, heading for the north side of Ponyville. Their ground forces were being crushed, but Skyfire and the few Pegasi that remained were doing a good job at holding them off. Lightning spotted her, and instantly flew to her. She would need her help in this.

"Skyfire!" ​ she yelled when she was close "Come here, we've got a few problems"

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky had grinned widely as she'd watched the unicorn she'd teased fly across the sky to kill some ponies over by some other important looking ponies. Wait, wasn't that one...it was! It was the pegasus Lightning had warned her about. Sky did a back flip and corkscrewed towards the ground, then leveled out and slashed at the legs of a group of ponies on the ground, severing them at the knees, before pulling back up into the sky.

She was having tons of fun, but something was amiss. She tried to figure out what it was as she continued to make surgical strikes at random ponies on the ground. Hovering in the air for a moment, she sucked on the blood that had run down the hilt of her sword from all the ponies he'd killed and was pooling in her mouth. She swallowed it as she realized what was missing. The artillery!

This was still the first wave of M&S troops, otherwise known as the expendable wave. The ones sent in to clear a path over walls by piling their bodies up till the later troops could use those bodies to climb over those walls. So why hadn't M&S fired their artillery yet? She glanced in the direction of the rising sun, then shrugged, before diving back into the fray for a bit. That was, until she heard Lightning call her name.

With a large grin on her face, Skyfire dislodged her blade from the neck of the earth pony slave, flourishing her blade to make a lovely spray of blood in the air that she flew through as she sped through the air towards Lightning. She sheathed her sword as she flew, grasping Lightning in a hug once she got to her side. " Commander! What's the problem? This is GREAT! Although it's a little disappointing that they haven't fired their sunray cannons yet. I really enjoy watching those things tear up the battlefield, ffffrrrrying ponies alive! " She laughed as she did a barrel roll just for the hell of it.

Lightning looked at Skyfire, and for once, her face didn't show any positive emotions. She knew Skyfire took things seriously, just sometimes didn't act in a manner that showed it. She just hoped this was one of those times.

"Skyfire, remember i told you about that Pegasus Rainbow has? The one she claims is a super soldier? She's here, up by south side at the mountain. We need to take her out, today, before she comes back and does more damage to us. Come on, and be careful, we cannot afford to mess up"

Lightning shoot off, Skyfire following her closely, they knew where they were headed, and their mission.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep underground, Whitegold waited patiently. That was all they needed to do, wait, then strike when Earth and M&S have worn eachother out. A simple plan, if only things went according to plan.

Shadles noticed it first, some Whitegold members were missing, and the Griffons were seemingly getting closer to what remained. He went out, trying to see if anything was happening. He turned a corner, and froze dead in his tracks.

Bodies littered the hall he'd turned into, and all of them had one thing in common, they were Whitegold members from this mission. Shadles quickly turned to run, he needed to tell Obsidian this instant! The second he turned around, he came face to face with another pony, who wielded a sinister grin. He raised his blade, but was too slow, something heavy hit him in the head, knocking him out cold.

"Captain! Captain, anyone, come" said Topaz, the mare ran into where Obisidan and Elusis were chatting, she looked distressed, and had a cut on her neck. "It's Shadles, the Griffon's jumped him, jumped me! They, they said they wanted to speak with you, or..they'll...kill him" she gulped at the last part, she looked scared, not only for her life, but something deeper.

"Please, don't like them get him. I-i hate to admit it, but, well...Shadles's is my younger brother" she said, trying to motion both of them to come with her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noctrina smiled, despite the unveiling of her off-coloured eye, the pony she'd kicked hadn't moved. Maybe she'd crushed its ribs into pieces!

Not only did we not apply enough force to crush his ribs, but he's probably wearing armor, so we would have failed to kill him even with enough forc....Back up! Noctrina growled as she heard Midnight's orders, she was just starting to have fun! So she flapped her wings back into formation with the remaining survivors of her team, and a smirk appeared when she saw who had arrived. Lightning Dusk..Her target.

Lightning landed on the ground, looking over at the team of Stormwing Pegasi, and the monster. It was looking at her and Skyfire with missmatched eyes, one of them was ice blue, the other looked like blood to her. She tilted her head to Skyfire Ok, we keep this simple, you take out her team, and i'll hold her till then, then we take her together and show Rainbow true power, got it?"

"Well well well, look what we have here, 2 traitors to the sky. You know, normally i'd make the Pegasi speech about how you are unworthy of your wings, but to be honest, i don't care. Though, i thank you for finding me, means i don't have to search for you" said Noctrina to Lightning, she was her target. She didn't care about the other mare she'd brought to the fight, probably some lakie that couldn't fight anyway. She turned her head, looking over where the pony who managed to get her mane was, though she couldn't see him.

"Lucky day, if my orders weren't to kill Lightning, i'd make you suffer for touching my main" she turned her full attention to Lightning now. She was going to cut that mare, and nothing was going to stop her.

Hagane clenched his eyes shut as his head pounded with the throbbing pain of the blood surging through his head, and the battering of the earth as artillery continues to rain down upon its soil. He struggled to get up, wheezing in pain as he stumbled onto his hooves: his ribs were broken on his left side.

All he really heard was the muffled sound of some mare talking. A pegasi. She didn’t appear to be the same one who wasn’t talking to him earlier, but he couldn’t tell as he clenched his teeth and struggled to see through his concussion, and it didn’t matter. It had wings, ergo, it needed to die.

“I don’t need to be strong or tough to kill you. I just need to be able to swing my blade. It will do the rest for me.”

Obsidian's spun when Topaz came running towards them yelling, listening intently to the details, he looked at Cherisse who gave him a worried look before ducking back into his coat. He turned to Elusis and motioned for her to follow, once she was up and following him he quickly followed Topaz, looking around the tunnels warily. "I knew they couldn't be trusted, why couldn't we have stuck with the marauder mercs we usually hire?" As they rounded the corner he could see the bodies of at least a dozen of his soldiers, but no griffins, "Topaz just where the hell are they?"

Elusis had spaced off, she allowed others to Speak to Obsidian without her even saying a word. She wasnt much for talk nor did she really listen to what was being said except Griffons. She Had gone into a slight zoned out state as she looked around the cave walls as they shook and the sounds of Fighting up above were still heard. She had swirled more scrolls around herself checking them a 10th time.

She had blinked quietly then her state was disturbed by yells. Elusis looked to the Mare who came over. Topaz was it? She didnt know. Rolling her eyes she growled a bit. "Dam birds are mucking up everything. If its one thing i hate its Gryphon bluntness." She thought to herself before nodding to Obsidian and levitating her shield out of the ground and beside her as they moved. "I dunno how good i will be down here, Heck might bring the whole tunnel down on our heads if anything. Could cast a sentry but those scrolls cost....I dunno.....45 bits......" She mumbled. following close. The smell of blood was floating in the small airspace. She looked upon the dead White gold on the ground before scrunching her nose. "Oh...welll......lovely..." She Noted that Obsidian was vulnerable so she Used her magic to cast a simple Ward shield spell to provide a small ammount of protection. Upon Obsidian's remark she looked to the far end of the cave. "Dunno.......could be lining crosshairs on us....Im not a fan of Getting shot...." She said partially to herself.

