Last post wins

11 hours ago, aFlatmajor said:

Also, Rose, I've had that gum before. It does taste like cough syrup. BUT, I chew for that taste. I live for it

Is this the secret I requested?

This is a terrible secret.

TAKE IT BACK. 

I shant have it making a poor example for the other more noblely whispered secrets >:I

2 hours ago, Rosewind said:

I tried once. It didn't work out very well.

What good is a pocket knife if you can't extend all the arms at once and toss it at your friends like a makeshift ninja star?

Likewise what good is a bag full of items that can't all be used simultaneously?

LITTLE MORE THEN PRETTY GARBAGE

Thus do I name thee Rose Fauxpocket, from this day forever more >:I

13 hours ago, aFlatmajor said:

If you watch the original you probably won't enjoy the movie as much.
At the same time, you might not understand the movie as well as you could have. Very important things are noted but are glossed over, leading to a very confusing experience.
The anime and the movie follow a different story with different characters and different portrayals of characters we already know, which feels off. Not necessarily a bad choice, but imagine biting into what appears to be a chocolate cake, but it taste like strawberry. Not bad, but just... weird.
I watched both. Loved the anime. The movie was watchable and fairly enjoyable, but moments of questionable acting and plot reasons ruined a few portions of it. The soundtrack was great and there were excellent camera shots that brought a certain life to the film. But again, certain acting moments and plot reasons take away from the grand experience.

In comparison, the anime is great but also falls into it's own little holes. It is relatively short, sitting at 37(?) episodes, but it could've been shorter (imo). Still a good watch though. Worth it.

...  Yeah.

Man I should really work on the drawings I promised to make for people instead of writing reviews for Death Note... :|

I'm not good at time management

Well then maybe I'll seriously give the movie a sho-

11 hours ago, Penumbra said:

Lets have a little gander at a comparison scene:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh. 

Oh no.

Oh.

I was expecting serious actors who just didn't get the feel of the anime or something. Not this. Notlikethis.

2 hours ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

Well then maybe I'll seriously give the movie a sho-

Oh.

I was expecting serious actors who just didn't get the feel of the anime or something. Not this. Notlikethis.

You should still watch it regardless, it's entertaining because it's that bad. Plus, Ryuk is actually great!

<3 Dafoe

• Like 1

That comparison scene had me rolling for a solid 3 minutes :lol:

That scene is probably the biggest offender of questionable acting and weird choices. There are a few others, but that one takes the cake.  However, you do have to remember that anime Light and movie Light are not the same. Anime Light is this super level-headed genius kid and movie Light is, well.. Not.. That... At all.

Also, movie L wasn't bad except for the action scenes and ending.

Ryuk was the best character in the movie, tbh. Though he's different from the anime because he plays an active antagonistic role as opposed to being merely a bystander with bystander effects.

13 hours ago, Fawkes said:

Is this the secret I requested?

This is a terrible secret.

TAKE IT BACK. 

I shant have it making a poor example for the other more noblely whispered secrets >:I

Sorry, no refunds or exchanges :) 

I've totally got a knife, but it's in my work bag. I use it mostly for opening boxes of product that I need to bake with. I've also got a Japanese damascus blade that can split grapes if you drop them on the edge, in my kitchen arsenal. I named it Bloodspiller, because everyone I've lent it to has underestimated its sharpness and cut themselves on it.

I've also got a little multitool on my keychain that -looks- like a key, that folds open into a sharp little knife. So there.

Anime...I'm so behind. I think the only thing I've really kept up with right now is One Piece. I tried Princess Principal but it wasn't really my thing. I grabbed a few episodes of Made in Abyss because I keep hearing good things about it, but have yet to try it. If something doesn't grab me by like, the second episode, I just don't bother. This can suck because some series take some time to get going before they get REALLY good. (Lookin at you, Steins;Gate).

