The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

As Midnight got up, Andrea noticed her eyes. Andrea could see her amber eyes boiling with rage. " Well, at least you're awake now. " She said completely blowing off Midnights attempt at intimidation " Yeah, sure, but you're talking like you could even touch me. I could avoid your hits in my sleep. You know, that thing you're not longer doing. "  Before anything got to out of hand, Slash had stepped between both girls " I wasn't gonna do anything. She's not really worth the effort. " Using that as an out, Andrea made her way back to her bed, sat on it and started getting her gear together.. " Hey, nothing we can really do about that now. " She said in response to Midnights comment. As she continued getting her gear together, She over heard Slash say he was going to the dinning hall. " I'll tag along. Breakfast is overdue

Silver grumbled as she poked his nose before finally waking up. He looked at her and smiled. He liked waking up next to her and he couldn't help but pull her closer.  "I could get used to this." He mumbled. He cuddled her for a few minutes before slowly sitting up and yawning. He looked at the clock and groaned before standing. "We should probably get ready before we report in to Cinder." He said offering her a hand to help her up. "Go take a shower. I'll make us some coffee."

Midnight loved showers, always had. She took her time, longer than was probably socially acceptable, but the faunus didn't care. They'd just have to...deal with it. Deal with who she was, just like she had to now. She exited the bathroom, and would be lying if she wasn't thankful to see Andrea leaving. She'd changed into her usual outfit, long black baggy clothes. Her look, far from a fashion statement, but her own style. She liked it.

She sat herself down on her bed, and lazily spun one of her blades in her hand, and looked over at Tehengu. He was preparing for todays classes wasn't he? Of course he was. He would be a model student, in his own way. Part of her feelings made no sense, he was so...different. In so many ways he was her opposite. A bow to her blade. Kindness to her cynicism. Compassion to her negativity. The ability to see the best in everyone, to her assumption that everyone seeks to abuse me. Human to her Faunus.  And yet...

She shook her head, she couldn't let those emotions distract her from todays self-appointed mission. She wouldn't be going to class today, today was a day for her investigation. While the others are in class, she knew she had to try track down the criminal known as Rowan, try and locate the true origins of those students she'd met yesterday, OR try and find a white fang rally meeting. But before any of that...

"I'm not coming to class today" she informed him as the door shut "I'm beginning my investigation on Rowan. I'll be fine for tonight, I promise, but I can't just sit back doing classwork studying while I know the true threat is out there. I'm not asking you to join me T and i'm not letting you change my mind. I'm going, alone. I need you here, cover me incase the others ask where I've gone. Make something up, I don't really care...but just make sure no one knows what i'm really doing today....P-please"

"Alright then, let's go Andrea" Slash said, leaving the door open for her and closing it. He walked down the hallway and stayed quiet, mentally putting together a list of what he should eat for breakfast. While he was doing that, he was also thinking about ironing his suit later on to get rid of every last wrinkle on it. Slash looked down on his wrists and noticed his gauntlets were on, figuring that he must have unconsciously grabbed them before leaving the room. "Do you think they'll have pudding today since the dance is tonight? It's a shame they only do it once every fortnight" Slash sighed, frowning a little. "...chocolate pud..."

Tehengu didn't really respond to Slash or Andrea leaving aside from giving a nod at Slash that he had heard them. After that, he continued to work, mostly just waiting for Midnight to finish up. When she came out, he looked at her briefly and gave a small smile before finishing his collection and standing up with his bag. That was when she spoke though, making him pause and look at her again, the smile gone.

"You want to start the investigation now? And alone too..." Tehengu said, his gaze remaining steady on her for a bit before he let out a sigh and shook his head a bit. "Fine, I'll cover for you. Just be careful, I don't want them to find your snooping and come after you."

"You at least want to come get breakfast first? I'm sure investigations are easier when you're not hungry." He asked, looking back over at her.

So he was really that against her working solo? She knew that gaze wasn't a welcoming one, but she'd thought maybe he'd trust her to look after herself. She was, however, extremely thankful that he agreed to cover her. She needed today just to get some leads, that's all she was aiming for currently.

"I'll be ok, i'm not going to be digging too much. I just need to learn Romans habits in robberies, plus a few other pieces about Fang movements the past month. When I get a solid lead i'll let you know" there was one more, her investigation on those Dale students, but...they weren't related, yet. No need to worry him more than she already was.

