Irene go home!

buxy

Heads up east coasters, are you prepared? We're spending tomorrow filling the bathtubs, double checking all our flashlights, and fueling the generator. The track was recently shifted to hit us head on, instead of skirting to the east, and it's going to nail pretty much all of us up the coast.

I work at... a mart. With Wals. And today we ran out of flashlights, electric lanterns, C and D batteries, non-scented candles, water, bread, eggs, (why people buy things that spoil when they're expecting major power outages is beyond me), generators, and playing cards (lol).

Everyone ready? Hatches battened? I know I'm not the only coastal resident.

...right?

See this is why I live out here! nothing no grass. no water, nothing. No big city's to fall on top of me just sand and sun. :smug:

But hope you luck! here have this.

epic_brohoof_by_mixermike622-d45m32o.gif

I live in Cary, North Carolina, and we're stocking up on canned ravioli and pop tarts.

I'm not worried, I just pray for the safety of the people who are actually on the coast, I want them to stay safe. :(

HEY NEIGHBOR. Wilmington, here.

Coincidentally, my grandmother Irene is in the path of the hurricane.

I have had great difficulty restraining myself from making jokes of the fact.

But in all seriousness I hope everyone stays safe. I'm sure many will be out of power and might deal with some flooding or downed trees, so my thoughts go out to you all.

I fortunately don't get those that much in here. Only in Madeira (if you still remember the horrible flows they went through, we back at the continent shivered in fear) and sometimes Azores. But right in the continent where I live, we don't get that kind of things. Only little earth shakings here and then, nothing else.

Good luck to all of you near the coastal area!

Here in West Virginia, we're expected to get some rain from Irene this weekend, which is fine with us!

We NEED the rain!

Gotta have water!

It's been kind of a dry summer here.

:(:o:o:D

Welp, I've got some good news over here: As the only brony living in Vermont I've survived the hurricane. No power outages, the house isn't flooded, in my area. Yes, there was flooding in other parts and a major power outage in one county, but luckily me and the rents are safe. The river near our house was rumored to be flooding and we packed up backpacks with extra clothes in case, but it turned out that it was farther down it rather than near our house. The water level is now lowering there, it's raining a lot less than before, and the winds aren't too bad now.

Just leaving in a positive satus report over here from yours truly. :)

How are all the Bronies out in the East Coast? Hope Irene didn't leave too much of mess. Best wishes to you all!

and playing cards (lol).

I will have you know that as a Brony with a vast collection of playing cards (I love to do card tricks, sue me) I find this highly hurtful

:sad:

... Not because its offensive, just because it makes me think I may have an odd hobby. Oh well :mad:

My specific neighborhood was untouched, more or less. We're on a very high elevation, thank goodness. Not even a power outage. Further down, towards the highways my wife takes to work, THOSE. Hoo-boy, those were flooded! So the day after, we were more or less blocked in. Buses were dead, too. I hear plenty of my coworkers were much worse off than I.

We're still alive! There's a lot of cleanup to do around here, but no major damage. We lost some of our pecans, which is super sad, and spent 36 hours without power, but all are well around these parts. A lot of folks around me area still without power, and there was a section of highway 12 on the Outer Banks that was completely overwashed, but that happens every damn year and srsly what else is going to happen when you have a stretch of highway that seriously has a dune on either side and NOTHING ELSE AT ALL.

So yeah, I'll be slow roleplaying while we clean up and help out the neighbors, but there wasn't anything catastrophic 'round these parts.

I will have you know that as a Brony with a vast collection of playing cards (I love to do card tricks, sue me) I find this highly hurtful

:sad:

... Not because its offensive, just because it makes me think I may have an odd hobby. Oh well :mad:

Only laughing because who the hell does not already own a deck of cards (or seven, as we managed to locate during our power outage) and needs to buy them before a hurricane?

Only laughing because who the hell does not already own a deck of cards (or seven, as we managed to locate during our power outage) and needs to buy them before a hurricane?

Sorry, I live in Arizona. My knowledge of these, "Hurry-kane-s," is rather limited and I have no idea of what is essential to enduring one. Good to know though, that as far as playing cards go, I have enough to keep me entertained. Heck, probably have more than enough to keep my whole neighborhood entertained.

:mad:

But, in all seriousness, glad to hear that some of you Bronies are okay and don't have too much to repair :smile:

Also, sorry about your pecans... Pecans are awesome :blush: