(Ponyville) Attempting Good Deeds (Open)

Hawkeye12

mY0grum.jpg

Ponyville's town square was always scattered with several carts and booths, selling a variety of goods. However, one booth stood out from the rest, sitting down at the very end of the square. While most booths were simple wood or painted one plain colour, this one seemed like a rainbow had vomited on it, being covered in colours ranging from fiery red to ocean blue. It was wacky, random, and would definitely catch the eye of a bypasser. And standing in front of it was none other than Discord.

"And now for the final touch..." the draconequus said to himself. With a snap of a claw, a paintbrush appeared before him, dripping with white paint. He then crossed his arms as the brush levitated around, swirling in the air before floating to the sign that hung above the booth, painting DISCORD'S DANDY GOOD DEEDS BOOTH in large block letters. Discord smiled, satisfied.

It seemed odd for someone like him to be doing something like this. And if anyone asked, he would simply say it was Fluttershy's idea. But the real reason was for himself. Everytime Discord decided to pay a visit to his pony friends, he would always get some dirty looks from the ponies nearby. He couldn't even take a simple stroll through Ponyville without being glared at! Couldn't these ponies see he was reformed, and not trying to take over Equestria? Sure, pranks were always fun, but he wasn't turning everything into a state of chaos, now was he?

And so, he decided to show these ponies how good he could really be. And what better way to do it than a good deeds booth? Spreading friendship, helping others, and all free of charge! Discord walked behind the booth, sitting in his comfy stool that he snapped up, and sighed with delight as he waited for his patients to come rolling in.

ec18f059-f4e6-4c33-8b4b-36f54fb1c293_zps

It had started like any day, he was in the town, getting his weekly supply of Apples, Carrots, Celery Stalks, and some strawberries and other good leafy greens that a growing pony needed. Humming to himself as he levitated a bushel of carrots up and checked them, before plonking down the bits to pay for them and nestle them into his basket before moving onto the next booth, when out of nowhere the smell of white paint hit his nose, it was so close and so strong it made him wrinkle his grey muzzle from the scent!

Turning his head towards where the scent was, the grey unicorn was so SHOCKED that his magic dropped his basket,  (quickly catching it before it smashed into the ground) Was that the Lord of Chaos with a  "Good Deeds" Booth!? Everyone knew he lurked about and caused minor trouble, but the word on the street  (at least Cashmere's street) was that the other was reformed? He raised a brow and hesitantly approached the booth, putting a hoof on it.

"Ah...G..Good morning"

This was a great day! Sunny skies, happy ponies, all in all a great day in the opinion of the bubbly mare bouncing her way down the road, humming to herself all the way. Flux wasn't here to get any food or anything, she just wanted to be around some ponies. Besides, she didn't really need any of the food, actually being a changeling. She had her typical purple unicorn disguise up though, so the ponies she passed didn't really give her much more than a passing glance.

As she continued on her way, she spotted a stand with a unicorn at it talking to the one running it. As her eyes moved to this other figure though, she froze, tilting her head to the side quizzically at the mish-mash of creatures she saw. He looked very... chaotic... 

A wide smile broke out across the disguised changeling's face before she rushed up to the stand, stopping only as she ran into the stand itself, leaving her front half hanging over the wooden surface as the rest of her hung down in front.

"Ooh! Who are you? You look like fun! My name's Flux!" She said happily, looking at the strange creature before her. She paused for a moment before her gaze panned over to the unicorn, who she gave a friendly smile and a wave.

It was a few moments before the first customer walked up, and Discord decided to fill up the boredom by poofing up a handkerchief, and shining his eagle claw. He was just finishing and looking at his reflection in the good as new claw when a voice took him out of his thoughts. Looking up, he saw a greyish and purple maned (and allbeit feminine looking) unicorn stallion who had approached the booth. 

Discord jumped a little, though he wasn't really sure if it was from excitement of having a customer or from surprise that he actually had a customer. He sat up straighter in his little stool, and attempted to politely fold his mismatched hands together on the table.

"And good morning to you too! What would you like me to help you with today? All good deeds are free of charge, I might add!"

