WatchPonies ((WatchDogs RP))

XanXeto

WatchPonies

my-little-pony-mlp-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-%D1%81%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B9-%D1%81%D0%B0%D0%BC-mlp-974207.jpeg

Story

A few years passed since Twilight was crowned as the new princess and she obtained her own castle; Manehattan had bloomed into the technology age rather quickly with the help of a group known as Navik. They had installed the first MTos the first year they came into the city; the center mainframe of everything that ran by technology. This also helped reduce crime that began to pop up in the city and became too much for the police alone. As time continued, more and more MTos' had emerged through the city, controlling and monitoring everything; making sure that everything, in their own words, is safe. Of course, for a handful of ponies, they found this to be a challenge that needed to be accepted, and thus looked towards the one thing that had never been seen before on the outside of Navik; hacking. This first began when a small group within Navik known as DeaSec who split off after they found out a few dark secrets that they didn't like about the current Mayor of Manehattan and the real reason why Navik was formed. DeaSec is now very close to being the largest informational 'Think Tank' group in the entire city.

At one point, information leaked into the public with outside help of an even smaller group of hackers. To the naked eye, it seemed like a bunch of jammed up gibberish, unreadable and confusing. To the elite hackers, it was information that propelled them forward into a new era of technology and ways of hacking. To those select few, the city was now their playground. DeaSec had no issues with this, so longer as they kept getting information from them as well; thus they would reach out and 'help' the hackers in any way they could, for an untold price. As for Navik, they were coming out with new ways to prevent the hackings, but trailing behind until one day, they fortified the MTos stations and upgraded them to scan and search for potential hackers before they even had their devices out. Manehattan unwillingly became a silent, info-structure battleground between the cops, hackers, gangs, and everything else that dwelled within the city.

20140107224212!Manehattan_revealed_S4E08.png

Factions

Hackers - This group holds themselves to having the state-of-the-art security as well as the world's best hacking tools. Most of them will work with their own agendas instead of bending to the will of the people.

Navic - The police group of Manehattan that has made it their job and duty to make the city safe; shutting down the hackers and arresting the gang members.

MTos - The group that monitors all security throughout the entire city. They make sure that the newly emplaced systems works and makes it so that it is unhackable; but they soon find that to be quiet a challenge.

DeaSec - Once apart of Navic, when they realized that the police force was just as bad as some of the gangs out there, if not worst, they broke off and became their own informational fortress. From time to time, they will reach out and seek talented hackers to help them, but in return obtain as much information as they can. To the right pony, it could be a dangerous duo.

Gangs (Of any kind) - Manehattan has recently seen it's fair share of gang-related activity. Ranging from small time thugs to large operations where everypony knows their names and no one will do anything about it. Gangs will always work at some kind of angle to get what they want.

Rules

1. Please follow Canterlot.com's ToS

2. Have respect for one another. Fighting is going to accrue, but only within the rp. I don't want to see anyone bringing down another for no good reason(Nothing is a good reason for doing that) So, respect each other and their ideas. If you have a problem with a fellow rper, just pm me and I'll deal with it.

3. No one liners. I know this is FFA RP section, but please be as creative and detailic as possible. I'm not asking for a novel per post, but give as much as you can.

4. Character Apps can be found in the OOC/Accepted Profiles forum. If you wish to join, or want to make a new character, please fill one out. I'm very lenient on the characters, but this helps me keep track of who's who and what's going on.

5-infinity: Have fun!

-More rules can/will be added if needed, so check back often-

Updates

This section will be where the story hardpoints will be placed. This will be done in order to help everyone keep up with what's going on and get new comers up to speed. (Hopefully)

Xeni was in a unknown hacking location, he called "01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110100" (Translate it in a Binary translator!) He got a call from another fellow DeaSec Member. "Dude, They Caught me! The Cave has been found! They caught me!" The other voice on the line said. "Don't worry Jursal, just where are "They"?" Xeni asked. "A-at the entrance. Th-" BOOM! The connection was lost. He sent a call to a hacker nearest to "The Cave". "The Cave has been found. We need you to go investigate what has happened. If there is any conflict, fight them off. Take a hard drive and connect it to "The Cave's" computer. Meet me at the lighthouse with the Hard Drive." Xeni said as he hung up. "Another attack. ****! To hell with Navic!"

