[Age of Heroes] Gate Kicker [open!]

Dusty

(featuring: Lightning Dust! In her first outing in the hero AU. Read her back story for info on where she is from and why!)

-OS rebooted-

-All systems online-

-Enforcer states: Online-

-Implants states: Online-

-ERROR: failed to content to ECCM-

-ERROR: failed to content to CCNW-

-Offline mood engaged, follow standing directive-

-Directive: content to ECCM, CCNW. Irrelevant to primary directive given.-

-New directive: deploy the anchor at break. Unknown ware break is-

-New directive: locate break, gather info to narrow search window.-

Lightning Dust winched in pain for a moment as her eyes opened, the walls of text fading away from her field of view. She… Was crying? Was she? She was upset about something. Irrelevant. Looking around she started documenting the world around her. Green… Trees… blue sky. It was fit for life, just like she was told. Her home use to look like this in days long ago, forests use to be commonplace books say. She wondered why someone will care so much as to plant so many trees and water them. Seemed like a lot of work when you can just scrub the air faster and better than they can. Looking to the city before her she documented it as a small one, crude and on the dirt like old times. No flying transports or cargo ships can be seen, little to no industrial output can be seen. Waste of space and workers but a fine starting point for her work, leaving the smoking crater in the ground she takes to the skies.

Up closer look the city was worthless. She was no city development team but the layout was bad, wasted space, useless buildings, useless intermixing of districts as ponies walked about wasting time. Ware are the overlords to keep the workers working? This world was going to be easy to take over and improve. But for now she must find more info about this world. Where to start? Scanning the streets below she spotted a pony in blue, he was enforcing some laws on some of the workers it seems. This world's Enforcers? Only one way to know. She dives down, slamming into the sidewalk it shatters under her legs as dust and concrete is kicked up. The cop did not even get time to understand what happened as she grabbed his head in her claws, forcing his muzzle shut as he flailed and did all he can to remove himself but it was too late, she already had him gravity locked to her claws. She looked over at the earth pony he was giving a ticket too. “I am Enforcer LDEL6370, I demanded to know where the ECO of this city is found.” She asked in a cold almost robotic tone as the cop let out muffled screams as dozens of small black tendrils forced their way inside his nose as as they emerged from around the base of her leg.

“Unless you wish to have me remove what I want by force, it’s painful.” She added with without a hint of remorse as the cop flailed and shivered as if he was having a seizure as she started digging around his brain for useful info. He’d live, but he’d not be himself for weeks… Heroes? A wave of news, stories and everything this cop knew about them flooded in to her. This… This was fascinating. Far more than whatever the whimpering earth pony the cop was given a ticket to was saying to her. From what this cop knew they may be a danger to her and her the directive…

-New directive: locate a “hero” and study for risk to directive-

So she must. Dropping the cop in a heap she looked around the city and the onlookers as her wings opened up. “Thank you Officer Hot Coffee, you will be recommended for Enforcer training.” She says to the twitching and whimpering wreck of a cop as she took to the skies. She must find a hero and Skull Jack them, the risk they may give to her directive was far to great for her too not learn about them. Now… Where to find one.

• Like 2

Thank goodness Lus never slept... if she did need to partake in that old past time of sleeping she would have been exhausted this morning. All night she'd been working to set up the equipment for the big rave tonight. Trying to help supervise lighting guys when you had only grasped the concept of magical electrical power grids was enough of a stepping stone for her to go over, but having to do so with a fake head was positively infuriating. Now there was not much left she could do but fritter away the daylight until night fell and she could do her other job. 

... then she heard and felt something very weird. It was near impossible to describe, all she could say was that there was something very... off right now about the world in general, and for once it didn't feel like it was the mare who carried her own head in a purse!

Normally daylight hero work wasn't her thing... at earliest she was mostly a dusk kind of heroine.  Increasingly long shadows often gave her a bit of an edge in the fights. Right now all she could say is that felt very wron-- "An officer was attacked by some kind of... robot thing!" 

Well, that civilian just said all she needed to know: Evil robot needs a horseshoe planted firmly on her metallic plot. The Hooded figure of a pony would take her bag and move off to an empty alley. Shadows around her darkened until it looked as it a hole had been cut in the world... and when they brightened up again a new figure stood there. A pony clad in shadowy, wispy armor would emerge and soon a floating head would orbit around her with a curious smile on her lips.  The mare's presence came along with a wave of unease that made some of the ponies on the street shiver.  One of these terrified ponies was chosen to answer her a question, "Excuse me, Sir. I believe there was mention of someone attacking an officer... have you seen where they they went?" The stallion could barely stammer out a response and so instead pointed upward. 

"Huh... Of course it'd be a flier...just my luck. Have yourself a blessed day..." She would bow towards him before speaking up with an unearthly volume, "All of you may want to cover your ears... and run." 

The head's nostrils flared as she took in a deep breath (What with? Who knows?) and then shouted out in a voice that seemed to rock the minds of everypony for five blocks...

"Whoever attacked this officer.... I'll be waiting in the park unless you'd rather deal with me now."

• Like 3

Well this was really vexing. First the stench, now the obnoxious loudness. Regardless, Ossia decided to tackle one issue at a time. This mare that decided to hurt her ears will have to wait for her own punishment.

The alicorn landed in the place she felt disturbance a few minutes ago. Normally she wouldn't bother to check up such spike in aether, in this dimension it seemed to occur thrice a day. But this time it felt...different...alien...not belonging. Which made sense. It takes one to recognize one.

"Can't open a door for a moment without some pests seeping in...." she mused in a tone that made her diastase with the situation clear. It appears that barrier between world still didn't recovered enough from her own arrival. This in itself was puzzling since Ossia knew....or rather assumed that this world had it's guardians - judging from her own prior attempts at breaching the barrier. Again, the question better left for another day. For now she had infestation to deal with.

