What games are you currently playing?

hi hi

I get what is (or at least previously was) called "Doom Vertigo." When playing first person shooter type games I frequently get motion sickness to the point of being horribly nauseous. It is with that in mind that you might be able to understand how sad I am that I will never be able to play Portal or Portal 2.

On the other hand, I'm thinking about picking up a new game or two today, but I'm not sure what all I should get. Homeworld was recommended to me, and I have heard good things about Civ IV, but I never got into the earlier iterations.

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played Portal 2 for a while, then beat it. Mother of god.

Played Mortal Kombat, then beat it. That Final Boss was annoying as hell.

So now I guess I'm just playing multiplayer Mortal Kombat until I decide what to beat next.

Just finished playing some Homefront. Know what game I can wholeheartedly recommend?

Any game other than Homefront.

Mother of God, it's like they tried to screw up everything they possibly could, from the gameplay, to the writing, to the voice acting, AND tried making it as offensive as possible. I don't mean "look at them bash communists," that's kind of expected from the guy who created Red Dawn. I mean the fact that the one member of your squad who ever cries or regularly shows emotion of ANY KIND other than murderous fury is also the only woman character in the game (at least as far as I played, which is up until what I'd assume is the start of the second act). As for why that's so alarmingly bad: you discover a mass grave at one point. Nobody breaks down (presumably because she's not present).

Just finished playing some Homefront. Know what game I can wholeheartedly recommend?

Any game other than Homefront.

Mother of God, it's like they tried to screw up everything they possibly could, from the gameplay, to the writing, to the voice acting, AND tried making it as offensive as possible. I don't mean "look at them bash communists," that's kind of expected from the guy who created Red Dawn. I mean the fact that the one member of your squad who ever cries or regularly shows emotion of ANY KIND other than murderous fury is also the only woman character in the game (at least as far as I played, which is up until what I'd assume is the start of the second act). As for why that's so alarmingly bad: you discover a mass grave at one point. Nobody breaks down (presumably because she's not present).

I highly recommend Crysis 2 its 100 times better than Homefront =D

Currently Playing Bit.Trip.Runner this game is a nerve-wracking timing-crazy game that involves just jumping, sliding and a few other things you can do whilst Mr. Video runs. It gets harder and harder as it progresses and you can collect gold for points, it's insanely hard for such a simple idea.

9Mm_dpsF9yY

This is the level I'm currently stuck at funny enough.

Also replaying Final Fantasy one on NES for Wii's Virtual Console.

hi hi

Puck, you got me hooked on the Bit.Trip Runner soundtrack.

Haha I was just about to say that, the music is amazing, I'll give this game a try some day, it does look good.

Also, haven't played anything new recently other than Black Ops, Smash and Pokemon :I

I watched a Portal 2 Let's Play though, since I can't afford to get a console/good computer to play it.

hi hi

Puck, you got me hooked on the Bit.Trip Runner soundtrack.

Haha I was just about to say that, the music is amazing, I'll give this game a try some day, it does look good.

Also, haven't played anything new recently other than Black Ops, Smash and Pokemon :I

I watched a Portal 2 Let's Play though, since I can't afford to get a console/good computer to play it.

Friends this game is playable music, It's a great game, not much too it aside what you see there though which is some trippy effects and fast increasing difficulty. One of the few recent games I play I'd totally recommend it.

The other Bit.Trip. games are pretty good but I think this and Bit.Trip.Fate are the best.

Also recently got back into Pokemon HG, need ponies to battle/trade with! :ugeek:

Been playing a bit of a lot of things.

Chime being the most prominent. It's a nice little puzzle game that plays along with music, or rather the music plays and changes according to how you play. Definitely worth a look and 60% of the money made is donated to charity.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Produ ... 0258410a16

The Red Star is an action game that blends close range combat with bullet-hell style gameplay really well. It's based on a comic book, so I wasn't expecting it to be any good. It's an obscure game. I played it when visiting a friend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_St ... eo_game%29

I was given a copy of "Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble" which I didn't know was the last game in trilogy. I've been looking forward to playing the end of the series and heard great things about it.

I've recently been playing Distorted Travesty made by RainbowCrash.

Aww, thanks. :D

Fallout 3 and New Vegas, love them but Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 are my fave.

Woah I just started playing New Vegas again.

L.A. Noire

Its awesome >_< I just wish I wouldn't fail cases for shooting suspects in the leg. I mean, "Stop or I'll shoot" is a valid approach, right? Or have the movies lead me astray?!

Man, I have the reserved but have no money.

All PlayStation Network customers can select two PS3 games from the following list. The games will be available for 30 days shortly after PlayStation Store is restored and can be kept forever.

Dead Nation

inFAMOUS

LittleBigPlanet

Super Stardust HD

Wipeout HD + Fury

i ****ing LOVE sony

Wipeout is a sure dl, still debating between Dead Nation and LBP (infamous would be the second choice but already have it)

L.A. Noire

Its awesome >_< I just wish I wouldn't fail cases for shooting suspects in the leg. I mean, "Stop or I'll shoot" is a valid approach, right? Or have the movies lead me astray?!

I have heard nothing but good things about that game, unfortunately it isn't out for the xbox. :P

L.A. Noire

I have heard nothing but good things about that game, unfortunately it isn't out for the xbox. :P

Yes it is o.o I have it on the xbox. I know that the PS3 are having troubles with it because if you reserved it you got a DLC with it, and since the network ain't up yet, you can't download it. Well, not entirely up 100%, I think only a few services came back up but not the whole PSN.

Wait, did you mean xbox 360 or xbox xbox, like in the first xbox that came out? Cause I don't think they even make games for that anymore XP Sony was the only smart one in that they release a game on the PS2 every now and then if they think the title is good.

Archived