As Obsidian and Elusis looked down the tunnel, several griffon's jumped from behind!

They went for Elusis first, a quick smash across the face with a bat and the mare was knocked cold, her spell was good, but sometimes a good old bat did the trick. With the spell gone and the element of suprise, Obsidian got around half a second to react before several griffon's restrained him, and he himself suffered the same fate as Elusis, clobbered over the head by a bat.

Looking down at their unconsciousness bodies, several Griffon's made was for Topaz, the mare looking down at her prey. Humming to herself, somethings were just too easy. Now she had 3, but there was still room for more, but she wanted something..more.

She turned to the Diamond Dogs beside her. "Go, see if you can find me some more victims, the boss wanted at least half a dozen"

Elusis had Gotten hit so hard that she fell to the ground, Her mind went black and the sound of more wood on skull was heard. As she lay there she tried to keep Conciouss as the pain began to numb and give way to Sleep. Her hooves twitched slightly at the signals her brain tried to give but it was useless, Her eyes shut tight and her whole world spinning. She gave up and eventually fell under the blanket of Unconsciousness.

Her magical signature had fallen as well dropping her shield to the ground giving a clamor as well as the two hydra sentry spell scrolls she had floating about. It was a good thing she hadnt had the self destruct scroll within her teeth or she would have been ash.

Skyfire nodded eagerly as she flew beside her commander. “ Ma’am yes ma’am! No messing up allowed, got it! Buuuut...can we mess around? Because I totally have the urge to ravage you right now. Murdering just really makes me hot if you know what I mean! “ The crazed pegasus laughed and did a barrel roll under her commander, coming up on her other side, and giving her a wide grin.

Noctrina nodded to her team, it was a simple plan. out of the 13 remaining troops she had, 8 of them out distract Lightnings companion, while the other 7 would go make sure the one that had nearly taken her head off got a proper introduction to the Pegasi forces.

They split up in a blaze of fluttering wings. The team of 7 dived off to the side where the pony that had come from seemingly no where, they spread out and kept their distance. They had no idea how strong the unicorn they were dealing with was, so they had to play it slowly.

As for the pegasi that had Skyfire as their targets, they made no intention of taking it slow. They saw a weak pegasi traitor and all flew straight at her. Lightning saw this, attempting to intercept one of them, but her blade clashed into Noctrina’s shield.

Lightning looked at Noctrina with pure hatred, pulling back and slashing again, only for Noctrina to easily block again before spliting her shield in half with her claws and striking back. While caught completely off guard at the splitting of her shield, Lightning fought on. She had to just keep the abomination occupied till Skyfire killed her troops, then she’d been easy picking. She winced slightly as the mare smashed her shield with one of the claws. It was going to be a hard diversion, but then again, she was awesome, so she’d be fine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside New Ponyville was the perfect defination of Chaos. Ponies were running about, mixing between firing their cannons and trying to deal and engage with the crazed mare who was exploding everything near her! A team of Earthborn, mostly composed of Ponies-at-War, but being lead by 2 Juggernauts, crashed into another building, in a vain attempt to find the member of the Cult.

"Dammit, we lost her again! Where is she? We need to find her before she kills anymore of our house, dammit!" the lead juggernaut swore, crashing his strong hooves into another table, crushing it to pieces. They had no idea where Phantasma really was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Ponies searched inside the town, they had to focus with the M&S that resided outside the town. A team of ponies, a dozen Ponies-At-War, along with 3 Rangers and a Jugganaut, lead the charge north of Ponyviile, towards the river where a team of firespitters had been completely demolished. They spotted several M&S, and a lot of dead Pegasi. The lead Jugganaut focused his eyes on the knight standing, most likely the leader. He looked like an honourable opponent, one of bring victory, or death. He charged straight at the knight, with his troops close behind him.

The soft patter of blood falling onto a the stone floor of one of the smithies was the odd stallion out among sound effects. Phantasma leaned against the wall the metal works facility and slowly slid down until she rested on her stomach. Blood leaked from a wicked gash on her right foreleg. Perhaps she had drawn a little too much of Earthborn’s ire. Sending two juggernauts to handle lil’ ole me? I’m flattered!

The salmon mare chuckled jovially, hiding a curse within her laughter. This was bad, her injury was deep and it wouldn’t stop bleeding. She had no medical supplies on her, after all, she was but an extension of the Laughing Mare’s will, thus expendable. Why would she carry first aid when she could pack more bombs, blades, and poisons instead? Then again, if it was her time to be taken, she would have been taken… not forced to suffer.

Amber eyes scanned the metals works. Furnaces burned in the background, filling the structure with the sounds of crackling coals and the smell of heated metals. A few anvils sat paired with coal pits at intermittent spaces in the facility. Black powder and wading was set of far away from any source of fire for the building. Several incomplete blades lay on anvils or forgotten in containers of water. Finished pieces of armor, swords, and cannon barrels hung from chains connected to the catwalks overhead. There was even a giant pivoting cauldron of molten iron. Phantasma’s lips curled into a wicked grin; the Laughing Mare had blessed her with a fighting chance.

~Phantasma Goria~

“Where’d that scumbag of a mare get to?” One of the juggernauts seethed.

His fellow hulking soldier scoffed and gave him flat look. “Probably off boning a corpse or something… F*cking cult sickos,” he said as he continued the search with the other juggernaut and their squad of ponies at arms.

The ponies at arms breached several small buildings during their search, each call of clear was more disheartening than the last. An armored mare rushed up to one of the lumbering Juggernauts and saluted. “Corporal, we don’t believe the cultist is in any of the smaller facilities. We’ve no idea where she could have gotten to, sir!”

They couldn’t afford to have a cult member loose in new ponyville reeking havoc, it would ruin their defensive lines and give moon and star an advantage, plus with the appearance of Stormwing as enemies, they just couldn’t risk a weak defensive front.

“Okay, everypony spread out and--”

“--Mmmhuhohyes! A mare’s voice interrupted. Excruciating pain mingled with primal lust in a sound somewhere between a cry and a shout.

“Sir, that sounded like it came from the smithy.”

The juggernaut didn’t have time to think about how the mare managed to secure such a large facility alone, but she did. All that was important now was removing her from the town. “Alright dirt rakers! We have a possible contact, so lets get over there and show the insane b*tch what happens when you get under Earthborn’s hoof!”

“RAAH!” The ponies at war roared, falling in line behind the two tank like ponies.

The squad reached the entrance of the smithy in short order. The two juggernauts nodded at each other. “Breaching!” One of them yelled. Everypony piled up on either side of the door, awaiting the inevitable.

The first juggernaut lined his deadly weaponry up with the facilities double doors and charged. The massive pony burst through the doorway like a bulldozer, knocking the metal doors off of their hinges and sending them flying away into the darkness.

After looking around for a second, the stallion saw that nothing moved. “Clear!” he yelled back to the rest of his squad.

Reluctantly, they all entered the

of the smithy. The rattling of chains coupled with the soft pops of the furnace fires gave everypony a sense of false security. They stared at the shiny pieces of armor decorating the lengths of chain as they trotted through the metal works. Everything seemed in order here.

The chains suddenly started moving, bringing out new pieces to be viewed. Sets of, vambraces, cuissasses, helmets and even a corpse passed them by.

One of the ponies at war froze and did a double take. “B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-” was all he managed to get out before everypony else had noticed. The entire squad backpedalled and took a back-to-back formation. The air stank of blood and death, as more and more pieces of armor were either replaced by mangled bodies or filled with with them.

“Sh*t, calm down! She’s just trying to scare us. Dead bodies can’t hurt nopony,” one of the juggernaut’s yelled, looking over his shoulder. Sizzling from in front of his caught his attention “What the fu-- a blinding flash followed a thunderous roar erupted from in front of him.

Fire and shrapnel flew through the air faster than anypony could react, mauling several ponies at arms and injuring one of the juggernauts.

Mirthful chuckling could be heard echoing between the walls of the building. “Buck this, i’m out!” A pony at arms yelled before sprinting off, only to trip over a chain, triggering a crate of unmounted blades to tip over and pour it’s sharpened payload over his lightly armored body. Blades pierced bone and muscle, sending blood splattering to the floor in a shower of crimson and steel.

Every pony at war was panicking and triggering traps left and right. Several were lost to another powder explosion while one fell into a spike trap. Within moments of the initial freakout the only members of the squad left alive were the two juggernauts. “D*mn that cultist!” The injured juggernaut said. Blood leaked slowly from a head injury and he held up one of his back legs.

The other juggernaut snarled. “I think she’s out of tricks, but keep your guard up!”

A figure jumped, flipped, and crawled to navigate the complex maze of items cluttering the facilities floor. It leapt out from the shadows and landed perfectly between them.

“Don’t worry boys. I may be out of tricks, but I’ve still got an entire bag of treats!” Phantasma giggled heartily as she bowed.

“SMASH HER!!!” The injured juggernaut shouted.

Both ponies pivoted on their hooves and tried to rush the masked mare down. Her ears flopped and her eye twitched, prompting her to throw her weight back and jump, latching onto a low hanging chain. Momentum caused her to swing back, but what goes up must come down! Gravity catapulted her forward and Phantasma gladly extended one of her back hooves towards the injured juggernauts head. Her hoof connect with a loud clank, denting the armor in and knocking the stallion over. Phantasma kicked off of the pony’s head and twisted in mid air, dropping bombs as she sailed over the other soldier.

The mare landed, but the moment she put pressure on the hoof she attacked with she fell over. Looking back, she saw a dark bruise forming around her ankle. “Yowzers!” the giggled as she got to her hooves, taking special care so suspend the limb.

The second juggernaut was just beginning to recover from her explosive assault. The tuxedoed mare tried to hobble out of his line of sight, but in her injured state she was much too slow. The hulk snorted after looking at his knocked out opponent and started his attack, barreling at her like a freight train. Phantasma’s senses flared again, but all she could do was perform a small hop and contort her body just enough to avoid the worst of her opponents bladed helmet. Despite her attempted evasion, the charge still connected. The snap of ribs rang in Phantasma’s ears and fire filled her chest. The mare’s vision blackened for a second, only to return abruptly when once she had been slammed roughly against a wall.

“Any last words, you psycho whore?” The juggernaut spat.

Coughing, she replied cheekily, “Just two: MY EYE!”

“Wha--” Faster than he could react, the masked mare whipped a needle out from her sleeve and stabbed the armored pony directly in his eye socket.

The stallion stumbled back screeching in agony.“GAH, MY EYE!”

Phantasma jumped up and perched on a low hanging chain. Holding her chest with one hoof, she used her other hoof to grip a length of chain. “What whines like a little foal and smells like fried chicken?” With all of her might she tugged the chain, sending a torrent of molten metal cascading down from overhead, flooding the lower level of the facility in orange hot fluid. “You...” she answered, drowned out by the yells of two cooking ponies. The mare silently swung over the slowly cooling metal as she clutched her injuries.

When the sun’s golden rays finally peeked over the mountains proper, the sun ray cannons prepared to release their payloads on the unsuspecting Earthborn soldiers. The massive siege weapons drank in the nourishing sunlight, whining, begging for more as their mana coils charged and compressed the Sol’s raw power. The moment one of the cannon’s charge hit 100% a hoof gesture was made, signaling that the operators were clear to fire on Eclipse’s flare. The world around the the firing sunray cannon disappeared in a yellow haze.

Deep within the battlefield ranks of the Earthborn erupted wails of pure agony. A patch of earth suddenly blackened, giving way to glowing orange slag that ran as freely as any river. Celestia help anypony who was caught in the blast. Armor melted instantly and bodies spontaneously combusted, leaving charred skeletons behind, all in the attosecond before the sunray’s telltale yellow tracer reached the area.

~Eclipse~

Juggernauts. Eclipse hated the the walking mountains of pony muscle. Those Earthborn giants were beasts of battle and every time one showed they took far too much to take down. Luckily (or unluckily), the armored giant only had eyes for him, sparing the rest of his forces. If the big guy wanted a duel, Eclipse would give him the fight of his life.

The commander raised his voice, magically enchanting his vocal cords to ensure all of his troops heard him. While not as intense as the Royal Canterlot Voice, it was a useful skill taught to the commanders. Purple eyes took in every detail of the battlefield as he prepared his voice.

The Earthborn’s ponies at war, and three Appaloosan Rangers moved into position, seeking to break Moon and Star’s line. The rangers were a nightmare for flying troops. Heck, they were started to answer Stormwing’s flying forces, meaning that Eclipse had better keep his seraphs away from them, but between the nightmares and the marksmages, the rangers would be dead shortly. Eclipse still had a mixed squad of legionnaires and Lunar Knights at his command, they could match and overpower Earthborn’s basic troops.

With a plan decided on, Eclipse yelled out his orders and was pleased to hear a strong response from his soldiers, signalling that most were still alive. The ranks broke behind the commander as his troops rushed to engage those of the newly arrived foes, leaving him and the juggernaut alone to stare each other down. Eclipse’s eyes shone with magic has he levitated his curved sword and his tower shield out and held them at the ready. A third aura encased the scabbard of Illcaster’s curved sword, drawing the red blade out and into combat position with the rest of his arms.

The juggernaut charged! Massive hooves beat against the flat ground, sending small tremors and the sound of thundering steps across the battlefield. Eclipse’s magic came to him as easily as it always had. A surge of telekinetic power erupted from his horn as an invisible bullet, barrelling straight for the juggernaut. The shot connected with the giant pony’s frame, Eclipse could feel it, yet it did nothing to slow the behemoth down! Thinking on his hooves, Eclipse rolled to the right to avoid what was surely meant to be a fatal tackle.

The unicorn quickly hobbled to his hooves, his body still sore from his encounter with the repeater cannon and the earlier group of rangers. The stallion whipped around to meet his opponent, but the Juggernaut was already upon him. The massive pony was much faster and more agile than Eclipse gave him credit for. He’d underestimated his opponent and now he found himself on the receiving end of the spear-like tusks of the Earthborn’s helmet. With no other choice, the unicorn directed all of his telekinetic might at the ground, causing a massive explosion of energy at point blank range, violently tossing them away from each other.

