What's all this about ponies?

Fawfulcopter

So I heard there were some ponies happening?

I mean, erm, hello. I am an odd person, but like many of you, I enjoy My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

The Mane 6, in order of how much I like them

Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Twilight Sparkle.

Note that Fluttershy has first place and all the rest are tied for second.

Fanfics I have read(Not enough)

Cupcakes - It was a bit creepy the first time through, and I actually couldn't stomach past the first incision my first reading, but after repeated readings, it's actually kinda funny. Or maybe I'm just nuts. "dweebs dweebs dweebs"

Pony Psychology - One of the greatest fics, I mean seriously.

Progress, Luna versus (The Microwave, Baseball, Lodging and Communication) - Sometimes funny, but the author doesn't know how to write drama very well, as evidenced in Communication.

The Party Never Ended - It's fun, sad, scary and features my favorite ship, Dashpie!

Rarity's New Dress - Obscene? Yes. Grimdark? Yes. Funny as heck when you construe it as an over-the-top Cupcakes parody? Yes. Or, y'know, I'm just nuts.

Ponies play DnD - YAAAY PONIES AND DND and woah Derpy is an epic narrator

Everypony loves Rainbow Dash - I laughed.

As you can see, I haven't read enough MLP:FiM Fanfiction. Recommend me some please.

I also need music recommendations! Preferably music that has lyrics, but as long as it's pony-related, I'm down. Remixes, Mash-Ups, Parodies, Original Songs...

Also, I'm kind of writing 5 different fanfics at once. And did I mention I'm only on chapter one of all of them?

The first story, a slice-of-life thing with Scootaloo and Zecora, has written itself into a corner.

The second one, a crossover between FiM and Xanth, I am probably going to abandon because nobody but me has ever heard of that.

The third one, an alternate dimension fic about a world where Luna never became Nightmare Moon, I'm having trouble starting, but you might be able to look forward to that eventually.

The fourth one, a story that would have a moral if I completed it, is about Zack, the kid of Zecora and Big Mac. Yes, the story would be about discrimination against Zebroids.

Finally, this one is my favorite, and I'm going to have lots of fun with it, is a fic about Celestia passing away(of her own accord, because immortality gets boring after a while) and passing her crown and powers onto Pinkie Pie(Who was randomly selected by the wheel of Day Ponies to be the next Sun Princess). Hilarity ensues. Also it has Ditzy, and a somewhat unique and completely goofy interpretation of her Cutie Mark. But since I'm probably going to actually go through with this one, NO SPOILERS FOR YOU!

Boy, this is a lot for an intro thread, isn't it. I've never liked intro threads because I don't know what to talk about. Honestly, this whole 'You gotta introduce yourself before posting anywhere else' nonsense is quite obnoxious.

Welcome to Canterlot! Hope you will be very active and stay a good long while! :o As always the best place to begin is the Getting Started section, it pretty much answers all the basic questions. Plenty here to do with your fellow fans wither you are into RP or not, and I definately know we have other fanfic writers here as well as a whole writing discussion section where you can chat about fanfics and show your own. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Welcome to Canterlot!

Yes, frequently.

As you can see, I haven't read enough MLP:FiM Fanfiction. Recommend me some please.

You should check out the Favourite Fanfics thread then! Might I recommend Misted Stage?

Finally, this one is my favorite, and I'm going to have lots of fun with it, is a fic about Celestia passing away(of her own accord, because immortality gets boring after a while) and passing her crown and powers onto Pinkie Pie(Who was randomly selected by the wheel of Day Ponies to be the next Sun Princess). Hilarity ensues. Also it has Ditzy, and a somewhat unique and completely goofy interpretation of her Cutie Mark. But since I'm probably going to actually go through with this one, NO SPOILERS FOR YOU!

Oh my, I'm looking forward to this :o

Welcome to Canterlot!

Yes, frequently.

Good, I enjoy such things.

You should check out the Favourite Fanfics thread then! Might I recommend Misted Stage?

I'll check that thread out. Misted Stage, eh? Sounds interesting, I'll give it a shot.

Oh my, I'm looking forward to this :o

Good! You needn't wait too long, as I've sent chapter one to Equestria Daily and before long it could be on the front page! Here's a link if you want to get there quicker...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SZP ... t?hl=en_US

It has PONIES! ~Amazing~, right? I mean, who woulda thought?

Don't worry about the things I left open-ended, those will be adressed later. Unless I forget! This fic is not to be taken seriously, mind you. It's just a goofy fun thing I decided to do.

Sorry to get your hopes up, but she doesn't use her goddess powers for crazy.

...Yet. This story does not follow the path I choose for it. It writes itself.

Also, Sethisto said It's too short for a first chapter(I disagree, I think 1800 words is plenty), so I'm adding onto it. Stuff that I wanted to happen next chapter is happening this chapter! Oh well.

Welcome to Canterlot! Be sure to stop by Getting Started for a whole saddlebag full of goodies and useful information, including free avatars and templates! We hope you enjoy your stay and have a great time!

I've also read most of Xanth. I'm a Piers Anthony fan, one of my favorite series of all time is his Apprentice Adept series. :P