[open] A voice in the woods...

Ashton

"we do?" she asked, clearly unaware of this, but then she was young and even if she'd been told before she probably forgot, waundering over and looking at the pile of books "you have a lot of books!" she said, not even bothering to look at what they were, at her age they coudl all be empty notebooks and she'd still think it was a huge and amazing colelction... poor foal would probably lose her head if she saw the royal library, of course she'd probably completely miss the massive scale and say the samething... "When are we gonna eat? I'm hungry. All I ahd today were some berries and they gave me a tummy ache" she said sadly, no doubt having eaten some... less than healthy... berries she had found... at the very least she was going to need to be taught what NOT to eat before she accidentally poisoned herself badly or worse...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Augercorn sighed 

he felt like he could handle any situation; but raising a filly a changeling, was one at that! was something he was completely unprepared for.

he figured the best he could do; and he didn't like it. He was still wary flux was like all the rest of the changelings, and was going to scoop up hope and escape with her. Then raise her to be evil with the rest of her hive!

But it he nor his books knew about how to teach a baby changeling. 

He looked to flux and softly asked " Ummm; flux can you teach her how to feed  on love? In the meantime I'll make a tonic for her little belly ... And tacos" 

he he went to a corner of the room and began making some medicine for her. Just a little bit as the more important thing was to keep her hydrated 

he peered into his book and there was only speculations and theory about what the healthy amount of water intake for a young changeling should be

"yup this is going to be harder than I thought."

Flux nodded to Hope's question, stopping and sitting down facing her. 

"Yep! Changelings need love, it's very important." She said, nodding sagely. "Okily dokily!" She chirped at Auger's request, smiling as she went over to Hope. 

"So, what do you know about feeding on love?" She asked, tilting her head. 

"Thank you" she said to the stallion as he said he was going to make medicine for her tummy... and tacos! She didn't know what they were but they sounde dlike food! Hope looked a little nervous as she faced the other changeling but smiled awkwardly "that it tastes good and has a wierd slippery texture... and it kinda wiggles going down" she said

Augercorn listened to the 2 changeling girls. 

It would seem they both have a lot to teach her. Once he was finished with the tonic he added a bit of salt for taste and to help hydrate her. He also filled a glass of water and came over with them both 

"here drink both of these." He said hopping it would do the trick 

he went over to the cooking area again and pulled out some grain for the tacos which he crushed by kicking them over and over 

"Well... Yes, that is true. When you feed, you just gotta reach out with your magic and draw the emotional energy into yourself." Flux said, holding one hoof up as she spoke, finishing just as Auger came back with water and something else. 

"Thanks, Augy!" She said happily, smiling at him. 

"...ok..." she said, her horn glowing slightly a few times, almost 'blinking'  as she thought about this, though given the fact neither flux nor aug felt anything it was clear she either still didn't understand or didn't try to do it just yet. she smiled, nodding enthusiastically with flux "Thanks augy!" she said too as she drank both, making an 'eww' face at the potion, more than glad to have the water to wash it down with, she smiled though as it calmed her stomach "that feels better" she said, then her mind returned to the original topic "When are we gonna eat?" she asked, glancing around "I want a puppy" 

no doubt the two sentences might put upsetting ideas into the two older ponies heads, but Hope continued this new train of thought "he'd be fun to play with, and I could pet him and ride him and name him bun-bun!" she smiled, imagining the mis-named puppy in her mind, though no doubt given ehr age in another five minutes she would have completely forgotten it...

Augercorn looked like he was performing a surgery, with tools and liquid spatered everywhere 

he spun around covered in spices and shouted "now your speaking my laungaige!" 

Mm he put his culinary ... Creation in an oven and ran around 

he pokes his head up from a counter and says 

"no puppies ... But there are lots of cats that hang around the field outside maybe you can catch one of your fast enough?"

"You want a puppy? Puppies are fun!" Flux chirped, smiling at Hope. "And don't worry if you don't get feeding yet, it's kinda hard to explain. Especially since I don't remember how I learned about it!"

She nodded "Puppies are fun!" she agreed "well I can still eat, right? when are the tagos gonna be ready?" she asked accidentally mincing the word (of course having never heard it before that could easily be forgiven), and already the thought of the puppy she wanted to have and name 'bun bun' starting to slip from her normal foalish ADHD mind.

Augercorn seemed to crawl into the wall and he came out with a some powder which he put under the oven and 

boom!

A small explosion could be heard 

he then came out with a tray of tacos that actually looked pretty tasty 

"I don't know how changelings taste things but these have a lot of good stuff in them."He said setting up a make shift table and chair for them all 

"Tacos. With a c, silly!" Flux said, giggling a bit as Auger came out with the tacos. She smiled at the food before carrying Hope over and setting her in a chair, putting enough stuff under her so that she could see properly. She then took a different seat, magically serving tacos for the three of them. 