Eclipse hit the ground hard, rolling to a stop some distance away from the Juggernaut who seemed quite dazed and confuse. A sharp pain rang through the unicorn’s jawline, prompting him to spit. Blood and several white shards, that Eclipse knew were bits of broken teeth, were expelled from his mouth. From the heat on the back of his head, Eclipse could tell that the suns light starting to overtake the battlefield. He’d have to end this quick, in the sun’s light his special talent was significantly weaker. Wait a second… the sun!

Eclipse knew that his idea was stupid, suicidal even, but he didn’t plan on dying in a one on one with a juggernaut. Not today, not ever. Gathering up his weaponry, the commander rushed the massive Earthborn. “YAAAH!!!” He cried as jumped and summoned his telekinetic might to propel his body through the air faster than he could ever move on his one. The strain on his body was great. Eclipse could hear his bones creaking from the G forces and his vision was beginning fade to black. The unicorn sheathed his weapons and put his shield out in front to act as a battering ram.

For a split second, the rending and crumpling of steel mixing with the crumpling of bones filled Eclipse’s world. The moment his shield connected with the juggernaut, pain the likes of which he hadn’t felt in ages burned through his entire body. When the stallion opened his eyes he found himself on top of the disorientated hulk of a soldier.

The Earthborn thrashed as he started to regain consciousness, but Eclipse didn’t relent. His horn shone a bright yellow as he lowered it to the juggernaut’s chest, causing the heavily armored stallion to glow like a beacon. As the bestial pony beneath him jerked his head back and forth, Eclipse could have sworn he felt something nic his underbelly and slam into his back leg, but he ignored the sensations in favor of delivering two swift hoof strikes to the Earthborn’s helmeted face. Knowing time was short, Eclipse grabbed his discarded shield in his magic and used his telekinesis to thrust himself away from the rocked juggernaut.

Barely a second after their forms separated the ground around the earthborn blackened, stone ran like melted snow, roiling as it released pockets of trapped gas created from the flash boiling. The juggernaut’s innards were cooked before the poor pony could even scream, but Eclipse still felt his suffering.

“For the Royalty,” Eclipse choked out, falling to the ground. He looked down at his stomach, that little nic was more like huge gash. His back left knee felt stiff and unresponsive, but by this point everything was beginning to seem distance. He could see hooves approaching him as his vision faded in and out, but he had no clue who the ponies were.

Accipiter watched the events below with vague interest. The three factions were locked in the deadly throes of battle, no one a clear victor, in fact from up here, they all seemed like the losers. As Noctrina had made abundantly clear, he had no control over any Stormwing contingent on the battlefield, they were all too scared of Noctrina to risk answering to him. They might as well be another faction. Any who answered to the freak over their prophetess didn't even deserve his aid. He would remain here with those who were still loyal to her, his small entourage. The cloud cover made them exceptionally hard to see, even with their armour.

"Commandant! Lighting dust has been sighted! And she's engaging Noctrina on the field!" Corporal Spectre shouted.

That had Accipiter's attention. His two mortal enemies, who were also mortal enemies, fighting to the death? Why, this was a dream come true. If just one of them were to die, then this would all have been worth it! Not to mention that if Lightning were to win, and he to then strike her down? His life would be made so simple with those two obstacles removed. Ideas began to form in his head. He lifted his spear above his head, then dipped it downwards into the grey cloud he was stood upon. As he closed his eyes he could feel the cloud, and the electrical excitation he was looking for deep within. He drew forth the ionising particles, charging his spear. One throw was all it would take, the second that Noctrina failed, he would be ready. Ironic that he would take out Lightning with his own bolt from the blue.

Skyfire watched with a manic grin as the eight pegasi sped towards her. She could tell by how they flew at her that they expected this fight to be quick and easy. In their minds, they had the advantage of numbers, better tactics, and a higher power behind them. Weather that power was their belief in what they were doing, their loyalty to the Rainbow Wench, or their fear of the psycho looking commander of theirs, Sky didn't know. Nor did she care.

They probably also expected her to do something as they came at her. Move, dodge, fight, scream, cry, something. They certainly didn't expect her to simply hang in the air and do nothing. She simply pulled out her sword, holding it in her mouth off to the side, and waited as they got closer, and closer, until the first one was right on top of her, bringing his sword down at her neck.

It never reached her, as his head spun lazily down through the air, closely trailed by his body. As she righted herself from the barrel roll she'd just done to behead him, she shot forwards, slicing upwards into the body of the pony, a mare, and flipping over her back with her blade still inside the mare.

Two down, now she'd actually have to start fighting. Firstly, however, she'd need to pull in her wings tightly to her sides, lest they be lopped off by another of the incoming pegasi. As it was, she felt the tip of his blade begin to gouge a line through her armor and across her side, just above her wing as she began to fall, and then it hit her. She gasped at the pain, feeling her adrenaline surge and her heart beat faster, but also a lustful warmth spread through her body, causing her eyes to begin rolling up into her head, and her sword hilt in her mouth to become wet with saliva.

After a moment, the blissful feeling was gone, and Sky shot out her wings with a small growl of frustration. She really wanted to feel that feeling again, but she knew that would be no fun. It was better to avoid the pain for as long as possible, that way the bliss was that much sweeter when it came. Also, a small part of her mind that still held some sanity whispered in her brain, it's much less hazardous to our health. Sky snorted at the little voice, since thinking like that was also no fun.

Pulling out of the dive she did a backflip, flying back towards her trailing attackers upside down. One thing was certain, she was faster than these clowns. She neatly cleaved the legs of the first pegasus in line behind her, and deftly banked away from the second, only getting a nick in the hind leg, earning her another small wave of pain and pleasure.

However, it seemed they'd wised up to her tricks, as a pegasus dove at her from straight ahead of her. Spinning away at the last second, pulling her wings in to drop like a stone, she managed to avoid the twin pronged attack. Spreading her wings once more, she looked up hoping to see the two ponies tangled together in the skies, or better yet, one having impaled the other. No such luck, as the two pegasi had managed to bank away from each other and were once again coming after her.

She wondered where the remaining three had gotten off to, when suddenly a thought hit her and she flew as fast as she could towards the clouds. She noticed a hole appear in one of the clouds above her and she began juking wildly, just in time to avoid a lighting bolt fired by one of the pegasi above. Now aiming for the hole, she burst up through the clouds beside it, spinning with her blade. She felt mild resistance and heard a scream, smiling as she felt something warm splash upon her face.

She immediately dove back down through the clouds, not bothering to see if she'd killed whoever she'd hit. As she flew through the thick white substance, she saw the two pegasi that had been chasing her fly past. One noticed her and was able to give her a wonderful sting of bliss to the side of her left leg.

She began diving back and forth through the cloud layer, zigging and zaggin, swiping at anything she saw with her weapon. She made a few hits, but she could tell none of them put the ponies she hit out of action. on her seventh trip up, she felt the fur on her tail begin to rise, as the cloud she was now about to enter became charged with electricity. Spotting the pegasus causing this, she pulled up just before hitting the cloud, causing tendrils of electricity to reach up to dance upon her armor and weapon, leaving little trails of burning ecstasy upon the fur and flesh beneath it.

