humanistic touches?

Sailu

So this is going to be my Second actual post of something pony so bare with me as I flesh it out.

So things I and most of all of you by now is the fact that there are human elements at play here like AJ's football, coffee, glue, and even the constriction of houses and furnishings for a homily type feel to it all how did they come about this did some type of human run in inspire the things we see inverse or not

There is a somewhat dark theory that MLP takes place on earth "after the end" so basically they found human artifacts and are using and adapting them over time.

Another theory is that the "human" elements were taken from the griffens, who have more human claws

As for things like housing, food, etc that's not strictly "human" it's just standard evolution, We can see it in our world in some species like birds who started out on the ground, then moved to living in trees, then to building nests, and over time some of the nests have gotten more and more complex.

I wish they put more effort into making devices and furniture designed for hooved quadrapeds. One of my favorite images was is this one:

90511__safe_applejack_mirror_loose-hair_artist-latecustomer.jpg

Here Applejack is using a brush, but it is a brush designed for a pony's anatomy in mind. On the show she see human designed brushes, which is fine if you are a unicorn (and I never seen anyone use them but unicorns), but not if you are any other type of pony.

The hammers especially drive me crazy in this regard because it would be so difficult and rather jarring for earth ponies and pegasai to use them and it would be easy to use a design similar to what is pictured above for a hammer (although I have seen ponies just use their hooves to finiah nailing something, which works).

I do like the theory that the Equestrian world is our world after humanity was lost and so force, some divine nature, decided to give the Earth a second chance by bringing back magic and elevating ponies (and other species) to sentience.

"I do like the theory that the Equestrian world is our world after humanity was lost and so force, some divine nature, decided to give the Earth a second chance by bringing back magic and elevating ponies (and other species) to sentience."

Got an idea for a fanfic now!

As for the human touches, ponies themselves have human thoughts, language, feelings, and mannerisms, so why not have human things? I would think that ponies evolved after gaining their human qualities just as human did starting with making simple tools and being nomadic to settling and creating towns and cities and new innovations.

I wish they put more effort into making devices and furniture designed for hooved quadrapeds. One of my favorite images was is this one:

-snip-

Here Applejack is using a brush, but it is a brush designed for a pony's anatomy in mind. On the show she see human designed brushes, which is fine if you are a unicorn (and I never seen anyone use them but unicorns), but not if you are any other type of pony.

The hammers especially drive me crazy in this regard because it would be so difficult and rather jarring for earth ponies and pegasai to use them and it would be easy to use a design similar to what is pictured above for a hammer (although I have seen ponies just use their hooves to finiah nailing something, which works).

Some of it is obviously 'rule of funny' simply because it makes an amusing scene to make the ponies try to use these items, another is the fact that the writers cant decide how hooves work, in some episodes they're able to hold things in their hooves same as a human wearing mittens would, but in others they cant. Lastly, in some cases especially, this is to make it more obvious what the item is - especially in a kiddy show (though I think there would be plenty cases where an item adapted to equines might puzzle adult viewers if the item's not shown in-use)

Also we have occasionally seen non-unicorns using combs and brushes, but it was only on the lower part of their mane - there is no logical way for then to reach above their shoulder with them (well, maybe pegasai could use their wings, since we saw in RiaW that their 'feathers' are actually filled with bones and muscles so they're basically a pair of proto-hands)

Archived