An Unexpected Vacation! (Open to all!)

FluffKinz

If you wish to join, be sure to check out the OOC here! :)

So basically, we win tickets to a free vacation in a resort, but end up in a deserted island where we have to survive there. To get more details, the OOC thread is always open for 'checking out'.

-------------------

"A free vacation?!"

A huge grin was plastered in the pony-dog's face as she held the letter in her hooves. Her tail wagging swiftly, and her sky blue orbs sparkling in delight, she started to hop around in place, as she ran around the house in excitement. Without a second thought, Pawline Pawrints took out a suitcase, and proceeded to pack all of the things she might need for this resort themed vacation.

"Clothes, hats, sunscreen, food, ohh! Tons and tons of food! Camera, hey! Its my old water-gun! I'll bring three of those...some blankets would be nice too! I think I'm done? Yep!"

As the pony-dog spoke to herself, she placed all the things she has spoken of onto the fairly small suitcase. She brought it up using her muzzle, and proceeded to trot up to the doorway, but before she could get there, a faint ringing sound was picked up by her sensitive hearing. Pawline placed the suitcase nearby, and galloped over to the telephone, which was near her small kitchen.

"What's up?"

"...Dont tell me you're falling for this scam..."

"Oh! Hey Cory! We havent talked in a while, and noooo! This isnt a scam! It's a free vacation, ok? What can scammers get from that?"

"...You have no idea how evil ponies can be Pawlly. I got the invitation too bu-"

"REALLY?! Then we can go together!!"

"...Ah...I was saying, I am NOT gonna go to this vacation unless I get clear evidence that this isnt a sc-"

"There's Celestia's signature on the bottom left corner of the envelope."

"...Could you stop interupting me?! And what if it's a fake or...its forged?..."

"Touch it. The ink is special! It's the only kind of ink where the royal's get to use! Go ahead and check it out for yourself!"

"...Fine..."

On the white pegasus' perspective, the letter is like everyday junkmail. Something that has never been sent, and never been read. But then again, her friend Pawline might have a point. Cory placed the telephone on the counter side and took out the envelope from the trash. She thought it truly belonged there.

Cory placed the letter on the counter, and spread it open to its real shape. She averted her red and blue hues to the bottom left corner, to indeed, find a signature. And it very well looks like it belonged to Celestia's. She brused it with her purw white hoof, only to find no trace of mark or stain on her hoof. She also noticed that after brushing the signture, it reflected a rainbow like color through the ink.

The white pegasus was perplexed. Can this actually be Celestia's signature herself? Only one more test. Cory took out a piece of paper, and took out a quill. She dipped it in pure black ink, and proceeded to forge the signature on the said paper. It her a while to perfectly get it, but after a few tries, Cory succeeded in forging te signature of the princess.

She never thought she would actually do something such as this.

Before she can prove the letter to Pawline as a fake, the piece of paper she used emerged a white light, and the spot where the forged signature would have been, burned to nothing. As the white pegasus stared into the now empty piece of paper, she simply sighed and proceeded to pack her things in a small sling bag.

"Hey Cory! Heeeelloooo! You've been gone for a while! You still there? Did being wrong killed you??"

The white pegasus picked up the phone as she placed her bag over her back, under her wings.

"...I'll meet you at the docks..."

And there, the line was cut.

------------------------

The white pegasus landed softly on the wooden floor boards of the dockside, and walked around the place as her head shifted from side to side to look for Pawline. And not even a seconds waste, she was tackled down to te ground by the pony-dog herself.

"Glad you could make it Coryyyy!"

"...Yeah..."

The white pegasus stood up and dusted herself off while the caramel colored pony-dog beside her hopped in excitement.

"...When will the ship be here?..."

"Oh it isnt some boring ship! It's an awesome speedboat! It'll arrive here in a few I think, while we wait, we can always wait for the other winners to get here!"

"...That is, if they believe the letter not be a scam..."

"Right!"

