Best/Worst Rainbow Power Design?

Granted they are all...kinda bad! But I am asking you dear readers who is the best and who is the worst? Feel free to post an image of your favorite and explain why!

For me the best is Twilights because if you removed the gawdy colors on her feet and wings? She actually strongly resembles Luna and Celestia and very fitting for a princess

rainbow_power_twilight_sparkle_by_ashidaru-d7i3gp2.png

For Worst...

I gotta go with Fluttershy souly because she's being devoured by her mane..

rainbow_power_fluttershy_by_ashidaru-d7i0ixb.png

Edited topic to be best/worst !

There are elements about Rainbow Power I rather like, however the design choice isn't really one of them, I feel the manes could be a little less over the top, maybe change them to a gradiant of their colors, and remove the weird marks on their feet.

Seriously I dont get the feet thing :C

Good - probably like Dashie best since it doesn't change her color scheme. Twi looks good too though; longer mane is good and the highlights actually work with it. I also like Rarity's for some reason; I think it's the sparkles and the extra curls.

Bad - Pinkie is probably the worst; just nothing about the extra puffy pink with rainbows through it works. Fluttershy is also pretty terrible; just too much mane. And yeah, even though her design is the least changed, the highlights do nothing for AJ; she looks prety bad too.

I'd probably rank them:

1. Rainbow Dash
  2. Twilight Sparkle
  3. Rarity
  4. Applejack
  5. Fluttershy
  6. Pinkie Pie

In my opinion, the best one is Applejack hands down. I personally love the color scheme, the green bows and the red stripe. Aside from the silly apples on her hooves, she could pass as a normal (and really neat looking) pony to me.

rainbow_power_applejack_by_ashidaru-d7hxxei.png

As for the worst? It's a toss up between Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. I found them all to be pretty over the top. Rarity looks like a badly groomed poodle, Fluttershy looks like pony Cthulhu, and Rainbow Dash resembles a rainbow porcupine from the 80's. I'll probably have to go with Fluttershy though because not only to the colors really clash, but her mane is looks pretty ridiculous too.

The_Mane_6_in_their_Rainbow_Power_forms_S4E26.png

I don't care for the designs at all, just felt like a cheap marketing campaign based on the belief that girls will they "colorful is pretty!" or something. They're here though for better or for worse. If I had to pick one that I liked the most (or disliked the least), it have to be Twilight, it just works fairly well with her overall design and color scheme. Applejack and Dash's aren't that bad, the others though just do not work for me. Rarity and Fluttershy are the worst designs.

The_Mane_6_in_their_Rainbow_Power_forms_S4E26.png

I don't care for the designs at all, just felt like a cheap marketing campaign based on the belief that girls will they "colorful is pretty!" or something. They're here though for better or for worse. If I had to pick one that I liked the most (or disliked the least), it have to be Twilight, it just works fairly well with her overall design and color scheme. Applejack and Dash's aren't that bad, the others though just do not work for me. Rarity and Fluttershy are the worst designs.

But hey! At least it restored relevancy to the Mane Five, after the way they were pushed by the wayside and made disposable and useless in-exchange for the empowerment of Twilight Sparkle.

I mean, DBZ! You had too much of a problem with so many of Goku's friends becoming useless and disposable. And now you want Twilight's friends to be useless, disposable murder victims as well?

My favorite is probably AJ, mostly because her mane isn't too obnoxiously big...but Twilight is a close second

Least favorite is a tie between Fluttershy and RD, because like like you people said, Flutters looks like her mane is eating her, and RD looks like a Rainbow Sonic the Hedgehog thing

rainbow_power_rainbow_dash_by_ashidaru-d7i34z0.png

But hey! At least it restored relevancy to the Mane Five, after the way they were pushed by the wayside and made disposable and useless in-exchange for the empowerment of Twilight Sparkle.

I mean, DBZ! You had too much of a problem with so many of Goku's friends becoming useless and disposable. And now you want Twilight's friends to be useless, disposable murder victims as well?

t59a97e_91a.gif

No matter how I tried, I cannot figure out how your answer is a response to my opinion on the design scheme of the Rainbow Power on the Mane Five Six (There, fixed it for you).

Especially that last paragraph. I don't even think I ever even talked about DBZ on this forum, have I? I doubt it. Why do people people go to Dragonball every time they see a fight scene in a show that is normally not known for them? Isn't that pretty much opposite of Dragoball, which is known pretty much just for fights with filler in-between? Besides epics fights in cartoon series is far older than DBZ, even in Japan. Personally I would have used Project A-ko, 'cuz more comedy and plus they were all women. :razz: Oh heck, for you casual anime fans, Sailor Moon.

I want Twilight's friends to be useless? Why because I like the visual aesthetic of her Rainbow Power the most? Man, they may never use those designs in show again, and its just a design thing for me, and oh yeah, and just my personal opinion. Your assertion doesn't make a lick of sense.

I mean Twi isn't even my favorite mane six pony, not even my second; even if she was, it still would make no sense.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to say that I think Twilight's rainbow power design looks the coolest, I mean it's just flat out beautiful. I hate to say it, but Fluttershy's design just looks kind of ugly. Don't get me wrong, Fluttershy is one of my favorites, but I just can't get over it.

• 3 months later...

All of them but AJ and Twilight have too much mane. Their hoofmarks or whatever you even call them are hideous.

The only stuff worse than this I've seen are the Rainbow Power TOYS. Ugh.

Best to worst (IMO, but it was hard to choose):

1. Twilight
  2. Applejack
  3. Rainbow Dash
  4. Pinkie Pie
  5. Fluttershy
  6. Rarity

Archived