Winter's warmness (Hearth's Warming Eve RP)

franshpout

((Let us set this. Honestly, you can begin however you want, just as long as you don't plan an invasion of monsters over the town... this RP is to be made sweet and fun XD. It's at night, the town is completely covered in snow and it's decorated for the holidays. Your characters will pretty much be doing whatever they feel like.))

Through the snow in the streets she was running, hasty to reach a place. Turning every corners, she would make the snow fly up under her hooves. The mare in question was such in a hurry, her butterfly wings had trouble following up, yet she had to be careful not to slip and fall or she would be slowed down and embarassed.

Somewhere in the town square of Ponyville were Violet and Glady walking together, talking together and simply having a good time at this time of the evening. The sun was out, the two of them wore hats and scarves to protect themselves from the cold a little, though they could withstand it well. Decorating lights of many colors were placed upon roofs of the buildings around and the light poles lit the place as well, reflecting over the bright white snow. The sky was cleared of all the clouds and it was possible to see the stars shine through. Glady and Violet were simply taking it easy on this peaceful night. But this peace would soon be interrupted...

While they were standing there, it wouldn't take them long before they would notice somepony approaching them at high speed. Both turned their heads to have a better look at this pony. The green mare to the large butterfly wings would get closer, being recognised by the two others. She would skid to a stop, her head hanging searching for her breath. Glady and Violet both looked at her, one raising and eyebrow and the other seeming concerned for their friend.

Seria: G...Girls.... I.... I need to... to speak to you about... something!

The fairy would finally manage to speak to them, looking at them both... she seemed to have something extremely important to tell them and with the panicked tone she used, it was like they should hurry!

Glady: Hey calm down! Just slow down and tell us what happened.

Glady said, taking this seriously. Seria calmed her breathing and swallowed some before looking at them again.

Seria: I... it's Freesia...

Just with that, Violet's concerned look intensified while Glady frowned with worry.

Glady: What happened to her?...

Seria: She... I... well... It's just that...

She had to breath a little more, which let her friends on suspense.

Seria: ... Hearth's Warming Eve is coming and... oh goodness... I don't know where she heard of this, but... Santa Hooves... She believes in it and... Oh dear...

Violet: C-Calm down, Seria! Just... take it easy and tell us what you're worried about... you're worrying me right now...

The fairy would take a few more breathers, finally being able to breath normaly. She'd let out a sigh.

Seria: Sorry... Okay, listen. Freesia... she believes in these stories and I'm simply unable to tell her the truth, although my logic side wants me to tell her!

Violet: Wait... You mean to say that...

Seria listened carefully to Violet. Yet her sentence was taking a side she would rather not hear.

Violet: He doesn't exist?

Seria: You... are kidding, aren't you?... Please oh please tell me this is a pleasantry.

The look on the young unicorn's face changed to a very sad one, as if her dreams had been crushed! Seria cringed at what she did there, just... crushing her best friend's illusions. Yet Violet would soon smile and laugh. Glady would soon join in at the joke while Seria would loosen up on it with disappointment.

Seria: My goodness, you two!... This is serious, please!

Violet and Glady would both cut the laughters and come back to the problem with their fairy friend.

Seria: It's just that... I can't break this illusion to her! I mean... It is so adorable to see her like this. She might be a little old for this, but you know just as much as I do that inside of her head she is but a foal. When she told me about it... I wanted to tell her the truth, yet I didn't want to.

The fairy would then look down, as if hopeless and would come back looking at her friends.

Seria: It's her very first Hearth's Warming Eve... I would love to make it very special for her and this whole story of the Santa Hooves is simply wonderful. I want to give her something that she will always remember, but I have no idea what!

Glady: Does she like toys?

Seria: Not really...

Violet: Dolls?

Seria: That is like a toy, isn't it?

Violet: Right...

