Is there anything you DONT like about FIM?

Puck

And because I feel that you are a poor deprived youngster, behold:

I swear Spike sounds like The Hamburglar from the mcdonalds cartoons! It has to be his voice!

Sad fact: I have that Ponywear outfit somewhere. it's called Flashprance (it is, sadly, way too big for the regular Rainbow Dash...now if they release the fashion version....). And now I want to stab my own eardrums out. Thanks. I had intentionally forgotten the weird skeletor-esque voices of the g1 cartoon.

Oh gosh, I forgot how bad that song was! Makes Rebecca Black sound decent in comparison. On another note, G1 Spike had such a cute voice! :)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the time slot yet. (Or at least I missed it if anyone did mention it.) I hate that new episodes always air while I'm in school. It's nice that I can fast-forward through commercials when I watch the recording, but there's this joy in watching a new episode of a show while it's airing for the first time.

I honestly find the technological inconsistency charming. Plus if fuels my desire to cross Ponies and Fallout. A restored world with gaps in technology.

I would like to see a few more male ponies though. Mac, Breezy and 'Quills 'n Sofa' are great but I'd like to see more. As much as I hated Snips and Snails at their first appearance their magic act in Show Stoppers made me consider them as characters I'd like to see more of.

That and the air time needs to change. Thought that doesn't affect me. I never watch it at airtime anyway.

I swear Spike sounds like The Hamburglar from the mcdonalds cartoons! It has to be his voice!

Sad fact: I have that Ponywear outfit somewhere. it's called Flashprance (it is, sadly, way too big for the regular Rainbow Dash...now if they release the fashion version....). And now I want to stab my own eardrums out. Thanks. I had intentionally forgotten the weird skeletor-esque voices of the g1 cartoon.

Every time Gusty speaks, all I can hear is Bart Simpson.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Rarity is one thing, she's the only character I don't care for at all, she's too much of a snob/fashion freak for me to relate to or care about her and I can totally understand why Applejack hates the way she acts, as I hate those sorts of people in real life, but beyond that I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

EDIT: Oh, and the fact that Big Macintosh doesn't appear NEARLY as often as he should.

Every time Gusty speaks, all I can hear is Bart Simpson.

YES (Although at the time, I just kept picturing the sister who gets banished to cartoon land in the Twilight Zone movie***, which is really hilarious if you think about it) and Fizzy is exactly the voice of Sunni Gummi (as in the voice same voice actress doing the SAME EXACT VOICE with all of its intonations as Sunni, and she does several in the show) And Tress MacNeille you just expect and recognize in anything from the 80's (I had End of Flutter Valley going on in the background last night, can you tell? I had to look up like "WTF" ever time either Gusty or Fizzy spoke.

I don't like that it looks like Rarity plucks her hairline like an Elizabethan woman. AT ALL.

***Edited to add the link for folks who have no idea what I am talking about, because I am guessing that not everyone watched that sort of crappy movie about a million times when they were little.

Funny thing: Rarity is my 2nd-least favorite of the mane cast (Applejack beats her out with her stereotypical southern accent which I raeg when I hear it), but Rarity's VA, Tabitha St. Germain, is one of my favorites, and has done some of her best work ever as Rarity.

It doesn't add up!

Funny thing: Rarity is my 2nd-least favorite of the mane cast (Applejack beats her out with her stereotypical southern accent which I raeg when I hear it), but Rarity's VA, Tabitha St. Germain, is one of my favorites, and has done some of her best work ever as Rarity.

It doesn't add up!

I wouldn't say Applejack's southern accent is THAT stereotypical, you want a stereotypical southern character then Mater from Cars is what you want. Applejack really isn't too bad in that regard.

It doesn't add up!

It isn't really that stereotype of a general southern accent, however I will grant you that it is faux Texan, or what I like to call Hollywood County. Just like how studios imagine every other accent to be like when they don't use someone naturally from that area.

It doesn't add up!

I wouldn't say Applejack's southern accent is THAT stereotypical, you want a stereotypical southern character then Mater from Cars is what you want. Applejack really isn't too bad in that regard.

Well Mater is more or less Larry the Cable Guy's entire character, in the form of a vehicle.

It's just I'm originally from the from the southern USA and I just hate hearing it. We don't all talk like that...

Exactly. This was a matter of Corporate Meddling. Faust conceived of Celestia as a queen, but Hasbro nixed it, presumably because "princess" is more marketable. Faust has said herself that there is no higher power than Celestia in Equestria. She rules the land with an iron hoo--with grace and serenity.

Because Disney made queens seem evil, therefore Hasbro wanted to use princess instead. Eyup.

No, actually, I'm totally serious that that is the reason why. I'm pretty sure Faust has commented on this somewhere. I think the queen part may be fan speculation, but it makes complete sense.

I am pretty sure she said those exact words in an interview.

Because Disney made queens seem evil, therefore Hasbro wanted to use princess instead. Eyup.

No, actually, I'm totally serious that that is the reason why. I'm pretty sure Faust has commented on this somewhere. I think the queen part may be fan speculation, but it makes complete sense.

I am pretty sure she said those exact words in an interview.

I feel this image is perfectly relevant:

queen_it_up_by_twisted_persona-d3fbpwa.jpg

• 1 month later...