Season 6?

I heard season 5 will be the standard 26 episodes, so Season 6 will start after that. Now if we say season 5 is during 2015 and season 6 is 2015-2016 then we can assume that there is a chance of even a season 7 if it goes 2016-2017.

As for the movie, I don't know if this will close out Friendship is Magic and open a door to a new generation or just be a fun movie in between seasons. Guess we'll have to see as 2017 approaches.

I heard season 5 will be the standard 26 episodes, so Season 6 will start after that. Now if we say season 5 is during 2015 and season 6 is 2015-2016 then we can assume that there is a chance of even a season 7 if it goes 2016-2017.

As for the movie, I don't know if this will close out Friendship is Magic and open a door to a new generation or just be a fun movie in between seasons. Guess we'll have to see as 2017 approaches.

You have some interesting thoughts on the subject at hand but yeah you're right we'll just have to wait and see for now.

I think the fact that the movie has a 2017 release date unofficially confirms the series is likely to last at least until then. As it is showing no signs of declining in popularity, I don't see why they wouldn't.

But I do wonder if that is also unofficially confirming the end of the series. That would be an eight year run, which for an animated series is almost unheard of.

DISCLAIMER:

I did not even know there was a movie planned. I avoid spoilers like the plague. This post is based wholly on experiance, education, and knoledge ofthe fandom. If the spoiles for the movie are implying somthinge else, I appogigize. I will also try to keep my own personal feelings about this to a minimum.

Let me remind you all of the first rule of marketing: Cash Cows are rare animals you DO NOT shoot them. (discounting if your a floudering company and/or a creator with a vindetta, neither of which applies here)

Hasbro is in this to make $$$. Unless MLP: FiM is seeing a sharp decline in revenue, I dont see it ending. (Now could this be set up as an emergancy self-destruct in case of another 'scandal' like derpygate? that ispossible, but I would be suprised)

As for opening the door to another series... there was talk for a long time about there being 2 MLP series: one aimed at little kids/girls, and one that was aimed more at the bronies. (one idea that was suggested was spinning off the CMC as their own 'kids' series --- no that was not just me pulling it out of my plot, hasbro has confirmed that they considered that)

Of course I hear people yelling about going out in a blaze of glory rather than fading away... but again, unless I'm completely missing something huge, the fandom is not declining, sales are same or better than before, and hasbro would be a complete idiot to kill off it's most popular series ever.

I dont see a reason to worry, at least not yet, the future is as uncertain as ever, so we'll have to see what happens. Untill then, Keep Calm and Canter(lot) on!

Recall that I think it was last year that someone from Hasbro said that they "had plans for the brand" for the next five years. Considering that, I'd say we can count on more than just season six.

We should be ponying for many years to come. :)

In terms of toy lines, yes, the G1 line lasted ten years (1982-1992). The other two generations didn't last quite so long though, and either way, FIM has already gone on longer than any previous TV series associated with the brand.

I wouldn't pay much attention to previous generations either way though. G4 is different in many ways since it's more media driven than the others. As long as they keep putting out media, the line will sell and Hasbro will be in a good place. I don't see them messing with what they have going until they're utterly convinced it would be in their best interest to change things, and once they do get that idea, I can't imagine them doing anything else but trying to recapture what worked for them previously (ie, G5 would use G4 as a blueprint).

(one idea that was suggested was spinning off the CMC as their own 'kids' series --- no that was not just me pulling it out of my plot, hasbro has confirmed that they considered that)

Biting the rumor bullet here but I'm pretty sure it's Lauren who had pitched the Idea of a CMC educational spin off and Hasbro being uninterested shot it down.

Biting the rumor bullet here but I'm pretty sure it's Lauren who had pitched the Idea of a CMC educational spin off and Hasbro being uninterested shot it down.

I dont know that far, all I know is there was talk of spinning the CMC off as their own series (I have no idea where I found that either, probably it was a link off an article on TVTropes) Though it wouldn't suprise me is Faust was the one who suggested it. (although on the flip side, the original plan was for the CMC to be a one-off thing and never show up again, so YMMV)

I almost wish they would do that, provided they didn't water it down to seasemy street levels (anyone remember that show? is it even still on the air?) if it was just a kiddy-friendly series, I'd watch it. I <3 CMC.

If it happened I probably would have checked it out. Also, Yes Seasemy Street still exits and yes it's still pretty awesome.

So true. They took on topics MLP even dodges. I till remember Mr Cooper (I think) dieing and they addressed it in the show.

• 3 months later...

DHX has released a statement saying that Season 5 will consist of 26 episodes. That doesn't appear to be an extra long season. It does not appear that the show is losing popularity, if anything, it is gaining new members of its community every day. I can't say if this movie will mark the end of the series or not. If my predictions are correct, the show should last around eight season at the least.

DHX has released a statement saying that Season 5 will consist of 26 episodes. That doesn't appear to be an extra long season. It does not appear that the show is losing popularity, if anything, it is gaining new members of its community every day. I can't say if this movie will mark the end of the series or not. If my predictions are correct, the show should last around eight season at the least.

Eight Seasons huh sounds good to me?

Archived