Daring Do and the Mane Six! (interest check)

the_mane_six_with_logo_by_deltaraen-d4ki

I would love to get a mane six thread in motion :) Wondering if there would be interest in making this happen? It would be a thread open to the mane six characters of course and also other characters that are cast. I think it would be so fun to have Daring Do sweep into Ponyville and rustle up the help of Twilight and her friends. This of course can be as embellished to add to the awesomeness however we wish considering I'm staging like A.K. is writing it out. She does like to take creative liberties with how the story unfolds. Nothing too drastic of course, but feel free to make this as action packed as you like!

I would like to see an adventure involving a hot air balloon and the land of Saddle Arabia. Seeking out a pyramid or something of the sort. I have more plot ideas but I figured I would see if we could get enough interest first.

So yeah, please post below if you are willing to take one of the mane six spots (of course you may only take one of those spots if you RP one of the mane six). You may also post below if you RP any cast character and would like to be involved.

Apple Jack: SteelEagle
Rarity: Rarity
Fluttershy: Corsair
Twilight:
Rainbow Dash: Bramble Rose
Pinkie Pie:
Spike: Robikku Pegasus

Daring Do: Firefoxx

Big Mac: riverhippo
Derpy Hooves: CaptainMcDerp

A RP with Daring Do?  Well, um, that could be...  nice...  but it sounds kind of... dangerous...  b-but if the rest of the girls are going...

(I'm in for Fluttershy.  Something to keep in mind:  With Steel playing AJ, this RP would have to be in the Omnium Gatherium section.)

I'd be willing to play any size role with Big Mac.  Personally, I don't write well for adventures, but I'm good at tagging along.  I can't imagine Big Mac would go with, but maybe as a setup character or something.

Ok! It looks like we have almost every essential pony and dragon spot filled! I'm glad you guys have shown interest in this thread! So, time to develop some basic plot and get this thing off the ground!

Our adventure could start with the following:

A plague of rainbow colored beetles swarms its way into Ponyville. That's no good for any of the ponies there. The beetles are just a general nuisance. They get in the way, some ponies find them gross, they eat crops, they are just no good for anypony. Although perhaps Fluttershy has an affinity for them? :) Anyway, something has to be done!

Twilight does some research and discovers that there is a mysterious talisman that can control the behavior of insects, especially beetles as it is in the shape of a scarab beetle. It was once owned by an ancient ruling class in the land of Saddle Arabia. The relic was known as the Xunfussa Talisman. The exact location of the talisman is unknown though it has been hunted for years. It is made out of a special gemstone and crafted in an art that has been all but lost to the sands of time.

Rainbow might be the one to suggest that they try to employ the help of one Daring Do to lead them on a quest to find the hidden Xunfussa Talisman!

After gaining the help of the others, including Big Mac possibly, they set out in the hot air balloon to travel to the continent of Saddle Arabia! This will give us a chance to develop the lands of Saddle Arabia and possibly come up with some Saddle Arabian OC's too!

So, what do you guys think? What would you like to add/take away/change?

I still need an explanation of this whole 'fiction' thing you're talking about here.  I do not understand.  This is the third time I'm asking for an explanation.

I'll admit I'm confused on this as well.  Daring do and A.K. Yearling are one in the same, that makes Daring Do real.

This - season 4 confirmed them as one and the same, and that the books are merely writeups of her adventure...she's not JUST writing her adventures, she lives them too.

It wouldn't really change anything for the RP either - so really, I'm not sure why you seem to not be aware of the fact.

I was just meaning I was going to take the tact of AK writing the adventure in my posts. It doesn't mean they didn't really happen. Fictitious is too strong a word... I guess meant we can embellish all we want since AK might exaggerate with the write up of a Daring Do adventure. Sorry that wasn't clear before.

I'm going to change the initial post in this thread and in the IC thread to reflect this... I figured how I wanted it to be out but I didn't get it changed in the posts yet... I'm on my phone right now so I can't edit from here. Later this morning I will make the changes

Archived