Lessons to Roam Around In (Closed)

GoldenDaze

3t3zsc.gif

The great city of Roam, a place no creature really talks about in the world of Equestria. A place that looks ancient compared to the rest of the world, yet it gives off an elegant vibe that is relaxing to anypony that steps hoof onto the cobblestone roads. A fleet of water stands still ever so patiently, making the whole city seem calm and cool. The weather wasn't outrageously rigorous, no intense rain or over the top melting heat, which was great for a class fieldtrip. A group of creatures from Twilight's School of Friendship would soon be arriving, ready to tackle and learn any new form of friendship they come face to face with...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3t5r45.gif

The train ride was longer and more boring than the girls predicted, as they expected something more fun and excited to be apart of. It honestly made Hyper Drive more upset than the other two, because she was the most riled up to go. It was a time to explore more unseen things in her little life, and she wanted to see what else could be out there. Midnight Glory agreed to show up because she was into the adventure too, and was curious to see what else was out there. Fruit Juice just wanted to go to get in some friendship bonding time, but she knew her two friends had something else in store. 

"Y'know, mates, even though this ride was as boring as my sister's animal shows, I still can't wait to see Roam! It better be like I imagined in my noggin'!" The little Pegasus fluttered into the air, zooming to an open window to see a good look outside. Both ways of the train was covered in nothing but trees and plants, so she couldn't really see anything. The trio was sitting in the front of the rest of the group. Throughout the ride, Hyper was talking to pretty much every creature, but she was getting antsy to move. "I'm also surprised your coo coo parents let you come, Juice. This is the farthest they've let you get from the house."

Juice giggled at her friend, shifting her weight and hopping off the bench and trotting to the blue Pegasus. "Ah'm sure Roam will be mighty fine. Ah'm just excited to spend it with you two." She scrunched up her nose cutely, looking back at Midnight. The little white unicorn stayed in her place, smiling at Hyper and Juice. "And Ah know, the only way Ah convinced 'em is that you two were goin', and there would be a lot of adult watchin' us. Ah also said Ah'd get 'em somethin'."

"Well I'm glad your parents let you come for once. And you two have nothing to worry about," Midnight responded in her monotone, yet sultry voice. "We'll all have a great time, especially with the rest of the class." 

"I know we'll have a great time! Duh!" Hyper flew quickly to Midnight, putting her hoof on her head and rubbing her mane in. "That's why we're here!" 

Midnight let Hyper buzz around her nonchalantly, having a little smirk on her face. The unicorn loved her friends more than anything. Was she going to go and talk to the other students on the train though? Probably not. 

Hyper Drive would though!

The Pegasus flew around the train, buzzing her little wings past all their heads, and finally landing next to two.. non ponies who seemed to be minding their own business. The Pegasus thinks one's a Longma, and one's a Quilin. She didn't really know them too well, but has seen them a few times in the school. She wasn't even too sure if they had any classes together, but it was time to be friendly, especially since they were almost there. "You guys excited? I'm excited!" She knew one of them was outgoing like her, but the other one seemed.. arrogant? She wasn't too sure, but didn't really care.

Juice and Midnight ended up trotting behind Hyper, but sat next to a blue bat pony, next to the professors and a couple other students. Juice looked at her with a warm grin, showing off her pearly whites. "Howdy there! Ah'm just tryin' to get familiar with everypony. Ah'm Fruit Juice! And this here is Midnight Glory." The white unicorn looked over and waved, mouthing a 'hey'. 

After talking a little, suddenly Hyper flew to the professors with a bored look on her face. "Are we there yet? I feel like 'm gonna lose brain cells if I'm here any longer!" Midnight smiled at her anxious friend, nodding her head. "I am too, I need to stretch my legs," she said with a straight face. 

Lucky for them, they were just about there. 

Spoiler

Sorry if my first post is all over the place! I was just trying to set the mood and introduce my characters. Hopefully I got them interacting with at least one of everyone's characters. My posts later on will be more organized and chill. Y'all can respond anyway you want. 

