The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

" It's not narcissism if it's true dear. " She said while running a hand through her lovely pink locks. " And yeah, I know, I know. But you never did anything with it so don't blame it on me. " Andrea bumped Slash. Suddenly, Slash went down a completely different path talking about the inherent risks of being a hunter and the dangers of the Fang. " So going to a dance is on your bucket list? That's pretty sweet actually. Super dorky! But sweet. " Returning his smile Andrea awkwardly bumped him and said. " I'm sure those were the last words of a bunch of people. But you better not die on me. I'm not done with you yet. "

-Time skip to a few hours before the dance- (completely irrelevant to everyone. Just really wanted to write this.)

Andrea walked through the halls of beacon with nothing but a bag containing the abomination she was expected to wear later and a message from her sister that said " Meet me in my room, it's an emergency! (bring your dance clothes) " Now, to anyone else, this would have sounded very suspicious. But Andrea had learned a long time ago to not ask questions when it came to her family.

Arriving in front of her sisters door, Andrea knocked only for the door to creak open revealing a dark room with no light. Something was not right. Slowly and silently activating her wrist blade, Andrea walked into the room ready for a fight " Bee? You there? You okay? Trèfles?" She walked part way into the room when the door suddenly slammed behind her and the lights turned on. Before she could react, Andrea was tackled from behind, restrained, gagged, and blinded with a paper bag.

A few moments later, Andrea was tied to a chair, unable to move, see, or say much of anything. But she could still hear her attackers feet. Trying to remain calm, Andrea began thinking of escape plans. If her Kidnapper thought she was down and out they had another thing coming! That was until the criminal finally spoke. "Cœurs, the time has come. Although, I'm a tad disappointed you didn't put up more of a fight. But I guess that just makes my job a little easier " The Kidnapper then removed the bag from Andreas head " Mmmff? Mmmffmmff! " Beatrice dragged over her table of torture instruments. All those, brushes, crayons, pads, Oh Grimm what is that!? Oh God are those fake Eyelashes!? Andrea desperately tried to cry out for help and to wiggle her way to freedom. But it was all for naught. Beatrice approached, instrument in hand. It was all over for poor little Andrea.

On 10/28/2016 at 5:11 PM, SymphonicFire said:

-Time skip to dance-

Beatrice walked through the doors of the event wearing a modest knee high white dress, matching heels, and very simple make up. She looked around surveying the room and the people before turning around. Noticing that something was missing, she sighed. " I spent 3 hours putting you together. You're coming inside and socializing. " Reaching out and grabbing her little sister by her arm, Beatrice dragged Andrea inside "You wouldn't have wasted the three hours if you'd just not done it...." "I wouldn't have taken me three hours if you'd just stop fighting me." Shoving her little sister further into the main event. " Now go see your friends. And I swear if I see you anywhere near this door. " Beatrice gave Andrea a, blank. Expressionless. Stare before sinking into the crowd.

Andrea was way out of her element. She was pretty far from okay with this. Kidnapping and forced make uping was one thing, but being dragged to a dance? In what she was wearing!? This was gonna be awful and she was gonna be the center of it all. Andrea was already uncomfortable with having to wear her dress and sandals, But add onto that the forest green eyeshadow, the burgundy lipstick and her eyelashes that felt super thick. Andrea Felt the heat rush to her cheeks almost immediately. Guess she didn't need any blush after all. " I-I need to cool off. " Andrea made her way to the punch bowl and attempted to drink herself calm.

• Like 3

Thengu headed back inside with her, keeping his gaze on the crowd below as she spoke of what she planned to do next in her investigation. 

"Hope you weren't planning to go alone to that meeting." He said simply, looking over at her for a moment. He looked back to the crowd before continuing. "If I fire a shot, something's already gone wrong."

It wasn't hard to spot Andrea as she entered the dance, he would recognize the dress anywhere really. The archer smiled at the sight, gesturing at her to try and direct Midnight's gaze over there. 

• Like 1

She had to keep her face stable, because honestly, she hadn't. She had no intention of bringing Tehengu to the simple reason: He was Human. The Faunus would be able to sniff him out, plus there were two meetings. Originally she'd considered getting Slash, but...

Midnight sighs slightly "I was actually, we can scout together, there are two locations the meeting might take place. But you're human T, you enter it, you'll be captured...And i'm not going to let that happen" the girl went silent, her mind whirling over her options. She could take T to scout, but if they caught him...The alternative was Slash, but given getting him involved she'd have to tell him everything...

