Parent Teacher Conference with Cheerilee

The title doesn't do the RP idea justice; it is more accurately "The Parent or Guardian Student Teacher Conference with Cheerilee", but that would be pretty long as a title. :blush: Here is how it would work: It is that time of the school year again, springtime, that final stretch before the students finish for the summer. Some will move on from Ponyville's primary school, some will be back next year as they haven't reached the age to graduate (and a few come back because they haven't mastered the curriculum enough to graduate even though they are old enough). The best time to bring in each student and their guardian to review how they are doing, and where they need help in, educationally and socially, and perhaps even recommend where they go from here when they graduate. It's Cheerilee's greatest hope that all her students are helped in every way in their education and encouraged to follow wherever their destinies may lead them. :)

For the thread I want to make it as much about the student as possible, as well as easiest as possible to participate; in that regard:

• The guardian can be a parent, an older relative (such as Rarity is to Sweetie Belle), or some other caretaker as long as they are an adult.
  • It is best if two different people play the student and guardian, but it isn't required; I can role with the same RPer playing both.
  • The RPer who plays the student decides how the student is doing in school and where their talents and problems lie. All I need ahead of time is for the RPer to PM me beforehand the information about the student so Cheerilee can be informed during the RP:
    • How the student is doing overall ('A' student, 'C' student, etc)
    • What is their best and worst subject
    • Are they disruptive, often late, talkative in class, too shy, etc. Basically any social issues or shortcomings.
    • How they are doing socially in school (bully, being bullied, struggle to make friends, etc)
    • Any special talent or skill they excel at or are showing signs towards

The best is a student with both positive and negative traits, in short, a rounded character, as hopefully this little RP will help your character grow in their story a little. :)

To do this though, it be one guardian/student in the RP at a time. When the first pair is done, I will PM the next peeps who sign up to join the thread to come on in. This way we don't have a bunch of people in the RP forced to sit around and wait while the previous student/guardian is talking to Cheerilee (but hey, if you all do a separate thread on your own with students on their best behavior and all sweating and nervous. Parents/Guardians having that awkwardness of talking about your kids and not sure what else to talk about. Be my guest!)

Any and all who are interested, please sign up and let me know here. Remember to ask someone who plays your guardian (if not you all) if they want to participate!

*Update*

Student List:

1. Haywire and Haymaker - Done
  2. Diamond Tiara and Filthy Rich - Done
  3. Applebloom and Applejack - Done
  4. Sweetie Belle and Rarity - Will be in seperate FFA thread as Bramble in no longer Sweetie in WoE.
  5. Silver Spoon or Winter Dazzle and Dazzle's grandparent - Suspended for later time pending player return.
  6. Ruby Pinch with Berry Punch - Current
  7. Guiding Light with parent
  8. Bebop and Harmonic Dissonance
  9. Timid Star with Sunrise or Silverbolt

The actual RP Thread - Saturday School Day Special

I'm all for this, BBB!

And course, it'll be Haywire!

And her older sister Haymaker will be the Guardian.

Looking forward to this one!

:D:D:D

Cool, thanks for the interest folks! Of course it will be one student/guardian at a time.

Talked to Bramble and he said that Sweetie belle would be a part of this; I'll get him to post here to double-confirm it. :unsure:

<3 Alison, any guardian is good: Parent, older sibling (needs to be an adult), grandparent, aunt/uncle, caretaker.

The order thus far would be:

1. Haywire and Haymaker
  2. Diamond Tiara and Filthy Rich
  3. Applebloom and Applejack
  4. Sweetie Belle and Rarity
  5. Silver Spoon or Winter Dazzle and Dazzle's grandparent

Unless someone wants to swap order, that is all up to you.

Remember, this thread is really about the student. Cheerilee's purpose in this thread is to help facilitate growing your foal character a little, to help develop them as an RP character. :)

Hmm...

I could put Guiding Light into this with the stipulation that I'd need to basically NPC his parents (I haven't made them a character but referenced them in Guiding's App.)

Unfortunately not knowing Scootaloo's parent status (although I RP her like she at least has one) she might be the best option for this RP.

Updated list:

1. Haywire and Haymaker
  2. Diamond Tiara and Filthy Rich
  3. Applebloom and Applejack
  4. Sweetie Belle and Rarity
  5. Silver Spoon or Winter Dazzle and Dazzle's grandparent
  6. Ruby Pinch with Berry Punch
  7. Guiding Light with parent

I should have the OP for the thread up either Thursday or Friday. As haywire as the first student, I will need her information 9as shown in the OP here) before I can begin so to help shape Cheerilee's initial thoughts. Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...

is it too late to volunteer? If not I'd like to volunteer my filly bebop slide and her aunt Harmonic dissonance

Not at all, although you would be last unless you trade a spot with someone, which is also perfectly fine.

• 7 months later...

Archived