For organization sake, I created an order of responses: 

Me, PyroBlaze, Ciraxis, SteelEagle, RainbowFoxxy, and Tacobob.

Lemme know if anything needs to be changed!

• Like 3
  • Hearthoof 2

Kireina had been spending the train ride reading a book before the young pegasus flew over and asked the two of them how excited they were. The longma put her hoof on the page to mark her spot before looking over to the pegasus. 

“Oh, it seems like quite the interesting place to visit. There is so much to see, and plenty of history to learn about.” She smiled slightly at the thought of all the art that had come out of the region. She was looking forward to getting there, all right. Once the pegasus flew off again, she would go back to reading unless something else interrupted her. 

• Like 3

Less then a week.....it was less then the week since Esaka arrived to this new school. And the first thing she got after accustoming herself a little to her new situation was...being dragged on the field trip.

Figures.

Then again, it's not like she was told to attend any classes at first. Most of the time she spend wandering School's halls, getting herself familiar with it and the town of Ponyville.

Normally she would dive horns first into enjoying her new surroundings...and perhaps at some level she did found it exciting. It just...everything still seemed so grey, dulled out. Just not as much as back in Neighpon....

If only her irritation was so suppressed.Not only she was dragged on a trip she wasn't really ready for, she had to go along with the Noddle-Legs who was sitting in the same row, but across the aisle. At least she got herself busy with reading, so Homura could forget for a moment she was here. So quilin got herself busy too, just with drawing instead. The occasional bump on the tracks made it somewhat challenging, but they came in regular intervals so she adapted. So focused Homura was - both on the drafting the picture of ship engine from memory, and keeping track on the bumps - that she didn't noticed the pegasus filly until she was right in her face.

"Eh?!" quilin vocalized her surprise, which was followed by a pregnant pause.

"I am....I guess?" she answered finally - glancing from under her cap - although in a half-hearted way. What was this Roam city anyway? From what she recalled from history lessons in her previous schools, this place was old. Like, Kyoma old. Except less disasters. That meant it had a lot of history....but what kind of history? Did it had...Gladiators? Homura knew that some old civilizations did. Well perhaps if she eavesdropp on those three she will find out. So Esaka did just that, all the while eyeing up Hinode....

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack just focused on breathing as they got closer and closer to town. Why in the name of all that she held near and dear did she volunteer to return to this city? It was home to the worst moment of her adult life. The worst memory. The nightmare that returned from time to time and haunted the recesses of her mind where nopony but her dared to go. Yet she had to, right? She had to. They didn't have enough chaperones and the little fillies and colts needed some adult supervision while out there in the city. So she had volunteered, even as she dreaded coming back to this city. Nonetheless she resolved to make sure that she didn't allow her own negative feelings and experiences to taint what was supposed to be a fun and educational opportunity for the little ones to experience a city of such rich history and culture. Or so they said, anyway.

The hyper talkative and energetic blue pegasus Hyper Drive was bound to be a troublemaker in the best meaning of the word. She just wanted to head on out there and explore the city and find all sorts of adventures. They had a schedule and agenda and Applejack was sure that she'd try and break free of it a few times at the very least. Fruit Juice reminded Applejack a lot of herself and Abby when they were at that age, save for the parents who were sometimes a wee bit reluctant to let her go off and explore things. She hoped that Fruit'd enjoy the trip and see some new sights. When she was that young, seeing what the big cities offered gave her a perspective on life that had helped inform her growth in ways she never would have before.

Midnight Glory was the easiest of the trio to handle very well behaved (for a little filly anyway). Applejack was happy to see in her eyes the sort of love for her friends and love of learning that she saw in her younger sister's eyes. Esoka and Kireina were foreigners and both of them were equally unknown to Applejack. Sussing out new students was always a bit of a chore and triple that for creatures that she was just getting to know. Esoka seemed very studious, maybe taking herself a bit too seriously. Kireina struck Applejack as having an inquisitive mind, and she hoped the both of them would enjoy Roam.

