The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Aisha watched the battle take a turn for the worse. At least torchwick got out. She stepped back and grabbed her shield. Changing it from mortar mode to shield mode and collapsing it. She placed it away and jogged to the back of the building roof. She jumped down to the fire escape.

Flipping around and grabbing the railing just before swinging and sliding down the next rail to the ground. When she landed she rolled and grunted. The girl began jogging down the street away from the battle and into the city. She would find Silver later.

Silver watched Torchwick make his escape. He moved to grab another spear when he realized he only had one left. 'Better make this count.' He thought to himself aim the spear at the hijacked aircraft's left turbine before jumping off the side of the building. He quickly grabbed the side of and and slowed his fall using white glyphs.

As soon as his feet touched the ground he took off towards Torchwick's closest safehouse. Aisha and him should lay low for the night and get their items later. He hoped Aisha had the same idea to run to the safehouse, he knew she could handle herself but he couldn't help worry about her.

When he arrived to the safehouse he around back and lightly knocked on the back door before whispering a code word. The door opened and silver quickly ducked inside. He exhaled and slupped onto the closest couch.

Midnight could only watch as the red head escaped her, leaving her fuelled by anger. How could she mess that up?! She had him, she could take him, and yet, he got out. She'd failed, again! She punched the ground with her hand, taking a deep breath. How? How had she messed that up that badly?!

Eventaully, she stood up, placing her swords on her hips and looking in the direction of where the sip had flown off. "You...urgh!" She realized yelling out at him wouldn't have any point, and instead, simply glared over in that direction with a single thought. She would have her revenge on him, one way or another...

Tehengu wanted to help with the battle, but his unknown assailant was keeping his attention quite well. He dodged out of the way of the spears, firing off another arrow when he got the chance. Of course, the enemy wasn't there anymore, but he didn't know that.

It became obvious when he caught sight of another spear. It was close, but he managed to avoid the attacks. He looked to try and figure out where that one had come from, and luckily another attack came out that allowed him to pinpoint the attacker. He was going to fire when he caught sight of a figure leaving the building and sliding down the side. He fired, but missed, and the figure soon went out of sight.

The archer sighed to himself as he saw the battle seemed to be over. Great. He moved to the edge of the containers, staying there in case something more happened.

Aisha jogged down the street. Panting softly as she moved to the safehouse down the way. She didn't know the exact spot where it was so she was left walking around and peering around.

"Now if I was a safehouse. Where would i be?" She said to herself as she came to a stop and peered around. "Torch said there were safe places around here but he never told me exactly where." She whispered to herself as she walked along.

"What good is a password without a place to pass?" She thought before turning the corner.

Slash coughed even more as he stood up. He looked sternly at Midnight, but before he could say anything, he noticed something shoot through the air and into the turbine of the airship Andrea was in. "Andrea!" Slash yelled as he bounced off a platform and headed for te airship, shooting rounds behind him to accelerate. "Guys! The airship's been hit!" he yelled as he watched the left turbine burst into flames. "Andrea! Get out of there!"

Silver alternated from looking at the door to looking at the clock. He waited a few more minutes before getting off the couch. 'she should have been here by now.' He said to himself. He made his way to the staircase and started climbing to the roof.

Silver opened the heavy door and stepped onto the safehouse roof. He walked around the edge, scanning the streets for his ally. Normally he didn't care if his allies made it back, but Aisha was different. Instead of everyone else he associated with, she didn't give him the I will stab you in the back vibe. Maybe, he was just a fool to trust mischievous smile.

He finished his lap around the building without success. A glyph appeared as he resummoned his nevermore this time smaller. Icarus landed on Sil's forearm and began nudging his master's face with it's beak. "Not now Icarus. I need you to find Aisha and lead her here." He instructed the bird. The nevermore nodded and flew off his arm into the sky.

