Her name should be...

What should Ponyville's mailmare be called in the show?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What should Ponyville's mailmare be called in the show?

• Derpy Hooves
    • Ditzy Doo
    • Ditzy Doo, but Derpy is her nickname
    • Something else

Simple enough. With confirmation that we'll see more of everypony's favourite walleyed pegasus in season 2, what would you want her to be called?

I'm personally saying Ditzy. It's been used once in the show, and to me it makes sense. I've heard people say that Ditzy is an insulting name, but really I don't see it as being any worse than calling someone 'silly'. If anything Derpy is a bigger insult. Derp is supposed to be the onomatopoeia for making a stupid face.

Plus, you know, aliteration.

Besides, in the incredibly unlikely even that her daughter is canon too, Dinky Doo sounds better than Dinky Hooves.

That said, she'll always be Derpy in my heart :)

Definitely Derpy Hooves. It would just be awesome to see her fan name fully canonized.

I'm just so used to the Derpy name anyway, it would be hard to accept something else.

I suspect if they name her, they will use Ditsy Doo as it was a name used already, besides Derpy tends to be a slightly more insulting name as well as a name that wouldn't be really understood by the target audience. However I could see Derpy as a nickname so I voted for the three option.

Your right Dinky Doo would be a cuter name than Dinky Hooves, although I would be really surprised if she is presented as a daughter of Derpy/Ditsy, but you never know.

Personally I think calling a character "stupid" just because she has wall eyes (even if in a "cute" way) is a bit... dunno, offensive... no, let's say blunt.

May it be I read some fanfics about this topic, and she's depicted as retarded or as extremely awkward (and there's nothing bad about it after all, she being a "special pony" I mean). I just wouldn't like the whole wall eyed = stupid equation, which would be wrong.

When she drops stuff onto Twilight for the humorous cliché in "Feeling Pinkie Keen" I didn't really consider her "stupid", just very goofy, but not because of her eyes of course.

So well, long story short: Ditzy Doo (I'd like to see a mom calling her daughter "Derpy" :shifty: ) but with the "Derpy" nickname, due her goofiness.

PS: if you don't know what I mean, try looking for some "sad" tagged fanfics around about her... you'll understand.

May it be I read some fanfics about this topic, and she's depicted as retarded or as extremely awkward (and there's nothing bad about it after all, she being a "special pony" I mean). I just wouldn't like the whole wall eyed = stupid equation, which would be wrong.

When she drops stuff onto Twilight for the humorous cliché in "Feeling Pinkie Keen" I didn't really consider her "stupid", just very goofy, but not because of her eyes of course.

I have to agree. It bugs me that she's made out by the fandom to be mentally challenged just because of her eyes. I can see why it's kinda funny, but still...

The word Ditzy to me means clumsy or lacking attention, not necessarily dumb.

On another note: If they made the fridge-raiding canon, I would be happy :D