Her mind wandered- heh, it Roamed- long enough for the train to come to a stop. She stood up and stretched, her worker's muscles not really enjoying being all cooped up. When she was ready she turned to the assembled school ponies. "Alright y'all, when we get off we'll collect our luggage. First things first, we head towards our group hotel. Y'all don't stray far from one another, okay?"

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

blue_bird_30smaller.pngimage.png

Ah Roam! What a wonderful place! All the sight, the sounds, the smells! The ancient town had just about everything a historian could love and love it Sunburst did!

"The Colosseum, Saint Buckskin's Basilica, the Roaman Forum, the Pantheon!" Sunburst's mind swirled with the wonder of ancient logic, arts, and architecture.  He couldn't help the words that tumbled from his muzzle. It was exhilarating to think he'd soon be sharing all this wisdom with the students that had come along!

The train was rumbling to a stop and before long ponies were tumbling out into the station. He tried to do his best to keep track of everypony but it wasn't not an easy task. Thankfully Applejack had gotten out in front and was cautioning the group to stay together. 

"That's right you little ponies!" He nodded to AJ. "Listen to professor Applejack. We've got to uh-" Was that? It couldn't be! "A gladiator show!" Sunburst pointed to the advertisement that was plastered the the train station wall. "And it's happening while we're in town!" He tried to gather himself. Really Sunburst, you're acting like one of the students. He could hear a certain flame maned professor chiding him in his mind. She really had become influential on the arch chancellor. 

"S-sorry miss Applejack." He trotted back over. "Lost track of myself for a second there! But isn't Roam just the most wonderful town?" He smiled expectantly at the professor of honesty.

---

"Hi Fruit Juice, hi Midnight Glory!" Blue Bird smiled openly at the little ponies. She knew they would end up being friends. Of course they would, they were on an overnight field trip together after all! "Wow! Have you ever been on such a cool trip with school?" She stretched her wings as the train began to slow down. "And it looks like we're here already!" Bluey stood and got ready to pile off the train.

"Stay together, don't stray. Get your luggage," Bluey nodded to Applejack "Got it!" She smiled at Fruit and Glory. "You guys ready to get our luggage?"

The pegasus flew to where luggage was being unloaded from the train, waiting for her bag to appear. "So, you been at the school long? I haven't met either of you before. I'm pretty new to Friendship School myself."

The fillies were a bit younger than her but that didn't mean they couldn't be friends!

• Like 3

fNNRKye.jpg?1

Smolder sighed as she watched the assortment of trees, mountains, lakes and hills zoom on by. She was going to a very old city known as Roam. Instead of the thatched roofed cottages of Ponyville that could be easily burninated or the pretty pony princess girlie fancy buildings of Canterlot, this old city was one a dragon could appreciate. Buildings made of marble, stone and bricks. Everything was solid and strong, like a good old cave. She was rather surprised to read in her guidebook that the city was created by the Pegasi. She assumed Earth Ponies would have created such a solid city. But Pegasus Ponies? Weird. She flipped through a handy little guidebook her friends had given her before she had rushed off to join the others at the train station. She was utterly heartbroken when she found out that with the exception of Gallus, her other friends were not going to be able to come along with her.  Instead of having fun with her pals in Rome, she was going to be on 'Foal-Patrol' with her poor griffon punch-buddy. This was no place for a bunch of bouncing babies! They should have sent them to Dumb Babyland or Foalcity. Smolder wasn't sure those places existed, but they should!

Along with the book, she was also given an rather snazzy blue toga, bracelet and sandals. She didn't ask who made it, but the young reptile was pretty sure Professor Rarity had a hoof in this. Stylish and very comfortable that highlighted all her good bits and hid all the bad ones. She was told, 'When in Roam, Do as the Roamans Do'.

She glanced at a few pages that showed off the great Coliseum! This placed used to be packed with tough creatures adorned in armor that were ready to fight to entertain the crowd! Apparently they had some shows going on there. Hopefully they're as close to the real thing as possible and they didn't ruin it by making it all babyish. 'I challenge you, Huggis Maximus in a fancy prance-off for the honor of being booped on the snout by the good Emperor Friendly Flank'. Bah! They needed to have really realistic blood with cool trick weapons. And maybe a few heads that would bounce into the crowd.