"We'll discuss it tomorrow" The Faunus finishes, looking at where T was prompting and within seconds, she was grinning madly seeing Andrea. Might Andrea, the cause of so much pain and annoyance, dressed in the most ridiculous green dress she'd ever seen! She placed a hand against her face to stop herself from laughing at the dress.

"Please please, tell me that's for real, that Andrea is Actually wearing that"

• Like 2

Slash was still standing by the punch bowl with his lips pursed. He took a sip from is cup and looked at other people, talking and laughing with each other. "I'll get there some day" he said to himself while fiddling with his cup. He noticed more people coming in and turned his head, seeing Andrea and her sister walk into the room. Slash gulped, stunned at the sight of Andrea in a dress with makeup on her face. He couldn't take his eyes off her, she looked so beautiful in a dress like that. Soon he noticed that Andrea was walking towards him before drinking a glass of punch. "You look exhausted." Slash said, smiling a little as he took another sip from his glass. "To think the night you'd wear a dress would come before the day you burn this one".

Cinder walked down the hallways and opened the door to the room. "It's time" she said, looking a the two teenagers. "You are to give me the signal when everyone is distracted. Do not mess up on such a simple task" she said, inspecting them. "And above all, don't make a scene and don't talk to anyone."

"I didn't expect to be able to infiltrate them. I meant I would come as overwatch, keeping an eye on everything from up in a sniper perch." Tehengu replied, sighing slightly. She hadn't quite understood him...

"As for Andrea, yes she is really wearing that thing. I should know, I picked it out for her." He added, chuckling a bit. 

• Like 1

Midnight seemingly ignored Tehengu's comments about the meetings, rather, focusing on a single thing. Andrea. She turned her head, looking with disbelief, at the archers claim.

"N-no...no way! That's what you picked out for her? Oh, T you're brilliant, holy, this More than makes up for everything she's done against me, oh this is just...picture perfect"

The faunus grinned as she reached for her scroll, before realizing in a dress, she didn't have it "D-damn, I can't even snap a pic of this..."

• Like 2

Professor Oobleck approached the two of them and faced the young man. "Mr Tehengu. I know you are supposed to be having fun right now, but if you would be so kind to help me carry some boxes to the storage room, it would help me finish the job faster" he said, pointing to the stack of boxes next to the stairs. 

While the Professor was asking Tehengu, a familiar looking figure's silhouette, once again lined by the moon's light, stood on the roof of the building next to the hall and looked down at the two of them.

Grim made sure that Midnight saw him before quickly jumping off the roof and landing on the walls. He used his cane to swiftly climb the walls of the building, jumping onto the balcony's ledge and waited for her.

• Like 1

"Oh well, guess you'll just have to remember it." Tehengu said, shrugging a bit in response to her words. He smiled as he watched Andrea move around in her dress, until he heard another voice speak up and ask for his help. "I'll be right back, Midnight. Sorry about this." He said, smiling slightly at her before heading off to help move the boxes.

Five drinks later, Andrea began resenting everyone under 18 that attended beacon " Stupid regular, non offensive punch...." As she stared into the crowd, completely unsure of how to act or what to do, Andrea had not noticed Slash sneak up to her like some kind creeper. When he finally said something, Andrea yelped and practically jumped right out of her dress, good thing her cup was empty. " Jeez! I should tie a bell around your neck. " Looking at him, Andrea had to reluctantly admit(to herself)that Slash cleaned up a lot better then she thought he would. " I-It wasn't exactly by choice.... " She said, quickly turning and facing her sister before looking back at Slash.

• Like 1

Midnight was a tad disappointed hearing she couldn't catch this moment forever, but, it would never be forgotten, even if she couldn't remember the dress, she'd remember the day it happened. She was so enthralled by Andreas suffering that she hadn't noticed the teach approaching, and she would have offered to help, except, that's when she saw it. Ice ran through her, she knew who it was, even without seeing him. That stance belonged to a single person....She saw the shadow move, the balcony?! Was he crazy?! He'll get caught!

"All g-good T, i'll meet y-you downstairs when you finish" She says quickly, trying to get him away from the balcony as soon as possible, before waiting, acting as if she had no where to be, before moving swiftly onto the balcony. That's when she saw...him, and closed the door behind her. If anyone saw him...

