The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Midnight, lost in her sleep, missed everything happening around her. Under her bed where she was napping sat the bag that Andrea had used, unmoved, and if the girl was observant, she'd notice the zip hadn't moved an inch from what it had been thrown at the Faunus. Either meaning Midnight was extremely picky about how she closes her bag, or she hadn't opened it in the first place, the latter being the truth.

Tehengu watched Slash work, looking over at Midnight as she was asked about. He didn't answer at first, simply watching her sleep for a few moments before looking back to Slash. 

"She... She has a lot on her mind, most of it she isn't willing to share. I'm trying to help her through it." He said, sighing slightly to himself. 

"Hmm I see" Slash said, nodding his head a couple of times. "Alright then, you're done. I don't need to take this to the machine so it's good to go." Slash smiled as he stood back to look at Tehengu. Slash looked up at the clock and yawned, taking his scroll out of his pocket to check for any new messages. "It looks like the assembly is canceled because the airships from Haven are running late. The updates for the dance are going to be sent by email to everyone in the evening" he said as he looked at this scroll. He looked out of the window and realized that it was already night time, not feeling in the mood to go help with preparing the hall for the dance. "Looks like it's time for our team to go help decorate the hall. Ms Goodwitch is probably going to chew me out if we're not there on time, but by the looks of it, most of us aren't even willing to go and what are you doing Andrea?" Slash had just noticed Andrea inspecting every corner of Midnight's bed. "I'm sure you're old enough to realize that monsters don't hide under beds, so you don't have to check y'know"

Andrea looked and looked for the bag. As she looked, she thought, under the bed! Andrea dropped down to her hands and knees and crawled as silently as she could under her bed. Once she got half way under, she spotted her target and immediately reached for it. But before she could grab it, she heard Slash call out to her. " Gah! Slash! " In a moment of surprise, She jerked up and slammed her head against the bottom of Midnights bed. " OW! " Instantly, Andrea grabbed the back of her head and dragged the rest of herself out from beneath the bed " Ah! Ow, I gotta booboo! " Andrea rubbed the back of her head and looked over at Slash. " What? What did you want? "

Midnight awoke, but not because she wanted to, but because something under her had knocked her up, her eyes quickly opening as she looked around. Slash and Tehengu were standing around, and she felt a wave of head seeing Tehengu all dressed up. Slowly she sat up, and her left hand started to trace her pendant that was still around her neck as she looked around. What was going on?

That's when she heard Andrea, and a small growl escaped her lips. Unaware of the girls recent attempts to make piece, the Faunus still wanted to beat the girl within an inch of her life, and her eyes were slowly drawn to the girl who had been sneaking under her bed. Anger, annoyance and violence gleamed into her eyes as she stared at Andrea, as she pictured several wonderfully painful things she could inflict upon that pest of a human.

• Like 1

"I'm sure you didn't hear anything I said" Slash sighed, shifting his gaze to a very angry and irritated Midnight. Slash shook his head and looked back at Andrea, figuring now was a good time to get her out of the room. "Andrea, a word please" Slash said, pointing at the door. This might not be the right time to do it, but it was worth a shot. He had been putting it off for a long time but it seemed like a good time to finally do it. He gave a small nod in Midnight's direction, hoping that she would forgive Andrea for...what ever she was doing.

Tehengu nodded to Slash, humming slightly at his words about it being time to help decorate for the dance. He looked over at Midnight with those words, his eye narrowing as he spotted Andrea doing something under Midnight's bed. He began to head over, but stopped as Slash spoke up again and caused Andrea to wake Midnight up. He watched as Slash asked Andrea to head out into the hall for a talk, then moved over to his bed and sat down on it.

" Sorry, I was a uh...little busy. "  Looking up at Slash, Andrea noticed his gaze shift toward Midnight. Or at least that's what she thought since she couldn't really bring herself to look at her. Andrea then turned her eyes back toward Slash right as he did and the look he gave her made her physically wince. It was strange, the way Slash was acting was almost intimidating " Y-yes sir-uh Slash... " Andrea made her way out the door and awaited Slash. Hopefully this would be quick, she didn't exactly want to be seen in this dress by more people then she had too.

Midnight kept her glare and cruel thoughts floating, right until her victim was dragged away from her, leaving the Faunus angry without someone to beat up. She looked up at Tehengu as he sat himself on his bed. She lied back down, sighing loudly.