The dragon watched three fillies as they wobbled about. Smolder never really had any gal pals growing up. After she was bounced out of her family cave, it was just her brother at her side. Always looking out for each other's backs. Ugh. She needed to turn away as they were kind of cute.  There was one of those odd pony-dragon gals nearby. How odd. They had pony wings, scales, could breathe fire and had horns like a deer. Thankfully pony knock-offs were not as cool as the real thing. Which was a dragon!

There was one of the new students Smolder was unaware of, along with Professor Applejack, some blue Pegasus pony and Sunburst who was already starting to geek out. Thankfully the train finally stopped. "Hey, wake up.", she gave her sleepy griffon companion a friendly 'wap' on the flank before she turned to her duties. She helped the little foals gather up all of her loose items and head out of the train. Drop kicking them out would be fun, but that would probably get her into trouble. "Come on ill' ponies..", she grumbled.  There was also their hotel. She had read about some pretty awesome places to stay. Roam Cavalieri. Palazzo Marefredi! Among a few other places she couldn't pronounce. Hopefully it would be one of those. While she would never admit it, living in pony buildings had started to agree with her over the last year. She could picture and nice comfy bed and a large tub with bubbles.  There was also the famous food. None of that nasty pony food from the Olly Hoove Garden. Nope. She's gonna have the real thing!
  • Like 3

3t5r45.gif

Hyper Drive created the longest grin she could've ever imagined as she fluttered around the Longma excitedly, "Right? I'm so excited to learn more about this place!" She looked over at the Quilin next to her, smiling at her too. The little blue filly seemed to have scared her, which made her chuckle. "I can't wait to get to know guys! I gotta retreat back to mah friends though. No hard feelings?" She zig zagged in between the two, finally flying off to her best friends. 

As Hyper was on her way to see Fruit Juice and Midnight Glory again, she got distracted with the landscape outside the window. So, the earth pony and unicorn continued getting to know the blue bat pony next to them, who kind of looked like Hyper Drive. "Ah sure haven't! Normally Ah ain't allowed to go out 'n do silly stuff like this." Juice shrugged, giving off a sweet smile from her freckled face. Then it was Midnight's turn to talk. "Yeah, my parents are a little more lenient." 

Once Blue Bird called out they were already at their destination, Hyper Drive perked up like a puppy and flew right out of the train in a blink of an eye. Juice and Midnight looked at each other and rolled their eyes, jumping off the seats and following their friend, as in trotting pretty quickly. They were excited too. 

When they were out, they once again found Blue Bird to get their luggage together. "Yep! Ready as Ah'll ever be!" Midnight simply nodded her head, sweeping her mane in front of her one eye. She realized something, though. "Where did Hyper go?"

"I'm right here!" the blue Pegasus yelled, zooming past their heads and in front of them. "You two knuckleheads miss me?" Juice rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Miss ya’? Please. Don't go on ‘n flatter yerself." Midnight just let out a solid chuckle, heading over to their luggage and following the bat. 

When they got to the luggage, the girl's conversation continued with Bluey. "Mhm. Pretty new," the unicorn stated, using her magic to levitate her bag out of the large pile. Her magic was simply amazing compared to little fillies her age. Midnight was actually the youngest here, but she didn't mind. She was barely younger than her best friends, only by a month. Fruit Juice was actually the oldest of the three. By two months. 

Hyper flew with the other three, grabbing up her bag in one swift motion. She spotted the blue bat that her friend's were talking to, and quickly introduced herself. "Whazzup? I'm Hyper Drive," she mentioned, noticing she had a wonderbolt jacket on. That was a pretty cool jacket. "Nice jacket, mate. Ay! You wanna be a wonderbolt too?" The blue Australian Pegasus had a hopeful look in her eye, which made Fruit Juice and Midnight Glory look at each other nonchalantly. 

"They're gonna hit it off big time in the friendship department."

"For sure."

