Is it fair to keep Equestria Girls seperate from FiM?

A lot of people seem adamant in wanting to make sure

That Hasbro and DHX NEVER let human stuff into the perfectly crafted pony universe of the show.

Now, I'm not saying that they should always be bringing FiM into EqG and EqG into FiM, to blur lines between worlds. (I never want to see humans in Equestria, anyway) Just, at this point in time, the balance doesn't seen fair at all. EqG world, seeing as how there's a human twin of Twilight, implies there is also a human version of Sunset Shimmer. While the Sunset we've been seeing is truly a pony. So human world has 2 Sunset's, and pony world has 0.

The math is very clearly skewed, here, and it's not fair at all. Especially considering, as seen in "Three's a crowd", that a pony Flash Sentry exists in Equestria, also.

I seriously think that Equestria needs its former pony resident, Sunset Shimmer back And to anyone who argues that Equestria Girls should remain seperate from Friendship is Magic canon, well, why, when "three's a crowd" put Flash in the series, and why, when when its already been established that Sunset Shimmer was originally a pony? They'd just be bringing her back to Equestria, so no humans would be crossing over, anyway.

I don't know if "fair" is the word you want then,they wrote the movies and EQ girls franchise and put Sunset in there, Sunset has a part of the human world, she loves being there, it's where she feels she belongs now, and I think it's unfair to the writers to expect them to change that because you like one aspect of EQG and not the whole thing.

I don't know if "fair" is the word you want then,they wrote the movies and EQ girls franchise and put Sunset in there, Sunset has a part of the human world, she loves being there, it's where she feels she belongs now, and I think it's unfair to the writers to expect them to change that because you like one aspect of EQG and not the whole thing.

so the human world is just supposed to have 2 Sunny's running around. Not to mention, since yoh brought it up, DHX writing her blaming herself (though, it's more Starswirl's fault, imo) and her being in that world for being the cause of all the magical chaos that's putting her own friends in harm's way, anyway? So they're the ones who heavy-handedly implied it.

You'd think Sunny going back to where she originally came from would only be for the greater good. (Seeing as how she'd be takin the magic back to Equestria, and preventing any further happennings with magic, but-as Twi said in movie 1, having the "magic" of friendship remaining, in a figurative sense)

You seem to be misunderstanding what Sunset Shimmer meant by bringing magic into the world. She stole Twilight's crown, that brought the magic of Equestria into that world. Before that she (and the sirens) both had no access to Equestrian magic. It is basically like she unlocked a door. Remember they all thought that the magic would have gone back with the crown, but it didn't. The magic now exists within the mane 6 themselves. There is no going back at this point. Perhaps, maybe if they closed the portal forever, but that is no guarantee.

As for the other Sunset Shimmer, we do not know what is going on with her. She might not exist anymore. Perhaps she didn't exist in the first place. Perhaps she (sunset shimmer) was an anomaly from the start. We simply don't know. You can't say this is simple math. There are nearly infinite possibilities. Perhaps she met the original Sunset Shimmer, and since she stayed there long enough the world had to correct itself, and they eventually became one in the same. Remember the Sirens didn't appear to have a double either. Perhaps the same thing happened. Or perhaps neither had a double in that world to begin with. Perhaps her double died. Perhaps her double is on the other side of the world. Perhaps they found another portal and the double went into another world. 

In the end we don't know anything more than what the movies and show tells us. It is clearly a mirror world, and many characters have Equestrian counterparts, but we don't know if they all do. We also do not know what prolonged exposure to your counterpart would result in. We do know that Celestia thought it not wise to bring the other mane 5 originally, probably knowing they'd meet their other world counterparts. 

And personally, she belongs in that world. She adopted it. She knows Celestia would welcome her back, but she is content. She is a great character and would love to see her make an appearance in the show, but nothing would satisfy me if she just suddenly decided to stay in Equestria, since she made her intentions clear. And now, even more so since she has a purpose and friends. 

Agreed - Sunset has established a life and a purpose in Human Equestria - as much as I'd like her to appear in the show, her staying in Equestria Prime NOW would ultimately be like her turning her back on her friends...so on the whole part about her returning to the pony world full time would actually be a whole lot less fair on her friends AND kinda say 'Hey, it's alright to just wilfully abandon friends you've made for your own personal gain', which is hardly the message they would want to deliver!

Agreed - Sunset has established a life and a purpose in Human Equestria - as much as I'd like her to appear in the show, her staying in Equestria Prime NOW would ultimately be like her turning her back on her friends...so on the whole part about her returning to the pony world full time would actually be a whole lot less fair on her friends AND kinda say 'Hey, it's alright to just wilfully abandon friends you've made for your own personal gain', which is hardly the message they would want to deliver!

so it's ok for pony Twilight to ave a long distance reltionship with her friends that she made in the human world, but not Sunset? Sunny has to stay within arm's reach of her friends to show that she's not turning her back on them? Guess in the pony world, Coco Pommel, Gilda, Double Diamond, Moondancer, Party Favor, Cheese Sandwich, And the others who've befriended the mane 6 must feel utterly abandoned, because their friends aren't nearby. Because that's how friendship must work.

Of course it's fair.

The Equestria Girls movie series is the most ridiculous idea ever thought of.