She flipped upside down, sword held up towards the pony, pulling her wings in to her body as she flew through his legs, cleaving through the ponies body in seconds, staining the lower half of her armor red. She landed upon the now electricity free cloud on her back, and quickly dove into it again, only this time, she didn't exit out the other side. Instead, she waited until she saw one of her attackers foolishly fly right past her. She zoomed out after him, and used his body as a temporary sheath for her sword.

Pulling her weapon from the now dead pony's body, she did a quick mental tally. She'd taken out two right away, then a third by the legs, then the one in the cloud sneak attack. After that it was mr. sparky, then the living sword sheath, which only left...She felt a sudden glorious pain in her back that spread to her front. She nearly let go of her weapon as she screamed around the hilt in pain and ecstasy, tears streaming from her eyes. She realized she'd stopped flapping as she'd been to preoccupied with her body shuddering from what her attacker had just caused it to do. She glanced at her left shoulder, seeing a thin blade dripping with crimson extruding from her through blurry tear filled eyes.

She grinned like a madmare, and shot out her wings, stopping her descent in an instant, causing the blade to bite deeper and protrude further from her shoulder. She let out a groan as she felt the metal slip further through her body, but she wasn't done yet. With a downward push of her powerful wings, she forced the blade through her back until she felt the hilt guard touch her shoulder blade, and only then did she throw her head back in bliss at her second release this fight.

It was only because of her training and sharp eyes that she saw the final of the original two pegasi dispatched after her, flying straight at her with frightening speed, wielding a spear before them. She reached up with her one good arm and wrapped her gauntlet covered hoof around the blade protruding from her, and began positioning herself as best she could with the other pegasus still on her back. She dropped her sword, letting it tumble towards the ground as the mare with the spear continued to charge her.

Just as the pony was about to impale Sky straight through the chest, she flipped, causing the spear to instead go through the plating of her right hip, and straight through the stomach of the Pegasus upon her back. Her flip also caused the blade protruding from her shoulder to impale the mare before her in the throat . Sky's eyes rolled all the way up into her skull with pleasure as she let her hoof slip off the sword in her chest, instead cupping it around the neck of the mare slowly dying upon its tip, and brought her lips to her own, passionately kissing the mare who had just tried to kill her.

Down and down the three of them plummeted towards the ground, Sky's hind legs twitching as she had her third and final release of the fight, as Sky looked into the eyes of the mare she'd just kissed as blood leaked from her lips and whispered to her. " Thank you ", before all three ponies came to a stop upon the ground.

Slowly, the form of a dripping wet pony emerged from the mud and much of the swamp into which it had fallen. The poor creature dragged itself across the ground until it fell over on it's side upon the ground, simply lying there as it breathed heavily. Shakily, it reached down with it's right hoof and tried to pull a broken spear from its abdomen. It gave out a sharp intake of breath as it touched the protruding implement. With some effort, it got to it's hooves, then, standing upon shaky legs, it purposely fell down upon the end of the weapon, driving it out through it's back. The creature let out a gurgling moan as it's body began to spasm for a few moments before calming down. With labored breaths, the pony stood once again, and began stumbling haphazardly across the swampy ground, dripping blood and much as it went, until it came to a large sword embedded in the ground.

Pulling the humming sword from the earth, the pegasus mare swung it at the protruding piece of staff coming out her back, chopping it off, leaving a section of the pole still inside her to prevent herself from bleeding out. Glancing up at the sky, she cast her gaze about the sky for her commander until her eyes fell upon Lighting, still fighting the same mare up in the skies. With a raspy chuckle and a cough, Skyfire, bit down on the hilt of her sword, and spread her wings. She was probably going to die if she fought in her condition, screamed the tiny voice in her head as she started flying back up into the sky towards the two pegasi, but she paid it no mind as a manic fire burned in her eyes.

Besides, where was the fun in laying down to die? Flying around in the sky, helping a really hot mare tear another really hot mare to ribbons while bleeding from multiple injuries? Now that was what Skyfire called fun!

Soul watched the pegasi circling him, listening carefully, hoof on sword, ready to draw his blade at a moment's notice.

After a minute of shuffling and nods, two pegasi, one wielding two swords while the other held a spear, jolted out from the group and quickly closed the distance between them and the unicorn, flanking him as they bore their weapons to strike. They attacked in unison, the swordsman throwing himself through the air towards Soul's back, bringing his blades down in an 'X' as he sought to cut the hooded pony down to size; meanwhile, the spearwoman made a reckless thrust for Soul's head rather than his chest, allowing him to bring the sheathed sword up and deflect the shaft of the spear with a pained grunt (the bite from his injured rib cage was still fresh, made worse only by exertion), redirecting the head of the spear barely off to the side of his face and into the pegasus who had just tried to slash his spine open from behind.

With a sickening crack, the head of the spear sliced past the armor and ribs of the poor fellow, finding its way home in his heart in a manner that was less sweet and endearing, more brutal and actually poking into the vital organ itself.

Not allowing much time to try and dislodge the writhing pegasus, Soul drew the katana and swiped its blade past the skin and bone of her hoof, forcing her to drop the encumbered spear along with the hoof that had been supporting its weight, leaving the attached pegasus to whimper helplessly on the ground before succumbing to his fate. He brought the scabbard around and drove it into her temple, bashing her aside and giving her a serious head injury, just as the next two pounced into action.

Even as he leaped forward into a roll to avoid the sound of parting air and whatever nasty tool of death that followed, the unicorn managed to get caught off guard by a vicious, rib shattering blow from a well swung mace. Though the light armor he wore prevented his ribs from being mauled too much, he now had a fresh set of broken ribs on top of the ones he already acquired moments before. Not only that, but he was also airborne.

He tumbled into the smokey earth and barely managed to come up onto his hooves from his prone state. With a pegasus charging wildly with a dagger in her hooves, and a soldier with the mace that had flung Soul not far behind her, he reached for his now missing katana and bolted off to the side, seizing up halfway from the sudden exertion as his ribs screamed in agony. Incidentally, the pony with the dagger didn't stop in time and tripped over his legs, stumbling forward and trying to keep herself from falling over when something hit her head.

A lone scabbard.

Unable to avoid falling now, she twisted her body around so that her back wouldn't be exposed, just in time to see the sword impale her eye and nail her head partially to the ground as she fell back.

Soul quickly rolled over and onto his hooves, narrowly avoiding the mace that tenderized the dirt where the unicorn had just been. He steeled himself and drew his stilettos, rushing the mace-swinging pegasus and slamming both tips of his pointed daggers into the solider's throat, piercing the spinal cord and corroding it as the enchantment worked its magic, killing him before he even hit the ground.

Dislodging the crimson stained stilettos, he whipped around in anticipation of the next two, thrusting out one of the armor piercing tools just in time to catch a mare in mid-swing...with his katana. The single spike slid through her armor like butter and punctured her right lung as the corrosive magic imbued upon the blade ate ravenously through the metal, flesh and hardened bone. The flying pony that had snuck out of Soul's line of sight took this opportunity to swing around and clean the assassin's clean with a rather violent right hook, the plated hook putting a nice crack in Soul's jaw and throwing the stallion into the ground, causing the stiletto to be dislodged unceremoniously as he hung onto it, leaving the mare who had tried to kill him with his own katana to drop to her knees, coughing and drowning slowly in the blood pooling quickly in her necrosis-inflicted lung.

