Explain oldfatsweetiebelle joke?

CleverPony72

Hi, english is not my first language, but I am good at it. Still, I found a tumblr blog about a fat college-aged Sweetie Belle with incorrectly coloured hair, and she is friends with an equally old Apple Bloom who smokes what appears to be electronic cigarettes. The new old and fat Sweetie Belle hates stallions, speaks in odd phrases, and the entire blog seems... well, there is a joke there, some kind of running gag, I just don't understand it. Could someone explain it?

Hi there -- you're not being terribly clear about what content you're referencing to. There are lots of different tumblr blogs encompassing everything from the endearing to ridiculous. I've seen some very cleverly done, like the no-longer updated Slice of Life. I suppose sometimes the joke is to look at the characters through a different lens.

Sorry. I will now mention everything I can remember about the blog.

Sweetie Belle had her name changed to something else sorta similar.

Apple Bloom's name was typed as apPLEBloom.

New Apple Bloom occasionally spoke in "Buffalo" smoke signals using her electronic cigarettes.

New Apple Bloom is mean, perpetually sad-faced, and dresses in ugly clothing.

New Sweetie Belle has an... underling(?) named Fat Shaming, who once worked hard to become non fat, but New Sweetie Belle didn't like that and promoted her to royal food taster so she could force feed cakes and donuts to her in a very weird and psychotic and non-fun manner.

New Sweetie Belle hates stallions, and after she conquered Equestria (somehow?) the discovery of that Human World Portal by a strange lying moron pony meant she had to go into the Human World to conquer that in the name of angry fat idiots.

Human Octavia has a british accent the author calls Britbong. I think the joke in this strip was that Fat Sweetiebelle speaks in incomprehensible slang, yet human Octavia cannot understand her despite having an accent and doing that thing where you write down someone's accent phonetically. You know, the "Oi woss boarn undur eh wooaaandrin' stoooar" and "Howdy yall am Applejack. A sell apples n apple eksessories" thing.

I think it might be some kind of political thing(?)

Appleb loom is a hipster. They have those in america. Is this significant?

New Sweetie Belle is a psychotic and crazy and dumb pony.

There is no joke, just sounds like someone trying to be clever and failing.

That sounds a bit harsh. It seems like there is... some... kind of a joke. Some kind of political thing... is it parodying the left or right Americans or something? There is a joke there, I can smell it, I just don't recognize what it is.

Cute oc, by the way. Is that fem!Sombra?

That sounds a bit harsh. It seems like there is... some... kind of a joke. Some kind of political thing... is it parodying the left or right Americans or something? There is a joke there, I can smell it, I just don't recognize what it is.

Cute oc, by the way. Is that fem!Sombra?

No, that's my Unicorn OC  named Roulette, and it might be harsh, but it's my honest thoughts, it doesn't sound political, it sounds mean spirited and attempting to be clever, and only succeeding in being mean spirit.

No, that's my Unicorn OC named Roulette, and it might be harsh, but it's my honest thoughts, it doesn't sound political, it sounds mean spirited and attempting to be clever, and only succeeding in being mean spirit.

Well, I like her, she's cute. As for the blog... I don't think it's trying to be mean... it feels like those old political comics, yeah? The ones that mock dumb politicians or political teams. Back home, we had this one that mocked anarchists. It was funny. I mean the dumb fallout raider or borderlands raider ones, not the sane ones in real life I haven't met. They probably exist though. Since everything usually does.

It was made by the guy who made "Brutaloo". I do not get the joke here either. Am I supposed to read Scootaloo's lines in Torgue's voice? That makes it kinda funny, but I still do not understand the jokes. Especially the arc with Granny Smith, where she seems to have become the new Lance of Longinus in the oddest possible way.

No, that's my Unicorn OC named Roulette, and it might be harsh, but it's my honest thoughts, it doesn't sound political, it sounds mean spirited and attempting to be clever, and only succeeding in being mean spirit.

Sorry for the triple post, just thought I should say: it's okay to be harsh sometimes. If you asked me about something I didn't like, I'd probably be harsh. And if the joke is just bad, then harsh away.

Thank you, I'm very glad you like Roulette, she's my conartist pony so I'm very proud of her.

Awesome. I always liked conartists more than the basic generic thieves who do heists. Cons are cleverer. Cleverness is good. What kind of cons does she do?

And on topic... would it help if I gave you all the link to this site?

I think in cases such as Tumblr, logic should never be applied. ;) The person is probably just making a joke about how a lot of today's youth is irresponsible and deviant.

Deviant? (Eyebrows rise) something tells me this Fury belle has never deviated in her life, let alone deviated in a deviant manner, if you get what I'm saying.

But yeah, I have heard about psycho tumblr girls on tumblr who say the same weird stuff Fury Belle says. ...Is that the joke? But they're already acting in an idiotic way, they don't really need a parody. Is the joke something else? Also, what the heck is Scootaloo supposed to be? Is she trying to be the new Torgue?

Awesome. I always liked conartists more than the basic generic thieves who do heists. Cons are cleverer. Cleverness is good. What kind of cons does she do?

And on topic... would it help if I gave you all the link to this site?

No, as I don't plan to  look at it.

She cons ponies by making them think she can change their destinies/ cutie marks/talents, by covering their original cutie mark with makeup and designing a new cutie mark...it's all makeup though.

No, as I don't plan to look at it.

She cons ponies by making them think she can change their destinies/ cutie marks/talents, by covering their original cutie mark with makeup and designing a new cutie mark...it's all makeup though.

It's probably funnier and less awful sounding when you actually get the joke, whatever it is.

Anyway, that sounds cool. Does she have a spell that alchemically changes the colour of the makeup she puts on the ponies, to get the image-shifting effect down?

Anyway, that sounds cool. Does she have a spell that alchemically changes the colour of the makeup she puts on the ponies, to get the image-shifting effect down?

I believe what she means is that Roulette paints over the original cutie mark with a fake cutie mark. It's makeup. Like, what girls like to put on their faces, but with a professional, con-art talent.

Perhaps there is some alchemy involved, such as improving durability for example. I don't have much knowledge of her character. It's an interesting OC, though.

I believe what she means is that Roulette paints over the original cutie mark with a fake cutie mark. It's makeup. Like, what girls like to put on their faces, but with a professional, con-art talent.

Perhaps there is some alchemy involved, such as improving durability for example. I don't have much knowledge of her character. It's an interesting OC, though.

Oh. Well, either way, that is a cool OC, I'd love to RP with her some time once I finish my OC.

Still, this is a thread about that blog, not an awesome OC appreciation thread. Which is something we should have. We should have a thread like that. And OC awards. Best Unicorn, best Pegasus, best fighter, most interesting fighter, saddest backstory, happiest backstory, and the Pinkie Award, for the craziest and most fun OC of the week.

Don't try to over-think it. People like to create alternate versions of characters, for fun, or in some cases just to mess with people. I follow a Tumblr blog that started off with Scootaloo getting pregnant. There are the stories out there where the ponies are secretly murderers. This blog you describe just sounds like someone creating an alternate future for the CMC.

Archived