Pony references in other media

MLP has also been referenced several times on MAD as well, even though it's cancelled now but when it was still on I remember that they referenced it like three or four times on seperate occasions.

And Tara Strong did Twilight's voice there, too. She also did a passable version of Pinkie Pie.

Also, this may not have been much of a stretch or a surprise, considering that both My Little Pony and Littlest Pet Shop are both Hasbro properties animated by the same company, but there was a bit of a cameo appearance in one episode of LPS.

• 2 weeks later...

The video game Borderlands 2 has several references to MLP, especially with a character named Gaige. She has certain skills like Fancy Mathematics, Potent as a Pony, 20% Cooler, Evil Enchantress and The Stare. There is also an unlockable skin called Purple Pandoracorn which references a certain Princess.

In the first Transformers movie, there is a scene where Optimus Prime first lands on Earth and is seen walking through a backyard with a little girl watching. The girl is holding a giant Fluttershy stuffed animal.

In the Transformers movie released this summer, me and my friend went to the cinema, and in the part when the guys in the lab are using the cube to create stuff, on the screen a pony can be seen.

Also in the not-so-popular show Teen Titans GO!, Raven is voiced by Tara Strong, and what's even better is that Raven has a collection of toy ponies, and watches a show about ponies. This is an awesome inside reference by the creators.

You guise, I'm absolutely certain that the character "Q" from the various Star Trek series is a reference to Discord.

Obvious troll is obvious.

But in all seriousness, I see the vaguest things as references to stuff. Same voice actor? Her line is now a reference.

I'm not too good at reference spotting.

But I'm sure Indiana Jones is a reference to Daring Do.

I'll stop now.

In the Transformers movie released this summer, me and my friend went to the cinema, and in the part when the guys in the lab are using the cube to create stuff, on the screen a pony can be seen.

Also in the not-so-popular show Teen Titans GO!, Raven is voiced by Tara Strong, and what's even better is that Raven has a collection of toy ponies, and watches a show about ponies. This is an awesome inside reference by the creators.

The Pretty Pretty Pegasus episode was an even bigger voice actor joke than most realize. At the end of it, Robin asks if anyone wants to watch it, much to Raven's delight. Robin's voice actor played Megan's brother Danny in the G1 My Little Pony cartoon.

• 3 months later...

I don't know if this is true about Tara Strong voice acting Raven for Teen Titans Go!

Look up Tara Strong on imdb.com She is the voice of Raven in both Teen Titans series, the voice of Timmy Turner, and a TON of other famous characters.

• 1 month later...

Archived