Whats in the feed bag? Pony food Q

Boss_Hoss1

Since my Madam Bistro runs a place that serves food as well as pastries and anything coffee related, I was considering what would be good and pony-friendly to put on the menu besides pastries and oatmeal.

I've heard sunflower smoothies, and daisy and buttercup sandwiches on the show.

Hmm I can see grilled veggies and veggie shish-ka-bobs, anypony else have ideas?

I think it was a daffodil and daisy sandwich. :)

Also, in that same episode, Spike ordered Hay Fries.

Anyway, think about normal things horses eat, plants that are edible, and also fruits, vegetables, and berries.

I'm pretty sure they drink milk, since we saw in Boast Busters and Twilight milked cows in a barn. So milkshakes would probably work. Oh, and smoothies!

What was said above, as well as most nuts and acorns (didn't Spike order extra crispy acorns?). I can image they could also eat wheat, rye, corn, and barley, as well as anything derived from those products (including alcoholic beverages). Dairy products I imagine are also acceptable.

Grass is also acceptable to serve and I'd guess most veggies would work too, grilled or raw (Spike did ask for 'Hay Fries' once).

Pinkie Pie, in "Fall Weather Friends" DID mention 'hot dogs' but my guess is that she meant the vegetarian variety (such as tofu hot dogs) and didn't mean the meat kind.

It does seem odd that in "Show Stoppers" we saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders feeding pigs on a farm. If all ponies are non-meat eaters, why raise hogs? Cows and goats can give milk, sheep can produce wool and chickens (like the ones Fluttershy has) can produce eggs (which is technically meat, but Pinkie Pie did produce a queesh (sp) once in "Owls Well that Ends Well") but if you can't butcher a pig, what logical good does it make to raise them?

Oops, I digress... hope this helps, Boss.

:):):)

It does seem odd that in "Show Stoppers" we saw the Cutie Mark Crusaders feeding pigs on a farm. If all ponies are non-meat eaters, why raise hogs? Cows and goats can give milk, sheep can produce wool and chickens (like the ones Fluttershy has) can produce eggs (which is technically meat, but Pinkie Pie did produce a queesh (sp) once in "Owls Well that Ends Well") but if you can't butcher a pig, what logical good does it make to raise them?

Here's your answer Mojo!

6170%20-%20Apple_family%20deviantart%20lauren_faust%20pigs%20truffles%20word_of_faust.png

Thanks for the replies. At least I now have some ideas for prepared food. I hope to see more ideas on what they would eat as prepared food.

For example, in another RP elsewhere on the net, I have a pair of superhero friends, a young buck deer and a goat buck, an when they get together, they snack on Malted Cud Balls (their version of Milk Duds).

Lets see, instead of faux-cud products, maybe hay twisted into a "rope" bar and rolled in honey and nuts?

Hmmm for main sandwich fare, going by the posts above, maybe Garden Salad Sandwich, or Filly Cheese melt vege-sandwich, or chilli cheese soydogs...