She zeroed in on him, getting read to unleash a flurry of punches, when the cloaked figure threw one of his stilettos at her, lodging it into her brain as it hilted itself into her forehead. The pegasus dropped to the ground, twitching for a few moments as the corrosion tore her brain asunder, after which she did not move again...

Quickly retrieving his blade, scabbard, and stiletto in a serious of rolls and tumbles, Soul came face to face with the last of the pegasi. But as the last pegasus began to draw his greatsword from his back, the telltale whistling of artillery grew quickly from a whisper to a piercing shriek as the cannonball threw itself against what little grass remained behind the pegasus, exploding with a deafening roar and and carrying the unicorn off his hooves and throwing him through the air. His eyes fluttered, his vision cleared. His whole body was sore, but it appeared he was still alive. As the smoke and clouds of dirt began to rolls over him, he cloaked himself with what little strength he had left and began inching his way towards the front line, pulling a spare healing potion from his and popping the cork, nursing on it as he limped towards the gates of New Ponyville.

Lightning Dust felt sweat on her face, she had never fought something like the abomination she was facing now. It attacked with strength, anger and combat strength of a thousand troops, and it was always on it’s guard. The mixed coloured eyes also didn’t help her, it felt like she was fighting two ponies, not one. She raised her blade, blocking another vicious attack from Noctrina.

“You’re not going to get through to me that way, you monster!” She cried out, swinging only for Noctrina’s claws to block it. She swung again, and again, a clash of steel and flutter of wings as the Pegasi danced in the sky. The frown on Lightning’s face was not shared by her opponent. Noctrina had a huge grin, this battle was everything the mare had lived for.

“Watch me!” She launched herself forwards, her claws clashing hard against Lightning’s blade, and the pair locked eyes. Lightning felt herself freeze slightly, in the red eye, she could see so much anger, so much hatred and evil and all for nothing. Deep down in her heart, it scared her, that something could become that twisted that it felt like that. But, she saw in the other eye, peace, regret. She didn’t know why she felt they were different, but those are the emotions that they reminded her off, and for a mili-second, she lowered her guard. That mili-second was all the break Noctrina needed. In a second, her shield broke past Lighting’s blade, and the claws shut tight with a sickening crack. Lightning realized it hadn’t gone for her next, but something more valuable, her wings!

Lightning let out a cry of pain as her left wing was completely shattered, bone and muscle into pieces from Noctrina’s shield. Noctrina left forwards, pushing Lightning faster and to the ground before another crunch, where Lightning felt her other wing and part of her spine being destroyed, and looking up at the mare responsible. She felt regret in her heart, she was too weak, she’d failed and worse of all, she’d die here, with Skyfire so close, yet never further away.

Noctrina opened up her shield, placing the hidden blade against Lightning’s eye, and looking over at Skyfire. The mare had seen the whole thing, and Noctrina wanted a little more fun.

“Don’t think about it, one wrong move and Lightning is no more…You know, I’m impressed. You single hoofingly took out 8 of my best Pegasi warriors, by yourself. You show potential, that is being wasted with Earthborn, but then again, I don’t care about the war too much. Just a shame that Lightning here is going to die, and you, little pony, can’t do anything to stop it” All the while, Noctrina was smirking, few victories tasted this good, and this was one she wanted to milk for all it was worth.

Skyfire hadn’t moved, she couldn’t. Lightning may have been a plaything for her, but Lightning was one of the few ponies she wanted to keep. More than just a plaything, and her current wounds would make it impossible to make a dash for it. While normally she’d do it, she couldn’t! She didn’t want Lightning to die. “Please, just…just let me say goodbye, at least..please?” asked Skyfire, if she was truly going to lose her, she wanted to at least give Lightning a change.

Noctrina was tempted so reject the mare, but she looked at it and the sorry sight. The mare was bleeding heavily, with obvious wounds all over her body. She nodded her head. “Yeah, one last one, quick!” she replied, receiving a frown from Noctrina, she hadn’t said that! In moments, she released it had been Midnight, while she didn’t approve, she didn’t question her on it.

Skyfire walked over to Lightning, leaning down to the mare. She looked into the Pegasus’s eyes, and could see the fear in her eyes of dying. “Lightning…Do you love me?” Skyfire hoped, with all her heart that she got she answer that wanted. If Lightning did, they maybe, just maybe she’d be able to save the mares life.

Lightning looked up into Skyfire’s eye, the question confusing the mare. At truth, what had first gotten Lightning’s attention of Skyfire had been her impressive combat record. But, after she’d spent time with the mare, her unique attitude had gotten her attention and then, after weeks of endless flirting, the mare had gotten into Lightning. Lightning smiled, knowing that this was her death. “Yes…I do”

“Awwww, isn’t that cute? The mare gets to say her last ‘I love you’ before one of them dies and other lives the rest of their life remembering what they died like, screaming like a little foal!” Noctrina raised her blade slightly before planning to plunge it into Lightning’s eye, but Skyfire was there and Noctrina’a hidden blade went through Skyfire’s stomach instead, getting a gasp of surprise from Noctrina. Was the mare crazy?!

Skyfire felt the blade sink into her stomach, but that was the least of her worries. All she wanted to do was protect Lightning, and let out of a groan. She reached forwards and head-butted Noctrina, hard. She did it again, and again, and again, until finally Skyfire smashed against the ground, the world around her cold as blood started leaking out of the gab in the mares stomach. However, lying on the ground, she felt something warm in her heart, and a small smirk as she knew that regardless she’d be fine as the gap in her stomach slowly started to pull itself together, something that should be physically impossible for a pony to accomplish.

Noctrina was in shock, her head was spinning, gripping it and she tried to focus. She’d barely managed to stay in the term around her. She knew it would be pointless trying to get Midnight to help her, the mare in her head wasn’t strong, and she couldn’t feel her anymore, the mare in her head could only take to much physical trauma before she went down. Noctrina wasn’t out of it yet, and all she needed to do was get Lightning finished off, and then escape. She was not going to get taken out like that.

Up in the sky, Accipiter looked down into the battlefield. He could see it, Noctrina had won!? He gaze a disapproving stare, if she managed to be recorded as the pony that takes Lightning out, She’d been Rainbows Right hoof! That creature, that killed not out of loyalty but for fun, would not take his Prize! For years, He’d been there, helping Rainbow, guiding her, doing everything for her. He was not about to let some kid take his place! He raised his spear, throwing it straight at Lightning. It was his kill, and nothing would take it from him, nothing.

