Last post wins

The UFO ending for shattered memory's is awesome.

Like all kinds of Awesome.

Shattered memories was the only worth while attempt at bringing back the silent hill series after the first three. I truly wished it was its own series, it could of gone far I think but it was doomed for it was expected to live up to a game considered a master piece of the horror gaming world.

If I had the time to argue with this, I would.

You would lose. Street fighter and mortal kombat, at least the modern series have virtually no combat system or if they do possess one it is pale and rushed. The older street fighters however are from I seen more equipped mechanically. The Mortal kombats of the past....I don't really know although the gimmick of having so many finishers and just being its own unique style at least-In my opinion-meant it deserved some sort of attention and it had a nice enough roster, especially as time went on to keep things interesting.

While the old guilty gears, most notably X and the one before mechanics were still rusty, it had original and interesting ideas with a still very interesting rosters. Although as the game evolved it became easily in terms of mechanics the most well polished game which Blazblue took and improved while street fighter for some reason decided that no mechanics is better and relied pretty much on frame abuse and 1-2 hits for "combos" The current Mortal Kombat is equally boring although at least nice looking. Blazblue might be more generic anime with some of its character while in the past GG was just out right insane in terms of characters, I think that a more personalized drive has been assigned to the BB staff and the story moves forward more nicely as whole thanks to the character change.

In short while Mortal kombat and Street fighter were great games, this current generation decided for whatever reason that Combos, bursts, skill based tactics and balanced moves of any sort of mechanics was a waste of time and that graphics and hoping fan bases to just grin and buy would pull the franchise forward. Sadly they were right.

AT LEAST the SF series redeemed it self by using an actual combo system and even a jewel/tag team system on top in the SFXT series. I'm hoping that mortal kombat redeems itself in the fighting world. When it was controversial and new, it was fine and it old adventure story aspects were a nice gimmick to the games as well but it wouldn't kill it to introduce a more stable combo system in the future.

The losing aspect would be the fact that the quality of the mechanics are so vastly gap-guilty gear final series and blazblue-being psychotically above its opponents. The only reason MVC3 even can be compared to BB or GG is that it does..have a combo system and has a quick team select, fast pace and no burst accommodating style to allow the pace to keep in tone with the number of characters. In short..it has good mechanic design and is made to be easy to learn...although it sucks because it story is nothing but a single picture and a voice over..I mean seriously...a single picture..you couldn't even give us five or ten...