star wars the old republic

Dusty

Yeah, I've been waiting on this game for the last year. I applied to the Beta but didn't get in. I'll try almost any MMO once, but so far the only one I stay with is FFXI.

I have a good feeling for this, but you never know. But Guild Wars 2 well kick ass and we all know this. :blah: But i well like a good star wars MMO And form what i have seen it is good.

And You ignored my post when I said about pre-ordering :<.

тþòðрøщ!

I well not leave you out of this! You can join us, how can we leave you?

• 1 month later...

I'm not a pessimist or anything, but chances are I might not buy it at all.

Knights of the Old Republic was my favorite game, and the sequel was pretty sweet, too.

I was slightly annoyed to hear that Lucas Arts didn't bother to continue the story and skipped to a whole new storyline, just to make it into an MMORPG.

Chances are I might eat my words, but I'm generally not feeling the hype at all. :/

• 1 month later...

My best-friend is fanatical about this game, so I'll probably give it a go when it comes out, but I'm not a huge SW nerd (honestly more into StarTrek and was severely dissapointed at the ST MMO...) Depends on costs as to when I get on though, I'm kinda low on $$$ and planning some pony purchases when I do get some disposable income... *is hopeing desperately for a good Sci-Fi MMO*

Been playing pretty much nonstop for a couple days now (Yay early access! ^_^) and I am having a blast! Lots of content and 8 completely different storylines for each class! 16 between the two factions. Bioware really outdid themselves, imo. The game mechanics and features as far as systems you look for are tried and true concepts popularized by games like EQ, DAoC, and WoW (we're talking talent trees, class roles, fast travel, and "mounts") as well as some new features previously only seen in western RPGs (mostly things from Bioware [Who would've thought?]).

There are now incentives for grouping including larger xp rewards, daily group quests (Heroic quests) and instances (called flashpoints), as well as social points that you receive by completing quests and storylines with other people. That along with fully voiced quests and NPCs makes for an experience we've yet to see in an MMO. They even included the ability to join a party member's conversation with quest givers allowing you to join in and make it a 3, 4, or even 5 way conversation.

If you're a fan of MMOs, especially well polished ones with an immersive world and a large emphasis on story and setting, this is a winner. If you're a fan of western RPGs like Mass Effect or Dragon Age, but wished that you could play those games with your friends, this game is a winner. If you enjoy games like Rift, Aeon, or WoW, but are tired of the same-old-same-old, this game is a winner. If you're just a giant Star Wars geek and love everything force related, you're probably already playing. in any case, four hooves up and nonstop clopping for this game. Bioware released a masterpiece.

If you enjoy games like Rift, Aeon, or WoW, but are tired of the same-old-same-old, this game is a winner.

After reading your review I'm gonna give it a try when I have the $$$

nonstop clopping for this game.

O_o The graphics are THAT good? I must have missed something, but then I'm not a very big clopper at all and with what you said and what my friend said, I guess some SW geeks would find this clop-worthy... just... really... sounds... wrong...

I got to play one weekend in the Beta, and got early access last Thursday. Every quest in this game has full voice acting and interactive responses with the NPCs. It's really impressive.

I'm in a Brony guild on the Vronskyr server if anypony wants to make a character / alt on there.

As much a big Star Wars fan as I am, I'm going to continue holding out for Guild Wars 2. I've checked out what both of them are planning on offering, and to be honest TOR looks like it's going to be crushed when GW2 hits the stores. Eventually.

It's cool, I'll wait.

And go on waiting...

And on....