[open] A voice in the woods...

Ashton

It had been a peaceful day in the town, strangely there were no dragon attacks, wild windigos or even a certain white unicorn running around screaming about the worst thing _ever_ happening. A nice, Calm day.

There was a nice breeze blowing out of the woods near the everfree on the outskirts of town. While these woods were note technically part of the everfree they were still considered moderately dangerous, since it wouldn't' take much to wander too deep and be inside the nefarious forest, but they were close enough to the town to be safe enough that ponies routinely wandered around in or near them, and the road went straight past the woods.

There was something different though, As you walk, or perhaps glide by low to the ground, you her a quiet voice from the darkened woods "Will you play with me? Come play with me!" and from where you hear the voice, you see an old and battered hoofball roll out of the woods towards you...

What will you do now?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((That's the beauty of this... you dont know yet... ;)... since it's FFA it might not even be a character I've ever used before, or for all y'all know it might be a watermelon Twlight accidentally hit with a 'come to life' spell! or a somehow-foal-ed-Luna! (though just FYI, no it's not a foal'd luna... or a watermelon... -_-) Though I suggest a foal or a VERY open-minded adult if your trying to choose a character to use in this RP))

Augercorn the village idiot/ strong man was walking around looking for something to entertain himself. The giant orange Clydesdale had his white hair back in a messy tie which which he set up to keep it out of his eyes. 

He then saw the mysterious note he came over and read it it. Smiling looking around 

"oooh play that sounds fun! Don't worry I'll play with you he said running off into the woods!

augercorn wasn't sure who or what was going on but that was half the fun! 

When he entered the woods he would likely be suprised, what he found wasn't a pony, or even a griffen... it was a small changeling foal, who was grinning ear to ear "Yay! Someone to play with!" she grinned happily, literally jumping around with joy buzzing her tiny wings, no malice in her eyes, no anger, rage, or hatered, just pure foalhood innocense. "wow your big!" she exclaimed, still grinning. It was clear that for whatever reason, this changeling had no idea her race was supposed to hate ponies, she didn't see him as anyone but someone who was willing to play with her, and while he did feel the tiniest tug on his emotions from being near her, it was barely even noticeable and no doubt whatever 'feeding' she was doing off him would be minimal and she probably didn't even know she was doing it. Consequently, he would feel no other tugs on him, meaning that there were no other changelings around... She grinned as she watched the ball eagerly, waiting for him to kick it.

EDIT:

oh and if your wondering:

Flux tilted her head as she saw the large stallion run off into the woods. That looked like fun! She immediately bounced her way over to where he had been, following his trail until she found him playing with a changeling foal. Her smile only widened at that, and the changeling disguised as a unicorn hopped over happily. 

"Hiya! I'm Flux! Who're you two?" She chirped, watching them with her wide smile. 

Augercorn was indeed surprised when he saw a changeling! 

His first instinct was to smash it like a bug ... But that was his instinct for near almost anything. He took a good look at her and smiled. He may be an idiot but he was always good with empathy ... Earth pony pony thing

"aww well ain't you a sweetheart! Well yeah i may be big but your pretty small!" He said scooping her up tickling her before going over to the ball kicking it over

he looked over and and saw flux and froze 

"ummm I'm dr. Mcfleagbag the third and this is my daughter; daughty! Nothing to see here; move along!" 

The foal giggled at the tickling, clearly very happy at the attention, no doubt she'd not had much of any love lately. "maybe oen day I'll be as big as you!" she laughed, there was the tiniest shimmer to her as she said that, accidentally triggering her changing powers, but at this point they were too under developed to be activated so easily, if she had learned to shift, it was only something she could consciously do, and given the fact she was out here in her natural form, it was questionable if she even could!

She grinned at the appearance of the 'unicorn' and gave a little cheer "More friends!" she said, obliviously innocent, she giggled at Auger's supposed name, but grinned "I'm Hope!" she said "Who're you?" she asked the unicorn

Flux giggled at the stallion's introductions, turning to look at Hope instead as she spoke. The disguised changeling tilted her head slightly as Hope finished, then giggled and hopped over to boop her nose playfully. 