"Yes, it was here." she said before reaching out with her magic. For normal ponies....and most of not-normal one's everything seemed to be in order. But being dimensional traveler herself, Ossia knew how to search for the 'scars'. Soon enough she got her answer.

"As I expected. And judging from how it's reeks it has to be one of those decaying, half-living possibilities. But which one?" alicorn pondered. That was so many of those that even this information was inconclusive. But if she had to guess, this intruder came here in search of something that no longer existed in it's devastated world. Well too bad for them for now this realm was Ossia's - at least as long as it take for her to find answers she sough.

".....Checking out the park would be the best lead for now. I found the trail..." she paused before making a wicked smirk "Let's see what else I will be able to find!" she mused before cladding herself in illusions and taking into the air once more.

• Like 1

“How nice.” Lightning Dust mutters to herself as she did a long spinning loop in the air to turn herself around. Her ears picked up the yell easily, in truth even if it was half as powerful she’d have heard it. She can only hope it was a ‘hero’ but whatever it was, it called her out and most believe itself as some form of city defence force. Therefore it was worth looking at for its risk to her the directive. Closing in at the park at speed she scanned the park at a level no normel pony can hope to mach or as detailed. Every last pony was documented, movement paths plotted and the Terrain mapped out for all possible hiding spots, ambush vectors, cover from snipers, possible sniper team firing zones, best cover from gunships, heavy weapons and small arms fire. All of this was done in the time it took her to land with a thundering amount of force.

As the dust settles down Lightning Dust was standing in the path of the most… odd contact she spotted in the park. The mare seemed to be headless and her missing head freely floating about. It didn't seem to be a hologram. A most perplexing thing in truth but her looks did somewhat match that of Shadow Crop and its Enforcers. She must be a ‘hero’ to be this unknown of a risk. This must be fixed and her risk to the directive kown. “I am Enforcer LDEL6370, stand down or risk life, health or possible job loss. By law code A2-77-GH you must follow all Enforcer orders and commands as ordained by the Cloudsdale Industrial Conglomerate CEO’s.” Her words were cold, almost automated in tone as her liability safety speech was verbally forced from her lips.

With that done she flicked an ear as she looked at the mare. “Compliance in helping me can guarantee a class two living apartment. One class one food ration ticket per a week and five class two food ration tickets per a week. Only within CIC city space and so long as you keep your workers score above 70% as per the laws in B9-12-C and B9-13-C.” With added with a smirk. “But honestly, I hope you want too do this the hard way. Less paper work that way and I honestly what to see what you are…”

• Like 2

The Hexxer had apparently gotten herself quite comfortable as she waited for this mysterious assailant. Her body was facing away from this cybernetic equine, reclined on a blanket and seemingly enjoying the sun's rays. Beside the blanket was a what seemed to be some sort of portable radio, or in more common parlance: a boombox. It was playing some type of industrial sounding music with a great deal of distorted guitar in it's beats. That orbitting head of hers floated over to rest on the device for a moment and some how despite any limbs gradually increased the volume over the 'enforcer's' speech. Once she saw the cyborg's lips stop moving she would turn it down and her head would let out a wide yawn before her body would stand itself up and kick her blanket aside. 

"I'll be honest." She said as her head floated up and off the radio, "I was only half payin' attention. Now I ain't one fer paperwork or procedure, I'm no beat cop as ya can see. But I find them pretty sweet fellas. I've actually fought against cyborg's before... was a strange experience for us both." The Body behind the head was stretching and limbering up before it would turn towards the invader. There was a stillness in the air, a hint of unease that would work into whatever mortal part of the mare's brain remained. When the body took a step towards her, The enforcer's implants would start flashing some small messages about firewalls and encryption in her system being worn down... but apparently there was no hacking attempt being made or any hint of magical malware. 

"I'm known as the Hexxer... and I'm not quite sure if I'm alive or dead anymore myself. If Ya beat me and can figure out what I am... I'd dearly love to hear your analysis." The blanket off to her side seemed to melt into a black pool and slip into the shadow of the headless mare. "But for now... Let's just see if you -can- beat me." A screech could be hear rattling the bones of any creature still in the park as the head let out a truly impressive cackle. The body reached up over it's neck and seemed to pull out a parasol from the stump. She would point it toward the mysterious visitor, her head soon levitating over to her side with a cocky smile, "Let's see if there's a soul in that body for me to send to the other side!"

• Like 2

A grey unicorn with well styled white mane and tail was walking down the shopping district of the city, enjoying himself and buying a few items for an upcoming social function. The stallion having just left with a couple of others the Canterlot Boutique of famed fashioned designer Rarity, wanting to make sure he looked his best. Very much worth every bit in his mind, and so making it his go to place to shop for the best.

Mythos Gray, which was his name. was talking to a couple of ponies involvong the upcoming event, saying, "Yes, I'm sure it will be most enjoyable. I will actually be bring a date, it's her first time going to something like this." Those with the unicorn will begin to move on ahead a bit, eager for the next shop. Mythos laughing as they did and ready to trot with them.

Yet before he could follow, from his vest pocket will float into sight a pocket watch, telling Mythos something was going on. Taking it in his hoof, the unicorn will open the device and study it before sighing. Yet a smile will appear on his face, or perhaps more a mischievous grin, as he considers.

Looking around, seeing his companions distracted, the stallion will duck into an empty alleyway before will open too portals. Mythos will send his purchases through one, before with a wave of a hoof across his face as a masquerade mask and change of clothing appear as he goes through the other.