Noctrina glanced up, seeing something flying towards Lightning! Lightning was her kill, and she had no doubt it was Accipiter, trying to steal her prize! She refused to let that happen, leaping forwards to block the spear, but she mistimed it, and instead of the shield taking the blow, it speared Noctrina’s shoulder, her left one. The mare cried out in pain, she’d never been hit like that before, and felt a small dose of lightning run though her arm and she clutched at it, searing with anger as the pain started to overrun her already weakened mind. She looked at Lightning, so close and still on the ground, defenceless. She limped forwards, and swung her blade, but felt herself crash, not knowing where if she’d hit her target, or missed entirely.

Lightning felt the blade enter her left leg, but it had missed her neck, she lived! Though she wanted to move and see if Skyfire was ok, the mare had taken a blade in the stomach for her! But, before she could move, she saw several Diamond Dogs seemingly pop out of the ground, looking around before grabbing the limp bodies of both Skyfire and Noctrina. Lighting wanted to try protest, but she felt too weak.

Up in the Sky, on the cloud where Accipiter was hiding, several pairs of eyes had been waiting, watching him since he landed there. From behind, Griffons flew towards them, armed with spears and obviously wearing Whitegold uniforms. The first Pegasus to noticed cried out, right at the spear found its way into his throat, and majority of Accipiter’s escorts suffered the same fate. However, by the time it would have taken for Accipiter to turn, a Griffon had body-slammed into the Pegasus, crashing him into the ground next to Noctrina, the blow knocking him unconscious.

The Griffon looked up to see another unicorn limping slowly away, obviously in pain. With the element of surprise, Soul had no chance to even turn around before the Griffon smashed into him, and with a crushing blow to his head, Soul hit the ground with lights out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topaz walked on the Battfield, everything had taken a turn for the worst. M&S where being overrun in overwhelming field of fire from Earthborn, and a huge number of their forces lay dead. Another victory for Earthborn, but Topaz was more interested in the pony she could see lying on the ground. A knight of Luna, if the mare recalled correctly, and his injuries looked bad, then she looked at the Earthborn Juganaunt that had turned into a crisp, and the mare had to admit, that was impressive. She nodded to her Diamond Dog companions. “Take the Knight, given what this battlefield looks like, he’ll do nicely. Besides, I was promised a bonus for Knights” The dogs picked up the knight, and within moments, they were underground once again.

--------------------------

In New Ponyville, a Diamond Dog spotted a single mare by herself, wearing a creepy mask. Intereted, he walked over, before being mullered by the mare. His head missing from his body and Phantasma limped away, another undeserving fool of the Laughing Mares glorious Afterlife. However, she was injured herself and knew that maybe, she’d be taken away too. Maybe the Laughing Mare would…

That was as far as her train of thought went, because in her thoughts, she hadn’t noticed the Diamond Dogs hanging from the roofs above her, not many ponies would have. They dropped down, and with a heavy blow into the mares back, crippled her enough for one to pull the mask off, and the other to smash her face in with a club. The dogs nodded at eachother, keeping her mask in hand and going underground, the only thing on their mind was how much they’d get paid for a pony like her.

The battle raged above their heads, but nothing of that matters as Griffons, Diamond Dogs and leading the team, Topaz. The mare had a huge grin on her face as they took the hidden tunnels, away from the current war, headed south. Her catch this time had been smaller than usual, but given what she had captured, she had little doubt that she would, once again, be rewarded by her true master.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After hours of marching, they finally reached the coastline. The Diamond Dogs and Griffons tossed the captured ponies into cells, small and enough room for 2. Precations were taken, naturally. Unicorn magic was useless on the ship, a special spell that rendered all unicorn magic redundant. They seemingly left Earth Ponies and Pegasi alone, mostly for Earth Ponies didn’t possess the strength to kick down Magically enchanted steel doors, and Pegasi were useless with their lack of physical strength.

The boat set sail, leaving the land of Equestria, with only the crew knowing their location. And their forced guests forced to stay along for the ride.

In the first Cell, Skyfire had been thrown into a cell, quickly followed by Phantasma. A cell Close-by Eclipse was in a cell with Noctrina. Mid-way down the ship them sat Obsidian, roomed with Soul. And directly across from them, Shadles was roomed with Accipiter.

Obsidian awoke, his eyes opening slowly, he cringed as he felt a pain in his head. He looked around the cell, his vision slowly returning to him, as his eyes adjusted to the darkness, he spotted Soul, still yet to awaken, and slowly trotted over. He nudged the stallion with his hoof, "Hey, hey you wake up, you need to wake up so we can get out of here!"

Skyfire regained consciousness and immediately open her eyes, but didn't move beyond that. She scanned her eyes about the room she was in, then slowly sat up. It was dark in the cell, but not so dark that a pony wouldn't be able to see. Her vision in the dark was much better than most, but all it did in this situation was allow her to see the dirty corners of the cell and see the filth accumulated there. She also saw another pony in the cell with her.

Turning her attention to herself, she glanced down at her chest and placed a hoof over where the blade had made it's fatal wound. There was not even a scar remaining. Sky let out a smug sounding chuckle as she checked the rest of her now naked body. She had a few scrapes, cut and bruises, but her major wounds had healed nicely, even the ones from her earlier scrap with those pegasi guards.

She stood and stretched, unfurling her wings in the small confined space as far as she could, then glanced again at the other occupant. She too was naked, since the diamond dogs had taken all of their belongings before throwing them in the cells. She knew it was Diamond Dogs, because she'd still had some small amount of awareness as she and that other pony had been dragged down into a whole in the ground by large furry paws. She'd also slowly faded in and out of consciousness as they'd dragged her through the tunnels along with some other ponies she couldn't identify, until she'd finally succumbed to her injuries and fallen into a deep sleep.

However, she thought she might have seen this pony before, possibly a member of the earthborn forces, though she couldn't be sure. Taking a closer look at the mare, she noticed that she had some rather grievous injuries, one of which seemed to have been very recently closed using something very hot. It must have hurt allot, which caused a small twitch in one of Sky's back legs, as well as a slight smile on her lips.

Sky called out to her in a hushed voice. " Hey you, pinkish earth pony....you dead? Because it'll be way easier to fashion a weapon from your bones if you are. "

Phantasma's entire body burned like she had just been dragged through a furnace. And Gwah! Her face! The mare's muzzle was sore and tender from where the club strike had landed.The smell of dried blood fill her nostrils with each breath. Now that she though about it, that analogy was pretty close to the truth. The mare had no idea where she was, but she remembered perfectly who probably brought her here. Diamond Dogs. She clearly remembered the mutts jumping her and taking advantage of her injured state. At least she was able to kill one of the hounds and send their souls to oblivion before they took her. But why did they take her?

That didn't matter at the moment. The mare tried to assess as much as she could while pretending to be to remain unconscious. The unsteady feeling of the surface beneath her left her know that what she was in, wasn't on solid earth. So she was either on an air ship or a boat. Either way it meant she was a prisoner. And that thought infuriate, almost as much as the fact that her mask and tuxedo had been stolen. She could also heard breathing and movement, so she wasn't alone.

When the mare called out to her, her ears twitched and her muscles tensed. Phantasma's amber eye shot open and focused on Skyfire's. Her predatory gaze lock with the gaze of the other mare for a moment before Phantasma stood up. She noticed that her chest and back hoof had been tended too, courtesy of her new suitors.