Andrea slowly aimed the ships gun at the second ship making sure she was spot on as to not waste any ammo " Just a liiiiittle more. And goodb- " KABOOM! Suddenly Red lights flashed, warning signs went off and the main screen on the dash seemed to show the left thruster was broken. " Oh jeez, as if landing this thing wasn't gonna be hard enough! " Andrea reached for the instruction manual but in the ships now unstable flying condition, the book fell off the dash which she had put it on and tumbled out of...the hatch...that she had...inexplicably left open..." Oh good. That's great. Just kill me now I guess. " Andrea was now terrified. She knew what could happen, fire, ship fuel and falling machinery usually didn't mix, but despite this, Andrea kept her tough exterior on as if to fool herself into believing that she wasn't scared. But for now, that false confidence was all she needed. Andrea reached toward the leaver that had once ascended  ship and- CRASH " SEATBEEEELT! " The ships unstable decent had caused it to collide with a container and collapse sending Andrea from her seat to anywhere but safety. Moments later, Andrea was now in extraordinary pain. As far as she was aware the ship was on the ground and she had survived. It was a miracle. As Andrea began to stir, she placed her hand on her aching forehead which is when she felt a large gash that seemed to have bled a bit more then it should in such a short amount of time, not only that but it seemed to have bled over her left eye meaning that at least for now, she could not open it." This is getting really bad, I've gotta get out of here. "  Andrea attempted to keep her mind calm and her heart rate low, the last thing she needed was more blood loss from the gash on her forehead and god knows where else but as she attempted to prop herself up on her shoulders, Andrea let out a sudden loud painful cry " AH! My arm! I can barely move it...This isn't gonna be easy." Andrea made another attempt but found that she had been drained. the best she could manage to do was to bring herself to a sitting position next to what used to be a wall of the ship. " Guess I'm stuck here... "

" Help. "

Aisha was walking with her hands in her pockets now. She was glancing around and listening to the explosions in the background. She chuckled softly. The police force around here was pitiful in reacting to battles within their walls. This was good.....

Aisha sighed. "Never gonna find this safehouse." She said.

Slash gritted his teeth and shot his rope kunai at the airship and pulled himself towards it. He punched a hole in the ship and used both hands to make it bigger. Jumping into the hole, he immediatly spots Andrea against the wall and runs to her. "Are you okay?!" Slash asked as he tore a piece of his shirt and wraps it around Andrea's head. "Stay concious okay? You're going to be fine" he said as he carries her out of the airship. "The ship's going to blow. Get as far away from the blast as possible" he told his team as he shot his rope kunai onto the wall and pulled Andrea and himself up. At the top of the wall, he could see the police and their cars, trying to calm the confusion among the citizens.

It didn't take Icarus long to find Aisha. She was walking around not too far from the safehouse. The nevermore swooped down landing ontop of her hood. It leaned over to look the Faunus in the eye before flying to the closest street sign. He flew from one street sign to the next, leading Aisha to the building.

Aisha gave a squeak as the evermore landed on her head. She looked at the bird as it looked at her and her eyes widened. "Icarus right? Do you know where silver is?"

When it flew away she walked after it. Her hands still in her pockets as she got closer to the safehouse.

Midnight hadn't even noticed Andrea's ship being hit, the entire time the Faunus was staring out in the direction where the ship had fled. Her mind had a single thing on it, to catch him and get answers. She want...no, needed, to understand. The White Fang would never work with a human, ever. Their entire fight was against humans! So why would they ever recruit one, even as a tool? None of it made sense to her, either something was drastically changing in the Fangs which contradicted their entire exsistance, or....something very bad would be happening.

So lost in her own thoughts, she barely heard Slash's yell to get away from the ship. Turning to face it, she realized the chances of her getting past it and to the others before it blew was slim. Looking in all other directions, the only safe place was...the water. She swore to herself as she rolled forwards into the water, hissing as the cold water splashed over her.

That's right when the jet exploded, thankfully underwater, she was safe from the explosion. She clambered out of the cold water after the explosion, looking out from the dock at the mess. And began walking over to the others, clambering up the buildings till she reached them, still soaking wet.

"...This is just the beginning.."

Andrea was sitting up against the wall with the horrifying knowledge that her body no longer had enough energy to move all that much and was therefore trapped in the ship that was probably going to blow at any moment with her inside it and that even if it didn't, her untreated wounds would most get the job done and finish her off. " 18. Seems kind of young. So many things I didn't get to do...But I guess...ces't la vie... " Tears began to form in Andreas eyes as the reality of the situation began settling in. " I don't want to die... " Suddenly, and precisely on queue, Andrea heard the sound of metal breaking and tearing. Surprised at the sound Andrea looked toward the source of the sound and " Slash!? " She said in a voice that sounded as if she had woken up. Andrea gave herself a quick glance when Slash had asked his question. " Honestly Slash, I don't think I'm gonna be okay. " During this whole event, Andrea had of course been struggling to remain conscious but now it was really starting to get difficult, so much so that she hadn't really noticed that Slash had carried her away from the ship until she heard the ship explode. Andrea, in a moment of fear, turned her gaze toward Slash and said. " Slash, I-I think this is it...I can feel it. Thanks for being so good to me. Oh, and tell the others I say sorry, okay? " Andrea gave Slash a final tearful smile before closing her eyes and losing consciousness. 

