The World of Remnant (Closed)

SymphonicFire

Silver blushed at his stupidity but shook his head and looked around it seemed that most of guests were distracted. "I'll be back. I'm going to go signal Cider." He said to Aisha before turning around and heading towards the balcony. He was outside when he heard the voice of a girl yelling at someone. He turned to see the Andrea girl leave the ball. 'crap. I'll have to deal with that.' He thought to himself. 

Silver went onto the balcony and made sure he was alone before activating his ear piece. "coast is clear. But one of the students caught her boyfriend cheating on her and she stormed out. How should we proceed?"

Midnight took a deep breath, and her mind said that to dance. Not only would it be enjoyable to have a dance, after their kiss, She opened her mouth to make the suggestion, but that's when, it occurred. Midnight looked over to see the altercation between Andrea and Slash! And her mouth dropped to the floor.

"W-what the...?" The faunus looked at Slash, then at Andrea who stormed her way out, then back at Tehengu finally "W-what just happened between them...? S-should we....?"

"No... no, I don't think we should. Either those two need space, or that was so Andrea could get out of here without too much suspicion." Tehengu said, the event reminding him of the possible danger of the night. "You could follow her, just do it while crying and make sure to slap me first."

He really didn't want to get slapped by her, but this was more important than that, they had to make sure nothing happened. 

Midnight raised an eyebrow at Tehengu. First at his idea, which she disregarded. She wouldn't hurt him, even if it was to 'act' the part. She couldn't do that. She also couldn't try on demand, she was far from a good actress...But, part of her distress was real, she'd, read a certain thing today and, now, alone with Andrea, was a better time than any...

"You go tell that jerk off!" She didn't yell, and it came off as more snobbish than she'd intended, but hopefully it caused enough of a scene as she gave Tehengu a light shove, before moving (As quick as she could given her dress) towards the door, trying to follow Andrea and even calling out the girls name to try and find her...Hopefully, looking like a concerned friend, not a suspicious tracker...

• Like 2

Well, he supposed that could work too. Tehengu watched her go for a moment, then headed towards Slash, grabbing his arm and trying to drag him off to 'tell him off' like Midnight had said. He didn't leave the building, simply aiming to push him against an unoccupied wall. 

"I take it that was an act? Any idea how we could join them? Or do you think we should stay behind?" He asked quietly to the male. 

Andrea walked away from the hall doors and began looking around for anything suspicious. But before she could really get a good look around, she heard someone call out her name. As Andrea turned back around toward the stranger, Andrea resumed the act and started grumbling about how stupid Slash was, and how she hated him, and his other women. Looking back toward the door, Andrea spotted Midnight, remaining in her act, she sighed and said " Greeeeeeeaaaaat exactly who I wanted to see. " Once Midnight had made her way out of the dance hall, Andrea stormed around outside, seemingly randomly, but with the intent of putting herself between Midnight and the door so that she could look at Midnight and the outside of the hall without looking to suspicious.

Slash was still mingling until he was grabbed by the arm and pulled away. "Yes, but we shouldn't join them. If whoever is creating the distraction sees us joining up as a group, they would get suspicious. For now we need to let the girls handle the outside while we try to find the infiltrator as inconspicuously as possible." Slash whispered, trying to look like he's struggling under Tehengu's grip. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Leave her be, I doubt she'd be able to do anything that would endanger the mission" Cinder said, looking around before she got up and ran across the roof, heading towards the communication tower. 

• Like 2

Silver nodded and went back into the ballroom and took his place next to Aisha. "Everything is in motion now all we have to do is keep watch over the students and teachers, giving her updates as the night continues." He Whispered to her quietly. He looked down into the crowd, watching them dance as the snow fell gently around them. Silver sighed and soon became bored before looking at Aisha. He blushed suddenly when a thought entered his head. He extended his hand to her. "Would you care to dance?"

"Right. Makes sense." Tehengu said, shaking him to stop the struggling. He fell silent for a moment, trying to look like he was glaring at Slash. 

"Sorry about this." He said just before slamming him into the wall and storming off like he was angry about what they said to each other. After that, his gaze moved over the crowd, attempting to figure out who it was that had summoned the stuff. He had a few suspects by the time he made it to a wall to lean against, but he couldn't be sure yet. 

• Like 1

Midnight didn’t take too long to spot Andrea, the girl wasn’t really that stealthy if she was going to be completely honest with herself. Although, it didn’t seem Andrea was too happy to see her, but she made her way over to the girl, and soon found herself, looking inside the hall? She hadn’t noticed it, but yet, it slowly dawned on her that Andrea was smarter than she looked. She’d managed to position herself to look around, and disguise it as her talking. Midnight smiled softly.