((You guys can come in however you like! :) ))

Sigil receive his letter from a royal whom he had done business with in the past, and would have most likely given it away to any random pony he may have passed in the street had his fellow competitors at a bar meeting not argued the point till they were exhausted. They were probably trying to get him out of the city so that they could catch up on sales and gain the upper hand over the rest but it didn't bothered him, he like to think that maybe underneath all the macho business pony suits they still cared about each other, at lest he knew he did. he had a little fun in his free time, mostly a drink here and there with the odd customer or friend. But never toke time away from the forge, maybe it was time to take up the opportunity and breath some fresh air. thus he closed his workshop, apologized to his customers, said his farewells and made his way to the docks where the invitation directed him.

He wonder among the salty kelp piles and sandy paths, asking the occasional pony for direction until he found the dock that he was to depart from. He wasn't sure about the bouncing pony already waiting there, his shop keeper sense were telling him to stay away but he would not succumb to this feeling and stomped his hoof to wish them away. The other one didn't look so bad, and he no need for them on a holiday where shop keeping is frowned upon.

He trotted closer, getting over his nerves and made himself comfortable while he wait and stared out along the flat horizon of the sea. He had never seen the sea before and it was far more beautiful then he had ever imagined but as his attention was kept on horizon, he watched the fluffy dog pony thing that continually bounced from the corner of his eye.

((You know, I think I'll use Blue and Blood Moon for this. Its been a while since I've used them, and they'd be good here :) ))

Blue Moon's dark blue eyes scanned over the letter. His younger brother, Blood Moon, had apparently found it while digging through the trash that morning.

"It's a scam," he said, giving the letter back to his crimson coloured brother.

"Oh come on! Why would they make a free vacation a scam?" Blood said with a groan.

Blue shrugged. "I dunno. But it has to be if someone just threw it out."

"Yeah, but let's say it wasn't a scam..."

"It's a scam."

"Hypothetically! Hypothetically, if it wasn't a scam! Would you go?"

Blue thought about it for a moment. The letter did say there would be free food, fun, everything he could want in a vacation. "Yeah, I guess so," he said.

"Then could we at least check it out? I mean, come on! Free vacation! And the boat leaves later today!"

Blue sighed. He knew Blood wasn't going to let this go. "Alright, alright," he said. "But you owe me candy if it really is a scam."

Blood grinned, his bat wings fluttering in excitement! "Deal!" he said. "Let me go pack my things!"

"Blood, we have no things."

The younger aerion giggled. "Oh yeah! Right. Well then, let's go big bro! Hey that rhymed! I think I know where the dock is!" he said, and flew off.

Blue sighed, rolling his eyes. "Sometimes I wonder about you..." he muttered, spreading his own bat wings and following him.

---

When they arrived at the dock, Blood immediately went other to the other ponies that were already there. "Hiya! Are you here for the free vacation too?" he asked excitedly.

Blue landed behind him, rolling his eyes but not saying anything. Just let him have his fun... he figured.

Dandelion Fluff had never been on a ship before, or anywhere in or above the ocean. It was kind of scary, the possible idea of being stranded out in the middle of a giant pool of sharks and other dangerous creatures. Her wings would probably get too wet to fly her out. Perishing the thought, the pegasus shook her in denial of such a thing and double checked that she had everything needed for the travel. Snack foods, some bits, warm clothing, and of course the invitation letter. It was all there placed in an organized way in the two yellow bags hung over her flank. Now there was just the wait for the ship to eventually arrive. Dandelion steadied her breathing, thinking positive things to settle the nervous quivering in her legs. She sat herself down on the dock nearest to the land that she would dearly miss for a while, observing who else was on the dock to occupy herself. Not many, but at least she wasn't supposedly the only one given this invitation. Why would Celestia choose her of all ponies, anyway? For a vacation? Nothing seemed too special about herself, not that she wasn't self-confident, but she was just some mare who sold flower arrangements. One of hundreds.

Parry pushed his way through the crowd to get around the docking area where it was not so crowded and double checked his suit case and his backpack "good to get back out at sea" Parry mumbled to himself and took in a whiff of the salty sea air he enjoyed the sea as much as he enjoyed Ice cream and sword fighting, even more than Buck Horrnis. He leaned against his suit case and pulled his hat over his eyes, he would nap until it was time to board....

Somewhere on a 100 yards from a beach, lives an old unicorn, he's commonly known as Gruff, but his real name is Gemini Mojo.

