Last post wins

23 minutes ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

I really shouldn't be wearing pants that have a rip in the crotch along with underwear that also has a rip in the crotch. Well, I'd never wear it in public or anything but it's still not exactly a good decision. Eh.

I guess that's convenient, depending on what you use the rip for.

Just dropped off husband at airport. It was a fast three weeks. I couldn't stop crying. Got home and found some stuff of his in the fridge and some blankets that still smelled like him, cried more. I'll see him again in December for Midwest Furfest, or maybe before if stuff happens. 

• Like 1

We could mix maple AND chocolate syrup.

Had a buncha painful medical stuff done today. Mum took me out to lunch after and it sucked, so to make myself feel better I wrote this seething review on Yelp:

Eating here was awful. But, often in dark places the light of revelation can shine forth. This, friends, is not a restaurant we want. Its mere concept is something we deserve. Often Americanized-Chinese food and the critique of such is a slippery slope. It is a cuisine embroiled in our nature; it's not particularly healthy or good, but as a fast and tasty addition to the quick service culture we live in, it has become as American as apple pie. P.F. Chang's -might- have been good once upon a time, cast in the ancient inspiration of its Chinese forebears. Or, maybe not. We won't know, because whatever soul this establishment once had is lost to its clever marketing, glammy lip service, and intelligent presentation, all slathered in cloyingly sweet sauce (like 90% of their menu items).

I've often wondered what the "P.F" stood for. Pretty foul? I wouldn't be remiss to say it was that today. The server was very clearly having a bad day -- given his brevity and propensity to toss our food at us, it made the experience miserable. Don't get me started on how bad the food actually is. This takes me back to my earlier point about critiquing Chinese food. What, exactly, makes it good? It can vary by person and expectation, or location. What I can tell you is that this food is sugar-laden as anything you'll find in a candy shop. Sugar sells. Again, it's part of our culture. We've willingly embraced this, and we are the ones at fault for accepting it as okay.

If you are still reading this, whoever you are, please don't misunderstand what I am trying to say in this review. The food and service here are bad. But, that also doesn't mean you won't enjoy it, if you do like this kind of thing. You know what you are getting into. Sometimes, you have to concede that is what you really want. People don't stand in line for hours to get on a roller coaster that lasts two minutes for fun. People enjoy the anticipation of what could be fun, and that in itself is why people stand in line.

To those of you that think this restaurant is great, please, continue and enjoy. Sometimes the modicum of pleasure is worth whatever price tag this self-proclaimed "bistro" thinks it costs, both financially and culturally. Regretfully, the cost here is very high for such a thing.

• Like 3

So pumpkin stuff is starting. Like, it's been started for a while, but the shockwave finally hit my bakery. Pumpkin bagels. Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin.

I'm waiting for the day I see pumpkin spice scented tampons in the store. That, friends, means we have reached the end. The real singularity is not a self-learning machine that will plunge humanity into an eternal Matrix. It's pumpkin.

ZItezt0.jpg

• Like 2

I leave lots of little cute messages/treats for the morning crew, lol.

Sometimes I'll make ONE almond-shortbread stuffed with raspberry jam, dipped in chocolate, sprinkled with sea salt and toasted almonds, embedded in a coconut macaroon. Just one. 

Then I watch them fight for it.

• Like 2