For the moment the three girls didn't have any idea of what to give for the young Freesia. Hearth's Warming Eve was indeed getting closer and closer by each day. If Seria wanted to make it memorable for the young ice fairy, then she would have to make haste. Besides, she had to prevent herself from telling the truth as well... Hence why she asked her friends for help.

((thats good expect on a side note i would prefer to called him santa whooves instead of santa pony because that makes morw since but that's just me))

inside or near ponyville square there was alot of ponies playing in the snow even starwind who was wearing cute snow hat that cover her head and cute matching jacket and snowboots the color of them was pink. She was making a snowpony with stormchaser with the both of them The fun has been double as they continue to build it they saw a small pony running/flying ((didn't quite understand which she was doing)) quite fast making snow fly everywhere around her

((That Santa Pony bit is indeed true, I guess we could see who prefers what and go with the most popular answer :P I just went with what came first in mind XD And Seria is just running in a hurry. It's just that she's going so fast that the snow she runs in is lifted up in the air. Also, Seria isn't that small. She's an adult fairy, so she's slightly smaller than a regular adult mare. The Flower Fillies are respectively 14, 16 and 18 years old now. ''Flower Fillies'' is a name they gave themselves when they were younger and kept it that way :P))

Lucky was sitting down on the hill besides his house, looking over Ponyville. He had only lived here a short time, and he still didnt understand why ponies loved this time of year, and he wished to understand. As he watched over the peaceful town, he thought about all the ponies he had seen. He was shy, only talking to those he had to, not making eye contact with anyone else, though that was to be understood. He was a Chamrosh, half dog, half griffon. Ponyville was the first town he had ever set paw in, he had seen them but was always to busy training, flying or sleeping to check them out. Now, he was in one of them, and although so far every creature he had seen was friendly to them, he had always stayed.... hidden away from them.

Lucky looked to his left, smiling as he saw the snow falling. He was still a pup, mostly, so naturally he jumped up and ran over to it, rolling around without even feeling the cold, he was covered in fur after all. This was something he didnt do often, and it was probably his first time in snow since... Since he got separated from his pack.

"ACHOO!!"

"Hey! Thats the sixth time you sneezed!"

The cold and shivering pony rubbed her muzzle in a quite unlady like fashion. She sunk deeper into her thick scarf to slow her chattering teeth down. One doesnt have to be a scientist just to determine that Rudie was cold. She's wearing a thicker sweater, a hat, some hoof gloves, and some socks. And because of her condition, she still feels cold even though she has all this clothing.

Beside her, is a caramel colored pony. Though, she's also a dog. Her name is Pawline. The pony-dog skipped through the snow with no problem. She chuckled as a snowflake landed on her muzzle. With no hesitation, she licked it up and hummed in satisfaction.

"W-why does it have t-to be so c-c-cold???" Rudie complained through her scarf.

"Tee! Because its winter silly!" Pawline replied.

The red pony grumbled a few unidentifiable words under her scarf. Then, a sharp pain went through her hooves, and traveled up to her spine. She winced loudly as she quickly sweeped the snow that sticked to her coat. As the snow was gone, a deep scarlet mark found a home in her coat. She grumbled as she spotted the pony with...butterly wings?!

Pawline leaned closer to her as she observed the mark on Rudie's hooves. She sniffed it a little. She shook her head playfully as she looked up to the red pony with no trace of worry in her face.

"Another clan of frostbites?" The pony-dog asked calmly with a smile in jer face.

"E-easy for you to say...You h-have all that mut fur t-to keep you w-warm!" Rudie argued with a sharp tone.

The pony-dog only giggled as she skipped over to the red pony who is stomping over to the group of ponies ahead.

"Hey! W-watch where you throw snow you little-"

"Hey there! Whats up? I'm Pawline!" She interupted Rudie.

"You guys seem a little down, is there somethin' wrong?" Pawline giggled as Rudie grumbled beside her. The red pony's red frostbite marks growing a bit.

