chat maybe?

emmyclou

hi, i was just wondering if anyone might maybe wanna chat, it isnt an rp, but feel free to chat as your character if you'd like, and id prefer if we just started chatting about pony stuff, then spread out into other things.

Hi, I'm Windracer. I've always wondered how the existence of Flurry Heart is even possible. It's not like it's some kind of birth defect where a unicorn was born with a pair of wings or vice versa, it alters her entire biological makeup as well as the distribution of her magic. It affects her in the same way as a "proper" alicorn in the sense that her overall internal magic is that of royal proportions. The event of a naturally born alicorn is unheard of and should be theoretically impossible. So I ask again... HOW?!

• Hearthoof 1

I have a feeling there is an unknown deity or spiritual power that controls and distributes power in Equestria, hence why the tree of harmony is able to grow a chest containing exactly what the Mane 6 need to defeat Tirek, opened by keys it knew would be spawned into existence, etc. It would also explain the mark of destiny (cutie marks) on ponies, the heavy convenience magic that is the Elements of Harmony, etc. Basically, a greater authority that the world has no knowledge of is helping Equestria, giving the creatures that inhabit it the means to survive by giving them a measure of control over the very fabric of the universe. This would explain the birth of Flurry Heart. Since alicorns only receive their wings (or horn) after receiving a large magical surge (like Twilight or Cozy Glow), which almost exclusively happens when a pony accomplishes a great deed worthy of nobility, but Flurry was born with hers, Flurry Heart's destiny must need to be completely dependent upon her being an alicorn, hence why the deity in question gave her wings from birth.

I hope that makes sense. That's the only way I see it. /shrug

Entirely possible i suppose. The question doesn't have an easy answer and was even briefly acknowledged in the show. I could talk about it for hours and create a small book trying to explain the biological mechanics of ponies, but the short answer would be the it was most likely a marketing ploy to ramp up toy sales.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2021 at 9:47 AM, emmyclou said:

hi, i was just wondering if anyone might maybe wanna chat, it isn't an RP, but feel free to chat as your character if you'd like, and id prefer if we just started chatting about pony stuff, then spread out into other things.

mind if i join? plz? if not, then i'd be left out. meaning i'll still have to be lonely.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/18/2021 at 12:52 PM, Windracer said:

Hi, I'm Windracer. I've always wondered how the existence of Flurry Heart is even possible. It's not like it's some kind of birth defect where a unicorn was born with a pair of wings or vice versa, it alters her entire biological makeup as well as the distribution of her magic. It affects her in the same way as a "proper" alicorn in the sense that her overall internal magic is that of royal proportions. The event of a naturally born alicorn is unheard of and should be theoretically impossible. So I ask again... HOW?!

Enkah Ironheart here, I overheard your question. It piqued my urge to ponder it and learn about it. 

I have no idea how it is possible, I do admit Flurry Heart is the cutest gosh darn character since the cake twins I will not lie. 

I think it might be a few factors. 

Seeing as Cadence is an alicorn herself, and that (I think) twilight recently became an alicorn herself shortly before flurrys birth. 

That'd make Shining a Prince making him of royal blood. 

(This is my headcanon not fact. )

What if having strong royal magical blood was a factor? For example. 

If an alicorn fell in love with a normal non-royal non magically strong unicorn and had a foal themselves it wouldn't be a alicorn ever. 

But what if. Just what if. Being strong in blood connection with an alicorn strong in magic and visits regularly. 

While having friendship strongly rooted. 

Shining armour - brother/husband

Mi Amour Cadence - wife/old foal sitter/Sister in law

P.Twilight Sparkle - Alicorn/Sister/Element of harmony/Sister in law/Strong connection to magic. 

It's the strength of the magical connection I believe. 

Sorry if this is all over the place.