Board games you enjoyed as a kid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzwkWvAnRbU

Normally I HATED girly girl stuff (except the MLP toys and Strawberry Shortcake) but this game was so fun to play! lol, it ended up becoming a tradition to bring that board game over to a friend's place so we'd sit inside her tree house playing a bunch of board games together. We were all devastated when we lost the magic wand and then the part of the game where it'd talk no longer worked and busted so we had no choice but to throw the game out.

Normally I HATED girly girl stuff (except the MLP toys and Strawberry Shortcake) but this game was so fun to play!

Haha, I remember that game! My sister had it, and she made me play it with her. It was kind of a sadistic game, I'd always end up with almost everything I needed, then 'HAHAHA, TURN INTO A FROG!'

I never really liked bored games when I was little, but my favourite is frame-it :3

AAAAC9ULffoAAAAAAVQVgQ.jpg?v=1305028517000

what you do is shake the cube thing, then make the nine squares in the middle match the ones in the cube as fast as you can (like one of those sliding puzzles, but the edges don't matter)

I was in the hospital in grade 5 and one of my uncles got it for me. you don't really need a second player to play it, so I practiced it by myself in my room and I was able to finish almost every puzzle in under ten seconds flat :blah: to be more realistic, probably 20-45 seconds, depending on where my pieces were.

I used to play Life, Risk, and Axis & Allies. Of course, those were the days when family game night actually meant something. These days, I don't think I know very many people that play board games anymore. But I remember the good 'ol days when we'd pop something on the radio, sit down with some popcorn, chips, and soda, and play a game of Life or Candyland. :) I never played Clue when I was little, I think there was too much thinking that was beyond my capacity back then. I remember playing Sorry, too. :)

My favorite board game was probably Scrabble. I'm weird like that. I also rather loved Clue.

But yeah, we would play most of the classics though: Monopoly, Life, etc.

I used to love playing Mouse Trap and Monopoly. Although admittedly Monopoly led to a lot of quarrels between my brother, cousins, and myself. One of them still owes me rent for landing on Broadway with a Hotel! Still, another game I used to love playing was the Pac-Man board game. Came out in 1982, 3 years before I was born. When my brother and I were 7, we were helping my dad clean out the storage room (because I wanted my own room) and we stumbled upon the board game buried in a corner of the room. Needless to say it took longer for me to get my own room seeing as we started playing and stopped cleaning.

Have a pic! Took me forever to find a picture... At least until I realized that maybe I should be searching for Pac-Man "board" game instead of just Pac-Man game.

I loved Monopoly, Clue and for some bizarre reason, Perfection. While I was a fan of Connect 4, I was... kinda the smartest person in the house or something, as nobody could beat me on their best day.

I am also old enough and Catholic enough to remember when it was "Snakes and Ladders" and not "Chutes and Ladders".

Oh! One more one more! My grandma had Parcheesi or however you officially spell it. I LOVED that game!

hi hi

I grew to have a bit of an aversion to board games as a kid. My brother was two years older than me, two years smarter than me, and I always lost whenever we played Chess, Stratego, Risk or anything that wasn't purely based on luck. (and I don't much care for purely luck based games) I suppose it wasn't until I was older that I realized that getting crushed repeatedly didn't mean I was bad at said games, it just meant that my brother was exceptionally good.

Recently, however, I've been playing lots of board games with my friends and some of my new favorites are:

• Settlers of Catan

• Arkham Horror

• Red November

• Ghost Stories

Edit: And when I say always, I'm not exaggerating. Every. Single. Time.

• Settlers of Catan

• Arkham Horror

• Red November

• Ghost Stories

Yesss, I love Arkham and Ghost Stories. I made the mistake of buying too many expansions for Arkham though, and now set up takes agonizingly long, and actually playing gets far too bogged down with all the extra rules to worry about. I need to go through and remove the expansion cards so we can play a lighter version of the game and actually enjoy it again.

I'm avoiding buying the Ghost Stories expansion just because I made that mistake with Arkham. Also, I hear it actually makes the game easier, which is exactly the opposite of what we actually want. I've never played Red November though, I'll have to check that one out.

Anyway, back on topic, I liked a few of the standard games, monopoly, sorry, parcheesi, etc. I also remember Save The Whales was one I liked, though it was kind of depressing in content, since most of the time you'd at least lose one or two species to extinction.

• Settlers of Catan

• Arkham Horror

• Red November

• Ghost Stories

Oh, oh! Settlers of Catan I love this one :D, I try to play this game with brother and his GF every week! It is so cool. I used to play Risk too ^_^. One of my fav board games was Game of Throne, very good game! :) I have played aswell Warhammer chaos in the old world.

Right now I'm trying to get any RPGs/New RTS board games ^_^.