Taken Away by Chance, Part 1 (GRAND REOPENING! Recruiting!)

Noedig

Tehengu's gaze snapped to the new arrival, watching her closely as she spoke to Noedig. As the human went into the bathroom, the griffon walked over to the mare, looking down at her for a second before speaking.

"What are you doing? This isn't a good time for civilian interruptions." He said, staring at the pegasus with his good eye.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(( woops sorry))

formosa returned the griffons gaze with one of her own. then she softened and smiled slyly. "i have as much right to be here as you. Ive been allowed access by my father Commander Buck Vixen to train on these grounds. i also read from the library from time to time." formosa said smoothly

"That changes nothing about this. We are in the middle of dealing with a situation, so unless you have some way to be helpful, I don't think we need any more ponies in here at the moment." Tehengu replied, not showing any reaction to the words she had said.

NightMare

XXXXXXXXXXRed Lambet

Twilight SparkleXXXXXXXXXX

Hector Varskie

Even as Kronis grabbed the mare's long neck she did not make a noise, nor did she begin struggling. She continued staring at the human, right in the eyes nonetheless. "If... I had abducted you," She begun with answering his question, "I would not of asked who or what you were... I would of studied you and your kind before taking you away." She said to him, her lips still not moving. It was as if the communication was telepathic, though there were no indications that she was a unicorn. Perhaps it was by a different method. "My name is NightMare. I came up to this mountain top to inspect the strange change in the energy balance; it was as if something new had come to his world, new and powerful. It was then that I found you." She explained to Kronis. She went silent for a moment, closing her eyes even before speaking again. "Anger... that is what I feel from you." She said and slowly opened her eyes again. "Anger towards another living creature." She said to him.

Twilight stood and watched as the group spoke among themselves. Whoever this Kronis character was, he sounded to be very dangerous; and if indeed he was in this world, she would do everything in her power to prevent him from hurting anyone. When the group turned to her to see if they could take a break and think things over, she nodded in agreement. "You are all welcomed to come inside and think of a plan. I, too, will be apart of this. If this Kronis character is as dangerous as you two make him out to be, then it is my duty as princess to make sure that no harm falls upon anypony in Ponyville, or Equestria." She said to them as she led the group into the castle.

Hector had looked around the inside of the structure, seeing that it was mostly comprised of a crystals. 'A building, made out of crystals? It's like something straight out of fantasy. This places holds more magic than I've seen before.' Hector thought to himself. He then looked down at the newest pegasus member who instantly revealed her name as Formosa. "An interesting enterance, to say the least; though it is a pleasure to meet you as well." He said to her. He then raised an eyebrow when Noedig rushed to the restroom and sounded to be messing with everything in there. He wanted to say something towards that, how odd it was and all, but he just shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention towards Tehengu and Formosa as they now seemed to argue. "In all honesty, Tehengu, it doesn't matter at this point weither she is here or not; if Noedig and I's suspecions are true, everyone here will be invovled. Ponies, griffons, everyone on this entire planet." He said to them.

Red gulpped at the image; the entire world in danger? "Is...is he... I mean, how could one creature be that powerful?" He asked Hector.

"I do not know the how, but I know he can. He's... altered; nothing like a normal human at all." Hector said, then chuckled. "But then again, so am I." He then looked down at the group.

Red placed a hoof on his chin as he thought back about something. "You mentioned about a group he was in; the 'Three' if I remember correctly. Is that just the name of the group, or..." Red asked him. Hector shook his head before answering. "The group was named Three because there are only three people in it, to our knowledge. Kronis is the leader, but we do not have any information on the other two." He told them, then started to think, 'Though one does look oddly familiar.'

Hector dispelled the thought from his mind and looked at Twilight. "Princess, do you by chance have a map of this land han-- close by?" He said, cutting himself off as he thought about the phrase he was going to use. Since he was talking to ponies and griffons; 'handy' probably wasn't the best choice of wording. Twilight nodded, then turned to point at the throne room where there were seven chairs and a table in the middle of them. "Yes, that table does hold a map with all of Equestria on it." She explained to him, then walked over to it herself. Hector followed and looked at the table, but it was blank; nothing at all on it. Twilight then placed her hoof on the side of the table and her horn glowed a light purple aura around it. The tabletop itself flash the same colored aura before taking shapes, and then materalizing to show mountains, rivers, plains, forest, and even settlements; the entire Equestria as it is today.

Hector blinked a few times as he watched the map display itself, completely marveled at the sight. "It really is like a fantasy." He said quietly to himself as he looked over the map. He then pointed towards the forest. "There; that's where I found myself in that dense forest." He said, then continued. "And I can safely assume that Noedig appeared near this village... so, more than likely if Kronis is here, he may be around this area." He made a circle motion with his finger around Ponyville and Canterlot. "But where..?"

Red started looking around as if half expecting something to come out. "Say, where is he anyways? Discord I mean." He asked. Twilight was about to answer that, but she then started to think herself. "To be honest, I haven't seen him at all today."