Chuckling, 'Masquerade' will say to himself, "Well now, seems today might hold a bit more excitement then planned. Lets hope it is something interested." With such, the unicorn will disappear as the portals close, no pony the wiser. With this 'hero' ready to check what was causing such a high yet unfsuchamiliar source of energy.

Those the unicorn had been shopping will eventually look around, noticing the stallion had disappear and they were confused on such. One will call out to say, "Mythos, where did you go?" Not seeing the unicorn or hearing a reply, they will continue on. This not the first time something like this had happened, having gained a reputation for running off or disappearing without a word.

• Like 1

Ossia was on her way to the Manehattan Park when an unexpected event drew her attention. Normally a parked ambulance in the city as big as this wouldn't be enough for her to stop. This time however she could sense a of aeather. A foreign aeather.

"Not even a hour in and it's marking the place like a stray dog." alicorn mare said sarcastically before going down to take a closer look.

There were a few paramedics on the scene, as well as police officers. But it was the one pony in the force's uniform, a stallion shuddering while laying on the stretcher that drew her attention. It seemed like he really wanted to curl into fetal position, but the belts that were strapping him were preventing him from that - something horrible obviously happened to him. It was this unlucky pony from which she felt other-world influence.

"Miss, we are undergoing an investigation right here." one of the police ponies approached the disguised alicorn "I have to ask you to move immi....gghuuu!" the stallion grunted as he was swept of his hooves and pinned to the ground with ntense magical force...along with every other officer medic and civilian in vicinity!

"Were those sounds coming from your mouth a words? Even if they are I am too busy to make time for a peon like you." Ossia dismissed the officer before approaching the LDEL6370's victim. The way he tried to get away as she got closer was telling enough.

"Uhh straightforward without any consideration like some brute. No subtlety at all." he mused in disgust. Luckily for stallion, Ossia had more...genial means of extracting information.

"There...there nice and easy." she said as her magic took a root in stallions mind. Most of this memories were distorted due to sheer horror he was subjected to, but few details were retained. Greenish-blue. Mare.. Cyborg. Descriptive enough...Oh? What's this a pure remnant of the alien magic! Which just a little taste Ossia will know...

"For #@^&% sake!!!" alicorn yelled in frustration while punching the sidewalk hard enough to mess already broken concrete even more, make the nearby fire hydrant's pop of it's outlet and shattering all windows in eyesight.

"Of all possible, freaking dimensions those parasites just had to....!" Ossia ranted before stopping herself.

It wasn't like her to loose her cool like that! Since her arrival she chose to lay low, searching for suitable layline nexus. Thus her opportunities to unwind were somewhat limited which put her...on edge.

"Alright, nothing to be worried about just yet. Just finding the scout before she establishes a gateway and smashing her like a cockroach will make things juuuuust fine." she reassured herself while giving an audacious grin.

"Also, I need to put obliterating this dimension from which she comes from, higher on my to do list." she added to herself in her head, making a mental note.

Ossia spread her wings, ready to take of but....something - maybe and instinct, maybe a simple whim - made her to stay just for a moment longer....and dig deeper into unfortunate cop's mind.

He was a father and husband. A very loving father and husband. Ossia's frowning expression softened at that revelation. With a gentle nudge into his thoughts, she made his mind focus on his family instead of terrible experience he gone through today. He should recover much faster, to keep adding more love to the world.

"That should do it. Sleep." disguised alicorn commanded, and officer fell into a slumber- but now with a much more serene expression on his face.

"....Now to find and crush a PEST." Ossia growled while taking off at supersonic speed, and dropping all the ponies she held off back to the ground.

Lightning had a small smirk pull to her lips as she watched Hexxer. “ID: Hexxer, noted. Other cyborg's? So this world is not as back water as it seams maybe.” She says back in a tone just as cocky as the other mares smille… Even with the odd data and wornings flairing up, she will work out why they are going one after she kills this 'hero'

-New directive: neutralisation of all hostiles, Lethal force may be used without warning.

-Combat engaged: weapons online, stimulates online-

-Threat level: red-

Lightning felt the drugs pumped in to what organic parts of her brain were left, it was a feeling she never got use to or the rush it gave her. Positive feedback or something for doing her job and makes her forget what she was doing. She hated it but loved it, it made gult so easy to forget. All she done for the CEO’s… She shakes her head, clearing where that was going. Bad places. Time seems to slow for her with all her parts kick in to full combat speed as words are forced from her muzzle. "Alert! Non combatants are advised to leave the area! Law enforcement in progress! Lethal force may be used without warning, do not interfere with security protocols!” With that shouted she leaped in to movement at alarming speed.

Faster than any non-augmented can move she took to the air with such force it ripped up the grass underneath her as both her front legs take aim, targeting software calculating gravity, airspeed, her movement, targets movements and twenty-seven other factors and over one hundred possible vectors the target may move to get out of her line of fire in the blink of an eye. The first magical plasma left the snubbed barrel of her leg mounted SMGS 1.3 seconds of her finishing her alert speech. One second after the first shot was out 200 rounds were out as both her leg munted SMG unleash a hailstorm of magical plasma bolts. Well each bolt was hardly the size of a marble there unrelenting rate of fire made up for lack of single shot firepower.

• Like 2

Lightning's sudden ascent didn't seem to make much of an impression on her opponent. The only thing that changed from her perspective would have been a shift in the intensity of her shadow. The headless pony body stuck out her umbrella and opened it up! That Rain of magical bolts just bounced off the black parasol and seemed to dissipate. "My goodness, the weather out here is terrible! Sudden magical rains of destruction... Ah well, nothin' a good parasol won't protect ya from, don't ya know?" The head on the boombox just smiled over at the airborne cyborg. 