• Like 1
13 hours ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

This is my most favorite image ever
Oh jeez I accidentally pasted something that's uh

Not

What I meant to put here

Here it is

rsz_hqdefault_by_patchworkpsycho-dbm7dy2

Hey guuurl

Hey pretty mama

What do ya think of my big, thick...

POTASSIUM?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SymphonicFire said:

What about Kakegurui? Or Netsuzou TRap? Keppeki Danshi?

Although I am a massive fan of all things Yuri. I just didn't like Netsuzou TRap. Not because of the NTR theme, but something about it stopped me caring about any of the characters. 

With that thin link:

Spoiler

DIoXPVzV4AA7CZU.png:large

I read a good bit into Kakegurui, its pretty good. Unfortunately I then watched Mother's basement's video on how is a bad gambling anime and I actually agree with him. (In short, there is little risk to the protag at any given point.)

But it has cute girls in it and sometimes that's ok. 

If you're looking for a good gambling anime, try Kaiji: ultimate survivor. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rosewind said:

I've totally got a knife, but it's in my work bag. I use it mostly for opening boxes of product that I need to bake with. I've also got a Japanese damascus blade that can split grapes if you drop them on the edge, in my kitchen arsenal. I named it Bloodspiller, because everyone I've lent it to has underestimated its sharpness and cut themselves on it.

I'm not one to use common sense all that often, but even if a knife isn't as sharp as others you own shouldn't you be just as careful with it anyway? I don't see why anyone would underestimate a knife, considering their sole purpose is for cutting things. Humans are things as well. It'd be a lot safer to overestimate all sharp objects.

As for anime I just finished Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou/Daily Lives of High School Boys(I never know whether to use the English or Japanese title so why not both), I thought it was pretty good. I was gonna start watching... oh yeah, Mob Psycho 100. I saw the first episode last night and I'm probably gonna blow through that instead of doing the more important things I should be doing.

1 hour ago, Penumbra said:

Although I am a massive fan of all things Yuri. I just didn't like Netsuzou TRap. Not because of the NTR theme, but something about it stopped me caring about any of the characters.

Yea, I didn't continue with the manga because I just got bored with it at some point. I'm loving Citrus though, definitely a good read. Something a little more innocent would be "Tamen De Gushi", but if innocent is not your thing then check out "What does the fox say?" or "Pulse". 

I love Yaoi too, heheheh (Symphy is starting to show her fujoshi side). Have any of you guys heard about "Killing Stalking" or "Ten Count"? They came out quite recently and I'm hooked onto both of them. 

1 hour ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

As for anime I just finished Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou/Daily Lives of High School Boys(I never know whether to use the English or Japanese title so why not both), I thought it was pretty good. I was gonna start watching... oh yeah, Mob Psycho 100. I saw the first episode last night and I'm probably gonna blow through that instead of doing the more important things I should be doing.

Mob Psycho 100 is great, got a lot of One punch man vibes from it. 

57 minutes ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

Speaking of anime, I have an important question to ask.

Honestly the former is better to me.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, PatchworkPsycho said:

For my question either way is a-okay to me. I've heard of Killing Stalking, but I don't know much about it.

wide?updated=1503990008823&width=1200

It's a yaoi manhwa about this scrawny guy who has a big crush on a really handsome dude, so big he breaks into his house. He realizes this guy is actually a serial killer and they then have this really manipulative relationship which is kinda screwed up but really interesting at the same time.

It's not about tolerance. It's about accepting things you can't change, having the strength to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference. 

Accepting pain, embracing pain, looking at suffering square in the eye and saying "I will not fold. I will not yield. I will give no quarter. I will not have mercy. I will not lay down and die." Looking beyond the horizon, past the cloud tops, into the black abyss of infinite time and ever-expanding space with unreachable speckles of hope in all directions...all in a small bottle of smashed up peppers, vinegar, and spices.

You don't eat spicy stuff for pleasure. You eat it to give yourself perspective.

• Like 1