The girls then heard one of their Professors, specifically Applejack, talk about heading off to the hotel, so Juice and Midnight ended up walking off and leaving the two fliers alone for a second. "Er, Professor Applejack?" the red filly said, running up to her. "What hotel are we stayin' in?"

• Like 3

Kireina glanced up at her fellow foreign student questioningly, raising an eyebrow as the other filly eyed her up a bit. 

“<Do you need something?>” She asked in their native tongue, looking the other filly over in return. They had only really met briefly so far, and it hadn’t been the best of first meetings, but she had hoped to find someone she could relate to in Homura. Not that she was likely to admit it, but she was rather homesick at times, and Homura represented a link back home. She could appreciate Homura’s artistic choice of how to spend the train ride so far at least.  

It seemed they didn’t have any time left in the ride though, as they pulled into the station and the professors, and other chaperones, started to herd them off. Tucking her book under a wing for now, Kireina grabbed her luggage and followed the others out onto the platform, looking around at the sights she could see from here. She didn’t really have friends to stick by for this trip, so she was kinda just by herself near the professors. 

• Like 4

Homura stifled the initial response that came to her mind to Kireina question. After all, Noodle-Legs didn't did anything to earn her ire. At least so far.

"<......Just looking.>" she finally muttered after a moment before returning to her drawing.

The mere mention of 'gladiator show' however, was enough to stir Esaka from her torpor. It was like an jolt run through filly, one that filled her eyes with a little more gleam. Quilin got next to Sunburst so fast one could swore that she teleported. Only small yellow-gold embers on the floor told otherwise.

"Colosseum? Gladiator show? Can we go? Can we participate?" the little blood knight inside Esaka reared her head. "Please tell me more Sunburst-sensei!" she pleaded.

The change was probably astonishing for her traveling companions. After all, this was the most lively and excited that Homura got since enrolling in the School of Friendship!

"They do the whole 'pankration' thing there, right? I want to see it's moves!"

Of course before Sunburst could answer, it came the time to leave the train. Homura gave unicorn professor a look that indicated that she wasn't done before rushing back to gather her things.

During disembarkment, the young quilin bumped into toga wearing reptile. This made Homura do a double take. Wait, this wasn't a mare reptile - it was a dragon! True, it looked like horned lizard blended with a bat - unlike graceful dragons of Long Guo - but looks weren't everything. And besides, it weren't the looks that interested Esaka. No, she was much more interested in western's dragons reputation as temperamental and combative creatures that fought with claws, teeth and fire.

There was one thing however....didn't western dragons supposed to be HUGE?

"Or is she fun size? Neat." she muttered before joining the group. She really hoped that they get to hotel fast - the faster they do, the faster they can get to this Colosseum place!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

5HbB79Q.png

Sunburst was more excited than the kiddos were and it wasn't hard to understand why. Sunburst had his mind half in the past, wrapped in history and Roam was a city that celebrated its long and well-established history. For all of that though she wouldn't have wished to have anypony else as a chaperone. He loved history and was gonna be able to handle some of the more educational facets of the trip more than she ever could, triply so because of the city they were in. "Tha city's fine," she said curtly.
"Ah figure we can go to one of them shows. It ain't on tha lesson plan but AH'm sure you could find time in the plan for it," she said with the briefest hint of a smile. If anypony could, it would have been stallion-Twilight. "Just make sure yer bein' a teacher 'fore an enthusiast, sugarcube. Yer job is ta make sure that the youngin's leave here smarter than they entered," she said with a nod, hoping to assure his understanding.

It was then that Juice went ahead and got her attention, asking her what hotel they were staying at. "Tha Roam Cahvahl-Erri," Applejack said with a smile. "Princess Twilight says it is one of the best hotels in Roam an' indeed tha entire Foothills," she said with no lack of excitement. That was a big claim Twilight had made since the Foothills included Canterlot. Whule she wasn't one to seek out the fancy and expensive treatments she wasn't fool enough to turn it down.
She turned to the collected mass of fillies and colts and assorted terms for assorted species. "Alright. If everycreature's got their luggage, time ta head ta tha hotel. Sunburst- err, Professor Sunburst- lead tha way," she said with a nod, falling in line behind him as she kept he eyes on the group. This group would include one partially sullen Griffon near Smolder.