The open parasol would seem to shift... then several shadowy tendril shot out from it and rapidy shot towards the cyborg in wile erratic patterns before latching onto her chassis securely like a harness. Rather than being dragged down, Lightning would only feel a sharp yank that lasted only a second. Then that spread parasol seemed to be growing bigger second by second up until a weighty impact came upon her from the front and unbalanced her.  The pointed tip of Hexxer's umbrella would soon try to thrust up into one of her mechanical wings at a joint. If sucessful Hexxer might finally find her opponent on the ground with her. 

While Lus was quicker than death itself she was still very much limited to the ground for the foreseeable future. If this fight was to go her way, she wanted it on the ground!

• Like 1

Masquerade had arrived not long after Hexxer yet before Ossia, though having yet to reveal himself as he considers the situation and gathers what information he can before being detected. To better prepare for how Lightening might be taken care of.

It concerned the unicorn how fast Lightening was moving, know that he'd have to keep his true location or the cyborg otherwise distracted from attacking him directly. Thankfully, tjere was already to superheroes on sight.

Smiling, Masquerade will consider the abilities on display and what he can offer to help. Ossia suprised him, not recalling right off hoof any alicorn superheroes making an appearance, but the stallion was not one to always keep track of the coming and going of supers.

On Ossia's arrival, the Masquerade will teleport nearly yet hidden as he calls, "You here involving the ruckus that is being caused? I came because of being alerted to a high level of energy different from any I know. The pegasus seems to be from an alterante universe." Hopefully the alicorn won't go searching for him, and reveal his presence.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

And here she was. The wirebrain pest that she was hunting was now right below her. But the otherworld pegasus was not alone. It seems that the other mare - one who was calling the cyborg to meet her at the park - wasn't making an empty threat. How inconvenient...

"Oh how rosy...." Ossia muttered to herself, her words dripping with sarcasm while she gazed at situation below. "I was expecting just a junkbox, but I just had to bump into half-corpse as well."

But perhaps it could work for her advantage. Why throw herself into a fight, when she can instead wait for those two to duke it out, before squashing the exhausted winner?

Unless something goes horribly wrong of course. Ossia knew better then to rule out such possibility.

"<Sigh> Spectator mode then it is." she murmured while descending down, still clad in illusions and invisibility spells. "Fino all'ultima condizione strana...."

But of course she couldn't have even a five minutes for herself before another detached voice could be heard. A male voice. Well at least he heard about volume control, unlike the gan ceann over there. What's worse, he seamed to have gained insight over her true nature if not appearance. Otherwise he would be much more confused in his tone.

While she couldn't exactly pinpoint from where it was coming from, perhaps she could do something about it...

"Oh how perceptive of you! What a twist, really, my mind is blown!" Ossia answered Masquerade voice in a tone that instantly dispelled any notion about her being a 'superhero'.....all the while she was discretely spilling her love magic over the area. "Do you want a medal for any of those observations? Or for getting a peek? Talk about low ambitions..." she continued with the mocking.

"Or maybe  your were hoping for something else, pervertito. A kiss maybe?" her voice turned both more seductive and venomous. "Didn't your mother taught you...TO NOT PEEP ON GIRLS?!" she shouted while suddenly turning the intensity of the spell up, bombarding the Mythos with cravings and desires for the illusion-clad alicorn. Hopefully the illusions that dampened the sound, as well as the magic being tuned for males will help with all of this getting unnoticed. That and the fact that the other two mares were right now aiming to bash the other one's skull in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lightning watched the parasol move and jerk as she stopped shoot. The movement it made contact she was already braced and front legs ready. Clamping down on the parasol as it slammed in to her she fluttered and adjusted her flying to handle the impact as the gravity locks kicked in on her frunt legs clamp to it. Without breaking eye contact with Hexxer she ripped the parasol in half, dropped it and dived down at Hexxer front legs outstretched for the mares floating head as the gravity locks fired up again, all she had to do was get close for Hexxers head to be pulled in to her grasp. Well she did this her augmented eyes picked up two onlookers. One in a invisibility spell. Cute. the other was trying to hide as well. So long as they stayed out of this they were marked as yellow. Worth keeping an eye on but no danger yet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If Hexxer had her hooves free she would have clapped at the broken parasol. Those were hard to break even for some of the strongest in the school. With an impressive degree of speed the head zipped away from the invader's grasp to orbit her body with a proud grin, "So close!  Care to try again? I've got an eternity to play with you so don't rush on my account."  The head seemed to exhale wisps of pitch black smoke from her mouth, the stuff soon assuming the shape of a parasol again that flopped into her body's hoof. "I might actually have to start taking you seriously soon, Lass!"

The sun was starting to go down, shadows were getting longer and as a result so was Hexxer's range. When Nighttime fell she'd have an even greater advantage. For now though she insteadl stretched her shadow out beneath her, making several spiky tendrils erupt from the ground beneath Lightning and soon they hooked down to pin her into place. Seemed that the 'hero' wasn't aiming to end the mare's life but for now just restrain her. "If you're some sort of heartless machine, you've gotta have a power source and a bunch of movin' parts, right?" Another smirk came to her muzzle, "Let's see how much of a beatin' hard steel can take!" If she could make a crack in this mare's armor she could end this fight sooner than she thought... or at least make it much easier. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ossia stood tall after her outburst. The alicorn tilted her slightly, trying to determinate if her spell had an effect.

The voice she heard before didn't bothered to speak again. Was it incapacitated? Stroke with terror upon realizing the difference in power? Or maybe it did the smart thing and simply fled the scene. No matter. At least now Nerezza knew it wouldn't muddle the situation even further...

"Speaking of which." alicorn reminded herself in her thoughts, as she turned around to observe the battle two other mares were having....Well halves of the mares at least.

