The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Andrea looked up in Slashs eyes, unsure of what was suppose to be happening. As she looked up at the boy, Andrea could feel the nervousness oozing from him. Suddenly, Andrea had a realization. She turned toward the crowd and blushed, Turning back toward Slash, She chuckled " So, is the part where you ask me to get in there and embarrass myself? "

Silver looked down at the crowd. They had no idea that something nefarious was about to unfold.  He was about to unleash his distraction but Aisha approached him asking where she should be. "No, that should be alr..." he began but stopped as a better idea popped into his head. "actually I have a better idea." He said, suddenly grabbing her hand and pulling her close to him. He wrapped his arm around her waist and held her cheek with the other hand.

Silver looked towards cinder and nodded before he pulled Aisha into a deep embrace and as he did, glyphs began appearing over peoples heads. Mostly over the couples that attended, even over Slash and Andrea, but a few appeared over those sitting on the side of the room, including midnight. Some even appeared over teachers, like Ozpin and Goodwitch as well as Obleck and Port. From the glyphs grew small plants that hung over them. It would take a few seconds but after a bit the plants obviously represented Mistletoe. 

Silver hoped that no one would think to much into the distraction, thinking they might think it was just a romantic gesture for Aisha.

• Like 1

Aisha gave a gasp as he pulled her in close. His strong embrace made her blush hard as well. With a squeak she looked up at the mistletoe and blushed harder just before looking into his eyes. 

The faunus was so distracted by her emotions that they conflicted with her implant in her neck. Her long tail appeared and pushed out of her dress. Flicking around as she blushed even harder, her tail was fully visible. 

Aisha didn't care for the moment and leaned in. Closing  her eyes and kissing him. 

Professor Oobleck quickly carried the boxes to the storage room and waited for the student. "Thank you very much, Mr Tehengu! You may go back to enjoying yourself" he said, nodding before going back to chat with Professor Port.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grim jumped down from the balcony ledge and landed quietly onto the ground. He turned to see a beautiful blonde girl wearing a blue dress that matched the colour of her eyes. "Report" he said, his voice firm and less forgiving. It was as if he was a completely different person, but this was the real Grim. 

"Huh? What about my pay? You promised me!" the girl said, flipping her long hair back. 

"Report, now!" Grim's voice was harsh, unlike the the soft and caring voice he had when he talked to Midnight. He furrowed his eyebrows and tightened his grip around his cane.

"Hmph! Kayden is so mean!" she pouted childishly. Seeing that Grim didn't react, she sighed in defeat and looked at him seriously. "Your ex-partner seems to be very interested in the White Fang, collecting data about our movements. Most of her team seems to know about her relationship with the White Fang, but they don't seem interested in us. The two children that serve our partner don't seem to be very serious about their job, I wonder why Cinder picked them." she said, folding her arms. 

"And what of Jayden?" Grim asked, pulling something out of his coat's pocket. He tossed it at the girl and she caught it, immediately tearing the seal and started eating the shredded dried squid from the package. 

"He's being rather oblivious, not sure if he's doing it on purpose though. He's not as big of a threat as he was before, the human must have gotten to him" the girl said, continuing to eat her snack. "By the way, how was the talk with the girl?"

"She's being stubborn, must be because of that human she is with. It's a wonder why she wants her shield back, she hated using it." Grim said, watching his sister eat her snack. "What a waste, you're going to ruin your figure. Even with that dress, you won't be able to attract men."

"Ha! I'm not wearing this for men. Plus, I'm not even interested in men, you of all people should know that" she said, sticking her tongue out. She turned around and waved before walking back to the hall, still eating her squid.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Only if you want to, I won't force you. " Slash said, looking up at the ceiling in embarrassment. He noticed something strange that made him widen his eyes. It wasn't the mistletoe that concerned him, rather where it was coming from. "Andrea...look".

• Like 1

Tehengu nodded after setting down the boxes, giving a slight sigh before heading back towards the dance. He had no problems with the task, it was more the timing that he had a problem with. Couldn't it have waited until after the dance or something?

