Sports Bronies

Devils2666

Also, I can't post a reply in this thread without mentioning the NFL lockout being lifted. Living in Dallas, you'd think I would be apart of Cowboy nation, but I have always loved the Broncos first. plus, the Cowboys suck and Dallas' fans are the worst fair-weathered fans I have ever met. It looks like Dener is gonna trade Kyle Orton out, so Tim Tebow looks like he's going to be given the starting QB test this year. Can't wait to see how well he does.

Dallas fans expect a Superbowl championship team every year, when they don't get that they become very unsupportive very quickly. As for Tim Tebow, we will have to see, I am not convince he has what it takes to play as a starter in the NFL.

I love Cyclin' (myself, of course). If not that, I have to go jogging at least 3 times a week.

Also, trainin' hard to become a parkour novice. :smug:

Im not an 'in-shape' guy, lol. However, I was glued to my computer during the Tour de France. Always am.

Congrats to Cadel Evans for the tour's first Aussie winner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

continuin on the Nascar vs REAL motorsports(trollface.png) debate, GT5 posted a seasonal event of driving nascar cars on circuits (instead of circles) aaanndd....

GODDAMMIT THOSE CARS ARE AWFUL

IN FACT THEY ARE SO F***ING AWFUL THEY ARE INCREDIBLY FUN TO DRIVE :o:mad:

they really are, the fact that you have to control a truck-weighing thing at over 250 km/h (dont ask me to convert that to miles) with the torque of a superGT or similar is quite a challenge, a good one, point is, NASCRAP has the potential to actually be fun, only if they realize that keeping the steering wheel at the exact same angle for 4+ hours is no big deal.

The lack of hockey love in this thread astounds and disgusts this pony. Seriously, it's full contact, high speed, fighting enabled epicness; what's not to love? :grin:

Fighting enabled, perhaps? I don't have anything against fighting. I can enjoy a boxing match or a UFC match. I just don't like to see people playing a team sport lose control and manage their conflicts by beating each other up. It's unsportsmanlike, and hockey's celebration of it as an element of the game always disappointed me. If it's part of the game, it should be written into the rules.

They do it in any other sport and it's major news, but in hockey, it's okay. IDGI

I'm a swimmer... or was. I used to swim breatstroke for my high school swim team... I went from not swimming at all to the third fastest in my region in two years, then promptly quick because I would be unable to move at the end of the day after four hours of practicing. So yeah... I still swim for fun and do laps for excercise but that's all for me. I used to play soccer when I was younger, for like six years. I was a defender and was the back up goalie for my team (our normal goalie got sick a few times, but he could kick better than me. I could block just as well though.) Seeing as I haven't played since I was 11, I doubt I'll still be any good. I also played little league for about four years, but stopped that at eleven too. I was a terrible right fielder...

• 2 weeks later...

I used to play a bunch of sports back in High School. My favorites were kick ball , Dodge ball and Baseball. I am not so into football but I do have a Football team that I follow. I like the Patriots. I shouldn't like them I know but it's a very long story. Other then that I do a lot of bowling. But, my one true sport always has been and always will be baseball. I EAT SLEEP, and BREATHE baseball.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely love football! I can play, watch, and analyse it for hours. I did, back in the day before ponies. I still try to play it, but it gets hard. At least I still play FIFA 12, so that's kinda still playing it. I do watch it regularly though.

I also like to play volleyball, although it's been some time.

Yeah, I just wasn't so sure when. Could have happened over the weekend for all I know. I'm not to sure how they could make it happen but I will tell you this, something like this is making other race car drivers think about retiring. I really can't say I blame them after something like this.

Passing of Dan Wheldon is sad. And on a much lesser note, I feel that the IRL is done. They had already had a decade of struggles with budgets and lack of fans. But now they have more and more safety issues, Danica Patrick, who is their biggest fan market, is leaving for NASCAR as have several other indycar drivers, and the fact that the 2011 season ended this way makes me think that any start of the 2012 season for indycar is hopeful at best.

I am rather surprised how people keep saying "how can this happen", when the answers are apparent. Racing cars, especially very light weight cars such as formula cars are always vulnerable to these tragedies, there is always that risk when you drive around a track at those speeds against other competitors. Dan Wheldon isn't the first to die in a formula car accident; there were two others in the last decade (still incredibly low considering all the potential risk). Even in NASCAR where vehicles are significantly better designed for safety we had deaths. Its that risk you take when you decide to race at high speeds.