A mailmare comes by and places a letter in his mailbox at the front of his lawn. She then flies off, eating a muffin.

Gruff noticed the mail came by, and harumphed.

"Great," He said blandly, "I so desperately need another bill... LIFE WOULDN'T BE COMPLETE WITHOUT IT!!!" He then shouted.

He troddled slowly to the mailbox, thinking how much he has to pay now for keeping his house. He's about >THIS< close to snapping if it were more than he guessed.

He opened the mailbox, and then the letter.

It was more than what he guessed.

......... Normally that would be when he would teleport to the nearest tree to shout at it with inexplicable detail. But it wasn't a bill. It was an invitation for a vacation... a free vacation!

"Well, well..." He said to himself, "What's the catch?"

He saw nothing ordinary about a free vacation, there must've been a catch to this. He was going to prepare himself for the worst.

"Oh well, I might as well go." Gruff said to himself, again. "No use staying here in this old dump anyway! Let's get ready, Gruff!"

He prepared himself and set off to the location to be picked up at the appropriate time. What he saw, was dissappointment. Ponies.

"I hate ponies..." He said grumbling to himself, "Bah... humbug."

Cory, getting extremely annoyed by Pawline's blabbering about how excited she is, the white pegasus decided to take it low and sat down, she looked around, and one by one, she saw ponies and what not arrive. She was a little surprised to be honest. She didnt expect a lot of ponies to actually believe the letter. But then again, the number of ponies that was present in the dock was evidence enough.

She would let her red and blue hues stare and examine a pony, and a few minutes later would move on to the next. If she examines closely, she can managed to tell herself that this is going to be an interesting vacation due to all the odd and unique ponies about. But then Pawline started talking. Not to the white pegasus, but to a bat pony. One that is as hyperactive as Pawline herself.

"Yeeepededo! Hey! If you're asking that question, does that mean you're going to that vacation too?! Awesome! We'll be Vacation buddies! I'm Pawline! What's your name new vacation-buddy?" The pony-dog would exclaim happily with a welcoming grin.

​The white pegasus would hang her head low in embarrassment. Who calls a stranger a freaking 'Vacation Buddy?!" for all she knows, he might be an ax-murderer! But we are talking about Pawline. So, enough said about that. As she raised her head again, she would eye a pony that staring upon the endless horizon. His coat was ash gray and he seems interesting enough. But what intrigued her was how he would look at Pawlly every once in a while. Well, since she's a pony-dog, getting weird looks was normal, but something seems different about him. And before she could go up to him and ask, a horn intruded the salty air of the docks.

It wasnt just any boat, mind you. It was a fancy, fast looking speedboat. Big enough to fit just the right amount of ponies. As it rested my the end of the board, a unicorn, withered with old age, emerged from the vehicle and called out in an unexpectedly loud voice that clearly didnt suit his appearance.

"Those who has received 'special vacation' letter with ye Princess' herself signature on it, show 'em here!!"

Tons of ponies fell in line, all showing fake letters, but none of them was able to set a hoof on that boat. Cory waited for the bothersome line to clear, before trotting over to the line, bringing both of their letters. She showed them to the old unicorn without a word, and sat down on a comfortable couch-like chair on the edge of the boat. With her's and Pawline's luggage by her back hooves.

"Oh Hey! The boat is here! I bet Cory already signed me up, C'mon! We better go!" Pawline cheered in excitement as she told her new Vacation Buddy the news.

Even though the bat pony was a complete stranger to her, she was a very social pony, so this kinda stuff is very normal to her. Besides, the bat pony seems nice, she bet they would be great friends! Speaking of great friends...The pony dog jumped in the air for a moment and landed right on the bat pony's back. Pawline was very light and small, so somepony carrying her shouldnt be a problem.

"ONWARDS TO A VACATION PARADISE!...Please..." Pawline said cheerfully. She never tried flying before, so this would be a new experience. That is, if her new friend would agree to fly her a short distance to the boat.

Gruff noticed he had the Princess' signature, he approached the rambacious pony, Showed it in his face, and trotted slowly on the boat.

"Going." He said to him. He turned around to all the fakers, raising his hoof and said. "Suck it! Haha!" Then went inside.