“Nice start, presume you’re suspicious too huh?” the faunus kept her voice down, low enough those in the hall wouldn’t be able to hear her, only Andrea “L-listen…Andrea, a-about before” Midnight took a deep breath, she felt partly awkward saying this, mostly because they’d both been less than kind to the other. Ordinarily, she’d never interact with a person like that again, so confronting her left an odd taste in her mouth, one she wish she hadn’t tasted.

As Slash was slammed against the wall, he winced so that the infiltrator would think he's physically weak. Once Tehengu was gone, he straightened his jacket and flattened the wrinkles before going back to look for the infiltrator. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellie had returned to the hall and continued eating her squid as she walked around. She was daydreaming until she bumped into a man (Tehengu) who seemed to be scanning the crowd as he leaned against the wall. "Oof! Hey, don't just stand there." Ellie said, recognizing the man as one of the members of Team SAMT. She put more squid in her mouth as she studied his behavior.

" Suspicious!? Yeah! I guess I should have been! But nooooo, I had to fall for a filthy two timer. " Andrea backed herself into the wall, slumped down and let out a sad and desperate sigh. Andrea looked toward Midnight, eyes aimed slightly to the side. What might look like drama to some, Was actually Andrea keeping watch. " Midnight, why are boys terrible? " She let out another sigh before being caught a little off guard by Midnights words." Before? What do you mean? "

Andrea, stood, looked at Midnight and cocked an eyebrow but before she could pursue the matter further. she heard the velvety sounds of the devil herself. " I thought I told you to stay away from the doors. " Uh oh... Andrea turned around and met the dreaded deadpan head on " Uh, uh, um, I-um But you also told me to see my friends! And here she is! My good friend. Midnight. " She said, presenting Midnight as if she were some kind of trophy on a shelf. " Mhmm sure, is that why you came out first and alone? Hello again, by the way. " Beatrice said turning toward Midnight and waving. Andrea backed away from the two girls and toward the hall when she said " Oh! You both know each other already. Would be rude of me to interrupt-"

In the middle of her excuse, Andrea had noticed something in the corner of her eye. Turning her gaze to look at it, Andrea noticed a women running across the rooftop. " -A party crasher... " she said pointing as subtly as she could.

Aisha stood there rubbing her arm as he left to go signal cinder. She took this lovely to leave over to the table of punch to get a sip to quench her thirst. That's when she saw the quarrel tapering off and silver speaking into the earpiece. 

When cinder said not to pursue she frowned a bit. She knew this team was sneaky as a dire wolf in the night and there could always be done underlying motives to what they did. 

"I honestly think that's a bad idea to let them go.... They more than likely are doing something that's more than seen." She said to cinder and silver. 

She sipped her drink. Rubbing her leg where midnight's blade had damaged it. "Sneaky sneaky girl." She mumbled as she downed the last of her drink and pulled out her small novel she was reading here and there. 

She read a page or two when silver came back. her eyes moving up to his as he offered a dance. "Of course... How could I say no?" She said as she put the small book away into her dress pocket. 

She took his hand and followed him before placing her hands on him as they began to dance. "I hop cinder knows what she is doing." She whispered as her tail swished back and forth below her dress. 

Midnight was for a while, confused at Andrea. Even not knowing Slash that well, there was little chance he cheated on Andrea for multiple reasons. One being they weren’t a couple, the second being Slash (to her knowledge) knew no one else at Beacon, yet alone a female, and third, he wore himself on his sleeve. So it took her several long moments for it to dawn on her that this was a trick, to let them escape. She had been about to explain she’d read her note, right before a certain sister arrived. The conflict between them, she sat back and watched. She knew that Andrea looked up to her, in her own way.

“Beatrice, it’s fine really…” she’d started to say, to try and defend her teammate, right when Andrea spoke up. Throwing a quick glance over, Midnight felt her head speed up. They were right! All of this, a distraction for an infiltration mission! With Slash and Tehengu trapped inside, it fell, to herself and Andrea to stop her. She looked back at Andrea. “Feel like taking a walk? T-to get over his betrayal…” she offers, a sly smile on her face. It would be a walk, so she wasn’t lying, but it was as good an excuse as any to make it look like she was taking care of her ‘friend’, not two warriors on the warpath.

Aisha couldn't get the feeling dread out of her head. She clicked her earpiece. "Cinder..... You should watch yourself. I think midnight might be onto us..... It's just a feeling...." She said. She knew that girl was very smart. 

Silver smiled as Aisha took his hand and lead her to the dance floor. He placed a hand on her waist and took the lead as they began to dance. He was light on his feet and surprisingly good despite his more muscular size, he could thank all the dance lessons he had before abandoning the Schee family. 

Aisha whispered her concern to him. "Cinder will be fine. She can handle most people and even if she has to retreat as long as she wears her mask she should be fine." He replied trying to comfort her. 

