[cloudsdale]Boltin'! (Closed)

Ashton

Their plan would had worked... if the door was unlocked.

Darky noticed that the ponies went inside. He saw one going in, but soon got out of his line of sight. Where did she went?! For a moment he started looking around for her, but when he turned he saw an orange filly running towards him and tried to tackle him. Since he had his armor on, the tackle was quite ineffective, bit still managed to confuse him a bit more and made him give a step back.

"What is going on?!" He said, then calmed down and took a deep breath. He then noticed that the other pegasus tried to tackle the door... but since it was locked, it would be really hard to do that. He then saw that she gave up. He hold the filly with one hoof so she didn't tried to escape, then went to get the other mare that tried to get trough the door. There was still a third one... but he lost her completely.

Scootaloo smirked and her muzzle went into her pack, she threw down a circular object and took a deep breath, when it hit the pair were engulfed with foul-smelling smoke, no doubt making the guar's eyes and lungs hurt, not to mention the stench... it was just the distraction scotoaloo needed to slip free, using her smaller size as leverage, if the pony held on he woudl be flung into the cloud 'ground'

nce free Scootaloo ran over "geeze, did none of you plan ahead?" she asked as she reached hte door and her hoof went to her mane, pulling out a small iron object, she placed it inside the lock, noting that it did not glow and set to work, after just a few seconds the door clicked open "everyone inside!" she said as she hurried inside the now open door.

((and no, that's not unreasonable for her, she's using Judo, which CAN let a relativly tiny opponent throw a larger one to the ground --- this may not be the first time she's had to escape from the guards............))

Marusha watched as Scootaloo did an ineffective tackle and the mare ran straight into the door. At least, that's what she could tell from the sounds. Either way, the door soon opened and her two partners rushed in. She came out of hiding after that, following them down the hallway quickly.

"Well it's not like I was expecting to break into here." The white mare said in response to the filly's words. Really, it was kinda hard to plan ahead when you are only given a second's notice before having to put the plan into action. At least she had done better than the other mare.

Just as expected, the guard seemed to be right on Dusty and the filly. Her mind was racing, trying to come up with an excuse to explain all this without telling hi they were trying to break in...even though that was pretty obvious at this point. Though the mare quickly snapped back to attention as some horribly smelling stench filled the air, and looked around to see thick smoke surrounding her. Was this the white pony's doing? It had to be, she knew she was a ninja! 

"What in the..." She began, but was cut off by her own coughing. The filly made a remark about them not planning ahead, and then shouted for them to get inside. Without thinking, Dusty did as she was told and sped inside the suddenly open door, taking a breath of fresh air as soon as she was in. 

But out then her mind caught up to her, realizing that it was the filly who made that remark earlier. "Wait...you're telling me that you did all that?!" She gave her a suspicious look for just a moment, but the mare skin found herself laughing. "Ha! And to think a minute ago we were gonna give up! This is great!" She smiled, looking around the stadium. It really was great-they were in! 

"Oh, crap!" Darky said as soon as he smelled the smoke the filly throwed. His eyes turned red and he find it hard to breath. What the hill did she just did?! Ahhh... it was horrible! Then, the filly made a movement, but he let her go and went out of the cloud to cathch his breath.

Darky stayed out of the cloud for a moment, trying to calm down. All that was horrible, he didn't signed up for that! He shook his head and turned, then noticed that the group of ponies were advancing into the place after the filly oppened the door. Instead of going for help, he went after them. You would think the armor would slow him down, but he was a bit fast.

((and for the record, it's a sulfer-infused smokebomb, extremely easy to make at home with household supplies, even in equestrian times --- no I am NOT going to tell you how... -_-*))

"we're not out of the woods yet!" said scootaloo "we have to find a place to hide before that guard starts breaking out the heavy artillery, dont bother looking for anythinace dark, it's a nightguard, they can see in absolute darkness like bats" she explained "look for someplace with a lot of cover... right now I'm more concerned about not getting caught instead of seeing the show, they probably think we're here to rob the place, if we're extra-unlucky he may call for backup, I'd really rather not have to camp in the everfree for a week while the look for me again..." she then stopped, realizing she had probably revealed a bit too much about her own past with that...