Midnight nodded her head at his offer of food "Yeah i'll come, I won't leave till classes start, that way no one should see me slip out. So no point skipping free food eh?" She quickly grabs a notepad, pen and her book, throwing them into various pockets on her jacket before reaching under her head, snagging her bag and grabbing a handful of spare note-paper, and stuffing it in her pocket, was unaware she'd grabbed a piece of paper that wasn't hers, but placed by Andrea that previous day. The humans 'peace offering'.

Standing up from under the bed, she discarded her jacket, not wanting to carry it, and looked over at T, waiting for him to finish getting ready.

Tehengu nodded to her as he watched her for a moment. He was still worried about her, he knew how personal this investigation was and how emotional she could be at times. As she grabbed her things, he finished his own collecting and picked up his bag. He smiled slightly at her before gesturing towards the door. He was worried about this investigation, but for now he could simply enjoy the meal to come with her.

• Like 1

Midnight finished everything she needed before following Tehengu's gesture, leading the way down to the food hall. She knew, in a way, doing it by herself was foolish, or seen by many. For her, it was standard. Back in the fang, it was her and Grim. And more often, he lead from the front, Midnight worked behind the scenes, information, sabotage, those were her areas of expertise and so she developed an affinity to operating alone. To her, this information scout was no different.

Upon arriving, she got herself toast, jam, milk as well as bacon and some tea, before sitting herself down and slowly starting to eat.

"I'll be fine" she telsl Tehengu when he sits down to try calm him "I've done information runs like this a hundred times before"

Andrea walked down the hall with Slash excited for the breakfast that had been promised to her. The thoughts of various foods drifted in and around her head until Slash mentioned pudding. " Do you really think they'd let us have puddings for breakfast!? " She said, eyes wide open and filled with hope. Hope that quickly deflated when Slash mentioned the dance. " Oh right, the dance. Explains why I felt terribad this morning. "

"I hope they do! I love pudding!" Slash smiled, happy to see Andrea eager for breakfast. That was until he accidentally reminded her about the dance, wishing he could punch himself right then. "Terribad? Is that...even a real word?" he asked, raising an eyebrow as he put his hands behind his head. It looked like Andrea wasn't so keen on going to the dance, guess he's going by himself. It doesn't matter anymore. Though Slash will still be overjoyed if Andrea decided to go with him at the last minute, he'd wouldn't feel disappointed if she said no. 

Arriving at the dinning hall, he looked at the food table and grinned. "Pudding!" Slash yelled as he ran towards the table, piling his tray with pudding before getting another to get a pile of salmon sandwiches.

Aisha gave a happy sigh as he spoke and she sat up. Rubbing her eyes and began to climb off the shield. She would leave it on the floor for now, it wouldn't make any sense picking it up now. Finding her tired feet carrying her to the shower. Closing the door and stepping into the shower. She began washing her long hair when she realized that the only soap and shampoo she had was the very fruity smelling kind. The kind that smelled like fruit pie.

Scrunching her nose at the thought of the smell, she hesitantly poured some into her hands before scrubbing her hair and cleaning herself off. When she was finished she stepped out and dried off. That smell, would be with her all day. Sticking out her tongue in disgust as she then Tied up her mane in its long Ponytail as she always did. Humming a gentle tune along the way.

Her pony ears flicked a bit as they stood proudly on her head. A frown came to her face as she made them boop and twitch each other way cutely. She didn't like them, they made her feel odd.......Made humans make fun of her......

Her hand moved up and she reached behind her ear. Feeling a metalic implant she had installed when she was younger. With a click the small dust fueled machines caused a cloaking field to hide her ears as she folded them to her skull. For once in a while she felt human, It wasn't she hated being a faunus at all.....she just hated being made fun of for it.....

Thats when a gentle brush of her tail on the back of her legs made her jump. Peering back she sighed and tucked it into her towel. She then headed out and to her clothes. Throwing on her armored hoodie and plated jeans. She made sure to tuck her tail away and then grab her shield. With loud clunks she had it folded down and placed it on her back. Securing her strength enhancing gauntlets to each of her arms, She had her loadout done, her stuff secured....and she smelled like Pie!

The spry female headed out to find silver and the promise of coffee he offered.

• Like 1

Tehengu's breakfast consisted of eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee. He sat down next to her after collecting his food, beginning to eat as well. 