DreamySunday was pleased, The day was almost over. Soon she would be back home with her freshly purchased groceries stored in her refrigerator, a warm blanket around her, and a good book to read. Upon arriving at her front door, Dreamy said aloud "Finally getting out of the cold and into the war-" As Dreamy attempted to magic the keys out of her pocket, she realized that they were in fact not where she had left them. "Uh oh... Oh please no. Not today! Any other day but today please!" Dreamy peeked through her window to notice that the keys were, in fact, on the table nearest to the exit " UGH! I can't believe I forgot them! How could I forget them? They were right there!" She shouted in frustration before letting out a defeated sigh and saying "Well, I guess it's to the locksmith I go. With my groceries. In the dark. Ugh." Dreamy began grumpily making her way toward the locksmiths house cutting through the Town square.

after they finish their snow pony starwind looked around and saw something running around in the snow so she made her way towards it storm saw her leaving "don't go too far" said storm "ok" she said .After which storm made his way to a nearby bench and sat down after a bit of walking star made it to the creature after watching it for a bit longer she went to it and asked "what r u"

((so you know she is talking to lucky))

"It would be a nice day if it wasn't so dang cold," A tan coloured pegasus muttered to herself as she flew across the skies of Ponyville. Even though it was close to Hearth's Warming Eve, Dusty Skies didn't have anything planned. Her forest green eyes scanned the ground below looking for something interesting to do, but all she could see were a few ponies enjoying the snow day and a bunch of holiday lights below. Eventually, she settled herself in a cloud, trying to wrap herself in it to get warm.

But Dusty wasn't really warmer. She sighed, rolling on her back to look at the sky above her. "Well, the sky is mostly clear, why not do a few tricks? That'll warm the wings up,"

And so she took off, doing whatever came to mind: A few barrel rolls, a couple loop-de-loops, and then one she had recently started teaching herself. The pegasus flew straight down like a torpedo only to shoot straight up at the last second. It was pretty exciting. Of course, as she was doing it this time, she caught something out of the corner of her eye and lost focus. She stopped concentrating and ran off course, right into a pony who was carrying some groceries, the two of them landing in a heap of snow.

Well, that was embarrassing. Dusty sat up looking at the other pony. "Hey, you alright? Sorry 'bout that..."

While being in this discussion about what to do for their younger friend, they didn't expect to have more ponies come over to them to talk with. From the first words that came out of Rudie's mouth, the fairy pony turned herself around to have a look at her. Glady and Violet already had their eyes on her as well given they were already looking in that direction.

Seria: Oh... Please forgive me, I was a bit of in a hurry there.

The fairy apologized after she noticed a small bit of snow on the red pony's coat. Yet her attention would be drawn over to the dog-pony. The fairy would smile and nod as Pawline introduced herself and ask them if anything was wrong.

Seria: I appreciate the concern, but there is nothing to worry about.

Glady: We're trying to find a present for a young friend of ours. It's going to be her first Hearth's Warming Eve.

Seria: Indeed. By the by, allow me to introduce ourselves, if we may. I am Ser-

Yet the fairy would be abruptly interrupted as a pegasus passed nearby, coming from the sky and landing directly on one other pony who was coming by. A little worried, the group of three looked over to where the accident happened.

Seria: Oh my... are they okay?

Glady looked back at her friend.

Glady: Want me to check'em out?

She'd ask as she'd throw a smirk and point at them with her head. Yet without even waiting for an answer the earth pony went over to them, where as soon as she'd get over to them she'd ask if they were doing fine. Meanwhile Seria came back to the two new ponies.

Seria: Pardon. Now where was I? Ah yes, as I was trying to say, my name is Seria Rosa. My friend over here is Violet Charm and my other friend is Glady Leaf.

After this small introduction, the fairy would take notice of the red pony's clothes. Compared to her and her friends, she had a lot of them on... perhaps she was not taking the cold of winter too well. But there was not just that. She didn't look to be too cheerful either. She'd wonder if things were all right.

Seria: Is everything fine?