"Intriguing..." Ossia mused, getting a sneak peak of what the two could do......

It seemed only fair that she return the courtesy. The unknown stallion's interference and her following outburst got di Nerezza roused enough that she couldn't stand aside anymore.

"Ufufufu....." she giggled before before conjuring a grey ball of 'smoke' and hurling it into the sky. Soon the heavens above darkened, as dark clouds grew larger and larger, shrouding whole Manhattan under their cover, while flashes of lightning raced across the sky.

But all of these was just a prelude, for suddenly violent winds roared into life, bending foliage and breaking the windows of the nearby buildings. The city denizens could observe to their horror as the funnel cloud descended from the sky, a clear sign of what to come.

Before they knew it, LDEL6370 and Hexxer had a bona fide tornado on their hooves, one that was tearing the Centrail Park , and the skyscrapers neighboring it asunder.

It was too late for escape, and soon the two combatants were snatched by the raging vortex. After being battered for a minute or two by the gales and items of various shape and size, similarly seized by the twister, the two was dumped by the edge of park's decommissioned water reservoir when the tornado started dissipating. And certain alicorn was already waiting for them, undisguised and in her full, lovely glory.

"Hello girls." she said while dullahan and cyborg were getting back on their hooves. Oh, this will be exhilarating.

"Room for one more?" Nerezza asked before flashing a mocking smirk.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lightning watched the head zip away just out of her reach, she clocked its speed and saved it before her front legs hit land, dirt blasted out from the impact and before her rare legs were down she pushed back up, wings beating as they took her back into the sky with a trail of dirt following her front legs as the gravity fields disengaged. She took note of the shadow like tendrils rushing for her and without fan fire locked on with her guns and opened fire to push them back as she switched targets fast as they were showing. Spinning and rolling about in the sky to get her guns where they needed to be. It was keeping her busy but nothing was getting close yet to get hold of the mare.

But the sky had other plans. Flashing warnings blinked before her eyes as her sensors played out the fast changing weather pattern. A tornado. In a city? Mapping out the funnel LD dove down, swings closed to her sides as landed,  gravity locks in her legs kicked on and a shield flicked in to life as she hunkers down against the ground as debris started to hit her shield like rain….

As the tornado died down she stands up and looks around, confused as to how or why that happened but uttery unmoved by it as the gravy locks switch off and her shield shuts down. What a waste of power that was, she’d need some down time to recharge it. Looking over at the parks lake she saw the mare from before standing there. Did she do that? She wanted to join? So be it. LD started to walk to the lake as her voice boomed. “Crime detected! Assault on Enforcer! Consulting corporate judicial… ERROR! Connection failure!” LD winced and takes a few steps back as her eyes shut, walls of text flying past her eyes as a hard reset kicked in too try again. “Consulting corporate judicial… ERROR! Connection fa-PRIORITY OVERRIDE!  Offender sentenced to death! Immediate application of capital punishment!” She screamed out as tears fall down her cheeks. What was she crying about? She did not remember. With a flap of her wings the mare takers to the sky and takes aim at Hexxer and the new mare joining the battle.

• Like 2

... Getting used to the technology of the modern day was one thing, getting used to the massive increase in empowered ponies was another entirely. Back when Lus Mor was alive.. well, un-alive? was that the term? Either way, back then the Knight and Sentinel and alicorns were barely even rumors popping up across the countryside. Now there were ponies around who just could summon freak weather events willy nilly. You take a nap in a coffin for a couple hundred years and wow do things change. The first thing to be scooped up by the winds was a rather irritated looking head who kept up the unimpressed frown as she was sucked up along with her body, "Ugh. The cleanup crew isn't gonna like this..." 

Before the dullahan even landed Ossia could hear her voice over the winds, "I HOPE YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO COVER ALL THIS, LASS!" Yelled the head in a thick fet lochian accent before it plummeted down to the earth, landing unusually softly on a patch of grass beside the resevoir. As soon as she laid her eyes on the wings AND horn she would groan in annoyance. Of course an Alicorn supervillain would show up, her day just couldn't get weird enough could it?

A shadow fell upon her head, it's size steadily growing around her as her eyes looked upwards to see one of those high tech floating carriages plummeting to the earth. As it's image drew closer she narrowed her eyes to see Hospital insignia on the side. It soon landed right on top of her on it's side.

A second passed and soon the door was launched off the overturned vehicle. Out popped her body , slowly ascending on a platform of living shadows while the head was being spun in one hoof like a basketball. "Someone Call a paramedic?" She asked midspin, "... or maybe lookin' at those tears a therapist? Ya'd be surprised how much a shrink can help!" Her body hopped on down with her head floating again by her side.  Her shadow spiked up in shadowy tendrils to protect her from any Bullets, "Death sentence? For me? Creepier -and much shinier- ponies than you have tried, bonnie! I'm your friendly neighborhood reaper-mare: Passing others into the hereafter is my whole shtick!" She looked over to Ossia, "I don't suppose you're willing to call a truce for now? I don't even know what you're planning yet, but we can work out how I have to stop you once Miss Tin-mare here is down and out!"

• Like 1

"Poor Trashcan thinks that law of her world applies here. Cute." Ossia answered in deadpan tone to Lightning robot-speak. However her eyes widened upon seeing cyborg mare breakdown.

"Oh.My.Gosh." she spoke in a hushed voice with a widened eyes....before her expression turned into that of beguilement.

"This is just precious. I barely started and she's already coming apart at the seams. Well guess that happens when you're held together by couple of wires and mind altering drugs." Nerezza mused with a shrug, just in time for Hexxer to get out of the wrecked ambulance.

"Ohhh belive me...there is no medico of any specialization qualified to deal with this hot mess. Now, becchino on the other hoof....." pink alicorn mused with a malicious smile.

