I feel horrible saying this, but...

Burn

I'm leaving the fandom.

Now I know that I've been off this site, and yes this site is still an amazing thing, but I just don't really like the fandom anymore. I'll still be on here and I'll watch videos every once in a while. But I've just lost interest. Reasons: 1. Probably because bronies can be really sensitive, I mean they get worked up over twilight becoming an alicorn. What are they supposed to do, stop doing the one thing that gets them money? (As you can see I don't care for Hasbro either)

2. They put ponies in unrelated things, just a Steven universe episode and some brony is like "OMFG THES GUYS LIKE MLP I HAV PROF!!!!!" and it's just annoying me.

3. The "love and tolerance" thing really bugs me, I saw a Facebook post saying "bronies are the best fandom because we only love and tolerate" and that's, just bull****. If I say one thing like "I like equestria girls" which I do, bronies will just say "my god, you really like that f****t material?" As if that's love and tolerance.

So yes, I will still roleplay and chat about mlp, but I won't be completing my OC any time soon (never) and I won't watch mlp episodes. Sorry if you get a little thrown off by this, but I've made my choice and am sticking with it. I've also left the furry fandom, for my fur-buds.

In case you're wondering, the fandom that I'm in right now is (mainly) undertale and splatoon.

If you want to talk about this, just pm me, because I don't feel like putting more information out, because I'm pretty sure I've already said enough.

I'll just pretend I'm into it as much as you are, just for the website I've made so many friends on.

Brohoof? /) [emoji6]

Your problem is that you let people's opinions that shouldn't matter get to you, in that somehow you must be an active part of a fandom to be a fan of a show.  None of the things you claim annoy you (bronies being sensitive, bronies making pony versions of whatever, bronies not liking Equestria girls and whatnot) would remotely affect my enjoyment (or lack thereof) the show.  If other people who just happen to also be fans annoy me, well I just ignore them and don't go to the places where they congregate; out of sight, out of mind.

In short you don't have to be involved in a fandom to be a fan.

My best example is Doctor Who.  Been a fan of the series since the Eighties, a fan of both old and new, however I find the Whovian fandom annoying.  What to do?  Well just ignore the fandom and focus on enjoying the show, not caring what the Whovians are doing, it isn't affecting me because I don't allow it to.

You have control, just take it.

I mean I don't want to leave, it's just I've been doing so many brony thing that some of my friends haven't talked to me in months I know these are stupid reasons but with all of these things happening I just want then over with, that's why I don't care for it anymore.

(\

But keep in mind, there are bronies who aren't over-sensitive about things like Twilight becoming an alicorn. Like me, for example.

As much as it is like a virus with ponification or claiming evidence of things that accept MLP, it is not important, and can be managed by ignoring these things. It works for me.

Those that say "love and tolerance" and don't stand by it are hypocrites, and those that brag exceedingly about the fandom can be annoying... point being, those kinds of people shouldn't matter to you. Their words should not be taken to heart, unless you are willing to be their friend to show them the way of being an actual brony.

This actually goes for anything in general-- in life.

"Leaving the fandom" is not a hard choice... if it disinterests you and you don't want to cope with it, it's alright to leave. Your reasons are not necessary to be said, because it's still a choice you feel you must do.

You won't have to feel like you're leaving for good, either... it's like leaving a house for other things, and then return someday if that's your goal.

(\

But keep in mind, there are bronies who aren't over-sensitive about things like Twilight becoming an alicorn. Like me, for example.

As much as it is like a virus with ponification or claiming evidence of things that accept MLP, it is not important, and can be managed by ignoring these things. It works for me.

Those that say "love and tolerance" and don't stand by it are hypocrites, and those that brag exceedingly about the fandom can be annoying... point being, those kinds of people shouldn't matter to you. Their words should not be taken to heart, unless you are willing to be their friend to show them the way of being an actual brony.

This actually goes for anything in general-- in life.

"Leaving the fandom" is not a hard choice... if it disinterests you and you don't want to cope with it, it's alright to leave. Your reasons are not necessary to be said, because it's still a choice you feel you must do.

You won't have to feel like you're leaving for good, either... it's like leaving a house for other things, and then return someday if that's your goal.