81KtqmA.png

Gallus was not a happy camper whenever he awoke and this time was no exception. He had slept on the train pretty well, better than most. The hubbub of a train held little to throw a kitten from the streets of Griffonstone out of his slumber when he felt safe and secure amongst friends. But he hadn't expected to sleep quite this well. He had only come out of it when his head had been hit by an older mare who was having trouble with her carry-on bag. The large bump gave proof to that story. He had made his way off the train with everycreature else half-asleep, yawning all the while. He didn't speak before they started walking to the hotel- well he was hovering, but whatever- as he elbowed Smolder accidentally in his grogginess. "Ooh, sorry. I'm still-" yawns, "-waking up. What's this I'm hearing about gladiator fights?"

That sounded cool, which is more than he could have hoped for at the start of this trip.
 Gallus hadn't really wanted to go on this trip in the first place. However, Smolder was being forced to go and none of the other members of the group could make it. He figured she'd enjoy the company more than a bunch of younger ponies and creatures. After all, few could compare to the deadpan excitement that he brought to the table. Ask him yourself.
Plus, it was a sweet deal for a student in the throes of a mental block. He wasn't gonna say no to a fancy hotel in a rich city and away from papers that would otherwise have been due. A stay of execution was always good, right?

As he hovered next to Smolder and the group made their way further away from the train depot, the train departed- and something about that train whistle seemed to slowly jog something from his memory. He turned his head to watch the train depart, the fog only slowly being lifted. 
And when it did, it lifted with a bang.
"I left my luggage on that train..." Gallus said in shock as the train ventured into the beyond. "I LEFT MY LUGGAGE ON THE TRAIN!"

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

blue_bird_30smaller.pngimage.png

(sorry if I missed responding to anyone! If I did, not intentional :) )

Sunburst was really excited to have peaked the interest of at least one little pony thus far! He was ready to tell her more when they had to leave the train. "I'll catch up with you later! So many stories I could tell you!" 

The stallion trotted down the street towards the hotel when he heard the griffon's exclamation. He turned and called out. "I-It's ok Gallus! When in Roam..." He reached into his saddle bag and pulled out a white toga wrap. He had been wanting to wear it himself but a griffon with no luggage might find some use for the piece of fabric. "Dress like the Roamans!" He trotted on. "Oh, and don't worry. We can find you supplies here if you need anything!"

Roam was an ancient city of secrets and Sunburst was going to discover them all! He noticed little Horuma trotting nearby and smiled at her. "Isn't this exciting? Have you ever seen some many interesting buildings?"

Blue Bird hovered along with the group of younger fillies for a little while, listening to their chatter. Then Hyper flew up and spoke about her cool jacket! "Yeah I want to be a Wonderbolt! You too!?" This could be a fun friendship!

• Like 3

fNNRKye.jpg?1

The little fillies seemed to be so lost in conversation and their anticking..... antiquing? Were those words? These pesky little ponies seemed to be really excited for their little trip. Which was good. However, she was surprised their crazy pony parents signed the permission slip and paid the required fee to have Gallus and her watch over them! What a horrible, horrible joke. Both she and the blue bird of sappiness were responsible for the deaths of five ferns, one Peperomia, one Calathea, which Smolder refereed to as 'Spike Jr' due to its color and five plastic Bromeliads. They were not sure how this happened. And now the crazy ponies wants them to watch real living children? Ho-Boy. Still, while they did ignore her, the bold dragon still did her best to herd them to their right spots. Get all their carry-on luggage, get off the train, and get the rest of their stuff.

Once the kid's needs were done, it was then time for Smolder to make sure she had all of her items. And to help Gallus if necessary.

"Gladiator Fights.", the dragon responded, "They're supposed to have recreations of the old gladiator fights at the Coliseum. We'll get to see ponies in armor pretending to poke other ponies in armor with tridents. Maybe they'll let us play.", she rubbed her claws together. That would be fun.  And they would get to try some Cacio e Pepe and Carciofi alla Giudìa! Her dragon ancestors would frown upon her choices in meals, but Smolder wasn't the type to stick to the same ol' same ol'.  