Alicorn rolled her eyes when dullahan gloated about being messenger of death or whatever, but kept herself silent, deciding to just roll with it. You would think a pony who took a peek beyond veil of life and death to be more low-key.

"Actually I am." Ossia unexpectedly agreed to headless mare proposition "One should save a savoury until main course is finished after all. Even if it's freshness leaves much to be desired." the winged mare justified her decision before descending down to be more in-level with Hexxer. "This flying toaster right there is just a harbinger of much larger swarm of locus from another world. One ruled by greed, where they exploited everything and everyone until their planet itself turned crumbling, hollow husk - all for a few soldi more. But for them it wasn't enough, it never is enough." alicorn explained, her words full of enmity and disgust. "And so they are trying to reach out here."

Alicorn turned her face to Hexxer as she continued speaking "If she's allowed to roam unchecked, she will inevitably establish a gateway between her homeworld and this one.  That would be...problematic." Ossia revealed, her pretty face twisting into a frown.

With that said, her magical aura flared up as she ascended air again.

"So be a good Gan Ceann and try to not get in my way as I dispose of her okay? I will tend to you soon..." she said before turning her attention to LDEL6370 once again.

"Well then Mrs. Forger, Assembler and Recycler, you still think you have enough bite to backup that giudizio of yours?" Nerezza dared the cyborg when she reached the same high the  turquoise mare.

"Trust me, you shouldn't. Allow me to give you a slice of what an alicorn is....." Ossia added before raising her front hooves. Above each one, a disc of amaranth aether condescended...and judging of a noise heard, they were really, really sharp, even audibly so.

"Here's my Appeal!" she said as she spun, sending both of the projectiles flying - and homing - on the Lightning!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

“All citizens please clear the area and find cover. There is an 95.23 percent chance of collateral damage and or death to non-combatants! All citizens are to remain calm! Unexpected behavior may cause unnecessary defensive action to be taken, resulting in damage or death of citizen non-combatants!” Lightning added as she moved in to a full speed run at her targets, she hated forced scripted speech. It felt weird to have words forced out of one's muzzle without your own input on it. But she had more pressing matters to deal with. Leaping in to the air with blinding speed she dodges in the incoming discs, aimes here for legs and opens fire in one clam calculated move as her combat poragarms documented what the combatants did, moved and acted to help her better pre-act there moves.

The longer she was engaged the better her AI can judge what they will do and pre-run ways to counteract them. It was about time this world learns not to mess with a first class Enforcer. “For the Hurricane Conglomerate! Long live the CEOs!” She shouted as more combat drugs flood her body and line after line of text, maps and combat date flash before her eyes.

• Like 2

While dimensional rifts were not unknown in this world, they weren't uniformly distributed; some countries dealt with them more than others.  Some countries dealt with them so often, in fact, that their governments had entire divisions dedicated to tracking and predicting such breaches, and doing it well.  Equestria... was not one of those countries.  But Neighpon was.  

The Shogunate didn't normally venture so far outside of its borders to deal with any breaches it located in other continents, but if it had agents in place already...

Shiroi Boshi, better known as Kōkina Kyūkei, didn't especially mind her vacation being interrupted.  If her leave from duty wasn't mandatory, chances were she wouldn't have taken it; the mare was haunted by a constant concern for her native land.  And while the breach wasn't a threat to Neighpon per se, that only meant she had the opportunity to observe, and subsequently maximize the opportunities this might present to the Shogunate.

On the surface, the unicorn didn't look all that different from the sort of tech-cyborg that Lightning dust was, only with a more "street samurai" fashion sense, and tech several generations behind.  Not so much behind that she couldn't detect the presence of advanced technology, but certainly too far behind to easily interface.  *Just what in the name of Inuyasha dropped down, and how can I get me some of that?*

Licking her lips slightly at the thought of all the new toys that could come from a successful capture or neutralization, she made her way to the park, upstream of the panicked civilians fleeing.  *Like the koi, pursuing the destiny of dragonhood.*  Upon emerging to view the altercation, she immediately ducked behind a bush, eyes wide at the supplemented pegasus.  *Long live the-?  She must come from a world where the Tatakau Zaibatsu continued and spread!  This is extremely worrisome...*

Indeed, if any resentful veteran of those corporate civil wars got even so much as a hint of LD's emergence, there would be considerable trouble back home, which could not be tolerated.  Hence, why Kōkina was willing to deploy some more... experimental gear.  Taking out what looked like a dart gun, she took aim, and fired... what looked like a cloud of smoke.  The smoke, however, was more that what it seemed.  A cloud of nanite transmitters, a gaseous supercomputer, designed to be a universal interfacer with all technology more advanced that a slide rule.  "Now, let's just see what is what is what with you..."  She muttered under her breath in her native tongue, a less-sophisticated readout appearing on the inner lens of her shades.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The floating head beside the body calmly nodded as Ossia went on to describe the world that their adversary had come from. Sounded pretty standard. The usual dark future, something gone wrong, attempted dimensional invasion. Hardly anything She'd not heard of in the newspapers since she'd awoken. Despite Lus' earlier bluster she knew that she wasn't strong enough to take on an alicorn level threat on her own so she'd let the villainess set her sights on The charging cyborg.  Those energy discs were impressive a sight, one doesn't often get to watch a villain on par with a natural disaster fight. 

With remarkable speed hte enforce dodged the energy discs earning an impressed whistle from the Hexxer, "Huh... seems she's getting faster. I guess I'll just have to get up close and try and keep her in place while you try and take her down. I'd tell you not to hold back, but I know you won't already." The body and head charged forward as shadowy tendrils emergers at her hooves. Each one striking swiftly and wildly at the cyborg, the myriad shadows being used to keep her busy while the body thrust forward with her umbrella in an attempt to pierce at a weakspot in that chassis.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ossia tilted her head in amusement upon hearing yet more robo-speak coming from the cyborg. Did that mare had any thoughts of her own left?

