RPG Bronies

DeadAccount

hi hi

• Chrono Trigger is kind of in a league of its own. I don't know if I'd call it my favorite, but it fills a niche that I've never seen another RPG fill, so I guess you could at least say its the best at what it does.

• I loved Final Fantasy Tactics, and while the battles confounded me the first time I played it through, having gone back to it again when I was older, it wasn't so hard.

• There's a few RPGs and RPG like games I've played where they integrate button combos into the battle system, and I like that mechanic. Legend of Legaia was good though I had to return it before I beat it, a friend and I had lots of fun with Gladius even though the storyline was terrible, and the critical hit system in Mario RPG gave combat some nice flavor.

I love RPGs. Pretty much all I play aside from a few fighting games and very few other assorted things. And yeah, I've never touched an MMORPG and truly have almost no interest in doing so.

I've played a huge number of RPGs. Some of my absolute favorites are Valkyrie Profile, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star IV, Tales of the Abyss, Valkyria Chronicles, Fire Emblem, Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy XIII, Tactics Ogre and Persona 3.

FF Tactics, the only issue i had with it was it being BRUTALLY hard, perhaps the hardest game on the PSX that i ever played, not so the light GBA and crappy DS installments.

the Ar Tonelicos are fun, although a bit lacking on the exploration dept, as most recent rpgs. still have to start qoga

Hyperdimension Neptunia, (no, really) and its combo system is gold.

aaaand, FF VIII being my most favoritest (double redundance ftw) game ever.

also:

Third Person Shooter + branching stories is NOT an rpg *coughmasscougheffectcough*

Let's see here...

Chrono Trigger was my first game, and I still play it on my DS copy.

Some of my other favorite RPGs are Final Fantasy Tactics, VII, and XIII, Legend of Dragoon, Secret of Mana, Lufia 1 and 2, and Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale.

And right now, I'm working on playing through... Disgaea DS, Cthulhu Saves the World, and Record of Agarest War.

FF Tactics, the only issue i had with it was it being BRUTALLY hard, perhaps the hardest game on the PSX that i ever played, not so the light GBA and crappy DS installments.

the Ar Tonelicos are fun, although a bit lacking on the exploration dept, as most recent rpgs. still have to start qoga

also:

Third Person Shooter + branching stories is NOT an rpg *coughmasscougheffectcough*

I never found Final Fantasy Tactics that hard, especially compared to it's spiritual predecessor Tactics Ogre. Okay, maybe it was a little hard... Still, it was indeed definitely worlds better than those GBA/DS FFT games.

This is the second time I've heard someone say Neptunia is really good. Consdiering it's professional reviews are abysmal, I'm now quite curious about this game. Too bad last time I checked the asking price for it on the internet was kind of exorbitant.

As for Final Fantasy VIII... I should probably just be quiet. I've had more than enough arguments over that game since it came out...

SKIES!

OF!

ARCADIAAAAAAAAAAA!

Seriously I love that game. It's pretty much the only jRPG I'll play anymore. It's the only game that I will deal with the frustrating random encounters for. Speaking of which, I've been meaning to read this for a while now.

Also, I'm glad there are others out there who liked FF8. I haven't played the original FFT, but I did like the GBA/DS versions.

I don't know what that is but it the name alone intrigues me. I'll look into that.

There's probably a few more but when someone mentions jRPGs I have to yell for SoA at the top of my lungs.

also:

I never found Final Fantasy Tactics that hard, especially compared to it's spiritual predecessor Tactics Ogre. Okay, maybe it was a little hard... Still, it was indeed definitely worlds better than those GBA/DS FFT games.

This is the second time I've heard someone say Neptunia is really good. Consdiering it's professional reviews are abysmal, I'm now quite curious about this game. Too bad last time I checked the asking price for it on the internet was kind of exorbitant.

for some reason that eludes me to this day i found Ogre easier... seriously, those boss fights at the end of chapter 3 of FFT are f****** awful

regarding neptunia, if you check those "profesional" reviews, they are almost always hating on the anime style and all its quirks, never seeming like actually checking the game (also, yeah, only found it by chance used on a gamestop on my last trip to the US)

and ef you good sir, VIII was awesome :D

@Havoc... you might be... erm... surprised by the art and story style of Neptunia... to say the least

Heh. Well, I did beat FFT without using cheat codes, which I couldn't do with Tactics Ogre back when I was a kid. I did have strategy guides for both games though, so I suppose there's that...

I didn't actually read many of the reviews, I just saw the scores it was getting. That's kind of stupid though. I love anime art. I might really have to pick up Neptunia someday, if I can ever find it reasonably priced.

I'll just go ahead and say we disagree strongly on FFVIII then...

Definitely Fallout, I think 1998 qualifies as classic now. :blush:

Oddly enough, I never considered Fallout to be an RPG but now that I think about it... :lol:

Okay then, although I loved Super Mario and the Legend of the Seven Stars growing up. I have to say that Fallout 3 and New Vegas are by far one of my favorite games :heart:

Planescape Torment

Oh gods, how could I forget that one!? Planescape is one of my favourite fantasy settings, along with Eberron.

P:T is also the only RPG I know where it's not only possible to win without fighting once but... (incoming game spoiler)

If your character is smart enough, you can talk the final boss to death.

OHHH! ware to even start!

In NO order.

fallout 1-3 (one and two are my top fave games EVER)

Diablo

Gothic

Morrowind

The Elder Scrolls: Arena

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

star wars knights of the old republic

Chrono Trigger

FF Tactics

ff 1-6 (ever thing after 6 can go DIE... ok 7 was ok... But that was the last one i can even get done i give ever one one a go but... ever time i do i want to kill the game with fire!)

Skies of Arcadia

The Witcher

The World Ends With You

Shadow Hearts: Covenant

all the Baldur's Gates

Chrono Cross

Phantasy Star 2

Secret of Mana

Lunar: The Silver Star

Shining Force

Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura (this is a must play in my book, it's just so dang good)

ok... I think I got them all! May have missed a few but I think I don't have to go looking.