Before the loud horn could even emit sound, Dandelion was already waiting up front where the crowd gathered for the boat to settle next to the dock after taking a brief observation of all the unique ponies standing around. The boat was intimidatingly larger than she herself, but it wasn't as nerve racking as being right above the ocean. She could fly herself of course, without the relatively heavy bags rested on her flank. Once the line of scam-attempting ponies dispersed after being denied access to the boat, she tugged the opened letter out from one of her bags and displayed it to the surprisingly loud-voiced unicorn for validation. Being one of the very few being approved, she tucked it back in her bag once her hooves reached the boat's ground. The yellow pegasus swallowed the lump in her throat, taking a long breath before seating herself down on a comfy seat farthest away from the water's edge. If it was set up by the princess herself, surely it was going to be okay. Probably great even! Stop thinking about everything that could go wrong was all she could think to herself, trying to admire the glistening blue surface the ocean had as a distraction before she'd end up fleeing from the boat.

Sigil immediately turn to greet the pair of bat ponies when the younger looking one asked the question about the invitations, but wait. what could he say that could be deemed normal by their standards? he was a bit more odd then then his appearance let on and he didn't want to give it all away just yet or they might avoid him completely, and he didn't feel like being a loner on his holiday. In his hesitation the bouncing dog pony answered, he had never felt so relieved in his life. He had only one method of dealing with the hyperactivity she was displaying, to many questions to quickly confuses him and the constant movement throws him off guard so it is best to wait until they are exhausted and then try conversation. which may or may not be this year.

His eyes tracked further around until they found a very bright yellow mare with matching bags timidly walk toward the docks, now that was someone Sigil felt he could talk to and maybe brighten their day with a warm smile. He faced forward and cleared his throat for his moment of judgement, he wasn't afraid or anything like that just wanted to make a good first impression. While focusing forward he noticed the red and blue hues examining him and his natural reaction was to tilt his head, smile kindly and close his eyes. he held that state for a few good seconds and when he opened his eyes, she had already moved onto the next and a moderately sized boat appear from no where with a unicorn possessing poor pronunciation.

Pirate wanna be, maybe?

Sigil filed into the line like everyone else, but his surprise couldn't be contained when ponies were rejected for having fake invitations. his muzzle scrunched up and his brow dropped into a frown. Did they really think any pony could forge a royal signature and pass undetected or were some of the letters people received a con? What was there to gain from a con like that aside from wasting a pony's time?

His face relaxed and eyes turned suspicious. What if he had received a con letter from the royal on his competitors behalf? it was a dirty trick but it wasn't below them. Pretty harmless and rather meek compared to a few other tricks they knew but it was a good way to get a jump on sales without crippling the other. He shaked his head side to side pretty vigorously to stop thinking, his main seemed to flow like hair even with the metal wiring. If they did pull this on him he'd just go home and open up and the damage would be minimal, which is nothing to go on a rage about but it was something to get a little playful revenge on.

Just as he had started plotting his devilish revenge for the poor sod who dare trick him, he heard 'suck it'... did that pony just provoke the masses because he could step onto the boat? Rather unpleasant to think it was a competition to get aboard but he would rather not dwell and focus more so the uneasy pony from before. He was next to present his letter which was approved and ushered on, now all the planning he had put into revenge would be used for another time. The amount of ponies on board was far fewer then the ones still wondering the docks and quickly found that yellow Pegasus from before and approached slowly to her side with a soft smile. He figured if he could cheer her up, it would be worth the odd glances he was destined to receive.

"Young mare should not fear blue sea. It is only large pond with many fish and tasty kelp. If boat turns over, Sigil will be here to lend helping hoof!" His voice was very deep and rhythmic with a kindful vibe to it.

Of course, Gruff normally wouldn't say such crude things, but he's glad he wasn't pranked on.

There was only one room he could go to sit down, which was with a bunch of other ponies and other kinds of creatures.

He decided it would be best to just sit there and try not to get involved in their conversation, but he looked too obvious to look at and to talk to, so he prepared...

He noticed a yellow Pegasus made who was sitting just across him face to face. Another guy started to talk to her, so, he just listened.