"Indeed, you are a resourceful filly. But, like you said, this is not the time for that." Marusha said as she ran along with the other two. She hummed slightly at the small slip of information from the filly, but said nothing about it. She wondered what the foal had done to get the guards on her, but it didn't much matter at this point. The white pegasus looked around as they ran, an idea coming to her head.

"He has yet to call any help, as far as I can tell, so I say we split up. He can't follow all of us." She said, quietly so the pursuing guard couldn't hear her. With her plan voiced, she waited to see if the others agreed or came up with something better.

Dusty found herself quickly snapping back to attention. Right, this wasn't over yet. The guards would be after them, no doubt! As she looked around, searching for a good place to hide, the white mare suggested they split up.

"Not a bad idea," she said before pausing, looking between the two ponies. It was a group of three, so one would be on their own. Still, it didn't take much thought for how to do it, and Dusty quickly looked back to the white mare again. "Uh, you think you can hold out on your own? You seem to be pretty good with hiding and such. I'll stick with the filly...she'll probably be more of a help than me though," she said with a half smile. Still though, it kinda sucked that she was going to miss out on the show... 

Darky kept chacing them, slowly going faster at each moment, then started using his wings for an extra boost of speed. He noticed that they were planning to split... or so he thought. It would be their best move. Who to chace, who to chace...

Scootaloo sighed and slipped her tinted flight-goggles on "I am so going to jail when this is over..." she muttered as she turned and walked right into the line of sight of the guard "Hey Bat-brain, Catch!" she threw something else out of her bag about halfway down the hall and there was a blinding flash, so bright it no doubt would blind the guard for a short time, of course scootaloo had planned ahead so she was alright, but he wouldn't be... "Lets run!" she said, hurrying past the pony that was going to stick with her

((yep, a flashbang, minus the bang part))

Well, there had been no dissent to her idea, so it looked like they'd be doing that. Marusha nodded at the mare's suggestion that she go off by herself while they stuck together. She likely was the most capable one here when it came to stealth. She glanced at the filly as she walked into the open, though she looked away when she saw her throw something. That proved to be a good decision, as a bright flash went off a second later.

Time to go then. Marusha nodded at the mare and filly before taking off down a corridor as silently as she could while still keeping a good pace.

The guard was obviously gaining on them, and things weren't looking good. Luckily though, the filly had an idea Dusty watched strangely without surprise as the filly threw another... thing at the guard. It suddenly made a bright flash, bright enough for even her vision to go a bit spotty as she stood further away. She couldn't imagine how bright it would've been for the guard. But before she could get her thoughts back together, the filly sped past her. "Oh, right!" she said, beginning to run to catch up before remembering that she had wings. Unfolding them, the mare flew a bit past the filly, glancing back and half wondering why she wasn't flying too. But oh well, not important.

The white mare seemed to have also used the flash as a chance to run off on her own, as Dusty just now noticed she was gone. She silently hoped the guard would chase after her, as it would probably be easier for her to hide. 

...Or maybe not. "Hey, look!" She said, skidding to a halt and pointing at some crates that were in a corner, seemingly filled with Wonderbolts souvenirs. Without thinking, she jumped behind them, crouching as low as she could and motioning for the filly to follow.

Darky ran as fast as he could, then noticed that the filly throwed something. He reacted as fast as he could and covered himself with his wings, but stoping. He noticed a bright flash but he closed his eyes. His wing helped and he wasn't blinded.

When he stood up he looked around. Crap, he had lost them. He then started walking around, looking for them. Where.could had they gone?! And what if they had split up like he thought they would? He sighed and kept looking for them.

((sorry, I've been very busy the last few days with work and have been trying to come up with a good plot here, but I'm honestly not sure given how things have gone...))

