Starlit Shimmer needs some friends!

Zeig

As with every new character of mine, there comes an OOC planning thread to establish a few relationships for said character, so they don't start out in WoE not knowing any other playable character. The character this time is: Starlit Shimmer!

As always, these are just ideas, and not the only relationships I'm looking for. Feel free to suggest your own if inspiration strikes.

Foalhood Friend - Nothing like a good 'ol fashioned foal hood friend. Shimmers hails from the richest district of Stalliongrad - she's an heiress of a large fortune and is allowed to use that money pretty much willy-nilly. Her friend most likely comes from that same circle - a privileged pony that's been given free reign over their parents fortune, or perhaps has made a fortune for their own thanks to a great head start in life.

Coltfriend - A stallion that Shimmer is currently dating. I don't imagine them having an actual, 'real love' relationship however. More like, Shimmer dates him because most mares her age date other ponies, not because of any particularly strong or sincere feelings for him, and the same can be true of him (though, we could also work the angle where his feelings are sincere but Shimmer isn't really that involved). Though they do have an amiable relationship, they are simply not "I love you no I love you" with each other. They're dating more to be dating, and if/when they broke up neither would be overly upset about it. This pony will probably need to be in the upper echelon of society, though that's not an exact requirement.

Business Rival - Shimmer doesn't have an official job, but she takes part in her family's business, which is basically comprised of investing in and owning a multitude of businesses. Perhaps she's bumped heads with another competent conglomerate owner over owning the amount of shares in a business, owning the business itself, or basically just competing for the hottest new businesses as they pop up in Stalliongrad, even around Eqestria. The two don't necessarily have to have a negative relationship, even if they are business rivals - they might just see each other as challenges that need to be overcome to get the prize.

Personal Rival - A pony that Shimmer actually hates on a personal level. Shimmer is very concerned with her image and social standing, so another pony that is constantly trying to undermine her place or outshine her would grate on her nerves something fierce. These two would be consciously aware of each other and dislike each other - it wouldn't be a one-sided rivalry. A pony in the same social circle as Shimmer would work best for this relationship, and probably one that shares some of Shimmer's negative qualities.

Posse - A pony or ponies that admire Shimmer and often hang out with her - most probably, they can't or won't see through the shallowness of her personality because of the social standing and flourish she provides them. Classic "rich girl with hang-ons trailing next to her so they can get stuff", or some variation of. Shimmer definitely likes praise and attention, so having a pony or two look up to her and try to emulate her would puff up her ego and feathers. They could be actual friends too, but they probably would have started out with Shimmer keeping them around because of the ego boost.

Just like before, post here or PM me with ideas of your own, or if you're interested in any character of yours filling out one or more of these roles!

Business Rival - Shimmer doesn't have an official job, but she takes part in her family's business, which is basically comprised of investing in and owning a multitude of businesses. Perhaps she's bumped heads with another competent conglomerate owner over owning the amount of shares in a business, owning the business itself, or basically just competing for the hottest new businesses as they pop up in Stalliongrad, even around Eqestria. The two don't necessarily have to have a negative relationship, even if they are business rivals - they might just see each other as challenges that need to be overcome to get the prize.

Exactly what sort of buisiness though? Is she the sort that makes her money off of investments? I.E. Insurance, investing into rising businesses, buying out businesses, banking? And how far does she reach?

If her family grasp reaches far enough, it could actually bump heads with the Nova-House (ran currently by Captain Dutchess Star Breezer), whom has a firm regulation on the economy and practices in Fetloch from the political power. Not to mention she owns a good chunk of the land there. And if she also touches Canterlot, she might butt heads with Voronoi Fractal (JavaSun) if she's after a particular engineering firm, Corona Engineering Firm, who focuses mostly on Airships, but also spans their reaches out  into other services.

She would have to know Snowfall - she is the wealthy CEO and part owner of the successful, multifaceted technology firm Northern Storm Industries, located in Stalliongrad and started by her parents.