((Blood Moon an ax murderer... hm... XD nah he'd get distracted by something shiny instead))

The younger bat pony, while technically a stallion, grinned like a child. "I'm Blood Moon!" he said. "Scary name I know, but don't worry, Blue says I'm perfectly nice!" Blood didn't really notice until now that the pony he was talking to... was only half pony. "Are you a ponydog? I've never met one of those before! That's awesome!

Meanwhile, Blue was standing a few feet away, watching with interest. It was good Blood would have someone to talk to. Also get him out of his mane for a while. He found himself smiling a little.

Blue had a bag on him, but all it had in it was the letter. But right then, the dark blue pony remembered something. He opened the bag and started digging a little. In one of the inside pockets... there. It was a hooful of bits. He had forgotten he hid those there. Smiling again, Blue walked over to a snack stand nearby and bought some food. Cookies, candy, everything he and his brother loved to eat.

Just as he was walking back, Blue saw the boat. He was impressed, it was fancy. Maybe this wasn't a scam after all.

"Those who has received 'special vacation' letter with ye Princess' herself signature on it, show 'em here!!"

Blue jumped a little at the pony's shouting. And then, seemingly out of nowhere, several other ponies appeared, waving their own letters in the air. But most of them were turned away. Nervous, Blue dug out the letter from his bag. When he looked at it, he noticed something he didn't notice before. Princess Celestia's signature, right there in the bottom corner! Blue trotted up to the unicorn that was accepting the letters and handed the piece of paper to him. Surprisingly, he was accepted. Just as Blue was about to walk on though, he remembered his brother.

"Oh, also..." Blue gestured to Blood behind him, who was still talking with the pony dog cross. "He's with me." The unicorn gave him a suspicious look, but eventually let them on. After all, they were the only bat ponies and they did look similar, despite being opposite colours. "Blood! Let's go!" he shouted.

Blood, still grinning, looked up to see the boat had appeared, and Blue about to get on! "Wait for me- oof!" He felt a bit of weight on his back, and looked to see Pawline right on his back, telling him to go onward. "Okay! Onward we shall go!!" He unfolded his wings, and flew right past Blue onto the boat.

Blue sighed as Blood flew past him with the ponydog. But it was a sigh of happiness. This should be fun. He walked to the nearest seat, which was next to an older looking unicorn. Unlike his brother though, Blue wasn't one to talk to strangers, so he just sat and stared out the window.

Dandelion felt her heart jump in surprise to the voice behind her, and let out a faint gasp. She jerked her head around to see who stood next to her on the docked boat, slightly filled with relief to see only a kind looking stallion. She'd almost instantly noticed the arrangement of metals woven through his coal colored mane. It was a unique choice of fashion, not one she'd seen before, but she seemed to like it a bit. She spoke in a melodious yet cheery voice, which had a fragile tone to it that was not very comparable to her black disheveled mane and cotton-like tail.

"Oh- well thank you for the reassuring words, sir." Her face was plastered with a sheepish but warm smile, showing genuine appreciation and embarrassment due to her being so obviously startled by his strong voice. But with a few seconds to gather her words, the mare introduced herself in a more proper manner.

"The name's Dandelion, Sigil. Pleasure meeting you!"

Parry awoke while he was being carted up the walkway to the ship with all his stuff, aparently he overslept, Parry kind of guessed but anyways he decided to stay with his stuff when it was taken to a room in which he decided to sleep in for a little longer.

He thought he was off to a good start, no one thought he was a changeling as of yet and toke a deep breath of salty air in victory before bowing his head with his hoof on his chest. "Young Dandelion, it is Sigil who finds this most enjoyable..."

As he lifted his head back up he toke the short opportunity to subtly analyze the other passengers who were settling in; no one interested him aside from the non-hyperactive bat pony, the red and blue hues of the dog ponies friend and a old unicorn intently listening in and thought to leave the conversation at that to avoid revealing to much in front of the old unicorn. But he believed that shroud of fear was still surrounding her and continued despite the eavesdropper. He gave the same smile to Dandelion he had given the red blue hues pony, tilting his head with a warm smile and closing his eyes for a few seconds. "Sigil finds fears easily conquered when share with those who listen, Sigil is good listener"

"Just out of curiosity, Sigil..." Gruff said to him, "Why do you say your own name instead of I, me, and myself? Is it just how your kind speak?"

