Bevel's Asset Aquirement (OOC friend hunt.)

XsBAw0K.jpg

Bevel is a traveling scientist who is constantly trying to learn and understand more about the world around her. While she can be rather irritable and have difficulty trusting others she does genuinely care about the well being of others and will help those who need her services within reason. She currently is traveling across the globe in her personal airship and searching out potentially powerful magical artifacts for a special project she has been working on. She isn't in any particular hurry to finish it and can be easily distracted by any magical anamoly that requires analysis.

Having been raised among the griffins her parents were close too before they passed, Bevel has gained a bit of a self reliant philosophy and often prefers to handle problems on her own but usually likes to bring someone along to act as an assistant for her. Due to cocooning herself in her research most of her time she isn't very well versed in current events and even if she had she usually doesn't care enough to remember them; for instance, she had heard equestria had a new princess crowned but in the end didn't care enough to look into it further or learn the princess in question's name and instead focused on her work.

If asked about her family she will usually say considers the silverbeaks her family and her relatives in equestria would have received letters from her in the past but she has since not really spoken to any of them for years and the most they may have heard from her would be about her parent's estate in legal matters. Some of her cousins and her aunt are being actively played but she is in no hurry to meet them and holds a bit of a grudge against one of them that she won't admit to.

Due to her self reliant attitude she is hesitant to call someone a friend, however once she considers someone or a group an asset, she will prove to be a  loyal and occasionally protective of them, she may not be the best at conversation but in the end they are a friend in all but name.

Bevel prefers the company of intellectual ponies, those who are well versed in magic and/or engineering. 

SO! I was hoping I could find some ocs or cast ponies who would be willing to bring this inventor out of her shell and develop her more :) any suggestions?

Slim Chance could make a lot of sense for this, both as an adventuring buddy and as a fellow academic, though Slim is more of an archaeologist than a scientist.

I'll also through Naj out there.  While I don't think this is something Bevel is working on, Naj has been looking into being a research assistant, on the basis that some research could get a huge benefit form including a cooperative changeling.  They could easily be friendly acquaintances, at least.

Flux is always willing to make more friends!

could you give  some more information about her, pyro?

Slim Chance could make a lot of sense for this, both as an adventuring buddy and as a fellow academic, though Slim is more of an archaeologist than a scientist.

I'll also through Naj out there.  While I don't think this is something Bevel is working on, Naj has been looking into being a research assistant, on the basis that some research could get a huge benefit form including a cooperative changeling.  They could easily be friendly acquaintances, at least.

Both of these sound promising, Bevel has been looking for a full time assistant. her usual criteria for that position would be "Be quick, strong, and at least half clever." and I think Naj more than fill those requirements. 

As for Slim, they could still meet and become allies as bevel is interested in magical ancient artifacts and seeing if they could be used in any devices she wishes to build. :)

Both of these sound promising, Bevel has been looking for a full time assistant. her usual criteria for that position would be "Be quick, strong, and at least half clever." and I think Naj more than fill those requirements. 

As for Slim, they could still meet and become allies as bevel is interested in magical ancient artifacts and seeing if they could be used in any devices she wishes to build. :)

Hmm.  I like the concept, but in practice I'm not sure Naj would be willing to spend as much time away as I would expect a full time assistant to spend (having recently moved in with her coltfriend, among other things), though she's not opposed to occasional longer journeys and is usually up for a good adventure.

My thought had been that Naj and Bevel both seem to be at the fringes of the scientific community, they could easily be acquainted, and Bevel would have the option of contacting Naj if the former ever needed an extra set of hooves or a changeling more particularly.  I was thinking almost a sort of part-time or seasonal assistant, though maybe not based on seasons per se.  Though I'm happy to keep discussing it.

I like that idea for Bevel and Slim.

I could throw both Candles and Starry into this, although Starry might be a bit more fitting.  She is a blind unicorn, extremely smart and has great potential in magic...if any of her mentors could get past her blindness.  I could tell you more if you are interested.

Well, her app is in my log, so you could look at that. Anyways, she is just really friendly and loves making new friends. She could be in really any setting since she likes to travel around a lot.

I looked over her app and while she seems like fun, she doesnt seem the type bevel would hang around wiht for very long unless she had to. I could definitely see flux palling around with my painter, PResteza however:)

Hmm.  I like the concept, but in practice I'm not sure Naj would be willing to spend as much time away as I would expect a full time assistant to spend (having recently moved in with her coltfriend, among other things), though she's not opposed to occasional longer journeys and is usually up for a good adventure.

My thought had been that Naj and Bevel both seem to be at the fringes of the scientific community, they could easily be acquainted, and Bevel would have the option of contacting Naj if the former ever needed an extra set of hooves or a changeling more particularly.  I was thinking almost a sort of part-time or seasonal assistant, though maybe not based on seasons per se.  Though I'm happy to keep discussing it.

I like that idea for Bevel and Slim.

hmm Part time could very well work with Naj and bevel.  And being friends through the scientific community could work really well. 

I could throw both Candles and Starry into this, although Starry might be a bit more fitting.  She is a blind unicorn, extremely smart and has great potential in magic...if any of her mentors could get past her blindness.  I could tell you more if you are interested.

How much of a problem would starry's blindness be?

Ah, alright. Well, Flux would still try to make friends with Bevel, but that's fine if you don't want anything to come of that. As for your painter, Flux would definitely want to be friends with her as well.

Her blindness is only physical, but she does possess an infrared spell that allows her to further study the object of interest.  She is an extremely keen learner, and loves to explore the scientific world and be in company of fellow scientist's.  She is currently working in the Royal Canterlot Observatory, but she is looking for a bit of a break from her hectic life~a vacation and chance to learn and explore what she really likes to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived