Last post wins

*plays Canon in D as giant mortars begin to launch out into the night, lighting the darkness with brief brilliance as plumes of flame erupt upward and explosions reverberate in a raw harmony to the mournful notes*

Thus it begins again.

*Angie's silhouette stands very dramatically at the top of a hill*

*reaches into bag and pulls something out*

*rolls slip 'n slide carpet down the hillside*

*slip 'n slides into topic*

*pauses to watch Angie slip 'n slide into the topic, because it's so dramatic*

That was very dramatic Angie.

*resumes mortar fire and starts Brahms's Lullaby*

*floats through the mortar barrage, his silhouette illuminated by the explosions down below*

HELLLOOOO!!!! UH OH!!! INCOMING!

*notices a mortar shell about to hit him, his badge glows and the shell reflects off his body*

hello Silver, How are you today?

*each step he takes, the ground below him turns to ice*

I swear everyone in my house has been touched by Discord because they turned a miserable bunch, heck it's even getting to me now.

*sips juice box and it turns to an popsicle*

Umm popsicle anypony?

*reflects another mortar shell*

I'm doing fine up here thanks to my Franklin Badge, but if you don't wanna have to get a new snow body, I'd suggest you seek shelter from thexshelling!

* Sneaks into thread humming James Bond theme

*Looks left

*Looks right

*Looks up

*Looks down

*Darling, he looks all around.

* Crawls under table

*Goes to Aria's section.

*Rummages through belongings

Hmmm....not here.

*Gets out paper.

DEAR ARIA

I am in need of you.

Like a lot.

You can do something for me only you can do.

As the Mature Filly you are, you could take this with understanding.

Now Penumbra isn't one to jump into these things.

If you want, I can take you out to dinner.

A nice place.

A candle lit place with soft music.

Have whatever you wan't, money isn't a problem for Penumbra.

He'll wear his good lipstick.

You, your fines dress.

The most expensive wine, the most gourmet looking food.

A table over looking the whole of the forest and further.

We can have that dance I promised you, under the moon.

The gentle cool breeze.

And only each other to warm up.

Slightly intoxicated.

Could lead to anything.

I also have a honeymoon suite left over.

I cleaned out the honey and bears for this occasion.

Creep in there, laughing and stumbling.

Fall onto each other on the bed.

And that that moment.

Swimming in the glow each others eyes.

And in unison.

We would both know.

The reason for tonight.

For 'us' was

....You...

...really need to give me a tape you might have.

Penumbra's "Client' knows some stuff Penumbra doesn't want getting out.

And has black mailed Penumbra.

The only way to keep him quiet is getting the tape he said you had.

The one with the "drugging" and the 'taking advantage of"

Help me save myself.

I got you dinner for Celestia's sake!

Well, I've left you my card with contact details.

mycardoq4.jpg

With deepest sympathies.

Penumbra.

• Like 2

I'm climbing the ladder .-. Funny stuff to observe.

Also, Pen-Pen! Your sig is awesome this time!

"cURL error (connect() timed out!)"

Seriously, this one makes me smile, it looks great :D

On side note, second OC accepted... Hellz yea!

Now I need to remake my WHOLE signature >.>'

*high up in the heavens far above sits a moon, round and full, glowing amidst a sea of darkest midnight spotted with twinkling starlight, its pale graces shining down upon a shattered wasteland, littered with flames and mortars, charred husks of trees and globs of sweets, broken tea cups and menacing ballistae*

*basked in a column of moonlight, I sit upon a throne of ancient oak, eyes turned to that pale goddess, her glowing figure filling my eyes, their electric blue pupils searing in her soft light*

Princess, my Princess.

I see you but you can't see me.

Locked away, locked away.

For so very looooooooong.

Didn't you hear me calling for you, my Princess?

No.

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

NO!

Fawkes' tongue was cut off, left to dance alone, silent and meaningless in the tea pot.

I found it though. I found it, my Princess.

*the flames that continue to burn through the wood cast violent shadows over the entire forest, wicked and tortured as they jump and dance across the ground*

*from out of the black shadows an apple rolls of its own accord, gleaming blood red in the glare of mother moon, rolling rolling rolling along*

*the blood red apple bumps into the foot of my throne with the gentlest of thuds and I reach down to rescue it from the dust and the ash to admire it in the beauty of the moonlight, eyes fixed searingly on its round surface, the flames throwing its lifted shadow monstrously onto the ground*

I remember. I remember it all.

But remembering is bad!

So I decided to forget...

I forgot it all.

Whispers, whispers, whispering.

Cooing from the dark.

"Fawkes!" they call. "Fawkes sleep! It is time to get up!"

But I didn't want to listen to their perplexing voices, voicing their perplexity!

Too loud, too proud!

The crowd behind the shroud!

From their plowed field grows the mushroom cloud!

*my maw opens wide and razored fangs sink into the skin of the blood red apple, its juices spurting down my chin, dripping dripping drip drop drip drop drip*

*I devour the whole of the fruit like a hyena gnawing meat from bone until naught but its core is left, a raped ravished reminder of its once beautiful form*

*the claws of my hind paw dig into the charred earth in front of my towering throne, pulling dirt from dirt until a small hole sits beneath me, like a cup brimming with shadow, into which I drop the skeletal remains of the apple where it falls falls falls to the bottom of the hole where it thuds loudly, ringing like a gong*

*I return the dirt to its home, falling into the tiny hole like a miniature avalanche until the hole fades from existence*

Ariaaaaaa.

Aria Aria Aria.

I see you.

I can see you so bright and clear tonight!

Perhaps it is the moon...

Perhaps it is the inferno that rips through the forest...

But I can see now.

Two pinpricks of light...

Globes of such breathtaking beauty, they make me just want to cry!

Like ANGELS!

Dancing dancing dancing in the night!

I see you, Aria.

I can hear your frenzied heartbeat.

I can smell your luxurious mane.

I can feel your gracious movements.

I can TASTE your rippled thoughts.

*raises my arms to the heavens, my massive wings spreading out to either side of me, the flames throwing my outline across the whole of the forest*

I can REALLY see you now!

My little Aria.

Oh how fast you've grown!

Look at all the trouble you've gotten yourself into...

All to reorder the golden strings.

But you worry too much!

You make yourself saaaad...

You can't change FATE but don't feel so bad!

*I pull my top hat from atop my hatted head to drop it atop the interred apple core with an echoing crash like frenzied thunder, violent shockwaves exploding outwards beneath the earth, all across the forest, rattling rattling rattling*

Enjoy it while you can! It's just like the weather!

Quit complaining, Aria!

NO ONE LIVES FOREVER~

*a smile as long as a mile spreads across my lips, wicked and deranged, my eyes sear with whispered giggles*

*I step gracefully atop the top of my top hat, raising my paws in the air like a mad conductor as my horns burst into blue and violet flame, my body glowing with moonlight and rippled with the forest fire's glare*

Let's have a party, there's a full moon in sky!

*all across the forest chasms open in the earth with cataclysmic roars of shredding rock and stone*

*massive stalks of yellow and red and green and blue erupt from the ground, rocketing towards the heavens, ten, fifteen, thirty, fifty, a hundred feet high*

It's the hour of the wolf and I don't wanna die!

*stalks erupt violently underneath multiple mortars and ballistae, their ravenous trunks growing around the tainted war machines, crushing them as they're carried high, higher, highest into the night sky, their remnants remaining fused into the bodies of the stalks that carried them*

I'm so happy!

Dancing while the grim reaper

CUTS CUTS CUTS!

But he can't get me!

*my body sways wildly, my wings turned to the heavens as the stalks erupt around me, my paws swinging through the air, conducting an orchestra amidst the fire and moonlight*

*I slice my right paw down through the air with controlled grace as my horns spark wildly*

*a whumping bang echoes across the forest followed by the sound of rushing water as the Font of Madness shears open, from its center an endless geyser of water shoots high into the air before raining down to the earth with the force of a waterfall*

*Its sweet, ancient waters rush across the forest like a monsoon, between trees and tables, twigs and top hats, dousing the violent flames, searing hisses like tortured serpents join in a chorus all across the wood as massive pillars of steam rush into the air*

I'm as clever as can be and I'm very quick!

But don't forget!

We've only got so many tricks~

No one lives forever!!

*I ball my paws into fists and suddenly spring them open, my horns shooting gouts of blue and violet flame into the air as they open*

*the top of every towering stalk bursts open like fireworks, pop pop popping across the forest, unfolding into mushroom tops the size of airships*

*from each and every mushroom top rains down a thousand softly glowing spores, dancing in the moonlight like an armada of fireflys*

*the spores drop into the flood blanketing the forest floor just as the waters begin to recede down the gaping chasms surrounding the mushroom stalks, washing away with them the remains of the earlier bombardment of sweets as well as any other hidden weapons*

No one beats him at his game for very long, but just the same!

Who cares there's no place safe to hide?

Nowhere to run, no time to cry!

*a gentle rumbling spreads all throughout the forest which grows into a deafening roar as the very ground shakes and rumbles*

*my top hat beneath me bursts into violent green flames which lick harmlessly at my legs as all across the forest trees of every color, shape, size, hue, personality, disposition, political stance, and career choice burst up from the ground, exploding into adulthood in the blink of an eye like kernals of popcorn*

*the remains of the war machines are ensnared and crushed in the thick trunks that spring from the ground as they're fused into the new trees*

*a carpet of thick, whimsical grass explodes out of the ground, tickling the trunks of the newly risen trees and massive mushrooms*

*the trees and mushrooms that were planted earlier spring up as well, accelrated in their growth by the water from the Font that flooded over them*

So celebrate while you still can 'cause any second it may end!

And when it's all been said and done, better that you had some fun!

*leaps from atop my burning top hat into the forest that's bursting into life once again, twirling my body and flapping my wings wildly to a frenzied beat*

*each and every tree bursts forth with a plentiful bounty: apple and orange trees, banana and watermelon trees, teacup and crumpet trees, trees that rain skittles when tickled and trees that sing songs, trees which scream bloody murder and trees that cackle like jackals, trees that strangle and trees that tickle*

Instead of hiding in a shell! Why make your life a living hell?

So have a toast and down the cup and drink to bones that turn to dust!

'CAUSE...

*the Font of Madness melds itself back together with its waters gushing softly once more, the grand tea table pulls itself together with a loud SNAP before shaking off any damage with a powerful shiver, a line of chairs come waddling out from within the newly formed wood to seat themselves around the tea table, and the flames of Mania and Dementia burst spectacularly into life*

No one, no one, no one, no one, no one, no one

*the branches and boughs of dozens of trees swing wildly as they gracefully hurl various adornments onto the tea table: teacups that squeak, eclairs that scamper, crumpets that cower, silverware that wear silver, jelly that jams, sugar that shivers, tea pots that sing and milk jugs that juggle*

No one, no one, no one, no one, no one, no one

*enters into a rapid, violent twirl across the forest floor, my wings and tail and mane whipping around my body until with a graceful jerk, I rip myself out of it as I simultaneously throw myself onto my throne, my horns and top hat dousing themselves immediately*

NO ONE LIVES FOREVER!

*my chest rises and falls somewhat rapidly, my paws clutch at the armrests of my throne as my eyes gaze a gazely stare into the distance, unfocused and searing icy blue as a soft night time breeze whispers its way through the reborn glade and dense forest of trees and mushrooms, rustling their canopy of leaves*

*a great big grin twists itself onto my lips, spreading from cheek to cheek and revealing my fangs which glint in the moonlight*

*I pluck mine top hat from the ground, placing it gingerly upon my head*

*on the small circle of ground which the brim of my hat covered, sits a gleaming, golden apple*

*I pluck that from the ground as well, craddling it in my paws ever so softly as I lean back into the seat of my throne, grin still upon my lips*

The Forest lives.

MADNESS lives!

Fawkes... LIVES~

• Like 2