He didn't want to look rude by seemingly eavesdropping, there's no area for privacy in this seating room. So, he decided to ask him. He was just curious.

"That's an interesting..." Dandelion took a moment to recall the words, "..perspective on it." She felt a little enlightened and relieved from the returned smile, something that put off some of the figurative weight on her shoulders. Her iridescent gaze averted towards the unicorn who she figured was just oddly enough watching them. At least she figured if he knew how Sigil spoke in third-pony (I don't even know terms :'D). That was slightly unnerving, but the pegasus kept herself quiet again to politely allow their conversation go on. There was time to talk later anyway while the other loud unicorn searched the docks for any more of the luckily invited ponies. Dandelion felt a bit of sympathy for those who were filled with such disappointment after being denied access on the boat. How fortunate she was, really, invited by the princesses themselves.

Sigil looked over dandelion for a short time until the question was presented and turned his gaze to the old unicorn with a curious look on his face "Sigil's kind?" he had been asked the question about his third-pony speech and choice of words many times, but this was the second time he was thought to be a kin to something aside from his work and frequent study of metals. The first he was thought to be a changeling and after a short time the towns folk had turned on him and he was forced to leave, not a pleasant memory but one he holds on to. His mind opened to the possibility he could've been a different kind of pony to the rest, it would explain his natural understanding of languages, affinity with metal and strange methodology he applied to everything. but no matter how hard he tried to remember his mind drew blanks, nothing before he staggered out of the desert half dead in his colt years.

His eyes had shifted of the the side and had to refocus them to the unicorn before simply shook his head and shrugged with only one hoof "Sigil does not remember younger years for reason unknown, Sigil does not use few more words and feels uncomfortable speaking like normal pony." he felt the movement of his shrug hampered and only then realized he still had his luggage on him. after a few short moments of a small struggle, Sigil managed to release himself from the bags onto the floor with a extremely heavy thud.

"I see..." Gruff said, "Do not misinterpret me, I'm not suspicious of you at all, I've just never seen anyone like you before until now."

So he looked at him further, it appears he wears metal like a regular thing... quite unique.

"... Looks to me you're fond of metalwork, I remember my rough training with my master when I had to learn how to make an obsolete hammer... to just make a excellent hammer in order to join his smithy. Good 15 years it did to me!" He chuckled. Then he felt that heavy thud of his bags. Hefty. "So, did you make it yourself? I love the style... I think it suits you well."

• 2 weeks later...

((WAH!))

The old unicorn emerged from the front, onto everyones view. He cleared his throat for a while, and gave out a smile. He glanced at all the ponies briefly, glancing up at all of them. Scanning at their appearances one by one before finally looking ahead, ready to give out a speech of some sort.

"Aye there, ponies!"

After the said sentence, the old unicorn would chuckle. His horn would glow a deep purple. After a second, his mane and tail would be hugged by the same glow, including his own beard. With a slight tug, both items was ripped off the pony's body. Revealing a slick brown mane and tail. The said unicorn lifted his hoof, and gently wiped his face with it, removing the wrinkles, as if they were only make up.

And instead of a unicorn withered with old age, there stood a young unicorn with a lazy side smile on his face.

"Apologies for that. I always wanted to be a pirate. Almost got you fellow ponies didn't I?" The unicorn said with a strong english accent.

"Anyways, you all may call me Wade. It seems like you lucky individuals were chosen for this once-in-a-lifetime vacation. Amazing, no?"

The white pegasus, Cory, raised a hoof and a voice. Curious about this whole matter

"...Is there a catch to any of this?..."

Pawline's dog ears twitched at the sound of Cory's voice. She let herself down of her new friend and grinned at him in thanks. She raised a dark brown paw at the air and shook it like crazy.

"Oh! Oh! Is this trip gonna take long?"

The young unicorn stared at the white pegasus and the pony-dog and listened intently to their questions. He was the one given this job, he might as well do it properly like anyone else would. He gave out a charming smile when the energetic pony-dog finished her question.

"I'm sorry Miss Cory. But sadly, this vacation has absolutely nothing bad tied to it. This was awarded by the Princess herself! I do believe that alone can be trusted, if I say so myself. And as for the trip, Miss Pawline, It might take a while I have to say, but I can assure you, we wont be meeting any stars on this trip."