"You know T...I miss when everything was simpler...Back home I didn't have to deal with humans like her, but here, i'm stuck in the same room as her..." She said the word humans as if it was poison on her tongue, something vile she spat out onto the ground.

• Like 1

"I know what you mean." Tehengu replied, sighing slightly. "I don't..." 

He had cut himself off as he registered her other words. He looked over at her, glaring with his eye narrowed dangerously. Had she really just said that?

Midnight looked up at Tehengu, and quickly spotted the glare. A glare that didn't comfort her. Although, she didn't understand why. In her mind, she had said nothing wrong, she had but stated a truth behind humans, and in that moment, forgot that Tehengu was, in himself, a human. She let her past impact her now, and was blind to her offense. And so, seeing herself without having said a negative, she continues to speak.

"I always tried to keep away from them, they always seemed to pick on me, hit me. I never understood why, I still don't...but that's why I joined the Fang...I joined to become equal, but, they never let me"

• Like 2

Aisha exhaled as the burning gaze of cinder left her. She felt like a thousand tons of weight was lifted off her shoulders. She even began to skip! "Cinder scares me quite a bit." She said alloud to no-one in particular. 

She skipped past some people who turned and looked at her funny. Not caring for their strange gazes she shrugged and smiled. 

"Silver I was wondering. Could we actually dance together we the dance? I sorts just want one of those moments with you..... Without the whole having to be evil thing. 

(Btw, we don't have to post about the decorating and can skip to the afternoon of the day of the dance. If no one has anything planned for the period in between now and the dance, we'll skip after finishing up if majority agrees)

Slash watched Andrea walk out of the door and followed her, closing the door behind him. He turned to her and pursed his lips before opening his mouth. "Alright, two things Andrea. Number one: you and Midnight have to stop this...thing that is making you two butt heads at each other. It's not healthy for the team and it definitely won't help us on the battlefield. I'm not saying it's your fault, but it's not Midnight's either". He paused for a second and softened his expression and smiled a little. He didn't know if Andrea was even listening to him, since she isn't exactly on good terms with him either, but it was worth a shot if it means that the gap between the team can be closed. "I know you guys can patch things up, heck, you might even be best friends a month from now. You only have to try, I know you can do it" Slash said, grinning as he ruffled Andrea's hair, even though she'd probably hate it. He took a deep breath before continuing, suddenly finding it hard to look at Andrea in the eyes. "For the second thing, I guess it's probably not a good time to ask now, but I put it off for too long because I thought I knew your answer". He felt his cheeks get red, quickly raising his wrist to cover his face, showing only his eyes and his mouth. "Andrea, would you accompany me to the dance as...my date? I-If you don't want to be my date, then as a friend would be fine..."

"Midnight. Stop. Just stop." Tehengu said, still glaring at her. "Every race has people that are horrible. The humans that discriminate against others, the faunus that think attacking humans is the way to achieve equality, both those groups are horrible."

He stood up after that, walking over to the window and looking out before continuing. 

"You... I thought you were one of the good ones... After that comment though..."

• Like 2

Midnight was shocked. Sitting there on her bed, looking at Tehengu, she couldn't believe...she'd just said that out loud. She realized what she'd done, what'd she'd done to anger Tehengu and, she knew, he had every right to be angry at her. She opened her mouth as he walked to the window, but found herself choking on words. What could she honestly say that'll make it all better? Patch everything up? There wasn't, was there?

That's when he said it, saying he thought she was a good person. With his back turned, she knew he wouldn't see it, but she shook her head. She wasn't, she had been, years and years ago. But that wasn't her anymore, it hadn't been her for a long time. She was, just as he said it...Horrible. She wouldn't change, couldn't change.

"I am who I am" she says softly "Everything that I've done has made me who I am, the good, the bad and the questionable. All I know and have done had made me the way I am..."

Slowly, she sits up, her hand still tracing her pendant to keep herself calm. "I won't apologise for who I am, for what I've done has made me this way...."

She waited until he turned to face her, and as much as she was scared of his reaction, she needed him to know. To know that she had a past, had choices that impacted her, forged her to distrust humans for years, and he couldn't expect her to put it all aside because of what he thought.

"I am who I am. I'd rather be hated as who I am, then loved for who I am not..."

She'd never been good with words, and she hoped those ones would be enough. Enough to show him that she couldn't abandon all she'd become from the Fang.

• Like 2

"I know, the past shapes the present, but the present shapes the future. I believe you could change if you truly wanted to." Tehengu said, sighing before turning back around to face her. "I could never ask anyone to apologize for who they were, and I respect the fact that you would stick to your guns and not pretend to be someone else. You shouldn't change yourself for others, change for your own sake."

