Hi

Bladerock

Hello, i have been lurking for a while now. decided to take the plunge and make an account. You don't know the kind of courage i had to gather up for this.

My primary interest is roleplaying, but i have little experience in the kind of heavily moderated atmosphere you have here. I'm carefully reading all the stickies i find, but feel free to step on my foot if i am ever out of line. I am the kind of guy who reads about there being a wall, sees a map of where the wall is and then, when i finally find the wall... accidentally walk straight into it.

It's sad.

Regardless, just saying hi before going into my account options to mess around with the settings.

Hope i will.

Hmm... i have to post multiple times on the introduction board before i can post anywhere else. I'm going to guess that's a test to keep insane people out. By the way, i am NOT insane, and that is the honest truth. You can't prove different, you have no access to my medical records! ;P

Or maybe it is to see if people are tenacious enough to bother with replying to "hi's" with "hi's" of their own in an endless cycle of madness. Hmmm.... *ponders*

Well, may as well make it a productive set of posts. Questions, away:

1. How do the locations work? do you have to rp traveling between them? or is it just a way to keep things organized? Edit: answered by the stickies.

2. allowing for people to roleplay important characters is the weirdest thing ever. I know it isn't a question, but i had to comment on it.

3. On the application forms is the [updated] tag used while the [wip] tag is present? or are they separate tags? should the [updated] tag include the date it was updated in? i don't see any characters with the updated tag, so there is no reference.

Gonna go read more.

Edit: kinda wish the banner would take me to the board index instead of the main page...

Welcome to our wonder and loving forum that is Canterlot!

My name is PaintedWings BlindJester I will be your new buddy here on these forums!

I have two standard questions I like to ask every new Brony!

1. Do you RP?

2. Do you plan to participate in our wonderful RP forum?

If the answer is yes, I can't wait to see you around on the RP forums

If it's a no, that's okay we have plenty of wonderful topics and forums to satisfy you pony need!(DO NOT WORRY WE WILL NOT FORCE YOU INTO RPS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO IT'S JUST A QUESTION NOT A STATEMENT :) )

You should check out the rules and see how this forum works! You also need 5 posts here before you can go elsewhere this gives you the opportunity to greet all our other new bronies.Don't be afraid to ask our great staff any questions you may have anyway welcome to the herd and I hope you enjoy your stay. Also we do have a client chat you should join there! We have RP rooms too!

:P

Yes, i do plan to participate on the RP's. The main reason i stopped stalking, manned up and made an account.

I have some previous freeform rp experience, but the overall atmosphere was more lax. Meaning that i have no idea as to how well i will transition. I primarily pen&paper, but as i have learned over time, experience gathered on that field is useless in freeform roleplaying.

As a note, i am not a native english speaker, and although i take great pride in my above average mastery of the language, i do tend to type gibberish every once in a while. You guys let me know if i am not clear on something i posted.

As a note, i am not a native english speaker, and although i take great pride in my above average mastery of the language, i do tend to type gibberish every once in a while. You guys let me know if i am not clear on something i posted.

Dont worry here, english is not my native too so my grammar is not very good but forum members trying to help me with this :).

No offense Jester, but you really shouldn't use the same post in every intro thread when the person has clearly stated that they are interested in the RP.

Anyways, welcome to Canterlot Bladerock!

Hello, i have been lurking for a while now. decided to take the plunge and make an account. You don't know the kind of courage i had to gather up for this.

Trust me, I know that feeling, as do many others here. Hopefully you'll love this place as much as the rest of us ^^

Hmm... i have to post multiple times on the introduction board before i can post anywhere else. I'm going to guess that's a test to keep insane people out

It's mostly to keep out spam bots :) Feel free to go introduce yourself to the other newbies to get your 5 posts.

By the way, i am NOT insane, and that is the honest truth. You can't prove different, you have no access to my medical records! ;P

That's what you think! Muhahahahaha!

Well, may as well make it a productive set of posts. Questions, away:

1. How do the locations work? do you have to rp traveling between them? or is it just a way to keep things organized? Edit: answered by the stickies.

2. allowing for people to roleplay important characters is the weirdest thing ever. I know it isn't a question, but i had to comment on it.

3. On the application forms is the [updated] tag used while the [wip] tag is present? or are they separate tags? should the [updated] tag include the date it was updated in? i don't see any characters with the updated tag, so there is no reference.

1. Locations are mostly for organisation. You wanna move somewhere? You're there. RPs aren't always in chronological order, so if your characters says that they recently went to Canterlot, you can then start an RP about what happened. Just don't cause any time paradoxes!

2. What do you mean? The cast characters?

3. I don't usually see updated tags, we generally just bump an app when it's been updated and remove the WIP tag when it's done.

Hope that helps ^^

Dont worry here, english is not my native too so my grammar is not very good but forum members trying to help me with this :).

Cool, we can speak gibberish together and make people scratch their heads!

No offense Jester, but you really shouldn't use the same post in every intro thread when the person has clearly stated that they are interested in the RP.

It happens, staff members always have a full plate and they can't always read through a post that clearly isn't breaking any rules. I have come to see that kind of post as a compliment, as it means i haven't done anything wrong to attract their attention.

Thanks for the answers, and yes, i do mean the cast characters. it's just... weird.

It's mostly to keep out spam bots :P Feel free to go introduce yourself to the other newbies to get your 5 posts.

What? newbs anonymous? hello, i'm bladerock and i'm a newb too! XD i dunno, i have a mild personal taboo against welcoming people when i'm not a native. Feels weird...

I'll try not to but I like to ask anyway.

I like asking questions that have been answered too! :D we are going to be best of friends!

I'll try not to but I like to ask anyway.

Alright, no problem. Sorry. ^^:

Thanks for the answers, and yes, i do mean the cast characters. it's just... weird.

I don't really see why. Some people want to RP as the mane cast members, others want to have their characters interact with the cast. We don't have game masters running npcs here, and we can't really leave out the cast since they are a big part of the show. Ponyville needs Twilight and Dash and the other ponies :)

What? newbs anonymous? hello, i'm bladerock and i'm a newb too! XD i dunno, i have a mild personal taboo against welcoming people when i'm not a native. Feels weird...

Hehe, alright, fair enough.

-brohoofs BlindJester-

Well, Diego Havoc, it has to do with my background. i have never RP'ed in a board where the show's cast existed. it's usually assumed that they are elsewhere doing more important things or, in cases like this, their home town is not available for roleplaying on.

It's just what i'm used to, is all.

Also, everyone knows me a little better because i kept posting on the same thread. if i had simply ran off and said "hi" to five other new guys, well... i would be very lonely.

Or maybe it's just me being egocentric? Nah, can't be...