Scoffing at the mare's comment as she leaned against the cage for support. "Sorry, but I'll be retaining use of the individual pieces of my skeleton. I'll need my full mobility for when I tear the throats out of the mutts who brought me here."

Accipiter woke up panting, the feathers of his wings matted together with sweat. What had happened? He remembered throwing his spear, he remembered the surprise of the griffon ambush, but then there was nothing. There had been no heroic swordplay, no last ditch stands. The bruising on his side told all, sending a twinge of pain through his system as he sat up. He had been taken down with no effort at all, knocked from the sky with a simple tackle. With another push he rose onto his hooves, feeling the overwhelming need to stretch out his legs.

He began to pace backwards and forwards, his hooves clopping on the hard floor, as he processed the enormity of the situation. He had been taken alive. The ultimate shame for an officer. If he ever made his way back to Stormwing, back to Rainbow, she would have him executed on suspicion of treason. His entire life was gone... and it was all Noctrina's fault. That freak was the only reason he had been there, she had brought him to New Ponyville. She had forced him to withdraw to the clouds. She had left him with naught but five ponies for a guard. If he ever got out of there, she would pay.

That wasn't important now though. That wasn't going to see him survive his tenure in whatever prison this was. Who were his captors? He remembered griffons. Griffons only ever fought on two sides, and as a Stormwing himself, that meant these guys were Whitegolders... but Whitegold hadn't been involved in the battle. It had been a Moon and Star siege on an Earthborn city with Stormwing raining pain on both parties. Whitegold never even entered into the equation... yet the more he thought, the more he swore glimpsing Whitegold uniforms. Whitegold were also the sort to take prisoners, especially officers.

He was suddenly acutely aware he wasn't alone and froze in his tracks. Odd to lump such an important prisoner in a cell with another pony, perhaps there were a lot of prisoners. He looked over the young brown unicorn with a frown. Stood to reason this pony was Moon and Star, if the griffons were Whitegold. At least he had the advantage of being the first awake. In these cramped conditions the unicorn had all the advantage if it came to blows, there was nowhere for Accipiter to maneuver. The thought of choking the pony in his sleep came, but then went just as quickly. They were both in the same boat, maybe he would prove a useful ally, besides Accipiter had served with the military long enough to tell a rookie at a glance, and this pony was green as grass. Accipiter cleared his throat. "Soldier! Report!" he barked, hoping his training would kick in.

Soul slowly opened his eyes, blinking the blurred image from his eyes, awakening to a dank cell, and another pony, nudging him to get up.

...He had been captured.

He cursed silently, the cloaking magic he had used must've been weak if whatever it him saw through it. Nonetheless, the unicorn shifted onto his haunches, cringing rather hard and slumping back against the wall. It appears that not all of his wounds had fully healed, and his head ached like hell.

"...Great."

He caught the other fellow as he stumbled, this one definitely wasn't one of his mercs, so he assumed he belonged to Moon and Star, best not to give away too much info. "Easy there friend, no sense getting too active, we're not going anywhere fast."

Eclipse awoke with a gasp. The stallion's head was pounding as if he had consumed his body weight in alcohol. Luna what happened?!

He reached out to grab his sword and shield, immediately noticing that they weren't there. The stallion's purple shot open in alarm, quickly bringing the fact that his shield and his swords were no where near him. The floor he was on was cold as ice, but wasn't he on the battlefield at New Ponyville? It shouldn't be cold in Ponyville. His eyes began to gain focus as he ran his hooves down his body to check himself for injury. The moment Eclipse's hooves got midway down his stomach, he winced in pain and retracted his hoof. Peeking down, he saw his bandaged mid-section.

That Juggernaut... That explains the injury, but why am I here?

As he continued to search the small caged in space, he noticed another form in the room, a pegasus mare. Might be one of Moon and Star's slaves... Hoping to find an ally in the mare, he walked over to her body and gently nudged her with his nose. "C'mon, up and at 'em soldier!" Eclipse commanded.

Sky let out a chuckle before responding. " Yeeaaah, we gotta figure out a way out of here. Say, don't I know you from someplace? Did we, you know... " She clopped her front two hooves together twice and whistled a high note then a lower note.

Phantasma was taken wholly by surprise. The mare's comment was a strange, refreshing kind of bold and lewd, providing a much needed laugh. The Laughing Mare must have sent this mare from the great beyond to keep her spirits up as she overcame her current predicament.

Her eyes narrowed on Sky for a moment as she pretended to examine her. "I don't see any bleeding teeth marks at the base of your neck and there is no musky stank in the air, so I doubt we summoned the beast with two backs. Plus, I know very few pegasi, all of whom are currently dead."

Shadles felt himself on something hard, letting out a slight groan. Last he remember...the bodies! The hallway with his allies dead bodies in it, then...nothing. A shark stinging pain on his head reminded him of the brute force that had gotten to him. He didn't move, his body feeling too weak for the unicorn to do anything, so instead he let his mind wander what had hit him? Before he dwelled on it too much, he heard somepony shouting at him.

"Soldier! Report!"

At the loud yell, Shadles shot up and looked around properly. He was in a...cell? He looked for the pony that had spoken, and it didn't take him long to see a Pegasus looking at him. A slight frown came on his face, he didn't remember that many Pegasi who were in Whitegold's forces, then again, he hadn't really noticed who was in it with him.

"I...ummm, well...Wait...Report?" Shadles stopped himself, what was he meant to report on? He'd just got up? Maybe he wanted to know what happened before he entered the cell? Still, he didn't like his cell-mate, probably because of the orders. Shadles had hated his instructor at basic, and he felt the same aura around the pegasus."Well, i was in the caves, and i saw a ton of our troops, and well..that's all i remember. Have you seen Captain Obsidian yet?"

The unicorn wanted to find Obsidian, he'd been the one who had looked after him, believed him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Midnight felt a pounding in her head, and gasped at the pain. She was normally never in charge of their body, after all, Noctrina was more confident and a fighter, while she couldn't fight. Still, the fact she was scared her. All she could remember was the spear, and shifting Noctrina's pain to her to protect her only friend. After that, just back.

Midnight tried to talk to her, calling out in her mind but nothing, there was no reply, Noctrina had vanished, serving to scare Midnight more. She was truly on her own, even temporarily.

That's when she felt something poking at her, and a pony speaking to her to get up. The mare quickly moved, her bat wings flaring out and flapping, and failing to move her, but she was on her hooves and looked over at the unicorn that had awoken her. Her eyes both still visible, her left eye an almost glowing blue, while her red looked almost like a dormant ruby.

The second her left forleg touched the ground to hold her, she cried out in pain and fell to the ground, clutching it. It clicked in her mind, the spear! It had hit her shoulder, and must still be injured. She looked up at the unicorn, and moving away from him out of fear. She'd watched Noctrina murder pony after pony, the things she did to them flashed in her eyes, and naked fear in her eyes that this unicorn might do it to her!

"Please...d-don't kill me.." she said, it coming out almost as a whisper, probably not audible for the unicorn in her cell. She'd never fought in her life with Noctrina, Noctrina did everything, she was mind over matter, and in a cell with a unicorn that was surely an enemy, a Moon and Star warrior, she was as good as dead.

Archived