More grumbles escaped the scarf of the red pony as the fairy apologized. Great. She isnt so good at these kinda stuff. She just nodded slowly and stared st the ground, her usual grumpy , mcgrump face plastered on her face.

Meanwhile, Pawline was listening to every word the group was saying. A gift for a friend huh? Why, that sounds awesome! How nice of them. Given that Santa Hooves was gonna give them a gift anyway. Now thats a lotta gifts! I'm sure this friend will be very happy this winter.

"Aww! I bet all of you are all in Santa Hooves' extra nice list!" She exclaimed with a grin.

Rudie rolled her eyes and gave her a 'are you kidding me?' look. The pony-dog knows exactly what she's trying to say, but Pawline will forever deny it. She's just speaking lies. Or is she? The pony-dog shook her head roughly and stared at the red ponh beside her.

"He is real Rudie! Who else gives those awesome gifts?? Even the cookies and milk gets eaten!" She said with a pout.

Before Rudie can make a matter-of-factly comeback, the fairy pony has started to introduce themselves. She only at stared at her blankly, before looking away swiftly. She still doesnt know what to say about that apology.

Pawline nudged the red pony beside her with an elbow, causing Rudie to scoff slightly. Turns out, Seria has asked her a question. Pawline only shook her head. She leaned closer to the fairy.

"Sorry about Miss Grumps over here. She isnt so good with...umm...social interactions..." The dog pony whispered the fairy's ear as her tail wagged.

"And...allow me to apologize in advance. She might say something bad in the future. But she's all good, I promise!" When Pawline finished, she moved her head away from Seria, and gave her a little wink.

"Are you done gossiping Pawlly??" Rudie asked the caramel colored pony beside her with a sarcastic kind of tone.

Pawline only chuckled.

The red pony then turned over to the fairy, who has asked her about things. She's too shy to say something right. What if she screws up? What if she jumbles up her words?

"What are you talking about? Everythings fine. I dont need your s-sympathy...or anyone else's." She said quickly, she looked away while her muzzle blushed a faint pink.

Pawline then made a few gestures with her hooves, as if trying to say, 'See?'. She chucklec after, the raised her hooves in the air.

"I'm sure everythings going to be fine with your friend, Santa Hooves will give her an awesome gift anyways! Right?"

DreamySunday could see the locksmiths house. Hopefully he'd be willing to help her out and she'd be able to enjoy the rest of the evening "Come on Dreamy just a little bit further" Suddenly, Dreamy was struck by a flying something or other! Dreamy's head was spinning as she made a dizzying and painful attempt to get back onto her hooves "Ugh, my face, my skin, my bones...My all of me. " Dreamy got up on her hooves and noticed the Horrific site, the site that would make anypony want to cry. " M-m-my groceries! What have you done!? My eggs! My fruits! My various fluids! AAARG! Can today get any worse!?"

-- Hey, you alright? Sorry 'bout that...

-- Alright? Alright!? Your reckless flying not only cost me my weeks food, but my stores ingredients too! It's gonna take a lot more than a sorry to fix this.

With a sigh and a groan, Dreamy began sifting through her groceries looking for anything that could possibly be salvaged.

Dusty looked around nervously, trying to avoid eye contact with the mare. She didn't really know what to say. Of course she had to run into someony who was having a bad day! She then noticed a group of ponies looking at her. Great, that was what she needed, unwanted attention.

She turned back to the mare, who was scrambling to pick up the groceries. Dusty felt bad. She would give her some bits, but she was running low herself. "Here, I'll uh, help," she said awkwardly, and began going through the groceries herself.

Lucky was still rolling around in the snow, playfully being a pup. As he was rolling aroudn he felt himself rolling downwards, and he closed his eyes and he barked in joy. He was rolling down the hill, towards ponyville which also had tons of snow, well, at least he hoped so. As he rolled down he felt some of the snow go into his beak, but he didnt care. Once he reached the bottom he started to roll in it more, laughing loudly while barking at the same time(i hope a chamrosh can bark). After about a minute or so he stood up, looking around, then froze in fear. Right now he was standing right next to Ponyville, and he could see two ponys, one who seemed like a female, who was picking up food, the other who seem to be doing the same thing. He was in clear sight, and it was obvious he was scared.

