The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Tehengu sat on his bed as they entered the room, setting his bow off to the side before looking over at Midnight. He didn't respond at first to what she asked, simply watching her for a few moments.

"I'm trying to keep myself from being too harsh on you... Besides, like I said earlier, you're not with them anymore." He said, sighing softly as he laid down in his bed too.

Midnight glanced over at Tehengu on his bed, not missing the pause before answering her. Did he really find it that unsettling? Perhaps it was better to just not let him know, to keep it to herself for even longer. Given how he was acting, perhaps it would have been the better option...

"H-har..sh...." she mutters to herself "A-at least...you're still here....that's more than...anyone..." she continues muttering, unsure if he could hear her and at that point, no longer caring if he could "E-everyone else...abandoned me..."

Tehengu frowned at Midnight's next words. Everyone else abandoned her? Sure, she had been a part of the White Fang, but that fact alone wasn't enough of a reason to abandon her. He looked over at Slash as the male spoke, letting Midnight decide if he should leave.

"I'm not going to abandon you, Midnight." He said simply, looking back over at her.

Midnight hadn't heard Slash enter, but sat up in a slight panick as she heard him. How much had he heard? She hoped that he had really had no idea about her, she was struggling to deal with Tehengu knowing about it...the thought of having the others know was too much for her. She lied back down, wrapping herself up in her blanket and going silent, unsure what to even say, but just hoping for now, Tehengu keeps what she'd told him to himself.

Slash frowned at the both of them. Midnight was...clearly hiding something. He couldn't help but be curious about it. He had developed a few theories ever since Midnight's strange behavior during the fight as to what she is keeping secret, but he still needs more evidence. He knew it was rude to poke into other's businesses (and might not like what he finds), but he can't help but feel concerned for Midnight. Tehengu seems to know about it, but that's no surprise since the two of them are partners (maybe more than that). Asking him wouldn't lead to any answers, Slash was sure of that. He'd just have to figure it out himself.

"Umm, okay..." he said as he closed the door. "What am I supposed to do now? I can't go into my room." Slash sighed as he paced infront of the door.

Tehengu watched as Slash left the room, his gaze staying on the door for a few seconds before turning back to Midnight.

"You do know he's not going to let this go. I can tell he knows something's up, and he is probably going to try and find out what." Tehengu said, watching her. "I'm not going to tell him as long as you don't want me to, so don't worry about that, but you should tell him. Things are typically better in the long run if you tell someone instead of waiting until they figure it out themselves."

Midnight slowly upcurled hearing Slash leave as well as Tehengu starting to talk to her. Standing up, she slowly made her way to the door before looking back at him "I...I know he's the leader or whatever, but...I don't want him to know, either of them...n-not yet at least. If they found out on their own, then they'll treat me differently. If I tell them face to face, they'll treat me differently. Everyone does...just for once, I want to be seen as me, not as one of them..." she says, trying and failing to hide the nervousness in her voice before she opened the door to Slash.

"G-get in, it's nothing important...Just a family issue I had..." she lied, moving to the side so Slash could enter the room.

Slash turned around as he heard the door open. "Ah...okay" Slash said to Midnight as he walked into the room and closed the door. "Uh...Andrea is fine. She doesn't have any serious injuries so the doctors are going to let her off soon." he said as he jumped onto his hammock. He didn't feel like talking to the two of them as he needed to think about what Midnight was hiding. It definetly seemed to be more important than family issues. Maybe Midnight was actually a pony that came through a portal and ended up in Remnant.

"As you wish." He replied with a sigh before Midnight opened the door and let Slash back in. He fell silent too, staring up and thinking about what he should do. In reality, he should just act like she had never told him, since it didn't really affect who she was now. Knowing what he did didn't turn Midnight into a bad person, she was still the same person she was yesterday and the day before.

Midnight went back to her bed, staring up at the roof in silence. She could tell Slash had a suspicious something was wrong, thankfully it seems the Professor had kept it secret and now the only person who knew was Tehengu. He suggested letting the others know, but, how could she? She already had an inkling of fear Teh would start acting different around her because of what she'd said. Slash would have to report it in, and Andrea...she'd never hear the end of it if she knew...No, better it remain in the dark shadow of her mind forever then in their minds also. She closed her eyes as she curled up tighter in bed. Why did life have to get so stupidly complicated?

Andrea had just finished putting her clothes back on, and strapping on her equipment. She grabbed her coat and put it on half way, taking one last look at her arm before it would disappear into her coats sleeve. The doctor had given her an arm brace to wear. It was felt weird and it was kind of cumbersome but otherwise it didn't hinder her all that much. She'd been told that she'd only have to wear it for a short time and that afterward her arm would be as good as new. Andrea threw on the rest of her coat and reached for her scroll but stopped suddenly... "UGH! You big dorky IDIOT! You didn't give me your number! " Andrea stuffed her scroll back into her pocket, sighed her way out of the room, and walk back to the team dorm. She stopped at her dorm door and gave one loud Banging knock.

Meanwhile.

"Ok. I'll stay by the door if he tries to bolt." Silver replied to Aisha. Started looking at the books near the door and window shades. He pick up the first book he could grab and began to act like he was reading it. He didn't realize he had picked up a dictionary, he was more focused on Aisha, waiting for their prey to show up.

Slash was about to drift off to sleep until he heard a bang at the door. He lazily opened his eyes and looked down from his hammock. "That must be her" he sighed as he jumped off and softly landed on the floor. Slash opened the door and rubbed his eyes. "Hmmm?" he hummed.

Aisha winked at him before turning around and glancing at all the books as she walked up to the counter. She slowly examined the store and hummed a gentle tune just before looking at a bell on the counter. She reached over and rang it.