Just then, another pony came over to the stand....well, that was an understatement. A purple mare had rushed over suddenly, crashing into the booth and leaning half a foot away from Discord's face. He was a bit startled, but he simply gave the mare a welcoming smile. Why had she rushed over so quickly? Maybe she had a huge problem that needed solving? But as the mare looked up at him, only a huge grin was on her face. She then began to talk in an excited voice, claiming how fun he looked. Discord smiled even wider at that. Being fun was the greatest compliment he could get! Why couldn't these ponies realize how fun of a draconequus he was, anyway?

But he shook that thought away, looking back to his customers. "Why yes, fun and chaos is certainly what I do best!" He said with a chuckle. "But today, I'm simply here to help the citizens of Ponyville. Speaking of which, nice to meet you Flux? My name is Discord, how can I help you today?"

• 4 weeks later...

ec18f059-f4e6-4c33-8b4b-36f54fb1c293_zps

Cashmere waved at the youth that had all but crashed into the boot, and chuckled softly, before glancing at Discord "Favors and good deeds...?  Goodness" He chuckled thinking on it a little bit "Well I REALLY  don't need anything  done, but I suppose a bit of company wouldn't hurt hn?" He  rolled his shoulders softly "I've not seen you before,  and it's always fun to meet new people" Cashmere  realized this was Discord pretty quickly, the bringer of chaos and all that, but he was making a serious effort here, so Cashmere figured it wouldn't hurt to give him a clean slate.

Flux titled her head slightly as the creature introduced himself as Discord and asked what she needed help with. She put a hoof up to her chin, tapping it thoughtfully as she tried to think of anything she needed done. While she did that, she also hummed slightly to herself, remaining in the same position as she listened to the words from the unicorn stallion that had been there previously. After another few seconds, the disguised changeling shrugged and finally spoke again.

"Nope, can't think of anything I need done. I like making new friends though, and I've got nothing planned, not that I normally make plans for the day... I'll just hang out with you guys for now!" Flux said, smiling widely again as she finally slid off the stand, letting herself fall onto her haunches. After a moment of silence, she realized she didn't know the stallion's name, so she looked over at him with her head tilted to the side.

"Oh yeah, I never got your name. I'm Flux! Who're you?" She asked, giving a friendly smile to the stallion.

• 2 weeks later...

"Good deeds, huh?" a deep, older voice spoke up as a vermillion unicorn with a spiky beard approached the booth. The unicorn was well-dressed with a gentlemanly if cantankerous demeanor. Along with a fancy vest, he wore antique glasses and what seemed to be a permanent scowl.

He regarded the three already there, raising a brow as his ears caught bits of their conversation. "If neither of you have anything you need, I suggest you move aside. I actually have a favor to ask. Provided the maker of this booth is up to the task," he added, eyeing Discord from behind his spectacles with skepticism.

"My dog is missing. She's old and blind and energetic, so she could have run off anywhere. I was headed to the library this morning when she suddenly ran off barking at some bird and chasing it until I couldn't catch up with her." He frowned. "She might have been headed into the Everfree Forest."

Discord smiled at the two unicorns. Maybe it would be a slow business day, but oh well. At least he had some ponies here to keep him company....and the purple one he could tell was fun to be around. He leaned back in his chair, appearing a cool (and this time not explosive) glass of lemonade. It was after all, one of the warmer spring days of Ponyville.

But just as he was going to offer the other two a glass like the kind citizen he was, another pony appeared, this one an older stallion.  At first it seemed as if he was going to join the conversation, but the frown on his face told Discord otherwise. He did look fancy in that outfit though. He wondered if this guy was the type to take everything too seriously. He sure hoped not.

However those thoughts were brushed aside when the word 'favor' was mentioned. Yes! A customer! Discord's slight smile reappeared, but then went away when the old stallion mentioned his missing dog. He understood the dilemma of course, Discord had become fairly fond of animals ever since he became friends with Fluttershy. 

"Well don't you worry sir, Discord is on the case!" And with that thought, he snapped up a detective costume- complete with a coat, hat, bubble pipe, and a magnifying glass. "And I don't suppose I could use some assistants," he said, giving a smile to the two unicorns. Time to get to work!

Archived