Am I the only one experiencing this?

Mojo

I've noticed lately that often it's taking more time for the Canterlot site to 'load' on my PC and a few times, the 'operation' will 'time out' on me (IE9 gives the 'Internet Connection Problem' screen, yet all my other programs/internet run fine).

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Could this be the result of the site using more bandwidth or the increased memory demands of the new software?

Just curious.

If you're experiencing timeouts, please provide tracert information.

There's VERY little we can do without such information. It's the first thing and webhosting company will ask for.

Note: DO NOT use a website offering tracert. It needs to come from YOUR connection, not someone elses. This is because only relatively few people are experiencing this.

Instructions:

Go to your command prompt.

(either Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt or in windows vista/7 simply type cmd in the start > search-bar)

At the command prompt please type: tracert canterlot.com

Wait till it's done.

Copy and paste me a copy of the results (right click in command prompt then ctrl+c). You can use a PM if you want.

Only send me information collected during a timeout or a 5+ second lag. If the results aren't showing significant slow-downs it's pretty useless.

In the mean time, it's been reported that these 'spikes' only last a few mins or so. If it feels longer, don't forget that a watched pot never boils... so go make a cup of tea and come back in a few mins. :geek:

For those who have a MacIntosh, you can use TRACERT by doing the following:

Finder -> Applications Folder -> Utilities Folder -> Terminal

The Terminal window will open

At the prompt type: "traceroute www.canterlot.com"

This will display all the Tracert information from your IP to Canterlot.com

You can just then highlight and use Command + C to copy and then paste to any text document or here.