"Be right there!" Tuscan called from the back room.

Aisha crosses her arms and shifted her weight. Blinking gently.

Tuscan came out with books to the brim in his hands. Heck the piles were bigger than he was! Aisha's eyebrows rose.

"Welcome to Tuscans book trade. Home to every book under the sun." The large owner said as he tossed the books down and clapped his hands off of dust. He looked to Aisha and smiled. "How may I help you?" He asked before looking over to silver and then back to her with a smile.

She smiled and placed her hands in her pockets. "We are just browsing, right pal?" She asked silver. She then thought of something. "Actually. I was wondering." She said leaning into the counter a bit and resting her elbows on the wood. "Do you have any copies of the thief and the butcher by chance?" She asked as she wiped a little dust of the counter with her finger.

Tuscan smiled. "Why yes we do!" He said happily.

"Yay!" Aisha giggled.

Tuscan opened his hands in a warm gesture. "Would you like a copy?" He asked.

Aisha shook her head. "No! Just wondering....." She said softly. She looked back to silver before humming. "Oh oh! What about......" She said turning around. "Violet's garden? In paperback?" She asked.

Tuscan raised an eyebrow and looked to them both. He was seemingly getting a little bit suspicious.

Silver closed the book with a loud bang. He set it down and picked up another. He continued his charade as Aisha spoke. He watched the bookstore owner smile at Aisha. He didn't like it. He felt the jealousy boil his blood. 'I'm gonna enjoy punching this dude.' He thought as he watched them talk.

Tehengu sighed slightly at the knock on the door, figuring who it was rather easily. Again, it wasn't that he didn't like Andrea, but she was a pain to be with due to her attitude and her pranks. Really, she was not helping their team actually be a team at all. She couldn't be blamed for all of it, but still...

Andrea wore a grumpy face as the door opened, staring right where she imagined Slashs eyes would end up. Andrea was staring daggers at Slash unhappy that he had forgotten to give her his number Or maybe it was just the intensity for the moment to come, but regardless, She felt a passionate betrayal. Andrea opened her right hand and swung it across Slashs face, slapping him. " That's for leaving me in the infirmary with no way of contacting you! "  She then grabbed him by the shirt collar, pulled him down to her level, and kissed him. She held the kiss for about 10 seconds before letting Slash go. " And that's for saving my life... " And walked to her bed  and flopped face first into it " Don't read to deep into that. I just felt like I needed to thank you somehow. "

"Guess you got that too!" Aisha said with a smile. She then tapped her chin. "How about the third crusade?" She asked.

The tension went high in the room. Soon enough though Tuscan spoke. "No I don't have that."

Her eyes widened and she hummed. " you don't? That's odd.... What was the name of the store?"

Tuscan sighed. "Tuscans book trade."

"And what was your motto?"

"Every book under the sun."

"Except the third crusade." Aisha said. With a dissaproving look.

Tuscan watched the two of them. "It's just a saying."

"It's a lie. Lying is a great way to get into trouble." She said waiting for silver to share the Windows. "Your friends at the white fang don't appreciate you lying and snaking around them." She said softly.

Tuscan narrowed his eyes.

"You know who we are?" Aisha asked.

"Yes...." He said.

"And you know what we are here to do?" Aisha asked.

"Yes....." Tuscan growled.

Aisha gave a sly smile. "Are you going to fight back?" She asked.

Dead silence.

A few seconds passed.

"YES!!" Tuscan snarled as he grew very long claws on his hands. He dove over the desk and slashed at Aisha who side stepped him for silver to get a blow in.

Slash still felt alittle sleepy, so he didn't suspect anything when Andrea glared at him. But suddenly, he felt a sting on his left cheek which woke him up. Before he could say anything, he felt a tug on his collar and realized he was being pulled into a kiss. After it, he was speechless since he just received a slap and a kiss out of nowhere from Andrea. He closed he door and turned around with widened eyes. "You know your teammates' numbers were automatically put in your contacts once we finished forming out team? And you didn't have to do that, a verbal thank you would have been fine" he said as he rubbed his cheek.

"Anyways, since the whole team is here (most of which are tucked in bed), I came across the bullitin board on my way back to our room. It looks like we have a dance coming up and teams are required to help decorate and set up the hall. But before any of that, we are going to have a fun day as a team!"

Silver reached for the dimmer switches to the windows. He blacked out the glass so no one could look inside the store while they took care of the puma.

He watched Aisha continue to drill the store owner about the rare books that might not have. She finally reached one in which he replied with a negative. It became obvious that they weren't there for books.

After a bit more talking, and a short pause, Tuscan charged them. Aisha sidestepped his attack, which left him breathless as he continued flying through the air... directly at Silver. Silver clench his fist and began forming ice dust around it. When Tuscan was close enough Silver began winding up a punch, which he landed directly on Tuscan's face.

Tuscan took the hit hard. He cried out as his face hurt and he flew back onto the floor. Aisha snickered and gave a thumbs up before grabbing Tuscan with her strength gauntlets and lifting him up. "Should have just followed the rules!" She said to the hurt male just before throwing him through a bookshelf and leaping at him.

Ts~

Aisha stepped out of the store with a bag of books on her right hip. She smiled at silver as they left and closed the door. "That was fun." She said as she walked with him. "Got some good books out of it too! All hardcover because..... Work" she said.

Silver followed Aisha out of the store. He had one of Tuscan's claws in his hand to give to Cinder, so she knew he was taken care of. He put the claw into his pocket as he followed her. "Anything good to read?" He asked motioned to her bag. "Any... romances?"

She pulled out one and smiled. "One romance and a couple novels. I got some fantasy ones too!" She said warmly as she walked with him. She put it away and felt her stomach rumble. "Can we go eat after we return? Im starving."