ChAD, as his new partner had now dubbed him, had been sitting quite leisurely in his little home away from civilization. Though it was not quite away from civilization. Far from it actually. He was actually dead in the center of the crossroads where ponies wondered aimlessly to and fro places. Only he was not on the streets themselves. Instead, he was down below, in an abandoned subway junction.

It was a perfect place for the pony, after multiple failed attempts he tapped the water lines to supply himself fresh water. Reworked the electrical wiring to provide himself with an ample and limitless supply of electricity for all of his devices. Large thick metal doors that acted as his front door to his secret layer. And of course the brilliant turning platform that twists the trains around to send them down other tracks. Though, the pony couldn't quite find a use for such a thing just yet, he found it absolutely neat to play with. A large structure sat in the far back, multiple computers all interconnected into one big super computer, a beowulf cluster. Or as ChAD adoringly named, SHODAN. Complete with it's own programed AI. However the AI tends to be a little snarky, and back-talks when it shouldn't.

Large pillows were pilled up on another end next to a book shelf with a lamp sitting on top. Blankets were draped over galvanized pipes to cover the pile of pillows to create a sleeping den. Toys were also scattered across the floor, along with posters of all sorts of movie actors. One of his favorites involved a particular actor dressed in a wife beater, holding a dirty stuffed rabbit, that was being handed off to his foal. And another, was about a little mare dressed in a utility bard labled “101”. She was covered in battle damage, and was looking off tiredly to a wasteland version of Equestria. A masterpiece all in all.

And there ChAD was. Still sitting leisurely in a large pillow, he wore a bored gaze while looking at the TV. His home was nearly perfect! But it provided one thing that the pony simply hated. Loneliness.

After hearing his phone go off with a rapid buzz, he took a moment to glance down to it. When he looked to it, it came to a sudden stop. His eyes then flicked down to the computer on his arm with a raised brow. Seems like SHODAN would like a word with him. Grand. With a sigh, the pony drew an ear-bloom from the device and slipped it over his ear.

“H-h-h-hac-ker,” rang in his ear. The voice was sort of creepy, yet feminine. It also tended to stutter quite frequently, and even dipped between deep and soft pitches. The pony could even swear it whispered at times. ChAD had always meant to fix that, but it did grow on him after a while. “I-i_it aPPEars th-that N-navic discovered The_Cave. Sh-shame. Th-those who were inside, at at at the time of the attack are presumably dead.”

“Oh! Jeeze thanks SHODAN,” Chad growled. The computer could at least grow a since of personality. Maybe greet him once in a while, or say, “Hey! It's a lovely day outside!”. No! Instead it just tears apart any shred of peace with some morbid news.

“Y-you're wel-wel-come... hacker. Y-your fr-frail bodies always amuse me. Th-that meat you call a body has many im-imperfections.”

“Oh spare me the talk! And could you say something nice for once! Like... I don't know... hello,” the deasec associate groaned as he now scooped up his phone, quickly dialing up SeaFire. And while the phone began it's usual tone, the AI spoke up once more.

“Hello... hacker.” The machine was clearly being sarcastic, even though the tone did not exist.

---

Once the phone was picked up, a sharp growl could be heard. "OH GO BUCK YOURSELF! YOU DON'T EVE- Oh. You picked up. Yeah... sorry about that. Argument with my roomie. Heh, but now that you are on the phone! I hope you are ready for adventure! Because there will be plenty of it! And... maybe some pain... and screaming... and some blood.... and maybe a few closed casket funerals............. and foals missing a parent. But no matter! Today's a day you and I make a difference again!"