I NEVER want to see ANYTHING EQG related in regular MLP: FiM.

I can accept cameos (because they don't talk and don't have influence on the story) but anything more is unacceptable.

But just ignore me since my opinion on this is the "controversial" one.

:roll:

I'll admit, I kinda hoped that the reason Twilight was obsessed with Canterlot High and its strange energies was because her early experiments with the energies caught her friend Sunset Shimmer in some sort of spontaneous portal that sent her away, and she was trying to figure out how to get her back...  But that theory is kinda gone.  :)

You seem to be misunderstanding what Sunset Shimmer meant by bringing magic into the world. She stole Twilight's crown, that brought the magic of Equestria into that world. Before that she (and the sirens) both had no access to Equestrian magic. It is basically like she unlocked a door. Remember they all thought that the magic would have gone back with the crown, but it didn't. The magic now exists within the mane 6 themselves. There is no going back at this point. Perhaps, maybe if they closed the portal forever, but that is no guarantee.

As the title in the name of the show states.... Friendship Is Magic.

And personally, she belongs in that world. She adopted it. She knows Celestia would welcome her back, but she is content. She is a great character and would love to see her make an appearance in the show, but nothing would satisfy me if she just suddenly decided to stay in Equestria, since she made her intentions clear. And now, even more so since she has a purpose and friends. 

This. Sunset Shimmer could reasonably make an appearance in FiM but she's not going to stay in Equestria. She belongs on the other side now more than she ever belonged in Equestria. I am a big Sunset Shimmer fan but I would not be happy if she made the move to FiM permanently. It would feel cheap and be an insult to the EqG franchise which I believe has a lot of potential.

On an unrelated note I just realized there's no Sunset emotes and had a sad.

But just ignore me since my opinion on this is the "controversial" one.

:roll:

If by controversial you mean purposely abrasive and confrontational, yes. If you ever want people to take your opinions seriously you might try toning that down.  ;)

If by controversial you mean purposely abrasive and confrontational, yes. If you ever want people to take your opinions seriously you might try toning that down.  ;)

By all means tell me how.

My reasons are perfectly legitimate for ignoring it and pretending as if it doesn't exist.

My reasons are perfectly legitimate for ignoring it and pretending as if it doesn't exist.

Maybe not go into every single thing discussing it and  letting everyone know how horrid it is and how much you don't like it?

I mean if you want to "Ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist" why post in and actively seek out threads that discuss it?

"Being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble"

But they really aren't. The two are exactly the same. They are overly long commercials for the express purpose for selling toys. Just because you personally do not like EqG does not make it any less legitimate or any less part of the narrative that the show runners are creating. If any of the show runners decide to do a full on crossover, that is up to them, and it is not up to you to choose for them what is or is not good for their story. If you feel that is worth dropping the series over, that is your issue. It is the same issue that fans who stopped watching over Princess Twilight. It is a problem called "entitlement."

As the title in the name of the show states.... Friendship Is Magic.

Yes, yes. I know, but that magic was locked inside of them. That's why I said it was akin to opening a door. The door cannot be closed unless the portal and connection were completely closed, but even then, it would not ensure that the magic would disappear. 

But they really aren't. The two are exactly the same. They are overly long commercials for the express purpose for selling toys. Just because you personally do not like EqG does not make it any less legitimate or any less part of the narrative that the show runners are creating.

This right here. I've heard all the reasons and complaints people have about EqG. Most of them can be summed up as "I don't like it so it should just go away."  

It all comes down to the simple fact: this is there universe to make not ours. It's canon. Get over it. If you don't like it; don't watch it. If you watch it knowing that you didn't like it to begin with then: 1) Good job wasting an hour of your life; and 2) The only person at fault for that is you.

This is exactly the same as Star Trek fans who complain and whine about Star Trek: Enterprise being canon.

Very well. Fine.

I can see my opinion is being as well respected here as it was on another forum.

Which is to say it's not being respected at all.

Very well. Fine.

I can see my opinion is being as well respected here as it was on another forum.

Which is to say it's not being respected at all.

Your opinion is fine, it is your attitude and how you convey your opinion that leaves much to be desired.

Also you seem to have issues when people seem to have a dissenting opinion to yours. Our opinion (or mine at least) that EqG is fine as part of the franchise, and that the show runners [and Hasbro] own both and it is their decision to add or remove anything (actually that latter part isn't opinion but rather cold hard fact).

This has nothing to do with how we view you and everything to do with you seemingly trying to engage discussion on this subject with commentary that can be viewed as argument bait.

If you dislike it, just say it straight and then ignore all topics on EQG forever - the moment you offer up this kind of comment about contreversial opinions and so forth, and then becoming overly passive aggressive in your continued participation, nobody is going to take you or or your thoughts seriously. MY advice? Keep calm and pony on...leave EQG to those of US who wish to simply enjoy talking amongst ourselves about a silly little movie franchise about pastel colored pony-humans without having to outline our reasons for liking it and why we just want to continue doing so every single time.

MY advice? Keep calm and pony on...leave EQG to those of US who wish to simply enjoy talking among ourselves about a silly little movie franchise about pastel colored pony-humans without having to outline our reasons for liking it and why we just want to continue doing so every single time.

Preach! 

Archived