Once off the train, and all of the foals were there with all of their body parts intact and still attached to their chubby little bodies, the dragon had time to give her little blue kitty pal some attention. Unfortunately it did not seem Gallus was in the mood for their usual banter. "You did? Seriously?", there was a chance they could have flied after the train, but that ship had sailed already. Or train had sailed. Or whatever trains do.

To make things even worse, Sunburst stole her idea and brought a toga of his very own. Thus pushing the young dragon away from a cool-zone to his own brand of nerdieness.  "Don't worry Blue.", she sighed, "We'll make sure you have everything you need.", she loved to tease the guy, but even her mighty dragon heart could not dare to see him really upset. Even if it was his fault he left his stuff on board.
  • Like 2

W1Ugnyg.png?1

The little earth pony's ears perked up when she heard the hotel, "Tha Roam Cahvahl-Erri?" She looked shocked, like it was the most amazing hotel she's ever heard of. Then she frowned, scrunching her eyebrows. "Never heard of it." Midnight Glory couldn't help but chuckle at Juice's realization. "Wha? Ah'm totally excited to see a hotel Ah've never set my eyes on." Sarcasm was oozing out of her voice, as Midnight rolled her eyes. 

On the other hoof, Hyper Drive couldn't keep the smile off her face from meeting this new friend, who also wanted to be a Wonderbolt. "Is that even a question, mate? Of course I wanna be a Wonderbolt! My father used to be one, kinda wanna follow in his hoofsteps." She then shrugged, buzzing around the bat pony excitedly. "Ay! Maybe you can hang with me 'n my friends! Probably already met 'em, but if you don't have anypony else to chill with, you can be with us!"

The three fillies then listened to their fellow professor as she told everypony to follow along. It didn't take long though until there was a sudden screech, to which they all looked behind themselves. A older blue griffon was yelling about his luggage being on the train. Hyper Drive flew higher into the sky, looking back at him with no second thought. "Hey! No worries, dude! I can grab it!" The train was already zooming away, as Hyper dangerously tried to catch it with her speed. 

Fruit Juice's bright blue eyes shrunk in panic, "No, Hyper! You can't catch that train! You'll get hurt!" 

Midnight looked at Fruit with a weak smile. "Maybe we can help, though. C'mon Juice, it seems like fun."

The little unicorn then ran off after her friend, as Juice started to panic. "Guys, it's not safe!" She looked at Applejack and Sunburst with a guilty look, then started sprinting after them. "Darn tootin' you guys! This is dangerous!"

Hyper was flying as fast as she could after the train, barely keeping up with it, as Midnight was running behind her with a great amount of energy. The unicorn wanted to look as adventurous a brave as Hyper did, making sure she was different from every pony else. Juice was just trying to keep her friends safe, and maybe not getting in trouble, "This is totally the smartest thing y'all have done!" She yelled sarcastically. The train was inching away now.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Kireina looked over as the three fillies ran off after the train, which apparently still held the luggage of Gallus. That was unfortunate, and she sympathized with his plight, but trying to catch a moving train was a stupid idea... Sighing to herself, she looked back at the others before taking to the air.

"Watch my luggage, please, I shall go help make sure they stay out of trouble." She said to Applejack and Sunburst before flying off after the trio. She was a fairly strong flier, so at least she wasn't getting left behind, but she didn't want to try pushing herself too hard trying to catch up to the pegasus filly out front. "Please slow down, you three! Even if you manage to catch a train, what do you expect to do then? They do not stop easily."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

".....Are they involve fighting?" Esaka asked Sunburst carefully. However the gossip of two winged fillies caught her attention.

"Wonderbolt? What's Wonderbolt?" Homura asked, undoubtedly to the shock of younger and older winged fillies due to her obliviousness.

Of course any and all questions had to wait in face of griffon boy's freak out. His luggage? Oh....