Xan sat in a dark alley, staring up at the sky. It seemed nobody was seeing him as they passed by. Perfect, just the way he wanted it. He was used to isolation, he'd grown up with it.

He was just relaxing at this point. He didn't have any jobs lined up, and he didn't need anything, so he had free time. He really didn't know what to do at times like this. Free time was very sparse for him. He supposed he could check out this 'Cave' that he kept hearing about, it was supposed to be nearby.

His train of thought was interrupted as he heard someone coming down the alley. Looking at who was approaching, he smiled slightly. It appeared to be a random citizen. He got up from his sitting position before sneaking behind the citizen. Striking suddenly, he put them in a choke hold, kicked their legs out, and held the hold until the citizen stopped struggling. He dragged the body into the back of the alley before proceeding to steal anything valuable off it. This is the kind of thievery he liked best, the physical kind. Electronic crime just didn't bring quite the same satisfaction.

Only one problem, now he needed to find another hiding spot away from the alley. Before anybody comes and sees the body or before the citizen wakes up. He would kill the citizen, but that would just get more heat on him, and he didn't need any extra. He began scaling the buildings, using anything he could to get higher until he reached the roof. Xan looked around as his cloak flapped in the wind. Where to now?

Nightblaze walked down the street, casually twiddling the phone in her pocket, her red hair flowed softly behind her. She wore a v-cut purple shirt and some blue jean short shorts with a lovely black belt that is embroidered with a variety of gems. She wears Brown knee high boots with black leggings and fingerless red gloves on both hands, her hair is let down and is just above her belly. She walks along and spots a few possible targets based on there apparel to get some quick cash for food and other needs for the day, she lets her phone scan and a beep in her ear lets her know she has a rich target, she pulls out her phone casually, "hmm, yeah that's nice" she said warmly as she pushes a few buttons and gets his account info to her phone for an ATM hack.

It takes her a few minutes to get to an ATM and hits a button on her phone so she can access her targets account, she takes out a small amount of cash, always under 100 and breaks the connection after getting her money. She always has to hurry with these transactions to not let the city network spies catch on, but the severed connection lets her go free once more. Though this is her typical routine, never getting the same victim more then once a month, with how many citizens are in the city its easy. She knows ehr limits and makes sure not to draw attention, living out of her car usually, a beater of a car non the less, she makes everything she does untrackable, just here and a cell phone, no fancy servers or gadgets.

Out in the park that was placed in the middle of the city, SeaFire found himself sitting on one of the benches, looking down at his phone. To the unknown and unsuspecting, he seemed to be just checking his Hoofbook or the latest news. However, he was waiting and watching as everypony past by, checking their accounts and information, syphoning a little money here and there, and taking some system keys if he could find them. He made sure to be discreet and not make eye contact to those he was stealing from; in fact no eye contact to anyone at all, for if anyone found out about him and what he does, that would be his head. It was dangerous and risky what he did, but highly rewarding. One pony walked by with two things on him; a large bank account, and some kind of audio recording saved on his phone. Usually SeaFire didn't care for audio recording from normal every day ponies, but the title of this recording peaked his interest. Navic breakdown. SeaFire's mind went wild with ideals of what this could be. He had to have it, and find out.

Just as he got his phone set up to transfer the file from that pony's phone to his own, his phone started to ring. Looking down at the caller's name, it was none other than ChAD, his 'inside help'. What was this about now? Usually ChAD kept quiet unless there was something important going on near SeaFire, or if he had some information on some other pony... or if he made something new. He pressed the talk button and raised the phone to his ear, ready to begin talking until he got an earful for ChAD yelling at his 'roommate'. "Uh, Chad?" SeaFire said in hopes of getting his attention. His newly found partner was quiet a strange one at best, but was very reliable. ChAD then began speaking normally, saying that he was arguing with his roommate, but then started to say something about adventures and fighting and changing the world. Just what did ChAD have in mind exactly?