((I know that isn't how the map on the table is going to come up in the new season (However, if it is, that'll be awesome.), but I figured it fits.))

formosa smiled at Hectors intrution on the arguement.  she looked at Tehengu crossed her eyes at him and proceeded to bounce away. She stopped at one of the windows and acted as though she wasnt listening to the conversation

Tehengu grumbled at Hector's intrusion and the mare's subsequent actions. He walked along slowly from the back of the group, stopping around the table as he looked at the map, analyzing it.

"Anger?" He snorted. "For a psychic, you sure don't have a lot to describe..."

He didn't feel any struggle from it, so he dropped the creature and kept walking.

"I'm feeling something that only a man does to a woman when he rapes and kills the one who stabbed him in the back, nearly costing his life..." He droned. "... It's called perverted hatred. So, it's far more complicated than anger, but what do you care?!"

----------

Noedig got out of the bathroom, looking like he wore new clothes and everything.

"Ah, much better..." He said with some relief. He began to catch up with them as they walked. "Anyway... Kronis is not just one super-powered, insane man. He's one of the two super-powered men, the insane version. I'm the other one. The original. I'm the unlucky one. And you have no idea how many unfortunate things have been happening to me for a little over 1,500 yea--" He already said years, but not like he didn't want it to be a secret, he just didn't want them to get confused or worked up about it.

"As I was saying... we're two of a kind: The insane and the unfortunate. As far as I can remember, my parents died before my eyes as they were corroding from acid they were protecting me from. However, the acid's toxins still got to my lungs through breathing. Some doctors were trying to find a way to cure me, but none have found a way except for one banished method. That's all for now, I'll tell you more later."

When Noedig came out of the bathroom in a new outfit, Formosa ran at him. She leaped up onto his shoulder lightly, her wings extended just a bit and standing on the tips of her hooves to stay on. She listened to his story. "I feel ya. My mother was killed by griffons and i live in fear each day for my fathers safety." she said.  She jumped off of his shoulder and looked up him with a small smile. "thats why im not entirely trusting of him." she said pointing a hoof at Tehengu.

Tehengu listened in silence as Noedig and Formosa spoke, the mare revealing that she did not trust him due to a griffon killing her mother in the past. He didn't even look at her, simply analyzing the map as the others spoke.

One guard in the room, while not looking any different from the others, held a secret. In truth, he was a changeling, one put there as a spy of sorts. He stood at attention with all the others, gathering any information he could from the multitude of creatures in the room.

"Well..." He said. "I don't think he's untrustworthy. He's battle-hardened for his many years of soldiering and not heartless to murder."

He grasped on her neck where it doesn't hurt to pull, and put her down. "I'm sorry to hear for the loss of your mother," Noedig said to her, "don't worry about him, he's not your enemy."

Noedig heard and saw what Hector was trying to deduct on where Kronis could be. Noedig doesn't know about being teleported closely with each other, because he would've noticed a faint disturbance of hellish fire in the distance.

He doesn't have an answer for that, who knows what Kronis is doing... or where he is. Noedig is just wondering if there are anymore people here in this magical realm of mythical creatures. He doesn't know for sure. But we know there are four. And here is where she comes in.

----------

The climate is arid, dusty, and gray. No where near hot, yet not even cold. It's just a mild temperature, and the land has a big hint of toxic plants. No one goes here to take shortcuts or to study. All they know is that in these lands, nothing but lizards can survive this atmosphere. Or so they thought, anyway.

Under a dead oak tree, a woman was lying around the tree. Unconscious, like Kronis had been.

She just started to wake up, her head was throbbing. She has no idea what has happened to her.

Her name is Agri Trestor. She is 32 years old.

"Uurgh..." She moaned. "Where... what happened to me?"

She gasped after she asked her self, immediately got up to look around.

As we have already described, that is what she saw.

'Dead trees, arid grounds, lizards crawling, and suspicious plants...' She analyzed. '... This is no place I wanna be in. I gotta find a way out soon. Who dragged me here? I've never seen such a place like this.'

At least nothing was removed from her, she still has her handgun with her. And her daggers. And her kits. An-- 'Seriously, who would kidnap me and still leave my things with me?!' This was too bizarre for her to worry about, so she just walked around until she spotted something towards north... something green with a blueish sky from a long distance, about 50 miles away.

"Not too bad, at least I got some lizards to eat on..." She said.

So, she jogged to her destination, hopefully nothing troubling happens to her along the way.

Who knows? We'll find out...

(( me neither lol but i suppose i could do something))

Formosa felt herself being lifted and then put down on the ground. At Noedigs explanation of Tehengu she looked at the griffon. Her ears flopped against her head and a quizzical look crossed her face. " I'll try to trust him." she said softly and slowly walked over to study the map also. 

NightMare

XXXXXXXXXXRed Lambet

Twilight SparkleXXXXXXXXXX

Hector Varskie

Red nodded towards what Noedig said. "That's right. Plus, if something bad is about to happen, we need to keep our heads on, and band together." He said to them confidently.

Hector didn't pay much attention the the group as they bickered and explained their situations to one another; something else plagued his mind. It was something more specific than just being teleported into this world; but the exact location of where he found himself-- near that castle. He just found it so weird... "That castle, in the forest. Does it hold any significance?" Hector asked the six mares.