"I know... still makes me worry though. I don't like having my friends in danger, especially when I can't do anything about it. It only makes things worse that you're my partner, I care about you more." Tehengu said, sighing a bit and looking over to her. 

• Like 1

Midnight are away, listening to T continue worrying about her. She should have expected it in a way, but she felt like he should be able to trust her. No, it wasn't trust he was having an issue with, he was...worried?

"Well, given what might be coming up T, it's only going to get worse" she says quietly as to not let anyone listen in "Tonight i'll tell you what i'm expecting to happen, or maybe tomorrow, i'll need time to figure out what I learn today to discover what the future plan might be" she informs him. She knew he was valid in his concerns, he'd never seen her do scouting before, this was the first time they'd be splitting up... "I'll keep my scroll on me, just encase something happens, but it shouldn't" she said to calm him down as she continued to eat ravenously.  

• Like 1

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Andrea said " It is when things get this bad. I mean everyone is gonna see my beautiful face in that doofy grandma dress. " She continued to walk down the hall with Slash " What about you? Aren't you nervous? You don't strike me as a cat who attends these things very often. Seems out of your element. "

Tehengu sighed at her as she spoke again. This was happening either way, it seemed. He would still prefer to be with her when she did this, or at least watching over her, but he couldn't. 

"Fine, fine. Just... be careful, alright? I don't want anything to happen to you." He said, looking down at his food and taking another bite. 

"How narcissistic. Plus, I have offered to alter the dress many times." Slash smiled, shaking his head. He was surprised when Andrea asked about how he felt about the dance. "You're not wrong there. The thing is that being a hunter is not a safe job, even if we are only students. To make it worse, the White Fang is acting strange and more violent than when there was a change of leadership. I don't know how long I'll live, but I'd like to die without many regrets." he said, turning to her with a smile. "Of course I'm not going to die yet, I'm not weak and I'm still in top shape"

"Nothing'll happen" She replies casually "It's a basic info scout, nothing too deep. I'm just gunna poke around police records, check the word on the street and check out some old White Fang facilities" 'And try break into the room of those other students and see what I find'

It was far from Midnights first rodeo, so she didn't understand, not entirely, Tehengu's worry. She was a soldier and a soldier took risks in stripe with their mission. That was how it went. You didn't win a war by not doing something when it got risky. You got your head down and fought.  

"Besides" she says as she continues downing her food "I'll have the scroll on me, if something goes wrong, you and the team will know...I promise"

Tehengu simply hummed slightly at her response, continuing to eat. He understood that this was going to happen, and he understood why it had to happen. He liked to think of himself as a soldier, he knew what she was saying. Still though, she was close to him, more than just a partner, so he worried. Was that truly such a bad thing for him to worry about her?

-Time skip to dance-

Slash arrived in the hall with his clean and pressed suit. His hair was still messy as usual since combing it down is a near impossible task, but he still looked presentable. He didn't really wait for his teammates as Midnight and Tehengu are probably going to do their own thing and Andrea might not even be going. "I guess I'll just hang out by the punch bowl" he thought, standing by the table and pouring a glass of punch for himself. 

The days scouting had, mostly, gone to plan. Having left the school that morning, she had headed straight into town and, after a short trip, had a record of Romans trips and raids. It confirmed what she'd suspected, that Roman Torchwick was working for that women. The White Fang had never used dust, not in large large amounts to her knowledge, so this sudden shift is style was all the confirmation the Faunus needed. She picked up a few other bits and pieces such as style of how he raided, what times and generally the locations of his targets, Vale.

After that, she moved onto her next mission, Grim. After several hours, she found what she'd feared of finding. A mark, 3 scratch marks, red ones, on a wall. A sign of the White Fang meeting, she had a day or so until the meeting, white meant on the day, red meant coming. AT least, it did when it came to organising meetings in secret. She scouting trying to locate the meeting spot, and after hours, she had 2 locations drawn up. After that, she'd returned to the school and, by herself, prepared for the dance.

An hour later and she was, well, dressed was the word she used for it.

Her dress was down to her feet, long and a blue that matched her hair with sparkles, almost like stars, scattered throughout it. Her hair was done back in a ponytail, althought she hated having her hair done up and preferred to let it lose, she had to look nice. She hadn't bothered with lip-gloss or any proper make-up, having used a shower to clean herself up.