"Well that sucks." she commented before taking her hat off and turning it upside down...."Alright we need to do a whip-round to buy Gallus..." Esaka started but at this moment the younger filly trio took off to chase after train!

"Oy! What are you doing? That's stupid! And dangerous! Stupidly dangerous!" she scolded them but they didn't listen - especially pegasus filly seemed dead set to reclaim the cat-bird student belongings....

"......Jeezzz... Alright Noodle-Legs hold this for..." Homura started to address the other Neighponian, but Kireina already flew after the receding wagons as well....

"....<Yare yare daze>......" quilin muttered in annoyance before walking towards still stunned Gallus.

"Here raptor-boy, hold this for me for a while. DON'T break it." Esaka said, as she stuffed her hat into griffons other talon....before she jumped the fence back into train-depot. When quilin walked on the tracks, she was already wrapped in amber flames.

"....Alright, alright....it's been as while....I still got it. I still got it!" Homura psyched herself up, took a deep breath......and then let out the most hot-blooded scream any of her fellow students ever heard coming from the lungs of the filly!

"ESAKA OUGI! - SHIN KAEN SENPŪ!!!" she roared as she punched/breathed forward - unleashing whirlwind of spinning air and fire that quickly caught up to winged fillies. However, true to it's name, instead of scorching their heels, the amber flame jet opened up, forming a half-pipe around and above Hyper, Fruit, Midnight and Kireina...but most importantly it also created a jet-stream-like rush of air, giving the winged fillies so much needed speed boost!

• Like 3

81KtqmA.png

The train grew smaller and smaller from Gallus' view in short order and with it, his luggage. Nothing too dramatic. His money, his clothes. Wasn't like he had much of either in the first place and was expecting somecreature to live the high life because of it. It was the principle of the matter though. He barely even wanted to be here and he had already managed to cock it up. Luckily, Smolder was here for the save. And Sunburst. He wasn't sure which was worse, though he'd hedge his bets on looking like a giant dork in an ill-fitting toga. He sighed, rubbing his head- but still managed a smile, as sheepish as it was. "Thank you," he said to the both of them as he tried to make the toga fit better. "I'm sure its fine. It isn't like Roam is expensive or anything right?" He said with a knowing smirk. 

He was ready to just detach from what had been left behind. You didn't grow up in Griffonstone and become attached to your personal belongings, especially ones that wre easily replaced (or taken). Hard to worry for long about some bits when you only learned about the currency recently. Others seemed to have plans besides his, however. A trio of fillies started taking off after the train, which was bad enough. Then his claw was stuffed with a Quilin's hat as she she took off in flames. It was all Gallus could do to bury his head in that very same hat as he saw the the train finally start to pick up its speed and left his vision entirely.

5HbB79Q.png

Applejack felt bad for Gallus but she figured that it wouldn't be too big a deal. The train ran a specific route and his luggage would turn up, probably somewhere down the line. Maybe they'd have to just sent back to the school of forwarded here depending when, but even if the worst happened it wouldn't be a big deal. He'd be taken care of. Sunburst and Smolder saw to that in quick order. It was evidence that a friend would be there to help you when you were down on your luck and that, despite their constant teasing and sniping, she and Gallus were truly very tight. It was why she was happy both of them had come along. Support never hurt no matter what form it took, and she was just happy to see the situation...

...resolved.

"Stop," she said as the three fillies started their adventure. It was a mite too dangerous to be running after trains right about now for no good reason. Not that there were good times to do so but this didn't seem fitting. At least Fruit Juice seemed to have her head on straight, smart filly. 

"Stop." She said to nocreature in particular as another wave of activity happened.

"...Stop?" She asked hopefully of the older Quilin, who also decided to break her motherly heart. And possibly cause a fire, she wasn't sure.

Applejack was none too pleased as she started rooting around her saddlebag for a lasso. "Sunburst, use yer magic an' get 'em back. Else Ah;m gonna hogtie 'em like piglets. Smolder, Gallus, y'all just check with tha other students an' make sure everypony's ready to scoot." 

• Like 3