"Don't be such a drama queen, you just hit your head. I've already stopped the bleeding from your cut" Slash reassured as he jumped down from the wall. He told the police that they were from beacon academy and that the girl needed medical attention. After handing Andrea to a medic. He shows them their scrolls to confirm their identity before taking a seat to wait for his teammates. "Maybe if I hadn't been so hasty to find him, I wouldn't have endangered the team" Slash sighed. "But it seems like Midnight has connections with them..."

"While I agree we should've taken more time, you are not the only one to make mistakes." Tehengu said as he sat next to Slash. The archer sighed slightly, going over what he saw jumping from the tower. He was going to watch out for those colors.

Despite the problems he had with Andrea, he still hoped she would get out of the infirmary soon. Luckily, the rest of them made it with little to no injury.

"Besides, Slash, it could have gone much worse." He added, looking back at the Faunus. "As for Midnight, she might have reacted as she did due to there being a human with the White Fang."

"That's what puzzles me, Tehengu. The White Fang never really hated humans, they were just an organization to promote Faunus rights. Maybe something changed while I was training in Vacuo" Slash said, scratching his head. He started to cough out blood again, shaking his head at the sight of his stained bandages. This made him remember about the mystery person who attacked him back at the docks. "Hey Tehengu, did you notice someone hiding in the shadows and shooting fireballs at us? The only thing I remember seeing is a light reflect off something in their direction"

Midnight eventually made her way through the docks to where Slash and Tehengu were, she'd seen Andrea handed over, but didn't let it bother her. She still wasn't a fan of her 'teammate' and her mind was already pre-occupied about what she'd just seen. She slumped down on a seat near the boys, listening into their conversation. She'd only managed to hear the last part, about how the White Fang were just 'Pro Faunus'. Seems Slash was out of date.

She shook her head, now wasn't the time to drop it, not at all. Maybe there would be a time where she felt safer to, but surrounded by police and with Andrea in hospital, it was unlikely to be a good idea. Instead, the Faunus brought out her book from her pocket which was zip-locked, and therefore not wet, and started reading.

"Not sure when they changed either, but it appears they have." Tehengu responded, humming slightly to himself. "I was a little busy with my own attacker, he was launching sharpened pipes at me. So, no, I did not see anyone shooting fireballs."

Slash furrowed his eyebrows at the word of another attacker. "The White Fang has some troublesome ninjas that attack is from the shadows." he said, letting his head slump over. "We're probably also in trouble when Ospin finds out about this, right?"

"Most likely." He responded, sighing as well as he looked over at Midnight briefly. She seemed alright, so that was good. He considered talking to her about why she just charged the enemy like that, but he decided to let it go for the moment, and looked back to Slash.

Midnight focussed on her book, but she couldn't not listen to Slash and Tehengu as they chatted away, she didn't care much for the news of a 'shadow attacker', all it did was confirm what they already knew. White Fang. But what caught her the most, was the mention of the Headmaster! She swallowed even though there was nothing to swallow. Would he know about her? Would he force her to talk about them? She hoped not, because if he knew, everyone else would...And that's the LAST thing she wanted to deal with...

Slash looks up as a police officer came up to them and said their headmaster wants to see them as soon as possible. Slash gets up and stretches before looking back at his team. "I'll take full responsibility. I might even get expelled for this" Slash said, walking back to the shuttle airship to Beacon.

It didn't take long for Icarus to lead Aisha to the safehouse. He landed on the windowsill next to the door and began tapping on the window pane.

Silver was back on the couch when the Nevermore tapped on the window. He jumped up and waved away the gaurd who was watching the door. He turned the knob and pulled the heavy door open, allowing Aisha and Icarus to enter before closing the door behind them. When Aisha was inside, Silver placed his hands on her shoulders. "Are you ok!? We're you followed?!" He asked frantically.

Aisha walked into the safehouse and peered around. It looked nice enough! Not a mud hole at any rate but great! Silver was there to greet her and places his hands on her shoulders. She blinked her red eyes and raises her hands up to her hood.

Pulling it down she let her beautiful red Pony ears to appear amongst her silver blue hair. She only smiled and shook her head. "I'm okay!" She said warmly. She then hugged her best friend. "I'm just happy you are safe silv!!" She said warmly.