Scootaloo sighed, wondering if the guard would let them all off if she came forward as the 'leader' she'd probably go to jail but at least the others would be ok, and that mattered more to her than any of the rest... just like her idol, loyalty till the end...

Marusha headed down the hallway, glancing back just in time to spot the other two moving into a hiding spot and out of her sight. Just as she found her own hiding spot, she spotted the guard coming to the intersection. Luckily, that was just a glance as she went in and it didn't look like he was looking her direction. Good, perhaps they had actually lost the guard and they could go watch the show once he left the area.

((Sorry for the lateness!))

Dusty peeked from her hiding spot for a moment, watching the guard as he wandered around, obviously confused. Good, they lost him. The mare smiled to herself a bit in pride, slumping back into a sitting position with a small sigh. Her eyes then darted over to the filly, who didn't seem as relieved. In fact, she seemed to be pretty lost in thought. She sure was strange...

Still, Dusty couldn't help but feel a sudden pang of guilt. This was another one of her reckless ideas, after all. And now they would probably be kicked out with their tails between their legs, at best. She sighed again. "Hey," she said after a moment of probably awkward silence. She kept her voice low, hoping the guard wouldn't hear. "...Sorry about all this. Breaking into the stadium and all. I kinda just came up with that plan on the spot, didn't really think too much about it. And we didn't even get to see the Wonderbolts..."

It was an admittedly bad apology, but Dusty was never good at those sort of things. She caught another glance at the guard, hoping to Celestia that he would pass on by without them being seen...

Darky sighed and started walking around as he looked for them. Where did they go?! He sighed again and kept looking, walking past the filly and the mare. He just kept looking and passed to the next area. He looked at a clock. Show was starting in a pair of minutes. He had to hurry.

((sorry, work's been missery lately but things are slowing down again finally, for better or worse...))

Scootaloo watched the guard pass, not even breething untill he was gone,  then she went through a series of complex, though silent, hoof and wing motions that apparently either were asking wheather to try to make it to an area they could watch the show or bail... or else asking if her partner in crime liked squid and bananna icecream... hopefully it was the former...

Risking a peek out of her cover, Marusha smiled as she saw the guard moving away from her down the hall the other two had gone down. She moved out quietly before heading towards the actual arena to watch the show. She was careful to move quietly until she was out of sight of the guard, then moved only a little faster until she found a way in.

((For some reason I never noticed Pyro's response. My bad.  :blush: ))

The filly didn't seem to respond at all to Dusty's apology. Oh well. A moment of awkward silence seemed to pass before a sudden movement caught the mare's attention. At first she thought it was the guard thing to kidnap her or something, but luckily it was just the filly shuffling around. Wait...what was she doing? Dusty didn't know a thing about sign language...if that's what all this was. She looked at her blankly for a few seconds, until she caught her make a gesture toward the stands where the crowds were. 

"Oh! You want to go see the show or something?" She peeked out from her hiding spot for a second, watching the guard. "I dunno. We could hide easily in the crowd of course, but it just depends on when we make the right move with that guard around. Got any more tricks up your sleeve?"

Darky kept looking around for the intruders. He had lost them! The captain would surly kill him. Oh dear Luna...

He shook his head and calmed down. He walked towards the door that lead to the arena itself to see the show and perhaps look for them in there if they where there.

Scootaloo's hoof went to ehr face "...I was trying to keep quiet..." she said, a little annoyed "I was asking if you wanted to try to sneak into the stadium or just bail before we're both locked up for this" she said with a sigh, glad the guard was gone "IT depends on what you mean by tricks" she said "I have a few more flashes and smokebombs and I can open any lock that's not enchanted, but no, nothing you've not seen... well mostly nothing..." she didn't really want to go int what all was in her 'thieves toolkit' since it might give her cohort an even worse idea of what she was capable of...

• 4 weeks later...

The white mare paused in front of the entrance she had found into the stands, looking back where she had come from briefly. She considered going back to help the other two, but decided against it. They could probably handle themselves. With that, Marusha moved through the doors and she found herself a seat in a spot that would make her hard to see amongst the rest of the crowd.

Archived