That's when she spotted him, and her heart stopped dead in her throat. Despite everything, all that had happened, he was, knock-dead beautiful. He wasn't clean or prim, he looked ruggered, a odd brutishness that Midnight found appealing, although why she didn't understand, it just was what she enjoyed looking at. She swallowed, trying to regain her composure as many emotions ran through her, except fear of death. If he wanted her dead, he'd of done it properly, in a duel. No, she knew him letting her spot him meant this was, different.

She opened her mouth, but didn't know what to say. Should she ask him why he'd risk himself and the Fang leadership to be here tonight, should she argue that she still stands by her decision to protest, to leave, because children didn't deserve to be used as hostages, children were too ignorant to the world. Did she tell him that she still cares for him despite everything? She wasn't sure...

"You're stupid and reckless still" she opted to saying "Months, it's been months since I left the Fang. Why now, why not before I joined this academy?"

• Like 2

"You look beautiful." Grim said, not answering her question. "Impulsive and naive like you were before, but still beautiful. There was not a single day that passes without my heart aching when I think about you". He swiftly jumped off the ledge and slowly walked closer to her, smiling softly as he did. A soft breeze greeted them, circling the two before going off to mind it's own business. He stopped walking towards her when he was less than an foot away from her, slowly raising his hand to caress her soft cat ears, moving down to tangle her hair between his fingers, finally resting his hand on her cheek before speaking again. "My love, was there not a minute when you would think of me, or the White Fang? Was there not a time when you would think about how humans don't understand us? They spit at us, treat us like animals, laugh as they watch us suffer, or have you forgotten?" he said, his voice becoming a little harsher towards the end. He grinned, baring his sharp teeth as he asked Midnight, "Is this the place you really belong? Do you feel like you are saving our race from discrimination here?".

"A bell? I'd like that" Slash said, chuckling a little. He noticed Andrea look at her sister before turning back to him, putting the pieces together in his head. "I see, it must have been torture to you. Well, for what it's worth, I'd say you look beautiful. I-I didn't mean it in a perverted way, just putting that out there since you always think like that" he said, quickly going back to drinking his punch. Ugh, did he just say that? She's definitely going to slap him, he was going to ask her to dance later on too. 

Midnight knew she shouldn’t be listening to him, but the blush that came onto her face hearing him call her beautiful. He’d called her for some time, and each time, she felt the blood rush to her face. She stood her ground against him, watching as he closed in on her. She saw his hand raising towards her, but she didn’t flinch. Instead, the touching of her ears emerged a far from fearful noise from the Faunus, a groan. Then a shiver as his hands moved down through her hair and onto her cheek, staring right into his eyes.

“I…” she glanced away from him, never didn’t move herself out of his grip, his touch, before slowly looking back in his eyes, taking a deep breath “I do Grim, there ain’t a day that goes past that I don’t regret leaving. A-and I still do, b-but, there are other options..” she says weakly “N-not every human looks at us like dirt….” She glances back inside to where she knew Tehengu was “Not every human Grim, the White Fang needs to select their targets, not attack any human we see…”

She knew, in part, that this argument with Grim might be pointless. And she knew why. At the end of the day, he was right and she agreed with him. Despite what the world thought, the Faunus agreed that in order to become even, they had to fight. Peaceful protests and petitions only ever did so little, so when the protests became violent, the rallies became riots and the fang evolved. And she loved it, every second of it. Because humans respected her, they didn’t attack, or throw rocks. And although she was part of Beacon, he was right…Fighting here, wasn’t making Faunus equal to humans….

• Like 2

"Perhaps you're right. After all, we have humans in our ranks too" Grim moving his hand to lift Midnight's chin up. "But I've never heard you say that so confidently before, darling". He moved his face closer to hers, so close until she could see the moon in each of his eyes. "Was it because of..." he moving his lips next to her ear. "...that boy?" Grim whispered, suddenly backing away from her. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, Mister Tehengu? Do you think you can lift three boxes? If we carry all of them we can finish the job in one trip, so after that you'd be able to go back to enjoying yourself!" Professor Oobleck said, picking up three boxes himself and started walking up the stairs.