"Silly Hope, I already told you! I'm Flux!" She said, smiling wide as she let her eyes turn back to their natural changeling form for a second before changing them back into pony eyes. Hopefully the stallion couldn't see that, but it appeared it wouldn't be a problem if he did. 

Augercorn looked between the two and saw the connection. 

2 changelings! But ... They weren't trying to claw and bite him like usual! 

"This is ... Strange" he said as he went over and protectively put his foreleg over hope

"so uhh changelings ... How about that stuff ... Hey hope she's not your mommy or anything is she? Don't worry I let anything hurt you" he said 

"Your like me!" exclaimed the foal, no sense of subtlely, but luckily it didn't seem like their pony friend here was too concerned about changelings "Have you seen my mommy and Daddy?"

Hope got very quiet "Mommy and daddy left me behind..." she said "they told me to go play and when I came back they were gone..." she said, clearly this had left a mark on her innocence, but not one that destroyed her entirely, maybe she still thought they were looking for her or that they were coming back... she seemed only vaguely aware of the possibility that they had abandoned her... and completely unaware that they might have met a darker fate...

Well, it seemed they both knew now. Oh well, Flux simply let the disguise drop, buzzing her wings a bit to wake them up. 

"No, I don't think I did." She said, humming in thought until Hope spoke again, making the changeling frown. 

"Well... Until we find them, why don't you stay with us? We'll take care of you!" Flux chirped, smiling encouragingly at Hope. "They were probably just busy doing other stuff when you went to find them."

Well now! Not just 1 but 2 nice changelings; your really do see and learn something new everyday! Thought augercorn. 

He scooped up hope and held her in his arms 

"hmmm well let's be honest most changeling arnt very nice ... And most ponies arnt very nice to changelings. 

just like when I was your age; you don't have a lot of choices, however those choices are still yours to make!" He said giving her a gentle squeeze of affection 

"maybe..." said hope "I guess they might have been busy for the three days I waited..." she commented innocently, though it was clear she had some doubts

"I dont know, where do you live?" asked Hope, her foalish nievatae adorable.

she giggled as auger lited her up, clearly enjoying it "your nice to me, she's nice to me, your nice to each other, I dont see anyone not being nice" she smiled, foalish logic, though she cocked her head at his comments "what choices?" she asked, confused, but smiling at the squeeze and squeezing him back best she could

Three days? Wow, that was strange. Flux tilted her head at that, listening as the two spoke. 

"Oh, I like to travel around. Where do you live, Baggy?" Flux asked, looking at the stallion. 

Augercorn was a bit unsure 

he looked between them both as they talked. 

A slight growl could be heard when she said her parents pretty much abandoned her. 

He held her out in his forelegs and said "well if you want us to take care of you or not; and who you want to be!" 

He he then pulled her back in looking at flux as if protecting her from the older changeling 

changlings main power was trickery ... And augercorns weakness has always been his brain. He wasn't sure if he could trust her; and her being nice was changling trickery! He wasn't going to have hope be hurt by a changeling. And he said 

"I have a couple safehouses ... A couple ponies I can stay with" 

((just FYI, no her parents didn't abandon her, they were caught in the 2nd attack on ponyville and got locked in the castle (taken from the comics) so it's not quite as grim as it sounds))

Hope looked unsure "well I dont want my parents to worry whenever they get back... but it does get scary in the woods at night..." she struggled and struggled and finally shifted into a timberwolf, albiet a little one "I even tried sleeping like this and they still came after me..." she then strugged and managed to slift back, clearly she was still learning how to use her pwoers and it was difficult "I wouldn't mind a nice soft bed" she admitted awkwardly... then her stomach growled "...and amybe a snack... or two..." she smiled a little

(Funny, I like to think that Flux was part of the hive until the attack on Canterlot in the show, but she lost her memory after being blasted away from the city and landing near Ponyville.)

"Let's go then!" Flux chirped, nodding at Hope's desire for food. She was getting kinda hungry too. "Maybe I can help you get better at changing while we look or wait for your parents!" The adult changeling took a moment to tickle Hope before hopping around excitedly. 