Exactly, some bronies are better than others, just that some people act like the brony fandom is better than any other fandom.

Exactly, some bronies are better than others, just that some people act like the brony fandom is better than any other fandom.

Right. In honest truth, it is just a personal opinion when it comes to what is a "better fandom" or has "better things", not a fact.

Hey man. If you think it's your time then I aint gonna stop ya. But at the very least you gotta remember that opinion are just opinions. If you let them hurt you then it's your fault. And don't get me wrong peer pressure is a real problem.. But just cuz theres a few very vocal people you have to remember theres darn well near hundreds of thousands who just wanna Keep Calm and Flutter On. Theres so many nice fans as opposed to the small droves are rabid Cronies.

I mean. I didn't care about Twilight's alicorn-ness I much prefer Unicorn Twily. But I mean... I don't blow up about it like the insurgents do xD I still love Twilight. But what BlackBerry said! Ya can't let it get to you.

But I reiterate.. if you think it's what you need to do then there isn't much any of us can physically do to stop ya. Just wouldn't be right <3

I mean I don't want to leave, it's just I've been doing so many brony thing that some of my friends haven't talked to me in months I know these are stupid reasons but with all of these things happening I just want then over with, that's why I don't care for it anymore.

Don't do those "brony" things then, if they don't interest you.  Personally that is separate from being a fan of the franchise.  You can still be a fan and watch it, but hey, if the show itself doesn't interest you anymore, then just move on.

I agree with brianblackberry, you don't have to be in the fandom if you like the show. Heck, I didn't join the fandom until a year after I discovered the show and declared I liked it. If you don't like the fandom because of some jerks, I can understand that, it's not easy getting along with everybody but that shouldn't mean you give up MLP forever. This really comes down to two different questions

1. Do you still like the show?

2. Do you still enjoy being part of the fandom?

If no to both, then I hope you have fun wherever life brings you. If yes to the first, then you can still watch the show. Either way, I wish you luck Burn.

Ehh, if you still like the show then you could just be like me. I like the show but I'm no brony. A lot of bronies annoy me actually, hehe. I don't like 'fandom' culture, it's sort of... well there doesn't seem to be anything good about it. Haha...

From my experiences...

It's better to just ignore the worst cases of the fandom. They're there believe me. They don't represent it in its entirety. There are still those who have the 'love & tolerate' mentality they've just become slightly harder to find now.

Besides, if there's anything I've come to learn with recent internet experiences it's to just flat out not care what others think of you or opinions that you hold.

If they say stuff like that... just ignore it and realize that they're are going to be others who's entire purpose in life seems to be to put others down for the ridiculous reason of 'I don't like the way this person feels about X so I'm going to harass them because they feel this way about X and the way I feel about X is the correct way to feel about X and the only way to feel about X so they have to feel the same way about X as well'

So... yeah...

Just stop caring what others think. The only thing that really matters in the end is what you think.

Either way if you can't deal with it anymore than that's your choice.

I don't know if you still enjoy the show but it's possible that it may have never been meant for you in the first place.

Either way it's your decision and your decision alone.

I don't consider myself a part of this -- or any other -- fandom. You don't have to consider yourself in a "fandom" to like something, or to celebrate it. Ignore everyone else if they're saying/doing things you don't like; you're not forced to have any sort of relationship with anyone just by decree of a fandom label.

Fandom communities, especially internet ones, are a fairly fluid thing. Leaving or joining, neither is really a big deal. This means you can always come back if life circumstances currently aren't good, or if you find it taking up too much of your life. There is too much of a good thing, after all. I've been way, way too into some MMOs in the past.

As for Fandoms and how members behave. I've always been of the stance that real fans debate and disagree, but look past that and realize the only reason they have those arguments is because they have a mutual passion for a material. That is certainly not an excuse to be rude or unkind (though it can often happen unintentionally), I think it does happen when someone forgets that, much as the show sort of reflects, we're all different, but that's no reason we can't be friends and get along with one another.

Which, while it in no way makes pony fandom the best, if the lessons are actually taken in and thought about, is certainly potential for greater patience and kindness in dealing with others. Of course, YMMV and there will always be people who get into things because they see it's popular, not because they actually see the intrinsic values and draws inherent to it.

Archived