They all nodded to him, and Twilight spoke up. "You must be talking about the Castle of the Two Sisters. That was where Princess Celestia and Princess Luna use to live and rule over Equestria before the castle in Canterlot." She explained, then continued. "That was, of course, before the Everfree Forest became as it is now." She added.

Hector looked over and raised an eyebrow. "'As it is now'?" He recited in a question as he now tilted his head some. "Is there something dangerous about it?"

Twilight nodded, but before she could explain more, Red Lambet interjected. "You bet there is! That place is where all vile creatures live; ready to strike and enjoy their next meal! They'll go after anything, especially ponies! I'm sure the bigger ones will try and eat you as well!" He exclaimed to get his point across; but the look on Hector's face was not what he was expecting to see. A grin now streaked across it. "Oh, is that so?" He simply said.

Twilight quickly interjected, seeing a few flaws in Red's explanation. "Not every living thing in that forest is 'vile'; I mean, Zecora lives there, and she's an amazing friend."

Hector sighed as he turned back to the map as the two bickered. "Miss Twilight; this map, it's not portable, is it?" He asked the young mare.

Twilight turned and looked at the map. "No, it's not. I'm sorry." She responded to him. Hector shrugged, then reached into the bag on his back, slowly talking out what seemed like a small sheet of aluminum foil. He began stretching it out, making it wide enough to fit over the map; and then he set it down on top of the table. The sheet began having rigid and creases, but then started to form itself to look like as the map did, even taking the colors.

"Perfect." Hector said as he lifted the sheet back up. It kept all the shapes just as the map has on it. He then started pressing the sheet together, but instead of folding, the sheet became smaller, and smaller until it was small enough to fit into a watch on his wrist. "Now it is portable." He said with a smile. Red looked at the watch with wonder-filled eyes. "W-wait, how did you--?" He cut himself off, not sure how to ask the question, or even what to ask. Hector just looked down at him and grinned softly, then looked up at the rest of the group. "So, have any of you made a plan of attack quiet yet?" He asked them.

Meanwhile, NightMare continued to look upon Kronis as he spoke, focusing on his explanation of his emotions, even as little and shady as it was. "In honesty, I do not have a reason for my intrusive behavior. Count it as my way of trying to dig out the truth. You are... new, and special. It would be a waste not to know about you if you plan on leaving; even if it was just a little bit." She said; slightly revealing her intentions. "Tell me; what shall I know you as?" She asked him.

Tehengu gave a hum as he continued looking over the map and listening to the others. He looked over at Hector as the human approached with a sheet of metal, and the griffon had to wonder what he planned to do with it. Apparently it was to copy the map, and Tehengu raised an eyebrow in surprise as he watched the metal take the shape and color of the map before it. Then, even more surprising, Hector shrunk it down to a much smaller size so he could carry it around.

"That's some impressive gear there, Hector." He said, watching the human from his spot at the map. "What kind of magic is that?"

The strange creature wanted to know Kronis' name. What he replied is true... a name long abandoned, and now revived for this purpose.

"... Fownus Phoelix."

He then wandered off, not caring anymore what it wants. He doesn't care if it wants to use him, because he can tell it can't kill him as calculated as it thinks.

----------

"That's not magic, Tehengu." He said to the griffon.

Hector then asked the group about having some attack plan.

"Why attack when we could be looking for him first?" He suggested. "I can tell you what I know about him and his background as we search for him."

----------

Agri has been traveling for 4 miles so far, and was having only a bit of trouble breathing.

The air was not filthy, but something about it was definitely off. She looked around for anything that could cause some sort of gas secretion.

There was nothing but dried dirt, dead trees, and plants...

'Plants.' She thought. 'I have to make a long-cut path to avoid them, then.'

She tried different routes, it seemed to have worked, but only al ittle. The air was slightly 8% better to breathe. Better than less breathable.

Formosa watched Hector with interest. She looked down at the ribbon tied to her hoof.  It was very long and even reached up around her neck. She looked back up at Hector " I wish mine could do that." she said " the only thing its good formis tying people up and beaten the snot out of em." she smiled. She then turned to Noedig. "He has a point. We cant attack someone we cant see. We need to pinpoint his exact location then hit him. Right now all we have is an educated guess. Why dont we gear up a bit, pack some things, and see what ground we can cover and just kinda scout?" Formosa suggested

Not magic? That didn't make any sense to the griffon as he stood there, looking at Noedig. How else would you get a sheet of metal to do that? He sighed and pushed that out of his mind though, looking back to Hector.

"I agree with them, it would be best to know what to expect before coming up with any plans. Plus, we need to find him, as they said." Tehengu said simply.

The 'guard' watched and listened to what was going on in the room, gathering what information he could while he was there. It seemed there was some form of threat to Equestria... Possibly the whole world, from what he had gathered. If that was true, then this Kronis needed to be stopped. He had to protect the hive. For now though, he simply stood there, the only thing moving being his red eyes as he looked at the occupants of the room.

Archived