Running of the Leaves OOC

hi hi

I left the identity of the characters who talked/tricked Ginger Mint into the race open, if anypony wants to pick up that role, just let me know. It could be more than one person even.

I'm not sure how it would play out, maybe a friendly rivalry, maybe your character thought it was a practical joke, maybe it was clerical error. I figure we could work something out either way.

i took the nerdy liberty of making a nice sophisticated chart for the scoring of the event. After Manestream's first scoring, here is the leaderboard as they run:

Ginger Mint 9 Lyra 8 Swift Breeze 8 Gilda 8 Bramble Rose 8 Holly Dash 8 Mayday 8 Rose 8 Mobius 7 Big Mac 7 Applejack 7 Carrot Fields 7 Corsair 7 Flicker 6 Zephyr 6 Klondike 6 Clutch Vibrafang 6 Seeker 6 Breaker 5 Dixie 5 Harmony Everskies 5 Mojo 4 Dustsy 4 Pinkie Pie 4 Survey 3 Shanna 3 Stormsong 3 Dotty Droll 3

Here's an editable doc. You'll notice the spreadsheet has built-in functions so that it adds the scores automatically when entered. No cheating, lol, i have a hard copy with scores, lol.

https://docs.google....&hl=en_US#gid=0

Also, you'll notice several ponies have numbers on their flank. If you have a number, or forgot to make one, feel free to to edit it so that your number is reflected on the scoresheet. Bramble and Willow both have 13, not that it matters, though.

hi hi

I'm surprised I got a lucky six. Knowing my way with dice I was expecting all ones... although sometimes I suspect online dice rollers of being weighted towards the high end. :shifty:

I don't know how everypony else is planning on roleplaying the scores. I was thinking that for myself, I would play it fast and loose until maybe the 5th or 6th leg and then start trying to roleplay my position a little more strictly. Or is the ranking an entirely OOC thing?

hi hi

I'm surprised I got a lucky six. Knowing my way with dice I was expecting all ones... although sometimes I suspect online dice rollers of being weighted towards the high end. :shifty:

I don't know how everypony else is planning on roleplaying the scores. I was thinking that for myself, I would play it fast and loose until maybe the 5th or 6th leg and then start trying to roleplay my position a little more strictly. Or is the ranking an entirely OOC thing?

This is what I was thinking. Since the probability of anypony winning is left wide open, we should allow our characters to do whatever we think would be best for them, and then adhear to their energy and strategy, or lack thereof, towards the end to put the scores in action.

And as far as the winner... By the time we get to the last section, the race will probably come down to 3 or 4 ponies, as several other ponies will be mathmetically eliminated, since 9 is the most you can score per section.

Oh, I didn't know we were even going to get to know the scores. That's awesome. It's great to see Gilda got a good first score. Maybe she really will win like she so wants to :wink:

hi hi

I'm not very good at forum roleplay either. I'm still rather new to this whole thing, though I bet we could pick up the conversation again somewhere along the line.

((I got called in to work and lost a good chunk of my saturday. I'm going to have to get cracking on my opening post for stage 4 first chance I get in the morning.))

hi hi

I don't know how many runners are going to see this, but I can only hope... The finish line is drawing close, and soon the race is going to be over. If we're going to have an impromptu musical number, we're going to have to do it soon! :geek:

I don't know if any of the music ponies have anything in mind, but I was thinking maybe a song to the theme from Chariots of Fire? I know its a little slow pace for Pinkie Pie, but it fits the theme pretty well.

Maybe something like:

I'm steadily racing,

the key is the pacing,

no worries of placing, if its over soon.

my legs are so sore

just want to be over

how long is the course, its gone on for miles.

at least I'm not here, all by, myself.

at least I have friends,

and because of that one, simple, fact, I'll be sad when it ends.

Hmm, maybe thats too hard of a rhythm. Or maybe its not sap related enough?

Hey all, just to let you know, I'm unlikely to get another Lyra post in before the topic closes. I'm just not up for RP right now. So tired :sleep: Sorry.

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interesting in continuing the RP in a new topic? Or moving to some sort of after race party maybe? Assuming Manestream is okay with it, since technically the event should be over at the end of the day.

I, too, would really like to see a continuation. Like an afterparty or something. :3 Where everyone gets drunk off salt licks. LoL. :D

That's the spirit, Knight!!!

• 2 weeks later...