"Thanks for the tacos, Augy!" She chirped as she began eating. 

"We taste them with our tonges!" said Hope with a nod, as if this was the perfect answer to what he asked... "do ponies taste things with a different part?" she asked, no doubt envisioning something wierd like sticking their tail in a pie or something to see how it tasted...

she looked over at fluc "with a 'c'?" she asked "Cagos?" wheather she was being silly or not was up for question given the age she was at... she looekd back at auger though "Thank you!" she said, her little horn glowing and the taco floating a little but quickly falling back down "aww..." she sighed but took it in her hooves and held it, though it seemed less like she didn't have the strenght, but rather lacked hte endurance to hold it, something that woudl no doubt improve with time and practice.

Augercorn giggled a little. He was about to explain some things about tongues. But then he stopped observing as she used her magic

He let out a sigh "what am I going to do with you?" He asked out loud 

he then looked to flux and asked

"so flux? Where's the rest of your hive?"

"No, silly, taco. Not cago or tago, taco." She said, giggling again as she continued eating. She liked Hope, she was a fun little changeling. 

"I'm not part of a hive. So nowhere." Flux replied to Auger's question, smiling over at him. 

"Ta-co..." said hope, sounding it out "ta-co" she repeated "Taco!" she giggled, knowing she had it right now, biting into it "mmmmm, its good!" she said with a wide, fanged, grin. If she were older it would be very creepy, as such it was amsot cute... still a tiny bit creepy... but mostly cute...

Augercorn looked over and he smiled to hope "there ya go kid!" He said happily. He watched as she smiled and bared her fangs.

this only reminded Augercorn that while she was a sweet young girl now, no Doudt the evil nature behind changelings would be dormant inside her ... Which is all the more important to protect her. 

Augercorn wasn't sure if he believed flux when she said she was a stray. But it still that would make since if she really was good natured. 

He quickly ate one of his taco's and while he was chewing he realized how surreal it was that he was eating dinner with 2 changelings and he wasn't even planning on killing them! 

"huh ... so after this ill make a bed for you; and while I'm working on that why don't you two, practice your magic and changeling stuff? And then maybe we can all just run around like crazy for a bit; that's sounds fun right?"

"Good job, Hope!" Flux said, smiling at her. She smiled at Auger as he spoke, nodding as he said they could practice changeling stuff while he got beds ready. 

"That sound fun, Hope? I know running around is pretty fun usually." She said, giggling a bit. 

Hope clapped her hooves together in excitement "Yay! I get to play with alla my new friends!" she exclaimed, almost dancing in her chair she was so happy, completely forgetting about the second taco right now

((and that right there is why I do foal RPs, it's an absolute overload of 'D'awwwwwww!!!))

Hope tried to do the same thing as her older friends, but gaged, turning a little red "I'll jus' be a moment on mine" she said, takign smaelr bites, though trying to eat quickly, looking forward to what fun she was going to have with her new friends

Augercorn almost jumped up scarred she was choking, he stopped and he realized she was fine.

augercorn chuckled at the idea of him of all ponies was about to save a changeling.  "Make sure you chew you crazy little bug!" He said warmly 

ince there food was done augercorn dashed grabbing the plate and putting them in a large walk in oven and turned it on. 

He he looked to the girls and shouted "right! Give me some time to make that bed!"  

Augercorn didnt have have a bed in the safe house; given his near infinite energy and the fact that he rarely stayed in one place for long. 

He he looked around thinking he could make one but groaned realizing even if he could make a frame he didn't have anything to make a soft mattress out off. 

He he got on his knees and scurried around the floor a bit till he found his old escape hatch and crawled thru. Once out side he ran into ponyvill flailing his for legs all the way. 

Once he he got to the center of town he looked around trying to find a way to acquire a bed. 

Flux frowned at Hope's gagging, watching to make sure she took her time more from then on. After Auger put the plates away and left to get the bed ready for later, she turned to Hope and smiled. 

"Hey Hope, what're your favorite colors?" She asked, tilting her head a bit quizzically. 

Hope watched him go with a look of confusion on her face...  "where did he go?" she asked, seeing the big pony dissapear into the floor, confused since her her mind 'make a bed' means he was going to get a sleeping bag out for her...

She looked over at flux and grinned "GReen! and Blue! and red! and yellow! and..." this went on for everal minutes, even including several unusual colors like 'saffron' and cienna' though it was clear the changling was too young to have really set anything down in stone about herself, even personal things like this, of course if flux had any use for this information, the first answer or two was probable the highest on the proverbial scale.

Archived