They danced for awhile as the snow fell around them softly. Aisha updated Cinder about the faunas girl causing him to look at the two girls in the doorway. They had a nervous look about them and one seemed to be trying to find an excuse to go outside. "Stop worrying about those two." He said to Aisha. "I doubt two freshmen could handle Cinder even without half of the maiden's power."

Cinder received the message from Aisha, but did not respond. Even if the girl was to spot her, she wouldn't be able to convince anyone to find the spy. Cinder continued to head towards the tower and stopped when she was close to the entrance, hiding behind the roof to scan the entrance. There were a couple of guards in front of the doors, they should be easy to take out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea looked at the other two members of her personal anti party crashing team and smirked. Guess this whole dance thing wasn't gonna be so bad after all. Andrea walked forward and took Midnights hand into her own before continuing forward in the general direction of the party crasher without making much of an attempt at hiding her intentions  " That would be lovely my dear.

Watching the women run across roof tops, Beatrice knew that this could only be bad and lead to worse. She knew that they had to act quickly and find a teacher. Wait a second, where are they going. " Girls, Don't you think that- " Her words for naught though. Andrea was alread y dragging her team mate along leaving herself almost completely open to being spotted. Sighing, Beatrice followed along with the two other girls. " And you're suppose to be the subtle one. "

Midnight had a feeling she knew where this would end, not well...That wasn't going to stop her anyway. She took Andrea hand, and allowed herself to be taken towards the arty crasher, a subtle grin on her face. "Do you have a scroll on you? Something tells me we're going to need our equipment..."

As they walked, Midnight allowed her mind to roam. An infiltraitor now? Was this Grims plan, or someone elses? She wasn't sure, but had a bad feeling she didn't want to know either.

She heard Andrea's sister calling out to them, and laughed softly as Beatrice called Andrea 'subtle'.

"I'm sorry, but Andrea is as subtle as a ton of bricks hitting a grand panio" she comments, relaxed around the pair having learnt what she learn today

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cinder slid down the roof and landed on the ground, keeping her back to the wall as she waited until the coast was clear. She quickly ran towards the entrance of the tower and hid behind a bush. The guards seemed to be chatting, so it would be easy to take them out. Cinder quickly crept up next to then and bashed their heads together before dragging their unconscious bodies into the bushes, taking their key cards before going in.

---------------------------------------

Slash wandered around for a while before going to the bathroom and locking himself in a stall. "I can't believe I just kissed Andrea! And I looked so cool!" He smiled, hugging himself while he replace the scene over and over again in his head. "No, I can't think about this now. I have something I have to do". He pulled out his scroll and opened up the school's website. "If one of the infiltrators is a Schnee, then they must be one of the visiting students!" Slash checked the list of people participating in the tournament and sighed. Even if he ruled out Atlas and Vale, his list of suspects is too long. "I'm getting somewhere though, I'll just question them all!" He said to himself, gritting his teeth and clenching his fist. Finally, a Schnee...

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea continued tailing the party crasher Making very few attempts to remain hidden, and half way listen to the words coming out of Midnights mouth. " My scroll? Does this thing look like it has pockets!? Blame your stupid boyfriend for my lack of equipment. " Beatrice, with a sigh, reached into her breast pocket and retrieved her scroll. " I've got mine. I can cover you for now. " Andrea kept up with Cinder until she slid off the roof, at which point, she finally began employing some mild stealth by peaking beyond from behind the wall of the building. Noticing Cinders actions, Andrea wispered " Wow, this lady means business. " She grinned, " We are totally going in after her. "

As Andrea watched on, Beatrice leaned toward Midnight and said " That's probably because you've not given her a reason to be. "

Tehengu grumbled to himself, not liking having to stay behind while Midnight and Andrea went out there. When the girl bumped into him, he looked over at her and raised an eyebrow. 

"Why? Am I not allowed to lean against a wall that's out of the way? It's not like I was in the middle of a walkway." Tehengu said, going back to scanning the crowd for the culprit. 

"It's a dance! People are meant to mingle around even if they aren't interested in dancing or socializing, but it seems like that is not the case for you. Are you looking for something or someone? I believe I can help." Ellie asked, standing next to the man as she put more squid into her mouth. 

-----------------------------------------------

Cinder continued into the building and went into the elevator, quickly finding a computer after she had arrived at the floor. She plugged in a thumb drive and started working, poking her head up every so often.

"My date left to comfort a friend. I'm just waiting for her to get back." Tehengu replied, watching the crowd. He definitely wasn't going to tell this girl what he was really doing, he didn't even know who she was. 

"I know, I saw. Quite a scene wasn't it? It's as if it came right out of a TV drama. I'm Elizabeth by the way, my team and I are from Vacuo." She smiled. "You're not the only ones who think something weird is going on. I'm sure it is impossible for mistletoe to grow from thin air and there is no such thing as indoor snow."