DreamySunday levitated over the least ripped bag and began inspecting the items and inserting the one that were still good into her bag. "Here, I'll uh, help," Dreamy turned toward the reckless flyer and sighed "Fine I guess it's least you could do." Once Dreamy was done picking up what was left of her groceries, she turned toward the Pegasus and said "Hey, you. thanks for the help. Sorry about tone earlier. Today just isn't my day. " Dreamy Started walking away when suddenly she stopped turned around and asked, "Oh hey, I forgot to ask, what's your name?"

Ah well, as the mare said, everything was fine and she didn't need the sympathy of the fairy. Seria would give a quick shrug with a smile. The only part which really bothered her some was when Pawline spoke of Santa Hooves. She'd have to force herself to play along... She did not really know if the dog pony really believed in this, but she wouldn't risk ruining anything.

Seria: Quite right! I... uh believe so too!

Behind her, Violet would give a quick nod as she'd play along as well. To give some more to it, and as a way to help her fairy friend a little with the conversation, she thought of a question to ask.

Violet: But what if Santa Hooves doesn't know what to get her either? See, it's going to be the first time that Freesia gets to celebrate this holiday, but that means that she never received a present from him before. He'd have to think this through too, don't you think?

Hopefully this question would work, whether Pawline really believed in the magic of this holiday or not.

---------------

Glady stood there, watching the two ponies who crashed into each other help each other out with the groceries. It seemed like she didn't need to get involved into this and was ignored.

Glady: Um... Guys?

She'd ask, trying to get their attention.

Glady: We just saw what happened, is everyone truly okay? No one's hurt? I just wanna make su-

Trying to know if everything was alright with these two proved more difficult than it was. Not only did they not see her at first, but this time another individual entered the scene and Glady's sight. Something she had never seen before. It looked similar to something else, but there was something different. From where she was she tried to discern his look and what he was looking at. The two others looked fine... so she could just let them be and instead she decided to start walking toward the one who just arrived, the chamrosh.

Lucky watched as a pony tried to ask if they were ok. He was still scared, and he wanted to run but his body wasnt letting him, frozen with fear. Then, he noticed one of them was walkign towards him, which only made him even more scared. He tried once more to move, this time his legs letting him. He quickly ran, only to trip in the snow, falling face first as he curled up, hopping that this pony was nice, but even if she was, he was not used to even seeing this species, he had never had any contact with them. He stayed curled up, covered in snow, and shivering but not due to the cold.

• 2 weeks later...

When all the groceries were picked up, Dusty stood up and brushed any leftover snow off of her. She looked up when the other pony asked for her name.

"Dusty," she said simply, smiling a little. "What about you?"

And then, another voice from behind caused the mare to turn around. It was another pony, who apparently saw the scene and was just asking if they were alright.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she said. Dusty felt slightly embarrassed, wondering how many ponies saw her crash into that mare. And to be honest, one of her wings kind of hurt, she must have landed on it funny. But whatever, she's had worse crashes.

" Sunday, DreamySunday. Pleasure to meet you. Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat but I have to go find the locksmith and then get home " Dreamy turned toward the locksmiths home and began marching toward it. Upon arriving, Dreamy sighed and said " Finally. I thought I'd nev-....What is this?" Dreamy noticed something, something she did not want to notice. She noticed a note on the door. " <<Holiday family reunion in Canterlot. Back in a week>> UGH! Stupid Loving Families and their holiday celebrations." Dreamy angrily grumbled her way home. " Well... I guess this is a good excuse to finally use my chimney. Heh, I guess I'll know how Santa Hooves feels "

• 2 weeks later...

Archived