• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always loved plain old coca cola. especially when I could get it in the bottle. to bad they don't make those as readily available as they used to.

true, the cola bottles are far better then the can ones. im always afraid of cutting myself on the can :o

as for the availability, isn't it more a choice of store you buy it at? -here it is more a choice then a search in most stores-

You know, I really have to disagree with that. :blush:

I find soda, and especially Coke is much better canned than bottled. The taste is just kind of off with a bottle, perhaps because light can get through the clear material and affect it chemically somehow (though that's really just speculation). Not to mention the metal of cans just stay colder and longer than plastic does. Everything just tastes a little crisper and more refreshing out of the can. Oh, and it also seems to retain the carbonation better. Bottled Coke can kind of quickly become sort of flat or syrupy tasting.

My mistake. When I said bottle, I meant glass bottle. Those are harder to come by now. I know you can get the plastic bottle ones in just about any store, but the glass bottle cokes (when you can find them and open them up cold) taste fantastic.

oh yea the glass ones are extremely hard to get...

the way id see it is buy a plastic, and save the glass one, then pour the plastic into the glass bottle...

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to cut back by not having soda in the house period. I found a good replacement those flavored sparkling waters are actually really, really, good. Well, the ones I choose are at least. But, when I am out with friends I always drink Coke/Cherry Coke. And I looooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Stuarts Orange Cream soda. You know what soda I really miss, years back they had that Blue Pepsi stuff. I really miss that stuff. Please don't tell me I am the only person who remembers that stuff.

Tough call, especially since if I drink soda these days I usually restrict myself to diet sodas (I'm not supposed to be having that much sugar). Coke Cherry Zero, Diet Dr. Pepper, or Diet Canada Dry ginger ale are my more usual suspects. If I can get them, Pennsylvania Dutch diet birch beer or (rarely) Stewart's diet root beer.

For rare non-diet treats, Wegmans sells a good blood-orange-flavored soda. And then there's Almond Smash, which as far as I know can't be found very far outside the Baltimore area, and even here you have to catch it at the right stores during the right times. It's hard to get consistently.

• 2 weeks later...

Swamp Water.  It's the mix of all drink options in a restaurant!

You mean a California Sunrise/Sunset, right? (I always mixed it enough to look orangish-purple...)My drink of choice has currently become Coke Zero. It's yummy...like Coke...and no guilt (dieting).