SeaFire stood up and began walking away from the park, keeping himself busy to the phone conversation, if that's what this was. "And what exactly are we making a difference about today?" He asked in his usual monotone voice. As he walked, he started to notice a mare walking around with her phone out as well, looking down at it intensely. To the average eye, she was just looking at random sites or playing games, but he knew better. He brought the phone away from his ear, flipped to the security settings on his phone, and encrypted his information. This way, it would be very hard to steal anything. He then put the phone back up to his ear. "Sorry about that, Chad, but you're going to have to repeat that. I'm not in the greatest area for reception." He said as his excuse, but he knew that wouldn't work. The way his phone was rigged, he could get as good of a reception as he wanted since it picked up the signal from any cellular tower.

As he waited for ChAD to continue to spill his guts about this adventure, he couldn't help but look at that mare again with her dark colored clothing, looking like a punk mare; however, SeaFire's mind quickly went from how she looked to wanting to know what kind of information she had. He kept the phone to his ear and started walking across the street carefully, then tailed behind the mare. He made sure to keep a distance, and not to look suspicious. Yet to be honest, that was harder said than done. He always wore a black leather trench coat with dark blue jeans and a black hat, keeping most of his face covered. If he didn't look like some kind of creep already, he didn't know what could except maybe pulling his scarf up.

The mare heard the stallion speaking, it was hard not to, he had a unique voice. Once he mentioned about signal she sighed, he was either a hacker or police hacker, either way she flipped her phone to recieve signals and easily grabbed his, it was the only encrypted signal within a 20 block radius that strong. She looked up at her surroundings and locked on a steam vent nearby, flipping her phone to sleep mode she pocketed and waited, the beeps in her bluetooth telling her how far or close he was. She kept a casual pace and as she passed the vent she counted then activated it just a second before he would step on it, blowing it, she made she he wouldn't get hurt. Maybe a very light seer on his pelt and a good bit of shock but it gave her the chance to bolt and take a left down the next road and quickly dipped into alley and set up a secret signal. All hackers, well ones not owned by cops, or the city, all had a ccess to a bypass security signal in morse, she set it to tell him, 'sorry bout scare, cant be too careful, I am unarmed and nonhostile right thsn alleyway, meet me' to any but hackers this ment nothing, it was just gonna be static, but to a hackers phone it was a recording.

The pony let out a light laugh and shook his head after hearing something about a poor reception. He turned off SHODAN's voice to stop any quips, leaving her only method of communication through messages in the command line. “Oh, yeah? Well if you start saying, can you hear me now, I will put one between your teeth, understand,” Of course the tone he was using was quite a joking one. But he did find such a question to be incredibly annoying as it generally carrys on with both parties asking questions that don't seem to be getting any real answers... even if they both can hear each other.

“I said we were going on an adventure,” Chad chimmed happily, now looking down to the computer on his arm. But he did notice something rather odd. SHODAN had flooded the command line with an excessive amount of “...!?”

Once the AI noticed that it had it's creator's attention, it quickly brought up a screen. It stated that SHODAN had actually stopped something from being sent without permission from some other ponies phone.

He leaned a little closer to his computer, and eyed the screen carefully, “and this one you are going to love! It will promote you to a bonefied Bad-Flank in just a matter of minutes!” He frowned after noticing what the anomally was. He noticed that his call was sending more packets than normal. On top of that, rather than receiving just one MAC Address, he was receiving a second one. “And... maybe make you rich if you don't mind looting bodies~” He quickly got up and trotted up to his computer rather merrily. Once there, he let out a sigh and mumbled through the phone, “Just give me a moment... sort of... need to read through it. I skimmed you see?”

He began to hum idily as he started to type several different commands in his computer, first engaging his partners GPS for only a hot second. After getting the location, he quickly found a camera some odd distance away, and pulled up it's view. He slowly turned the camera to face the blimp he had received, and quickly spotted two ponies. The first one he could easily identify. The other however was a mystery... it was also where he was detecting a feedback loop being engaged.