When he made it back to the dance, he looked around and eventually found Midnight. He headed towards her, coming to a stop a couple feet away when he saw the icy mistletoe forming above her head. Looking around, they were above many heads. Either this was something the professors had planned, some spontaneous move by a student, or it was some form of distraction. The second option seemed unlikely given how many there were, which left him with only two options. Well, hope for the best, prepare for the worst. 

"I'm back from moving boxes, Midnight." He said to get her attention in case she hadn't noticed him already. "Look at all this mistletoe." He added, coming closer to her with a gentle smile. "You know what these mean, right?" 

While he was approaching, his eye repeatedly moved from her to the icy constructs, hoping she would catch his meaning. When he got close enough, he held out a hand, aiming to pull her into an embrace if she took it. 

Andrea looked down and bit her lip. She couldn't really understand why, but Andrea was legitimately considering his offer. He'd been nothing but kind to her, and she thought it was sweet how he was clearly trying so, so hard to keep his cool. Looking back up, Andrea was about to answer Slash when he suddenly pointed out the things above them. She looked up and immediately blushed. Wait, he can't be thinking.... Taking apeak at his eyes she said. " W-wait, Hold on! I'm not su- " Only after she had looked back up did Andrea notice the Glyph. Realizing that this was probably what Slash was talking about, Andrea began to calm down. " A Schnee? Why would a Schnee attend Beacon? And why would they be so cheasy and out of season? "

• Like 1

Midnight was many things. A proud soldier of the White Fang for many years, a liar, a traitor, a thief, and also very ignorant to many quips of 'normal society'. The girl, so lost in her internal turmoil after her meeting with Grim, hadn't noticed Tehengu approaching until the archer called out her name, and was blissfully unaware of the mistletoe growing above her head, nor its intended purpose.

She looked up, following Tehengu's eyes above her, and her first reaction was to frown. That wasn't there when she sat down! And the, circle above it. She didn't recognize it, being unaware of the Schnee family sembalance. If she had known, she might have hunted them down...

Seeing his hand extended, with some hesitation, she reached out and took it.

"Whats mistletoe...?" The girl asked as she was being lifted out of her seat "A-and whys it growing there? It wasn't when I sat down..."

• Like 1

She didn't even know what it was? Well then... it wasn't like that really mattered. What mattered was how much of it was appearing. 

"It's a plant, usually associated with the winter holidays. The custom is to kiss someone under it, or something like that." Tehengu explained quietly, holding her in his embrace. "Looks like someone is essentially summoning these though."

Midnight kept up with Tehengu, right until he mentioned the custom with it. That's when her heart stopped dead in her chest. Held in his arms, she just stared up at him, lost for words. What could she say? It was far from her first kiss, that belonged to a certain faunus, but...

"S-summoning...?" she asked, partly trying to divert his statement away from the first part. She was, conflicted. She was certain she liked T a lot, maybe even loved him, and she knew she still cared about Grim... Why couldn't she only have one, or both but not at the same time!?

• Like 1

The blush didn't vanish from Midnights face, but what Tehengu said...If this was all just a distraction, then...

That's when the implication hit her, and her cheeks turned bright red! He...did have a valid point, but also that meant...It meant to much. It meant her first kiss to Tehengu, it meant someone wanted a distraction to do something at Beacon! It meant Grim and his allies were on the move, and that meant more than she'd like...

"P-play along? Someone might be breaking into beacon T, surely...."

"I don't know, but something is definitely not right." Slash said, clenching his fist at the word 'Schnee'. It had been a long time since he last heard that name, he had almost forgotten it. It would have been nice if the hatred towards it was forgotten too. 