"Good brand representation, but can't trash talk." alicorn mused before giving  Lightning a menacing look "Still you got hurricane part right, because I will rock you like one. Ufufufu...Ahahahahaha!" she giggled as she rushed forward herself.

As LDEL6370 dodged the aeathers discus and proceeded to rain of magical bullets on Ossia, alicorn returned the favour with gusto, although in much more varied fashion - lightning bolts, flame chakrams, screaming shadowy skulls  and acid arrows - di Nerezza bag of tricks was deep indeed. But none was as sharp as her tongue....

"So, what's your story Tin Mare?" she asked while dodging yet another salvo with a barrel roll. "The one behind you being turned into a half of a washing machine. Did Big Bad Corporation did Miss Junkyard wrong, and you joined the rival one to get even?" Nerezza 'asked' in condescending tone. "Or did mommy and daddy were shot in the dark alley, with your state being a way of extracting vengeance on all criminals big and small? Victim of horrible accident perhaps? Give me some ideas Tin Mare!" Ossia further antagonized the mare as the dived down, continuing their high speed dog-fight among the park's surviving foliage.

"SCOPPIARE!" pink mare  suddenly cried out, her horn shining brightly, with powerful explosion of aether ripping through the air, knocking down and charring even more trees.

Lightning themself apparently had enough sense to dodge the initial burst and rise her protecting shield, but the shock-wave still send her tumbling into the sky.....

Before she was send down by Ossia that is. The alicorn appeared next to the cyborg with a familiar flash of the teleportation, gave LD a malicious smirk and delivering a spin kick that made turquoise mare crash into the ground....Straight into waiting, dark tendrils that Hexxer invoked.

"Such a sensible mare, it appears you grey matter is better preserved then I thought....." Ossia praised dullahan mare in roundabout way, while still smuggling some stealth insult.

"Normally I would rip a wings from such butterfly for a little while longer, but that wound in this worlds reality that she made urgently needs closing. Hold her for a while like good martyr should." she added while surrounding herself in her magical aura. Nerezza's horn glowed brightly as she started incantation of powerful spell.....

"Frammenti del cielo si riuniscono per dispensare un'ira esaltata....!" she murmured as twelve spears of crimson lightning coalesce from pure aeather above headless mare and the cyborg. "Trasforma i miei nemici in cenere. Rabbia di......!"

Suddenly Ossia's eyes squinted, as she turned around in air.....

Just as the last word of the spell escaped her lips.

".....Fulmine....."

Electricals projectiles, instead of striking straight down, instead flew into direction of Nerezza's gaze. Three of them flew over the park and crashed into skyscrapers bordering it with a strength of the cruise missiles, doing a catastrophic damage. One fell into parks water reserviour, exploding into column of water, but most scarred the miserable remains of the park, further likening it to the battlefield that it became.

And one of the lightning strikes hit close enough to the particular bush that it caught on fire.

Ossia wasn't all that thrilled by all the devastation she caused. Those ponies and non-ponies in those buildings did nothing to deserve her ire.

"........That. Was. Pointless." she said with emphasis, her face a stone mask, but her grey eyes showing how infuriated she was. For a moment she forgot about LDEL6370 and a Gan Ceann mare that did her best to bind her. Pink mare's gaze turned downwards, at the ground obstructed by dust and smoke.

"I hope you pleased with yourself gnat. Now, come out so I can twist you inside out." Ossia said, quickly putting blame on her mistake on sompony else. With this she started to scorch the already abused earth with powerful magical rays to force Kyūkei out of hiding.

• 1 month later...

“I joined to do my duty for the Hurricane Conglomerate!” She barks back at the pink mare. “Fame, cred and all one can hope for is easy when you join the Hurricane Conglomerate Enforcer Core!” She added like some advertisements… It was not to far from the truth… maybe. But her rank did come with some fun… favors. Shame Rainbow was found to be working with Runners… so shameful. The look on that mares face when she worked out how utterly dead she was about to be. 

But such daydreaming must come to an end… the battle was heating up! Shield was taking some heavy blows from the pink mare. What was she? The battle AI was overclocking itself keeping up with every new trick she was pulling out. Jut how many tricks did she have? She can’t track and pre-plan every single one! 

-Contact lost-

Do what now? How did she lose conta- ….

Ow. 

-OS rebooted-

-All systems: Online-

-Enforcer states: Offline-Danged-

-Implants states: Offline-Danged-

Well that’s not good. She felt… something going on. But she was blind and deaf to whatever was going on. Her core systems were working at least but she must have taken one heck of a blow. 

-diagnostic test starting-

Well that was going to be fun. Here's hoping she did not die or something until it fixed itself. 

-ERROR: failed to content to ECCM-

-ERROR: failed to content to CCNW-

Oh not again! 

-----

Kōkina Kyūkei at least had more luck. Thanks too LD being… offline thanks to a pink alicorn leaving a hoof print on her face Kōkina Kyūkei’s nanite transmitters got a head start in scanning the mare well she was down. And what first drips of data Kōkina Kyūkei got was very alarming in how powerful the energy source for LD was and how advanced she was. For all Neighpon had this mare outclassed them by a few decades .

---

“Ugh…” LD moans as her eyes booted up. About time… Still can’t move yet. Or hear. She looks about at all the smoke and fire… the heck did she miss?