He stared at her for a few more seconds before he sighed again, his mind made up. "I cannot make you change, I am aware of that. I am also aware, however, that I do not think we can be anything more than partners and teammates if you are going to continue on this path of hating humans indiscriminately because of the vocal minority. I am not going to change, and neither will you unless you truly want to."

He hated doing this, shutting her out like this, but he couldn't be friends or anything more with someone that hated what he was. It would be a losing battle trying to get her to change if she was not willing to, there would be no point in pursuing that unless she wanted to change.

Midnight stared at him from her bed, and felt...odd. She'd never been in a situation like that, and she truly had no idea how to act. Part of her was thankful that Tehengu wasn't trying to force her to change, he was acknowledging that she was her, and he was him, and not telling her how to live her own life. But, what he said, stuck deep.

In a way, she realized, he was giving her an option, and she found herself stuck. She knew herself, what she'd done and that, Tehengu asking her to stop hating humans was, impossible. She'd spent years loathing them, hating...killing them. She felt her anger peak at his words, calling them a 'vocal minority'. She felt like that was far from the truth, back home everyone had picked on her, made fun of her, beat her up and no one stood up to those humans. Not her parents, no one, except Grim.

When she'd joined the fang, it was a brand new chapter of her life. She didn't have to live afraid, she didn't have to submit to humans. She was fighting back, fighting for those Faunus who felt like they couldn't. And Grim.... She wasn't sure what they were now that she had run away. They'd been the leaders of the Fang, him leading from the front with her at his side, and now, he hated her for betraying....For a child. A human child, crying....

She looked at Tehengu, and knew, already, she couldn't change. She couldn't go back on everything she'd done....right? She liked him, she knew she had probably developed a crush on him given how often her cheeks burned with him around. But now he, HE, was forcing her to choose. Either stop hating humans, or lose her friend, her only friend. And in a moment of clarity and horror, she knew she could do neither.

"I...." she finally spoke as she put her options in front of her. It was Beacon and the Fang....Tehengu or Grim. She had no where else to go. Grim, with his courage, his bravery and caring for his fellow Faunus, willing to risk everything for those he felt deserved equality. Then there was Tehengu, a human, who had, despite it all, seen her as equal. Seen Slash as equal, but staying with him meant dealing with Andea...someone who, in her eyes, loathed Faunus.

"I can't..." she admitted "I can't tell you i'll stop hating them, the humans who made me this way....the humans that treat all Faunus like animals..." she took a deep breath, knowing she had to choose, and whichever she did, would impact her forever. Grim, or Tehengu.

"I'll try....to not hate without reason....I'll try give humans, o-other humans, a chance.." she says, having made up her mind, having picked Tehengu, who say all as equal "I can't promise it'll happen quickly, b-but, I promise i'll try..."

• Like 2

Tehengu stared at her as the room fell into silence. His heart was aching, silently pleading her to change. He had no desire to lose her friendship, no desire to lose whatever it was that drew him to her, but he also had no desire to be with a bigot. Couldn't she see that hating all members of one race is what led to those humans that had tormented her? The archer had to force himself to stay quiet, to let her break the silence with her response.

His heart almost broke when she first spoke, but thankfully she was not done, and in the end had chosen him over her past. He smiled at her after that, giving a nod to her and breathing out a silent sigh of relief.

"I did not ask you to stop hating those that tormented you, I only asked you to stop hating the rest of the human race, the ones that do not care what race you are and only care about who you are." He said, a smile on his face. "I hate those that torment others as well, especially when the torment is about something they cannot control."

Midnight couldn't believe herself, and felt like she would wake up from this to find herself back at the Fang camp, with Grim telling her to prepare for the raid....But she didn't wake up, this was her awake...And it frightened her. She moved herself off her bed, and slowly walked towards Tehengu as he spoke. He, in his eyes, wasn't asking much, but to Midnight, even that small ask was a mountain to climb, to stop her prejudice against humans from showing, to...give them a chance, the chance she'd never been given. She hunted for the words, but none came up. She didn't know what words could be used, and so, she hugged him tightly, resting her head on his chest and was thankful for her hair, as it hid her bright red cheeks from his gaze.

• Like 2

Tehengu watched her approach, not sure what she was planning to do. Thankfully, it turned out to only be a hug, though that also brought red into his cheeks. He blinked a bit before he wrapped his arms around her and returned the hug.