• Like 1

So...he knew about Tehengu. If she was honest it shouldn't have been too shocking, but the look still passed over her face. She thought she'd been careful, investigating by herself in order to keep him out of Grims eyes, but she'd failed horribly. She swallowed once again as Grim moved close, so close she could see into his eyes, almost feel the warmth from his skin.

She wanted to break away, to yell, to do something...betray Grim again, but she couldn't. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she got him caught, or worse, killed.

"Y-yes, it is. He's shown me there is a chance, a chance that humans can be nice to us. T-that's why I left Grim, not to spite you or us, or everything we'd done! B-but, because we attacked any human, sometimes for no reason...Humans like Tehengu, who don't spit on us, who don't treat us like animals..."

She looked at him dead in the eyes as he had backed away, and even took a step forwards towards him.

"If I could come back, I-I would, but after what we did to that child...A child who didn't have a choice, hadn't picked a side in this war...We attacked like savages Grim, I refused to be apart of that, indiscriminate attacks..."

• Like 1

Aisha took the coffee with a genuine smile after he offered it. The heat had made her hands sting for a slight moment. However the heat became manageable as she sipped on the hot beverage. 

Time passed and he asked her to help with his tie. To which she smiled and stood,setting the cup down as she moved over and helped him. 

"You know I think you should wear suits more often, it gives a mysterious vibe to you." She complimented. The faunus secured his tie and stepped back. Stopping when her wounded leg made a small click. 

Her eyes moved down to it. She winced as she remembered the fight with midnight. The fury, the pain. She was beaten by that cat, it made her self confidence faulter. Now she had to keep this machine on her leg fueled or else she wouldn't be able to move her leg.

Swallowing hard she closed her eyes. Trying to hide her fault in her guise. "We should get ready....." She said softly before walking off. 

----

Aisha had gotten ready for the dance. Having washed herself off, tying her hair in a nice braided ponytail as well as wearing her nice dress. A quaint white dress that wasn't too fancy or too subtle. 

A tickling feeling brushed over her back of her legs. Her pony tail swishing back and forth from under her dress. The girl closed her eyes and revelled in the feeling as she prepared for what was next. 

Cinder came in and gave her orders. Aisha simply clicked her augmentation on her neck. Her long blue and silver tail shrinking to non existence. Her eyes shifting to red as she turned and gave a small nod. 

"Ready when ever you are....." She said keeping her gaze low. 

Andrea had begun picking out a belled collar before Slash even finished his answer. But before she could narrow it down to one, Slash had brought up her violent awful torture. Visibly cringing, Andrea answered " It's worse then you could have ever imagined Slash. " But, despite more or less knowing about Slashs feelings at this point, She was not prepared for what followed. Filling her cup Andrea awkwardly turned her back to Slash to hide her reddening face " W-well you clean up nice too you know. " Andrea slowly shuffled closer to Slash while still refusing to look him in the eyes. She couldn't.

Silver smiled as Aisha helped hm tie the tie. While she did so he couldn't help but notice a sweet scent in the air. 'What is that smell?' He thought to himself before Aishia complimented him. He chuckled. "you really think so?" He asked, despite his loathing of the outfit.

Aisha walked away, bringing the sweet aroma with her as she began to get ready. It wasn't until she came back did Silver notice her tail. He was about to say something but he decided against as she began to get ready for the dance. Silver turned around to give her some privacy. When he looked at her again she was wearing the dress she had shown him earlier. His face grew hot as he saw how she looked. "Wow..." He said in awe. "you look ama..." He began to say but Cinder walked in before he had a chance and began to give them instructions. He sighed and nodded to Cinder. "I actually have a distraction in mind." He said as he stood up. He walked to the door combing his hair with his fingers, freezing them in place with his dust. He stood by the door and waited for Aisha offering her his arm.

----

At the dance Silver stood on the second floor where he could see everyone. Everyone seemed to be having a genuinely good time.He just needed to wait for the best time to spring the distraction.

"...child?" Grim said, furrowing his eyebrows. He suddenly realized what she meant, softening his expression. "I know, back then I was wrong. But I want to show you that I've changed, because I missed you" he said, taking her hands and intertwining his fingers with hers. "You are right, not all humans hate us, but it's not enough to say that we are equal to humans". He let go of her hands and pulled her in for a hug, holding her close to him. "I've changed, my love. Won't you come back so that I can prove it to you? You don't belong here. Make a difference with your family, the White Fang".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks, I did my best to look more presentable" Slash said, smiling as he noticed her moving closer to him. He looked away from his cup and into Andrea's eyes, surprised that their gazes met. "I-I...Andrea..." Slash stuttered, unable to say anything. Why was she looking into his eyes? Why was she moving closer to her? Was...she just teasing him? She didn't want to go with him to the dance, nor has she shown any signs of interest. What's...going on?