• Like 2

It wasn't at all Kōkina Kyūkei's intention to get involved.  This was strictly recon, and if she was being perfectly honest with herself, bearing with the new revelations this fight was giving her would be burdensome enough without having to defend herself.  It wasn't just that a new alicorn had to be registered; powerful heroes and villains were always popping up, and having to deal with so many Kaiju in her homeland had gotten her used to the idea of dealing with a power asymmetry, usually by means of technology.

But this cyborg... the readings she was getting from Lightning unsettled the Neighponese mare to her core.  Her country relied upon being the absolute best, up-to-date-and-beyond magitek leader in the world.  But the gear of the interdimensional pegasus, if these readings were to be believed, put her home country to shame.  And a very real danger, too; far from being able to hack the cyborg, Kōkina stood a very real chance of being hacked herself if she wasn't careful-

"Frammenti del cielo si riuniscono per dispensare un'ira esaltata....!"

All of a sudden, her readings went haywire, as lightning began to fill the air.  Swearing under her breath, she flipped off the data-connection and spared a glance outward.  Oh... dear.  Probably best to retreat, she just did not have the tools capable of dealing with the angry alicorn.  Ripping open an emergency packet, she deployed a nanotech update on the old ninja technique of the smoke bomb.  Not only did it obscure normal vision, but diffused all magical attempts at detection and penetration... for about 30 seconds.  Long enough for the mare to beat a hasty retreat, at least, dropping a few more behind her to cover her tail.

*Well, this has at least been a... fruitful reconnaissance, if not a pleasant one.*  She had a hard drive full of data to present to the shogun, a few new entries to make on the National Supers Database, and a whole bunch of tech to desperately reverse-engineer over many overcaffienated nights at the lab...

<Exit, cameo over.>

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This was, for all intents and purposes an absolute mess. The twister from before spoke to this rogue alicorn's lack of concern for property damage. Raining all these spells down on the park though... The repair crew will be SO miffed. Hexxer could only imagine what would happen in the Sentinel was here, this was the kind of thing that got a reprimand in the academy... and that was scary enough. When A villain went this mad it usually ended up being a fight that few were willing to ask questions about. Battles that could shake cities to dust or so she'd been told. Looking over to her temporary ally in this fight she grit her teeth, "Someone doesn't seem to know the meaning of Restraint." 

Seeing what seemed to be an opening in Lightning's Guard, Shadows rose up and surrounded the cyborg's body. The practically cocooned her, and what's more  the darkness seemed to begin to try seeping inside the smallest of chinks and gaps in her chassis. Dark tendrils slinking deeper to  try and tear and claw at circuits around joints to disable this opponent while she had the drone dazed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Why you......!!!" Ossia started, when the 'smoke bomb' gone off. Alicorn knew immediately that this pest was now untraceable by magical means. Worse yet, she was simply tooo busy to do that the mundane way. It seems that she will have to let this one slide.....for now.

"Cheeky little gnat...." di Nerezza gritted her teeth before taking a big sniff "....a Neighponeese gnat. Enjoy the life you have quilin. You will never know when I will drop by to end it. And visit I will." the pink mare gave her threat into the empty air.

"Now then...." Ossia turned around in the air before descending.

Just in time to witness what Hexxer was doing while she herself was distracted. And what a sight it was!

"Ufufufufufu....." Ossia chuckled while applauding the dullahan. Did Hexxer knew that what she was doing amounted to torture? Or was she trying to finish cyborg quickly. Well, even if intent wasn't there, it was the deed that counts. "....Superb! I didn't thought you had this in you Miss....Ufufufu....I don't believe you introduced yourself to Me. You still surpassed my expectations." alicorn complimented the headless mare before turning towards cocooned LD....

"Normally I would wait until you're done tearing off the wings from this iron butterfly..." di Nerezza mused while her magical aura flared up "...but business should come before pleasure...."

With that Ossia launched the blast of amaranth fire, one that 'peeled off' the shadows from Dust from it's sheer intensity.

".....Sentinel should teach you that, right? Unless she's as great teacher as she is sister. Talk about faulty education." pink mare giggled, amused by her own dig at Celestia before she walked up to now freed cyborg.

Nerezza picked up the helpless pegasus from the other world with her magic. It was time to interrogate her where the gateway was.

"Rise and shine Tin Mare! Now spill up what you know and I won't spill up your...." Ossia started but quickly stopped.

Not because Dust obviously didn't heard anything. No, the look in those eyes was....

"I am not talking to the Puppet anymore am I?" alicorn said under her breath. Ossias's horn flashed up again, but this time the spell she cast was pleasantly warm, revitalizing - enough to make cyborg aware of her surroundings. And it cleared the drugs from LD's system. Necessary seeing she had to be lucid for their conversation.

"Hello Miss Mare-In-the-Machine, we haven't had a chance to talk yet. I know you are a little...confused...but I need you to really focus right now hmm? Enough that you can make your pick...." di Nerezza said before flashing a slight less sadistic smile.

"Choice number one is: You refuse to cooperate and decide to stick with whoever made you into....this. I will smash you head like a pinata and give whatever mix of mincemeat and scrap remains to this gravekeeper here..." Ossia waved at Hexxer "...And leave her and whatever weirdos she hangs with to get answers from this salad that remains of you to solve this mess." she added with a shrug....

"Choice number two...." di Nerezza smile widened. "...You can start working for Me, seeing that I am actually higher on the pecking order, unlike those snobs in business suits that put the strings on you. You will show me where the gateway is, and in return I will give you 'inside your head' and individuality back. Perhaps add few upgrades here and there. I picked a few things in various places...." alicorn raised one of the limp mechanical limbs. "Places you can't imagine."

"So, do we have a deal Miss......? And I mean your real name here, not whatever serial number was stamped on your metal flank when it was forged. You have one of those, right?"

• Like 2