She let out a sigh. This dance was such a stupid idea. She had a mission, but...just one night wouldn't hurt. After tonight, she'd get on track. The Faunus made her way out towards the hall, and while part of her of her wanted to sneak in, she waited by the door on the inside. It was too cold to wait for Tehengu outside, assuming he was still...interested. She shook her head, she couldn't worry about what that meant. Using it to find a distraction, she walked away from the door and towards a balcony, taking a deep breath and staring at the peaceful night sky. She smiled up at the stars, and shook her head as it dawned on her how stupid she'd look.

Because, years ago, she'd done this very thing, stare up into the sky with peace written on her face and, in her innocent mind, she'd wondered if the stars could smile back...

"The stars gaze upon us, for all we know, that's is where we will end up" she muttered softly to herself

Tehengu hadn't seen Midnight since she left, and she hadn't contacted him at all... either she was alright or something happened before she could send anything. He hoped she was alright, he really hoped that. 

The archer headed towards the dance, feeling no small amount of awkwardness wearing a suit like this. He was usually in combat gear or just relaxing clothes, it had been a while since he had needed to be remotely fancy. In any case, he made it to the door and headed inside, his eye scanning the room. Slash was by the punch, Andrea was nowhere to be seen, but where was Midnight? He eventually spotted her on the balcony and made his way over to her, looking up at the sky for a moment before speaking. 

"Pretty cool stars." He said, not sure where that was supposed to go. "You look nice in that." He added, offering her a bit of a smile. 

Midnight had been so focused on the stars shining above her that she hadn't heard Tehengu approaching her, instead the Faunus was simply daydreaming. Her mind wandering around and was taken aback by the seemingly instant arrival of Tehengu. She turned away from the balcony to smile over at him, still leaning against it.

The Faunus opened her mouth to speak, but found herself lost for words looking at Tehengu in a suit. Part of it was because it was, different to his usual style. And he looked handsome in it, not blow away attractive that she'd been the victim of once before, but she would lie to herself and say it wasn't a pleasant sight. She felt her cheeks burn, not much, bit it was...there.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" she asked, looking up at the stars, her brain skipping over his compliment much like how it skipped over words when she was flustered "I used to love the night, still do, back in the camps i'd just stare up at it and I found it...reassuring" she admitted, trying to 'open up' to Tehengu "I guess it's childish, but there are so many stars up there. I wonder if there is someone out there staring up just like me, and how i'd like to meet them someday..." she let a sad huff out "Before I had to fight that was"

• Like 1

Tehengu saw the slight blush on her features, and a bit of a blush came to his face as well. When she spoke, he turned his gaze back to the sky as he listened. 

"No, I don't think that's childish. It just shows we're not alone." He said, looking over at her. "Even if there is nothing out there among the stars, there are still people right here on this planet looking at the same sky as us."

Silver returned to the room, their coffee in hand. "Hey." He said as handed her a coffee. He placed his coffee on the table and gathered up his suit. "Ok let's get this over with." he groaned, first the uniform, now a tux?! He groaned again and entered the bathroom. He turned on the shower and turned the temperature to as low as it could be set. He felt the shower till it was cold enough.

Silver made quick work of cleaning himself. He dried himself off and pulled on the suit pants before looking at the rest of the tux. He groaned again before pulling on the button suit and jacket but he struggled with his bow tie. He sighed and decided to wait on the tie. He pulled on his socks and shoes and exited the bathroom. He picked up his coffee and leaned over carefully as to not to spill any on the white fabric. He took a few more sips before going back to his tie but after a while he looked to Aisha and blushed. "Umm... Aisha? Could you help me?"

The Faunus took a look over at Tehengu, listening to him speak. In a way he was right, even if there wasn't anyone else out there, there were still people on this planet. People, human and faunus alike, that she'd never meet ever. Could that be considered a blessing or a curse? She honestly wasn't sure, and allowed the idea to wander around in her mind for many a minutes before looking over at Tehengu once again.

"C-come on, lets hop back inside, it's a tad cold out here" the Faunus encounrages, true enough that shivers itched through her, the cold of night biting at her bare skin as she walked back in, and on the second floor, looked out at the slow increase of people at the party.

"Part of me says tonight is silly, given what's happening. But, given what I found out today, I would just be waiting" She turned to face him on the balcony, lowering her voice just in case "Torchwick and the White Fang, they're aim is Dust to build an army of some kind i'm certain. There's a meeting in a few days that i'm going to check out, but the rest of my leads...need time"

• Like 1