He knew this wasn't going to happen overnight, but he was glad she had decided to at least try to move past her past and stop hating humans for no reason.

Silver relaxed as Cinder left, giving Aisha and him time to themselves. He began to walk heading to the on campus airship port. He chuckled at her comment about Cinder scaring her. "She.... As this.... aura about her." He said in response. He watched Aisha skip as they walked. He couldn't help but watch her rump and blushed slightly. She suddenly stopped and asked a question that sorta caught him off guard. He looked at her then chuckled as he hugged and picked her up. "You shouldn't ask dumb questions." He replied. "I was under the impression that were going together anyway."

Feeling him return the hug, Midnight hugged him tighter. She'd liked hugs, even as an introvert, she'd enjoyed what limited physical contact she had with others. She didn't know what would happen next, but she yawned. But despite the yawn, she kept up the hug and glanced out the window, under T's arm since she was shorter than him. Nighttime...already? She glanced up at him, and part of her wondered if she should tell him...Part of her wanted to get her, emotions, out of her, while another part of her knew that, after their conversation....it would be a bad idea....Plus the firey women...But she waited and refused to end the hug on her end, she was..enjoying the contact.

• Like 1

Grim stood on the roof of a building, his long trench-coat hung loosely on his shoulders and flapped gracefully as the wind blew through him. He clutched his chest as the wind teased him, ruffling his silver hair. This pain in his chest, this feeling of emptiness haunted him ever since he was a child, but it seemed to have changed when his partner left him. This feeling inside him urged him to go after her, but his anger and grief forbade him to do so. Until today, he wasn't able to forgive her betrayal and swore that he will hunt her down personally, but that was until today. 

He jumped from roof to roof, using his nose to follow the sweet scent that would lead him to her. Grim longed to see her, hair as blue as a Gentian, skin as soft as the petals of a rose, eyes the color of the morning sun that slowly peeks above the horizon, burning with the desire to liberate faunus from oppression. Nothing would be better than bringing her back to the White Fang, Grim couldn't afford to lose someone who was so gifted and who shared the same views as he does. 

He landed softly onto the roof of a dorm and came to a halt. He sniffed the air, suddenly glancing at a window with two figured behind it. Grim furrowed his eyebrows as his cane unfolded into his halberd. The window had framed a sight that slowly wrapped it's fingers around his neck and squeezed tighter with every time he blinked. He just stood there, the white light of the moon outlined his silhouette as he felt the clouds in his eyes. "How disappointing my dear. This scene has my heart in the grip of my grief, digging deeper into its tissues with every passing second. This is what you give me after all we have been through? I refuse to let you do this to me and yourself". From his coat he pulled out an orange rose, watching it wilt and crumple as soon as the wind took it from his hand. "The flames of your desire and passion have been suppressed by that human, I've never thought that you would show such weakness to a human like that. Worry not, for I will return and end what ever delusion you are having" Grim smirked, disappearing as the wind picked at the petals of the wilted rose. 

• Like 1

Aisha watched him as he responded. A swelling in her heart came that she couldn't really explain other than the seed of love he planted in her heart. It was sprouting and growing within her every day. Her thoughts were derailed when he picked her up. A pet peeve that she didn't like but when he did it,it made her laugh and squeak.

"Silver!!!" She laughed as she was held and carried along. They passed several people who have them happy looks before continuing on. 

Andrea waited outside the room, more or less ready for what Slash was gonna talk to her about. " Can today just be over please? " she said to herself.

When Slash had finally exited the room, he turned toward her and made a face, ' Oh boy, here we go.' She thought to herself. Slash then started on about how the whatever was happening between her and Midnight needed to end and how he wasn't blaming anyone. ' Yeah, that's why you're was talking to me and not Midnight, right? Gimmie a break. ' " Well, It's not really my problem anymore. I put up my offer. She just didn't seem to take to it all that well though. So if she's still got beef, talk to her about it. " Andrea looked back up at Slashs face. Something about the way he was looking at her made uneasy, made her feel out of her element. But then he back to talking about Midnight. " Yeah, I don't think that's gonna be happening. She's just way to pig headed for that. " She said while patting her(Already disheveled) Hair back to the way it was.

" Well, If you've got nothing else to say. " Andrea made her way toward the door but right as she placed her hand on the knob Slash spoke up. A date huh? A smirk began to form on Andreas face. This could be good. " I'll think about it. " Andrea swung the door open and walked back into the room.