"I love making new friends! Let's go find your parents so we can be friends!" She said, clearly excited to get going and make new friends.

Augercorn was about yell and say something about how they shouldn't bother ... But in a small moment of insight he figured now was not the time.

he set hope down and gave her an efectiante nuzzle. He didn't have the intent of feeding her love but perhaps it might do the trick.

"ok follow me; make sure you bring that awsome ball!" He said as he trotted along.

he had a hard time going slow. He was used to running and sprinting around. But he did t want to let hope or flux out of his sight. 

Soon they went to the side of a large wheat field and to a barn looking building 

he opened the door receiving a dirty but very sturdy looking interior "welcome to my super secret club!" 

The he inside was all metal and a lot of dangerous weapons were strown about like a kid who didn't have to pick up there toys. 

Hope nodded, more than glad to follow and get a meal in her belly, and like her new BIG friend aske,d she made sure to bring the ball "Lets all be the besterst of friends!" she said happily

When they reached the barn the little changeling's eyes buged out, well bugged out more "Woah! This place is amazing!" she said, running around and looking at all teh weapons, trying to lift one with her mouth and then with ehr magic, and failing both times thanks to it's weight. She panted a moment "wow, are you like some kind of super hero that goes around saving equestria from evil monsters?" she asked, the irony completely lost on her...

Flux bounced along happily as she followed the stallion. She doubted she had his real name, but oh well. 

"Yeah! BFFs!" Flux chirped back, humming happily. When they made it to the barn, she gave a little 'ooh' noise as the doors opened. She liked the chaotic nature of the weapons just laying around instead of being on racks or something. 

"Cool house Baggy!" She said, following Hope inside and giving her a happy hug as they both looked at the stallion, expectantly awaiting the answer. 

Augercorn blushed and took the large sword away from hope 

this was a bit more embarrassing than he imagined 

"uhh well no ... That's a good idea though we should try that sometime. But no ... I have gone on lots of adventures and killed a lot of monsters and bad ponies and a whole but load of cha-" he caught himself he wasn't going to tell hope just yet how many changlings he had fought and killed over the years. 

"cha-sen ra's, evil spirits that like to tease and haunt the Buffaloes" 

he he pulled a rope which closed the doors and turned the lights on they were a bit harsh but you could see everything clearly and they cast very little shadow.

"me and my brother made this place when we were young. ... By the way; My real name is Hyper phobia but you can call me Augercorn!"

he he looked to flux he still wasn't sure if he could trust her and tossed the blade over his shoulder. He supposed it didn't matter if she knew his real name and the name he actually used for himself

((he's gonna kill them isn't he?))

"You met the buffalo? I've never seen one!" she grinned "Oh! What's a Chasenra look like?" she asked, 100% believing him, her naivete and innocence making her all the more adorable. "My whole name's Fleeting Hope, but there's a famous pony called fleet so everyone calls me hope instead!" she added, hearing Aug's full name, and apparently not even knowing exactly who or what the Wonderbolts were, just hearing 'Fleet' as a 'famous pony' 

((gotta love how she's so trusting that it's poking holes in his story without her even trying to! lol))

(That's the interesting thing. Usually auger corn is a very hyper very immature nutbag. But now that he's taking care of hope he'll do whatever it will take to protect her even if it means maturing 

and I dont know who you think auger will kill but he usually solves his problems with his hooves or blades so .... Probably)

augercorn smiles and nods "yeah names are weird! So um from what I understand from changeling anatomy you guys can live off of pony food; but you get most of your health from love right?" 

he went over to a turned over book shelf and threw it off with ease. He looked they the pile of books and found one about changeling biology. 

Oddly most of the books were medical in nature. He opened to a picture of a changeling autopsy and quickly flipped the page making sure hope didn't see 

"Cool!" Flux said, smiling widely at the stallion as he spoke about stuff. When he gave his real name, she waved at him happily, letting go of Hope as she began bouncing around the room. "I'm Flux! There's probably more, but I don't remember it." She said as she bounced.

"Yeppers! Love is great!" She chirped in response to Auger's question.

Archived