Power Outage: California, Baja California Mexico, Arizona... What's going on?

Chonico

Howdy!

I just got a call from my relatives near the Arizona/California border telling me that the power in parts of California, Baja California Mexico, and part of Arizona just died. Does any Brony in those parts know what's going on? I checked the internet but so far I can't find anything specific. Besides, I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth, no pun intended.

So, Bronies, anypony know what's going on over there? You Bronies okay?

I lost power for a good thirty minutes. I'm from a smallish town in the Imperial Valley, which is an agricultural area, so we have a few of our own local contracts through a special irrigation district that has a bit more clout than it should. If not for that, I'd have no power and no AC, even though it's 1 A.M it's still 98 outside... Arizonans know this ridiculousness I speak of.

My power just came back on. 12 hours without power in this heat. Icing on the cake.

Side story: So I went to the local grocery store to buy some matches right? I see people walking out of the store with frozen goods and other perishable items. I go to the canned goods section only to see that all of the shelves were full. Same with the dry goods. I guess I missed the new disaster preparation plan that calls for a couple 24 packs of beer and cart of frozen goods when the power is out. Also I guess we should avoid candles and lighters like the plague. :geek:

So power finally began to come back up? That's great to hear :smile:

Hope you Bronies didn't have to suffer too much without power.

There are still a lot of streets without power and the coastal areas are still having some problems. I do hope that everything gets back to normal soon. It is supposed to be hot again today. :/

My power just came back on. 12 hours without power in this heat. Icing on the cake.

Side story: So I went to the local grocery store to buy some matches right? I see people walking out of the store with frozen goods and other perishable items. I go to the canned goods section only to see that all of the shelves were full. Same with the dry goods. I guess I missed the new disaster preparation plan that calls for a couple 24 packs of beer and cart of frozen goods when the power is out. Also I guess we should avoid candles and lighters like the plague. :geek:

Oh how i love how ever one is like that. Now if you your like me you keep 25 years worth of canned goods and water on hoof at all the time... *points at the sky* your not going to take me off guard ww3!

But it is good to see ever thing is OK for ya mate! *gives Doc a spine snapping hug*