Slash scanned the room, trying to figure out what was going on. Tehengu and Midnight seem to have noticed, but they don't seem to be doing anything yet. He turned back to Andrea, trying to like nothing is wrong. All Schnees are in Atlas and none of them came to Beacon from Alsius, but why is there one here in Vale? Something was going on and Slash needed to find out what. If this was meant to be a distraction, that would mean that they were being watched by the infiltrator. Slash needed to do this the smart way, but he knew that he wasn't known for being smart. Still, he had an idea and he had to act it quickly. 

He looked into Andrea's eyes, strangely feeling calm and relaxed. Slash put his hand on her lower back and pulled her close to him, using his other hand to part her bangs away from her eyes. "I'm sorry Andrea, but I have to tell you something." he said, leaning in and kissing her. After a few seconds, he pulled away and whispered in her ear, "I'm sure you have figured it out by now, but something weird is going on. I'll need to you play along and go outside to check for anything suspicious while I stay here and look for the Schnee. I'll call you if I find something. I know I could be wrong, but this is too strange."

Silver held Aisha tightly as they kissed. He was 90% enjoying the moment, 9% hoping it worked and 1% hoping that Cinder accidentally got asked to make out with a stranger. after a bit longer he pulled away from Aisha and gave her a smile. As he did, the mistletoe was suddenly sucked into the glyphs and they drifted higher into the air, spinning rapidly as they did so. When the reached the roof the formed into one massive glyph before making a POOF sound and disintegrating into snow. The snow fell gently from the ceiling and it seemed to have no stop but the air remained warm and none of it accumulated on the floor.

Silver smiled at Aisha again before turning to look at the crowd from the balcony. He held her waist and smiled as he watched his handy work. That is when he noticed Aisha's tail and Silver decided to bring it up. "Ummmm... So.... how long have you had a tail?" He asked,before instantly regretting it.

"What can we do? They're probably watching, and we don't know who did this. If we go running off to save the day, they would be ready for us and we have no idea what to expect." Tehengu said, keeping his gaze on her. He secretly hoped that she would kiss him to sell this, but he understood if she didn't. 

And now the glyphs moved up and turned the ice into snow... what was happening here?

Aisha felt her heart flutter and her pony ears bristle. In this moment she felt carefree. His embrace around her felt like walls that could protect her from the world. 

The kiss broke and it was a moment that was lost all too fast. A pang of sadness surfacing in her soul.

She nearly didn't hear his question. However she did and she blushed so hard that you could cook an egg on her cheeks. The beautiful tail of hers swished as her slight embarisment came. 

"Uh...... Um..... Yea I have had one for a while..... I like to hide it because it makes me feel to girly......" She squeaked. 

Her eyes adjusted to the snow falling down around them. "This snow is very pretty.... But you sure this distraction is working?" She whispered. 

He was right, and it utterly pissed Midnight off to no small end. Whoever was making these distractions, assuming Tehengu was right in that assessment of the mistletoe and the marks that summoned them, had a perfect distraction. Who would leave a dance like this? Anyone who did, would be noticed in a heartbeat by the summoner instantly...Was this, no, Grim wouldn't do this, was this that women, or another faction?

Midnight stared up at Tehengu, part of her begging to go and investigate, before stopping herself. If she would leave like this, weaponless and wearing a dress, she'd lose. No, she'd have to give them this round. She silently cursed at herself, they'd won this battle so easily!... She refused to let that happen again.

"Dammit...dammit, they won..." she hissed, anger growing inside of her at her failure "We can't let them...think T think...How can we get out, I I cant, let them beat me...that can't happen this..easy.." Despite staring right at Tehengu, it would be clear to him that the faunus was so obsessed with her new mission to investigate that she'd blocked everything, including him, out of her mind and, in that, was leaning forwards, her, admittantly light, weigh on him.

"Midnight, calm down. Running off like that will not end well. We don't even have our weapons with us." Tehengu said, though it was pretty obvious she wasn't listening anymore. He watched her for a moment before giving a sigh and pulling her in tighter, planting his lips on hers and kissing her gently. 