Aisha stood there beside silver, up above the crowd. The faunus's red eyes watched the crowd down below. She gently popped her knuckles, it was a sign of unease. What if the distraction didn't fully work? She knew cinder was going off to do her thing at the communication tower however it had to be guarded. 

It was then she realized that cinder was a force unlike any other. She could decimate a whole army with the Powers she aquired. She could decimate entire armies possibly in a wave of leaping flame. 

Aisha recalled her and silver helping cinder aquire said Powers. How she faked falling on her face just so silver could leap in. Then they were stopped before cinder could finish. Perhaps that was for the better??

She exhaled. "Silver? Does your distraction involve me? Because if not I am gonna head down stairs and keep an eye out for any problems." She said. 

Midnight was, shocked. Grim admitting that not all humans were bad, was different than the man she’d left. She allowed him to pull her into the hug, and even slowly hugged him back, tightly against her and closing her eyes. For a moment, she wasn’t at Beacon, but back at the camps, the days when everything was working. And she realized that how much she missed Grim, missed the White Fang…Missed all of it.

“…Prove it to me first…” she whispers softly, still in his embrace “You prove to me that you, and the fang, have changed. Once I see it…I’ll consider coming back, but not until I see, from the outside, that you’ve changed…” She wasn’t sure where to go. Grim, Tehengu, Fang, Beacon. Where did she belong?! She loved Grim, she knew that much, but when he changed, she knew it was, harder to care for him. As for Tehengu, did she love him? She wasn’t sure, but suspected she did. And she shook her head. How could she love both at the same time, despite all their differences?! It wasn’t fair! She opened her eyes and looked up at Grim, and took a deep breath.

“Prove it Grim…Prove to me and the world that what you told me is true, not just a lie” she ordered him. Their relationship had been different to standard, despite all the names he called her, Midnight had never returned it. Never calling him ‘darling’ or ‘love’, because she’d never found the need. He knew she liked him, she didn’t find a need to prove it through words. Part of her begged Grim to be telling the truth, but, if he was, then she realised she’d be stuck at a crossroad, and one that didn’t have a right and a wrong answer…

• Like 1

"I will, but how can I prove it to you, my love? I haven't killed an innocent human since you left, but I cannot prove that. Your words have haunted me, now every time I face an innocent, I can barely lift my weapon." he pulled away from her, still griping tightly onto her arms. "Do really want me to prove it to you? Or do you just want me to stay away from you? Or worse, is it because of that boy?" Grim gritted his teeth and let go of her. 

"Prove it, if I can see it from within Beacon...Then i'll consider coming back..." Midnight watched him separate himself from her, and watched him unmoving "I want my shield back, the one I left behind. And with it, a record of every White Fang attack since I left with information on the victims....A-and Leave Tehengu out of this! He's none of your concern!" her confliction between the males cracked her calmness, causing anger to rise up.

After several more minutes, the door opened and Midnight returned from the balcony, which stood empty behind the girl. She walked down to the first floor and sat herself down, part of her reeling from what had just occurred on the balcony. She rested her hands on her head, scrunching her eyes closed as she tried to process all that had happened already. The deal of information, the promise to consider returning...All of it in part, because of him, and in part, because she knew the only way to gain respect was to fight. Part of her hoped she was wrong, that Grim hadn't changed and his information would be lies, lies she could use against him to prove he was lying! B-but, that would mean fighting him, and she'd only ever run away.

'I can't do this, can I? If I remain with Tehengu and Beacon, it means fighting Grim and my family. Fighting against Faunus who simply want freedom from human oppression! But if she picked Grim, she'd have to fight Tehengu, and possible other humans that didn't treat her like filth. And worse, I love them both. How, why?! I don't want to love both of them! This isn't fair, I didn't choose any of this, why has it picked me!?'

The Faunus's thoughts grew, and she began to feel swept up, helpless with all that was occurring, and the look of distress became plastered on her face, in how she held her head with tense fingers grimacing.  

• Like 1