“Ah! Here it is! Oh... erm. Long story. Er... well, here's the deal. Someone slipped, and things got real. I am placing a marker on your GPS we are going to do this RPG style baby,” The pony hummed with a giddy expression. His partner may actually know this game all to well. It was ChADs way of saying, something's spooked me... and I am about to turn up the heat. “Walk there, please? I will brief you each time you go to a marker! Fun right?”

Each marker he placed, was somewhere nearby. However, it was always in front of a very distant camera. And placed where he wouldn't have to move it.

The first one was leading to the exit of the park. The Pony waited for his friend to arrive at the exact spot, and quickly placed another one dead ahead, going across the street.

“Ok! So, someone from HQ decided to let something slip. And got a whole lot of people killed. It seems that people are currently after a hard drive. Well that's dandy and all... but it's better left destroyed. There -are- backups. But they are in partition files and requires all files to be in the same location before it can be decoded. The hard drive they are after however... well... it's going to be blank the moment they pull it out. It's... really hard to explain buuuuut... the moment power is cut from it... all data is erased. Unless they happen to have a vat of liquid helium with them or something. Next point please!” It was at that moment, he'd cut off. Clearly waiting for his friend to cross the street before dropping another point ahead.

At this very moment, he had multiple lights selected, and readied his finger over the mouse.

“Soo... short story is. I need you to go... ermherm... peacefully stop the guys going after the hard drive. Because they may actually have a bad time. And by bad time... I mean a trap. I will explain later!” This time around, he placed a new marker. It was much further away than the rest, signaling that the pony was done playing his game.

He honestly couldn't see the location of the Mare who had actually managed to hone in on his partner's signal. Nor could he be sure if she was actually a threat. But the pony would much rather be safe and accidentally murder a civilian who knew nothing, than to let a fixer cut in.

“Because... I am afraid you have a repair guru on your flank. That's right girl... I know you're there.”'

Almost immediately for the entire block, all junction street lights in the area turned green, sending carls hurtling down the street at high speeds. On the same street, multiple steam pipes had violently erupted sending chunks of asphalt through the air and hurtling into the screaming crowd. ChAD looked down to his work with a hoof covering his maw. “Ok... perhaps that may have been overkill. Maaaybe. She may still be alive. I mean... these camera's don't have thermal vision... which would be freaking sweet. Your choice to kill her. Either way... I will meet up with you in a few. Internet may be fast... but there are delays at a distance. Plus I got some cool gadgets to give you!”

ChAD pursed his lips for a moment, and then smiled before finally dialing up the emergency forces on a land-line. He had a friendly chat with the operator on the other end, and hung up. He then returned back to his phone. "Oh... and by the way. I just now called the police! Quite a tragedy has happened here, and it will do an excellent job to take the heat off of you in the future! Now... you may want to get out of there. Because... they may be angry... and may be inclined to jumping up and breaking all four hooves off in some ponies arse! Celestia Speed, comrade!"

((ChAD's AI jammed the Message she sent. ChAD also has absolutely no idea what it says because he didn't get a chance to read it. He's blocking that port because it's actually a really good way to install a backdoor virus on someone's phone. Which consequently can invade through another signal.))

Xan paused in his thoughts as he heard something from an alley ahead of him. Peeking over the edge, he found a mare on her phone. She was probably a hacker. No matter though, he didn't have anything of value that could be taken through hacking. He had no bank account, no information online. He preferred to have the physical item over data representing it. He had no info that mattered online or on his devices for the sole purpose of keeping other hackers, especially those working for the government, from discovering anything about him that he didn't want them to know.

Hmm... Maybe he should go to this supposed secret hideout he kept hearing about. Where was it again? Let's see... Xan looked around to get his bearings, then flew off towards the Cave. Maybe he'd find something to do once he got there.

• 1 month later...

Archived