She could probably be both a childhood friend and to some extent a business rival.

I know I was thinking of making a character for world of equestria but he is a rough and tough train pony stallion who

goes place to place working with his bare whooves so I don't think they would be great friends. Though I will admit she is an interesting character.

Thanks! I tend to give my characters a lot of character flaws, which I think helps keep them interesting since they have a lot of room for development.

She doesn't mind griffons at all, just depends on their personality and/or whatever social circle they're part of. What character were you thinking of?

They own some businesses, but her family is more on the side of investing in businesses. By extension, they "own" a lot more businesses because they have a controlling amount of shares. I'd think her family would have a pretty far reach, mostly because they're competing with a lot of other high investors and CEOs in Stalliongrad itself. I can see Shimmer being perhaps a minor business rival with JavaSun? She might be trying to gain an increase in shares in that engineering firm to gain more of a foothold in Canterlot.

Childhood friend turned business rival, I like it! Maybe Shimmer could also be somewhat of the misbehaving bad influence on Snowfall - since Shimmer doesn't really have to work for her money and is much more prone to taking cruises whenever she feels like it and such, I'd imagine she would try and get Snowfall to take "breaks" from her work a lot, distract her from the pressure and time it takes being a full-time CEO.

Yeah, he doesn't seem the type of pony Shimmer would normally associate with. Maybe they could have met at some point, but for them to maintain some sort of relationship, something significant would have needed to happen. MAybe we can just have our characters meet up in RP at some point.

Any chance Sunrise knows another rich character from Stalliongrand? I can easily see Shimmer catching sight of one of Sunrise's designs on another pony and tracking down the designer responsible, causing her to commission a few pieces for herself. Maybe even invest in Sunrise's company.

They own some businesses, but her family is more on the side of investing in businesses. By extension, they "own" a lot more businesses because they have a controlling amount of shares. I'd think her family would have a pretty far reach, mostly because they're competing with a lot of other high investors and CEOs in Stalliongrad itself. I can see Shimmer being perhaps a minor business rival with JavaSun? She might be trying to gain an increase in shares in that engineering firm to gain more of a foothold in Canterlot.

Very possible. The firm runs differently from normal businesses though, which is likely to be the first hurdle she'll suffer. Inspired from a few real life engineering firms. The corporate ladder is nearly non-existing. Which means that the facility is actually ran and managed by the scientist and engineers. So appealing to them by basic buisness practice is already difficult enough. Not to mention Java is one of the heads, and the pony that manages finances. (Sigma on his butt after all...). Inkbrand just hates him for his personality. Java will intentionally give her a REASON to hate him.

Benefit of control over some of the shares, is revenue from a giant that produces Airships for Commercial, private, and REA Military use, as well as exported ships. So... a large gain for her in canterlot if she manages it.

Any chance Sunrise knows another rich character from Stalliongrand? I can easily see Shimmer catching sight of one of Sunrise's designs on another pony and tracking down the designer responsible, causing her to commission a few pieces for herself. Maybe even invest in Sunrise's company.

Well, she knows Frost since the crystal fair... That's Elderflower's character that's currently in your tattoo thread. She might have sold to other ponies in the Stalliongrad upper class, just nopony that's actually a character as of yet.

Yeah, I would assume that Starlit Shimmer would at least know Frostlace - not sure where she would fit in on the list though. And guaranteed Frost would be spreading word about Sunrise Shimmer to whomever she can. Anything to help out a friend :catbug:

Childhood friend turned business rival, I like it! Maybe Shimmer could also be somewhat of the misbehaving bad influence on Snowfall - since Shimmer doesn't really have to work for her money and is much more prone to taking cruises whenever she feels like it and such, I'd imagine she would try and get Snowfall to take "breaks" from her work a lot, distract her from the pressure and time it takes being a full-time CEO.

Sounds good to me. Snowfall already does have plenty of questionable influences in the form of a certain adventuring mare she is entangled with, but she could always use more. :D

Archived