He glanced at everyone with soft purple eyes, the same charming smile graced upon his young features.

"Anymore questions?"

Sigil found the unicorns words reassuring and breathed relief, it was good to know that at lest one pony was not suspicious of him. But what pecked his interest and his brow the most was the comment of 15 years smithing, now that is worth some conversation and perhaps some comparison of works. Sure he had made a lot of obsolete hammers in his time but each was a step to developing a new method to which he now commonly practices, but this wasn't the best picture of a smithy. The words suggested the old unicorn could be to old to continue or simply lost interest in the art.

"Sigil thanks compliment. Sigil more than fond of metalwork and yes, Sigil create style after discovering unique magnetic properties in mixed metal. Sigil like to see old unicorn's works sometime." he gave one last look to make sure he wasn't being to judgemental or delusional and brought his hoof to his chin. "Sigil apologises if incorrect but Sigil does not think old unicorn continues working forge. Perhaps kin continue art?"

He noticed the pirate wannabe scanning the passengers and shifted around to give his undivided attention. When the disguise had be revealed all Sigil could do was smile in amusement, he wasn't fooled but it was funny that he picked it. The accent was not recognised by Sigil as he too lifted his hoof above his head. "Sigil wishes to know how lucky ponies selected, Sigil did not sign forms or purchase raffle tickets" even the royal who gave it to him didn't know why he had received it when Sigil questioned him.

Gruff was about to respond, but then the seemingly old seadog revealed himself to be a charming young stallion from Briteighn(Britain for humans), announced congratulations, yaddah-yaddah.

So after Sigil asked him, he responded jokingly, "They probably got tired of working for those rich snobs from Canterlot's aristocracy..."

So, Sigil asked if any kin of his was working after him, he responded,

"No, I have no family of my own, no spouse, no kids, not even a distant cousin... It's hard to explain since it's been so long. I can still work it, I just couldn't make the time anymore for myself... As for my work, I'm afraid I can't show them at this time of year... Bad days happened making them..."

The young stallion would focus on the pony asking the question, and he would not move his orbs from where they stood. His ears would flick as he listened to everything he had said. And afterwards, before he can even give an answer, another pony interfered. He chuckled on it.

"I would like to know myself, Sir Sigil! It was quite a mystery, for we were onky called to set up the boats and the place. It was a sudden surprise if I may say. But my theory would be some kind of randomized pick? It can be anything really!"

Parry approached the gathered Ponies who were discussing something about a sigil or a mystery when he joined the gathering and raised a hoof and asked.

"Uh am I late I have been sleeping for a little while but it seems as though I have missed many things?!"

Parry looked quizzically around at the gathered Ponies he felt like he had no idea what was going on he looked at the scruffy Captain guy and said.

"so where are we headed Sir"

Parry was a little embarrassed he should have not overslept, he had been missing the excitement and he hadn't taken the time to look at the letter until he got up and noticed he was on a cruise vessel which kind of startled him, Parry had produced a letter from his luggage when he had left his room so now when he looked at it he noticed that it could have said where they were headed he moaned and pulled his Slouch (kind of hat) over his face as he sat miserably on the floor of the deck.

"I am so dumb"

He muffled the words from his hat, he should have looked but that should not give him a reason to moan and groan because he was forgetful he did this a lot at home so he stood up and looked at the Captain and said

"Forget what happened there and continue this conversation I just need to catch up on what the heck is going on!"

He stood silently waiting for the conversation to continue again.

Blue's attention turned away from the window seeing that everyone has boarded the ship, including the old unicorn who had collected the letters. Or... what used to be an old unicorn. Seriously, that was all an act? Blue sighed as he started talking, answering some other ponies' questions. He glanced over at Blood, who was sitting not too far away from him, still grinning dumbly with excitement.

"This is exciting, isn't it Bluey?" asked the younger brother.

"Yeah, sure.... and how many times have I told you to not call me Bluey?"

Just then, another pony asked a question, and Blue realized something. Where were they going, anyways?

"...Yeah...." he said in agreement. "I don't remember the letter saying anything about where we were going, did it?"

Archived