So lost in her own thoughts, Midnight wasn't even aware that Tehengu was preparing for the kiss until she felt his lips on hers, which dragged her back to the real world, and she felt her heart leap! Slowly she started to return the kiss, one of her arms wrapping around Tehengu's shoulders, the other finding itself curled around the archers back as she closed her eyes.

• Like 1

Tehengu had meant for this to be a quick kiss, but once Midnight started to return it, he lost himself into it as well, grabbing the back of her head and keeping them together as they deepened the kiss. He was really enjoying this. 

Andrea was a tad confused at Slashs reaction toward the mentioning of a Schnee " What're you talking about? It's just a Schnee. A dorky one at that* " She looked around to the spots that Slash was scanning, trying to figure out why he seemed so jumpy " What's your problem? " She said with an uneasy chuckle " You're acting like someone's gonna come in and start stealing your kibbles and bits. I mean, I get it, it's kinda weird, but calm down. Enjoy the night. Enjoy the fact that I'm paying attention to you. " She said, blushing, smiling and unabashedly Indulging her own ego. 

Looking back into Slashs eyes Andrea smiled. She felt nice and calm beforethestorm That was until Slash planted a a hand right on her back and brushed her hair out of her face " Wa- " But before she could protest, Slash had already made his move. After an instant of surprise, Andrea fell into the moment and returned the kiss.

Once Slash pulled away, Andrea surprisingly felt herself wanting. She was barely out of her daze when Slash began whispering in her ear. " O-okay. But I probably shouldn't just leave. If we're being watched, someone just leaving like this would be suspicious. But don't worry, I've got a plan " Pulling away from Slash, Andrea looked toward the table, grab a cup, scooped in some juice and with the most frustrated look she could muster splashed it on Slashs face " What do you mean theirs another women!? You're such a jerk! " Andrea threw the cup at Slash then stormed off toward the the door, making it outside as the snow began to fall.

*(Come at me Puzzle.)

"A plan? What pla-" Slash interrupted himself as Andrea suddenly splash his face with juice. "I hope you're the only woman I'll ever be with, because after such a scene, everyone thinks I'm a two-timer" he thought, wearing a dumbfounded look on his face as he watched Andrea head out of the door. "Ugh, did it have to be juice? It might stain the suit, it's brand new too." Slash sighed, quickly going to the bathroom to wipe it down. Once he was done, he hid himself in the crowd and looked around the room without making himself look suspicious, talking to some of his classmates.

Cinder was outside waiting for the signal from the two teenagers, standing on the roof of the building next to the hall. It was more difficult tonight as the moon was full and the sky was clear, but she wore a mask to make sure that her cover wouldn't be blown if she gets caught. She were behind schedule, figuring that the teenagers must have gotten carried away and forgot to give her the signal. Can they be any more unreliable? 

The Faunus felt Tehengu's hand on the back of her head, holding her into the kiss as her own grip on him tightened slightly, before she slowly dragged herself away, and even taking a step back. She was less certain of herself now than she'd been on the balcony! Before there was a chance he didn't like her, but after that kiss...She would have to make a choice...why?

She looked up at Tehengu, and pushed her worries away. She'd worry about the situation with Grim later, for now...she couldn't give herself one night to enjoy herself.

Tehengu's eye opened as they parted, watching as she took her step back. He moved his hand from the back of her head to gently cup her cheek for a moment before letting it fall. He smiled gently at her before speaking. 

"That... That was nice. I hope you liked it too." He said, his attempt at getting her to focus distracting him a bit too. 

Midnight nodded her head, she wouldn't lie to herself and say he was a fantasic kisser, just...inexperienced and, different to what she was used to. She reached up with her hands, starting to fidget with her hair, uncertain what to say next. What should she say? Talk about Grim, her investigation...? Or just, ignoring it entirely for tonight?

"y-y-yes...I did..."   she answers him quietly, blushing furiously

• Like 1

"That's good..." He said, clasping his hands behind his back. He stood there for a moment, trying to think of what to say to her now. He had never actually gotten this far with a girl before, let alone one he cared about like Midnight. He just didn't want to mess things up between them.